Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The pitch 18:46 - Jan 30 with 8168 viewsonedalefan

After reading all the comments about the pitch, I was actually surprised how it looked and played today. Expected an awful surface but despite a lot of sand, thought our passing didn't suffer. Would have to give a huge thanks to the ground staff.
The pitch on 14:25 - Feb 6 with 1463 viewsdalelee

Oh yeah you're right, how could I forget the Crewe game being cancelled on boxing day!
The pitch on 14:44 - Feb 6 with 1425 views1mark1

When we had the match called off for the floods it was a fair enough postponement as there was nothing that could have been done, however the other postponement in my opinion was poor, as in my view it appears that not enough was done to stop it freezing, as the covers were not put on in time.

The pitch might not look good, might not be like a carpet to play the passing game of an Arsenal, however it is good enough to play football for the likes of us, just need to adapt our game as per conditions. Apart from the frozen pitch episode, the ground staff have done magnificent job, as it still looks as good as at least half of League 1 and 2 pitches and as good as almost all northern League 1 and 2 pitches.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

The pitch on 14:05 - Feb 7 with 1253 views442Dale

Hornets at home again, some testimonial match.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The pitch on 14:23 - Feb 7 with 1210 views1mark1

The pitch on 14:05 - Feb 7 by 442Dale

Hornets at home again, some testimonial match.

Ground staff will have five full days to work their magic to make it playable. I am sure the pitch will be just as good for the Lions as it was for the Brewers, so no excuse to not play well.

However not sure that such games need to be played on an already overworked pitch at this time of year.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024