Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Regal Moon 14:10 - Jan 2 with 9516 views_dezzy

Going to be shut for at least 3 months, With Bury in town on the 8th of march it could be a bit of a squeeze in town that day,

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/100183/regal-moon

[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 14:11]

KHBA

Regal Moon on 14:32 - Jan 2 with 9418 viewsNigeriamark

How did the Flying horse fare in the floods? Coming over to the UK for the Chesterfield and Fleetwood games and this is a pub that I usually visit

I hear the food there is now good too - Anyone eaten there?
Regal Moon on 14:35 - Jan 2 with 9397 views_dezzy

Regal Moon on 14:32 - Jan 2 by Nigeriamark

How did the Flying horse fare in the floods? Coming over to the UK for the Chesterfield and Fleetwood games and this is a pub that I usually visit

Hiya, The flyer wasn't effected at all by the floods, Getting quite busy with the Regal being shut, I can vouch for the food there, It is top notch, But your main man to ask for info is Flyerdale,

KHBA

Regal Moon on 14:37 - Jan 2 with 9384 viewsShun

Apologies for the thumbs down.
Regal Moon on 14:38 - Jan 2 with 9376 views442Dale

Food in there is brilliant. Great value for money.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Regal Moon on 14:53 - Jan 2 with 9286 viewsflyerdale

Regal Moon on 14:35 - Jan 2 by _dezzy

Hiya, The flyer wasn't effected at all by the floods, Getting quite busy with the Regal being shut, I can vouch for the food there, It is top notch, But your main man to ask for info is Flyerdale,

Yes Flyer is open and fortunately avoided the flooding as it's slightly up hill. It is being said that if the river wasnt open the flooding would have wiped out a lot more of the town centre including the flying horse. so yes it's open for quality drink and food.
Regal Moon on 15:15 - Jan 2 with 9206 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Regal Moon on 14:53 - Jan 2 by flyerdale

Yes Flyer is open and fortunately avoided the flooding as it's slightly up hill. It is being said that if the river wasnt open the flooding would have wiped out a lot more of the town centre including the flying horse. so yes it's open for quality drink and food.

Do the ladies that provide food in the Radcliffe Bar hail from the F'ing H?

If so ,very good and reasonable price.
Regal Moon on 15:27 - Jan 2 with 9160 viewsNigeriamark

Interesting. I would have thought the height difference between the Regal Moon and Flying Horse was minimal, yet one is shut for 3 months and the other is unscathed

Thanks everyone for the advice on the food - Will definitely give it a try now. Had started to get in the habit of visiting the same places for grub so will be a nice change
Regal Moon on 15:27 - Jan 2 with 9158 viewsD_Alien

Agree with that. The river being opened up released a lot of the water pressure which could've caused havoc further downstream, or even undermined the area around the Cenotaph/Esplanade.

The Flyer is the best pub in town, and currently selling ale at a discount (not sure for how long). Great to see it back to the prominence it had in the 70s/80s.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Regal Moon on 15:28 - Jan 2 with 9156 views_dezzy

Regal Moon on 15:15 - Jan 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Do the ladies that provide food in the Radcliffe Bar hail from the F'ing H?

If so ,very good and reasonable price.

Yup

KHBA

Regal Moon on 15:34 - Jan 2 with 9120 views1mark1

Regal Moon on 15:27 - Jan 2 by D_Alien

Agree with that. The river being opened up released a lot of the water pressure which could've caused havoc further downstream, or even undermined the area around the Cenotaph/Esplanade.

The Flyer is the best pub in town, and currently selling ale at a discount (not sure for how long). Great to see it back to the prominence it had in the 70s/80s.

Yes there was a lot of ignorance from people stating floods caused in Town Centre by opening up of river. When all of the ideas, and planning for the opening was happening, a lot of thought and research went in to make sure it would have no negative cause on flooding.

Flying Horse an excellent pub, a proper pub.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Regal Moon on 16:06 - Jan 2 with 9032 viewsNigeriamark

I have a soft spot for the Flying horse as it seems it was my first drinking experience

When I was 3 or 4 years old ( Mid 1960's) I was a page boy at my Aunties wedding and they had their reception at the FH. When no one was looking apparently I had a swig of the dregs out of someones pint and fell asleep on the steps

Also got hammered there on my 22nd birthday by drinking 22 vodkas in 22 minutes for a bet, went to sleep in the toilets and had to be carried home

Happy times !!!
Regal Moon on 17:43 - Jan 2 with 8909 viewsYouTubeDale

Get it opened tonight for the Dale home coming...get Buddy in.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Regal Moon on 22:02 - Jan 2 with 8564 viewsmingthemerciless

I thought the Baum was the best pub in town. The Flying Horse always seems a bit soul less to me in spite of Ben's hard work.
Regal Moon on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 8530 viewsD_Alien

Regal Moon on 22:02 - Jan 2 by mingthemerciless

I thought the Baum was the best pub in town. The Flying Horse always seems a bit soul less to me in spite of Ben's hard work.

The Baum is pretty good, but their ale is a bit pricey. If you simply want a decent pint in a pub with some tradition behind it, you can't beat th' Horse. We're lucky to have both.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 22:09]

Regal Moon on 22:38 - Jan 2 with 8419 viewsflyerdale

Regal Moon on 15:28 - Jan 2 by _dezzy

Yup

No just in the players lounge. Not sure who does the Radcliffe's bar catering
Regal Moon on 22:40 - Jan 2 with 8405 viewsflyerdale

Regal Moon on 22:02 - Jan 2 by mingthemerciless

Well there's a soul band playing at this minute in the flyer haha
Regal Moon on 21:42 - Feb 5 with 7704 viewsrobtheb

Not been over near Regal recently, anybody have an update on renovation?
Regal Moon on 21:51 - Feb 5 with 7649 viewsroccydaleian

Regal Moon on 21:42 - Feb 5 by robtheb

Not been over near Regal recently, anybody have an update on renovation?

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/100774/regal-moon
Regal Moon on 22:25 - Feb 5 with 7576 viewsrobtheb

Regal Moon on 21:51 - Feb 5 by roccydaleian

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/100774/regal-moon

Cheers for that.
Regal Moon on 09:01 - Feb 6 with 7375 viewsjoecooke

Went in the Flying Horse the other week with my old man,food was good and a decent pint.Went in the Cask as well which had had a lick of paint and again a decent pint and was serving grub as well.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Regal Moon on 09:07 - Feb 6 with 7358 viewsfirgrovedale51

Bury on the 8th March ?
Regal Moon on 12:59 - Feb 6 with 7168 viewsbrady

Had some great Fridays in the flying horse since Christmas. Top bands and good quality local cask ales on. Not had any food there yet but I have heard some good reports. Also has character and characters.
Regal Moon on 13:04 - Feb 6 with 7158 viewsD_Alien

Regal Moon on 12:59 - Feb 6 by brady

Had some great Fridays in the flying horse since Christmas. Top bands and good quality local cask ales on. Not had any food there yet but I have heard some good reports. Also has character and characters.

The Flying Horse has regained it's rightful place as the best pub in the town centre.

That used to be the Baum, but as you say, the band nights and well-kept ales at a very reasonable price have put it back where it belongs. The Regal will always attract customers (once it reopens) due to the discounted prices but the Baum is a bit on the expensive side for anyone who simply wants to enjoy a good pint in a decent atmosphere.

Plus, the Horse has SS screens.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024