Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bury thread 17:21 - Jan 23 with 28958 viewsBuryyyy

[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 20:19]
The Bury thread on 21:00 - Jan 30 with 3094 viewsroccydaleian

The Bury thread on 20:55 - Jan 30 by Buryyyy

Maybe if this board wasn't full of all things Bury you wouldn't attract so many unwanted Bury fans to the site. You don't see any mention of Rochdale on the Bury forum hence no Dale posters.

Maybe we've got better things to do and don't give a shit.
The Bury thread on 21:03 - Jan 30 with 3075 viewsWhiteyBFC

The Bury thread on 20:49 - Jan 30 by Buryyyy

Doesn't bother me.

Looking forward to next Sunday, and giving Flicker a welcome home, a thank you for the great escape. Be fantastic to see Danny Rose back home too.

However, no sympathy for your plight and I look forward to us beating you and making it seven successive wins.

And a word of warning - I would advise your mong element not to be 'mongy' in Tarn. Seriously.
The Bury thread on 21:18 - Jan 30 with 2985 viewsSandyman

Dear mong,

Please get the basis of our interest in bury. It is humour. bury is a joke. When you and try and defend this joke we laugh even more. bury is the joke that keeps on giving. We laugh even more.

Your CCJ's are comedy gold.

Thank you.
The Bury thread on 21:30 - Jan 30 with 2920 viewsBuryyyy

The Bury thread on 21:03 - Jan 30 by WhiteyBFC

Looking forward to next Sunday, and giving Flicker a welcome home, a thank you for the great escape. Be fantastic to see Danny Rose back home too.

However, no sympathy for your plight and I look forward to us beating you and making it seven successive wins.

And a word of warning - I would advise your mong element not to be 'mongy' in Tarn. Seriously.

Plight? What being mid table in L1?

And I'll save that "can't wait to beat you and make it 7 wins in a row" line for Sunday afternoon

Also I'd like you thank you for putting 6 past Dale last week!
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 21:34]
#AboveBury on 21:34 - Jan 30 with 2898 viewsTVOS1907

#AboveBury on 20:30 - Jan 30 by Buryyyy

You aren't averaging 3,500 though are you... 2,300 home fans on average as of last week.. Another 2,900 crowd today to support your 3,500 average attendance claim...

Rochdale currently average 3,225.. The lowest in the division.

Rochdales net home fans of 2,358 also the lowest in the division, over 300 lower than second lowest club Fleetwood.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 20:37]

I take it Day's "5000 average" didn't include away fans then?

WHY are you so obsessed with attendances? It's like a willy-waving contest, of which I'm sure you have taken part in many.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Bury thread on 22:01 - Jan 30 with 2828 viewsKenBoon

Tweet of the Week goes to...

Top level banter. Chuck him a few quid. Great cause.
The Bury thread on 22:31 - Jan 30 with 2709 viewskippy333

The Bury thread on 21:30 - Jan 30 by Buryyyy

And I'll save that "can't wait to beat you and make it 7 wins in a row" line for Sunday afternoon

"End of the day lads, your a good if slightly obsessed bunch. I will end by saying that I will look forward watching Bury play an FA Cup 4th round game against top of the championship infront of 10,000, as for Dale, you guys concentrate on conceeding less than 6 this week! "

How did that one go bud?
The Bury thread on 22:41 - Jan 30 with 2689 viewsDorislove

The Bury thread on 22:01 - Jan 30 by KenBoon

Tweet of the Week goes to...

Top level banter. Chuck him a few quid. Great cause.

Is that a police brutality survivors page??
Login to get fewer ads

The Bury thread on 09:53 - Jan 31 with 2457 viewsaleanddale

The Bury thread on 20:21 - Jan 30 by Buryyyy

Also we've apparently had a bid of 900k-£1M for Leon Clarke from either Blackburn (just made £9M off Rhodes) or Reading. Make of that what you will..

Also changed name of thread so you can stick all Bury stuff in here

Stef..

You soft lad! Changed the #abovebury because Dale are erm.... #abovebury

You spout some shite you make Colin Bell look intelligent.

10 000 ha ha just about 7.

So the buckets average crowd can include away fans but Rochdales cannot?

What an A class bell end this Stephanie character is.
The Bury thread on 09:55 - Jan 31 with 2452 viewsaleanddale

At least Rob Shaker had the balls to leave his OP "slump" thread as we romped to promotion.

#noballsstef
#AboveBury on 11:08 - Jan 31 with 2327 viewsdingdangblue

#AboveBury on 20:13 - Jan 30 by Buryyyy

Firstly a few things to consider..

The 5,500-6000 comment was said to his mate on national radio, as we are the adopted team.. The whole point of the show is to big Bury up/see how we are getting on etc.. Bearing in mind at the time of the comment we were averaging 4,800 then he wasn't too far off with 5,500, although still incorrect, it was nothing more than a throwaway comment said to his freind in an attempt to big us up as a club. You have hung on to that throwaway comment far too desperately. It's only like if Rochdales chairman was to say Dale average 3,500 on GMR radio for example.

Secondly today's crowd.. A complete mystery to everyone and not for the first time.. Ticket situation didn't help at all but the club stated we had sold 5,000 pre kick off, Hull police also confirmed they had sold 2,800 at end of play. Now either 800 who had tickets didn't turn up or the chairman is understating the attendance to save on tax ). Where's the radio comment was overstating our attendances, today's was definitely understated.

This post has been edited by an administrator

You didn't answer the Barnsley one? Day said they sold out 2700 away tickets for Boxing Day? That was the reason for late payment of the monthly tax bill? They said they sold 1300?
Silence.........................

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

#AboveBury on 17:51 - Jan 31 with 2108 viewsYorkshire_Dale

#AboveBury on 20:13 - Jan 30 by Buryyyy

Firstly a few things to consider..

The 5,500-6000 comment was said to his mate on national radio, as we are the adopted team.. The whole point of the show is to big Bury up/see how we are getting on etc.. Bearing in mind at the time of the comment we were averaging 4,800 then he wasn't too far off with 5,500, although still incorrect, it was nothing more than a throwaway comment said to his freind in an attempt to big us up as a club. You have hung on to that throwaway comment far too desperately. It's only like if Rochdales chairman was to say Dale average 3,500 on GMR radio for example.

Secondly today's crowd.. A complete mystery to everyone and not for the first time.. Ticket situation didn't help at all but the club stated we had sold 5,000 pre kick off, Hull police also confirmed they had sold 2,800 at end of play. Now either 800 who had tickets didn't turn up or the chairman is understating the attendance to save on tax ). Where's the radio comment was overstating our attendances, today's was definitely understated.

This post has been edited by an administrator

When did Hull Police start selling tickets for bury games?
The Bury thread on 18:33 - Jan 31 with 2037 viewsaleanddale

Arsenal away

#lookwhatyoucouldhavewon
The Bury thread on 18:49 - Jan 31 with 1993 viewsSuddenLad

Nice to see that Steve Bruce made ELEVEN changes to the team, for the game at Giggle Lane, compared to their previous League fixture.

Bury 1 Hull City Reserves 3
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 19:51]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Bury thread on 18:55 - Jan 31 with 1976 viewsWhiteyBFC

The Bury thread on 21:30 - Jan 30 by Buryyyy

Your financial plight, that you're hoping goes away if you ignore it long enough, a bit like your chur-man.

In terms of the team, results etc, you're having a fine campaign, not that it's stopped you lot calling for Flicker to be sacked 24/7.

And you can save what you want. I fully expect us to turn you over. With us being so much bigger than you. That's how it works in your head, no?

As for Dale, they were unlucky to be on the end of a hiding, everything we hit went in. It happens. Are they not above you?
#AboveBury on 19:05 - Jan 31 with 1930 viewsWhiteyBFC

#AboveBury on 11:08 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

You didn't answer the Barnsley one? Day said they sold out 2700 away tickets for Boxing Day? That was the reason for late payment of the monthly tax bill? They said they sold 1300?
Silence.........................

We were given 1,300 and sold 1,300 with more to be sold on the day. Stewart Day.
The Bury thread on 19:05 - Jan 31 with 1929 viewsBuryyyy

The Bury thread on 18:49 - Jan 31 by SuddenLad

Nice to see that Steve Bruce made ELEVEN changes to the team, for the game at Giggle Lane, compared to their previous League fixture.

Bury 1 Hull City Reserves 3
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 19:51]

Sorry what round did Rochdale get to?? Oh wait they got knocked out at home to Bury in the second round didn't they?

And I'm pretty certain Stoke reserves beat Rochdale 4-1 last season.

But hey, I'm not bothered, Hull were a quality team, and the gulf in class between L1 and The Championship is massive.
The Bury thread on 19:08 - Jan 31 with 1908 viewsBuryyyy

The Bury thread on 18:55 - Jan 31 by WhiteyBFC

Your financial plight, that you're hoping goes away if you ignore it long enough, a bit like your chur-man.

In terms of the team, results etc, you're having a fine campaign, not that it's stopped you lot calling for Flicker to be sacked 24/7.

And you can save what you want. I fully expect us to turn you over. With us being so much bigger than you. That's how it works in your head, no?

As for Dale, they were unlucky to be on the end of a hiding, everything we hit went in. It happens. Are they not above you?

We're having a fine season with top results, hence why you fully expect Barnsley to turn us over? A fine contradiction.

Our players tend to raise their games against inform teams. Wins away at Wigan, Sheffield United and Walsall prove this.

Anyway unless Flitcroft stops playing centre mids on the wings and at right back we will struggle to beat anyone
The Bury thread on 19:17 - Jan 31 with 1890 viewsSuddenLad

The Bury thread on 19:05 - Jan 31 by Buryyyy

Sorry what round did Rochdale get to?? Oh wait they got knocked out at home to Bury in the second round didn't they?

But hey, I'm not bothered, Hull were a quality team, and the gulf in class between L1 and The Championship is massive.

Stoke reserves ? Check your facts. Bojan, Jonathan Walters, Victor Moses, Stephen Ireland etc, etc.

This of course after Championship side Notttingham Forest had been beaten in the previous round.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30875452

Rochdale 1-4 Stoke

Ex-Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson on BBC Radio 5 live

"Stoke named a really strong team tonight. As soon as you look around the dressing room as a Rochdale player you know what's coming. Rochdale were better than Stoke in the first half but Stoke scored three outstanding goals and that was the difference."
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 19:22]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Bury thread on 19:24 - Jan 31 with 1867 viewsBuryyyy

The Bury thread on 19:17 - Jan 31 by SuddenLad

Stoke reserves ? Check your facts. Bojan, Jonathan Walters, Victor Moses, Stephen Ireland etc, etc.

This of course after Championship side Notttingham Forest had been beaten in the previous round.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30875452

Rochdale 1-4 Stoke

Ex-Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson on BBC Radio 5 live

"Stoke named a really strong team tonight. As soon as you look around the dressing room as a Rochdale player you know what's coming. Rochdale were better than Stoke in the first half but Stoke scored three outstanding goals and that was the difference."
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 19:22]

No point getting all tit for tat.. We beat Norwich 7 years ago if you want to keep going... We've won it twice if you want to go that far back.

If you want to get super fussy, the person who scored all 3 Hull goals wasn't even a Hull player, he's an Arsenal loanee.
The Bury thread on 19:27 - Jan 31 with 1852 viewsDySporting

The Bury thread on 19:24 - Jan 31 by Buryyyy

No point getting all tit for tat.. We beat Norwich 7 years ago if you want to keep going... We've won it twice if you want to go that far back.

If you want to get super fussy, the person who scored all 3 Hull goals wasn't even a Hull player, he's an Arsenal loanee.

Norwich were 18th in the Championship and played only Darren Huckerby and Andy Marshall from the first team. The rest of the team was made up of reserves and youth players
The Bury thread on 19:29 - Jan 31 with 1848 viewsBuryyyy

Also whilst your at it, if Bury can't beat Hull reserves, yet beat Rochdale away, what does it say about the quality of Rochdale?
The Bury thread on 19:31 - Jan 31 with 1834 viewsDySporting

The Bury thread on 19:29 - Jan 31 by Buryyyy

Also whilst your at it, if Bury can't beat Hull reserves, yet beat Rochdale away, what does it say about the quality of Rochdale?

If you are doing idiotic tit for tat

Hull City beat Rochdale 1-0 in the League Cup 2nd Round. Which is a better result than bury got yesterday!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 19:31]
The Bury thread on 19:35 - Jan 31 with 1819 viewsTVOS1907

The Bury thread on 19:05 - Jan 31 by Buryyyy

Let's have a look at this Stoke reserves team.

Jack Butland: (England international, first choice keeper since Begovic went to Chelsea) - RESERVE last season
Phil Bardsley: 24 PL appearances last season - NOT RESERVE
Ryan Shawcross: 32 PL appearances last season - NOT RESERVE
Phillip Wollscheid: 12 PL appearances last season (signed in Jan) - NOT RESERVE
Marc Wilson: 27 PL appearances last season - NOT RESERVE
Phillip Nzonzi: 38 PL appearances last season - EVER PRESENT
Glenn Whelan: 28 PL appearances last season - NOT RESERVE
Marco Arnautovic: 29 PL appearances last season - NOT RESERVE
Bojan Krkic: 16 PL appearances last season (injured during the cup tie and missed the rest of the season, used to play for Barcelona) - NOT RESERVE
Victor Moses: 19 PL appearances last season - RESERVE
Jonathan Walters: 32 PL appearances last season - NOT RESERVE

Subs
Steve Sidwell: 12 PL appearances last season - THAT'S WHY HE WAS SUB
Stephen Ireland: 17 PL appearances last season - THAT'S WHY HE WAS SUB
Charlie Adam: 29 PL appearances last season - NOT RESERVE

"But hey, I'm not bothered"

That's funny, you were bothered enough on Friday with your 10,000 crowd prediction (an unhealthy OBSESSION) and your dreams of getting to round five and a massive pay day.

Looks like you missed out on throwing coins at Arsenal fans, Stef. Never mind.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Bury thread on 19:37 - Jan 31 with 1813 viewsR17ALE

The Bury thread on 19:29 - Jan 31 by Buryyyy

Bloody hell are you here again you boring tvvat.

The answer to your question is, before Christmas we beat Colchester 3-1. Yesterday Spurs beat them 4-1. So are Spurs only one goal better than Dale?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024