Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The pitch 18:46 - Jan 30 with 8021 viewsonedalefan

After reading all the comments about the pitch, I was actually surprised how it looked and played today. Expected an awful surface but despite a lot of sand, thought our passing didn't suffer. Would have to give a huge thanks to the ground staff.
The pitch on 18:47 - Jan 30 with 6754 viewsboromat

I agree its bad but I was expecting worse. And it played OK few slips and bobbles but I've seen worse.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The pitch on 19:25 - Jan 30 with 6630 viewsD_Alien

Has tomorrow's Hornets game been moved to a different date?

The pitch looked OK but the forecast for tomorrow is constant rain and it wouldn't take much to further damage it.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The pitch on 19:27 - Jan 30 with 6615 views442Dale

Yeah, it didn't look too bad and played fine. The groundstaff have done really well.

Wonder if the white covers in front of the main stand are used to keep off rain? Not seen them before.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The pitch on 19:55 - Jan 30 with 6515 viewsfrenzied

Much better than i expected..well done all concerned

The ball moved irratically on the sandy bits..or died a death completely..but didnt affect our passing game which was terrific at times
The pitch on 21:14 - Jan 30 with 6414 viewsonedalefan

The pitch on 19:25 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

Has tomorrow's Hornets game been moved to a different date?

The pitch looked OK but the forecast for tomorrow is constant rain and it wouldn't take much to further damage it.

2 hours ago, their Twitter feed says no pitch inspection scheduled so assume it's going ahead.
The pitch on 21:17 - Jan 30 with 6397 viewsBigKindo

The pitch on 21:14 - Jan 30 by onedalefan

2 hours ago, their Twitter feed says no pitch inspection scheduled so assume it's going ahead.

Pity. A week and half before Dale's next home game would have helped to undertake necessary work. However, ..................................................................................
The pitch on 21:58 - Jan 30 with 6323 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Yes, big high fives to the groundstaff.........pitch looked to hold out well in the main.

There was one point mid-way through the 2nd half when Hendo tricked his way to the bye line (Edwards in a tizz) and just about to pull the trigger when he slipped on a wet patch of sand/mud..........only then did I think the playing surface let us down.
The pitch on 00:03 - Jan 31 with 6203 viewsdeeplishblue

The pitch on 21:58 - Jan 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yes, big high fives to the groundstaff.........pitch looked to hold out well in the main.

There was one point mid-way through the 2nd half when Hendo tricked his way to the bye line (Edwards in a tizz) and just about to pull the trigger when he slipped on a wet patch of sand/mud..........only then did I think the playing surface let us down.

After watching the football league show our pitch looked one on the best ones shown.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Login to get fewer ads

The pitch on 00:05 - Jan 31 with 6195 viewsD_Alien

The pitch on 00:03 - Jan 31 by deeplishblue

After watching the football league show our pitch looked one on the best ones shown.

Just watched MOTD and Gigg Lane's surface is far worse than ours.

The pitch on 12:50 - Jan 31 with 5911 viewsrobtheb

Looks like Hornets game is on. Just passed the ground, they are putting out the "No Parking" bollards.
The pitch on 18:34 - Jan 31 with 5757 viewsonedalefan

The pitch on 12:50 - Jan 31 by robtheb

Looks like Hornets game is on. Just passed the ground, they are putting out the "No Parking" bollards.

Went ahead. Their Twitter feed says they lost in the pouring rain so the pitch will have suffered again.
The pitch on 18:40 - Jan 31 with 5733 views1mark1

Plenty of time to get the pitch prepared for next home game.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

The pitch on 09:44 - Feb 1 with 5524 viewsBigKindo

The pitch on 18:34 - Jan 31 by onedalefan

Went ahead. Their Twitter feed says they lost in the pouring rain so the pitch will have suffered again.

12 - 29. Attn: 624
The pitch on 10:44 - Feb 1 with 5461 viewsaleanddale

The pitch on 09:44 - Feb 1 by BigKindo

12 - 29. Attn: 624

How did the pitch look BK at FT on Sunday?

I have no real Hornets issue as long as they pay the rent then the more the town is represented ( any sport ) the better.

just wish that when the pitch is flooded they don't take a chance on ruining the pitch for the football.
The pitch on 11:03 - Feb 1 with 5417 viewsBigKindo

The pitch on 10:44 - Feb 1 by aleanddale

How did the pitch look BK at FT on Sunday?

I have no real Hornets issue as long as they pay the rent then the more the town is represented ( any sport ) the better.

just wish that when the pitch is flooded they don't take a chance on ruining the pitch for the football.

Dunno. No interest in going to Hornets. I suppose it could be like the Somme?
The pitch on 11:45 - Feb 1 with 5351 viewsChaffRAFC

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12592302_102072679967

Here's one pic of the pitch after the Hornets game.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The pitch on 11:50 - Feb 1 with 5330 viewsBigKindo

The pitch on 11:45 - Feb 1 by ChaffRAFC

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12592302_102072679967

It will probably look better after the tide has gone out.
The pitch on 12:28 - Feb 1 with 5254 viewsdingdangblue

Bad that

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The pitch on 12:55 - Feb 1 with 5184 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Someone has left their wine.
The pitch on 13:14 - Feb 1 with 5144 viewsVespa

The pitch on 12:55 - Feb 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's been there since the Salford game.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

The pitch on 15:22 - Feb 1 with 5017 viewsDaleiLama

The pitch on 12:55 - Feb 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Wouldn't be the first time a fine whine has lingered in the terraces long after the fans have gone

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The pitch on 21:10 - Feb 5 with 4710 viewsrobbowood

Wigan playing Catalan at DW Stadium tonight at rugby league

If you thought Spotland is/was bad then Wigan's pitch is horrendous. Pouring rain and the pitch getting worse by the minute with the second half about to start
The pitch on 22:39 - Feb 5 with 4610 viewsonedalefan

The pitch on 21:10 - Feb 5 by robbowood

Wigan playing Catalan at DW Stadium tonight at rugby league

If you thought Spotland is/was bad then Wigan's pitch is horrendous. Pouring rain and the pitch getting worse by the minute with the second half about to start

Watched the last 10 minutes. If our pitch looked anything like theirs at the end, then absolutely no chance of any decent standard of football possible for the rest of the season.
The pitch on 13:49 - Feb 6 with 4371 viewsdalelee

We've only had one postponement this season which is huge progress for the club compared to issues we've had in the past. Considering the ridiculous amount of rainfall it shows the progress the club is making. Yes I know there are areas for improvement but the club makes a lot more correct decisions than bad ones.
Oldhams game is off today. Who's to blame for that? Perhaps it's because of the almost constant rain in the past 14 or so weeks.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 13:50]
The pitch on 13:59 - Feb 6 with 4342 viewsD_Alien

The pitch on 13:49 - Feb 6 by dalelee

We've only had one postponement this season which is huge progress for the club compared to issues we've had in the past. Considering the ridiculous amount of rainfall it shows the progress the club is making. Yes I know there are areas for improvement but the club makes a lot more correct decisions than bad ones.
Oldhams game is off today. Who's to blame for that? Perhaps it's because of the almost constant rain in the past 14 or so weeks.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 13:50]

Two

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024