Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The game everybody should remember but appears forgotten 19:50 - Feb 4 with 2027 viewsThe_Knightowl

We all must have one ...the one that was lost (mine was 1-3 Crystal Palace when the new floodlights were switched on...not sure if that was my 1st game watched) but above all I remember the game the Dale should have won. My memory was jogged this weekend of a goal that Phil Mullington scored at Spotland...and then I remembered the replay against Norwich 0-0 and what a game that was. The Dale should have won how Mountford never scored........and what a team Norwich had at that time under Bond's stewardship.
The game everybody should remember but appears forgotten on 20:18 - Feb 4 with 1976 viewspioneer

I think you might be a bit mixed up about the floodlights. The crystal palace game (league cup replay) was in Sep 1970. The new floodlights were switched on a year later (I think in a league cup replay v Halifax, Sep 1971).

The new floodlights arose from the FA accepting Coventry's protest that our lights were not up to standard for the Third round game in january 1971 (4 months after the crystal palace game).

Incidentally Crystal Palace had scottish international Gerry Queen playing for them who had recently been sent off after fighting with Man U centre half (and fellow scot) Ian Ure in a league game at Selhurst Park. The Sun headline next day was "Queen in brawl at Palace".
The game everybody should remember but appears forgotten on 01:26 - Feb 5 with 1822 viewsYadHoDale

Saw Gerry Queen play for Orient at Mansfield in 1973.

He wasn't very good..

Ricky Heppolette wasn't bad for the O 's

Mansfield were - in a tradition faithfully carried on to the present day - dull as ditchwater...
The game everybody should remember but appears forgotten on 12:42 - Feb 5 with 1695 viewsBigKindo

No. However hard I try I cannot recall the game I have forgotten.
The game everybody should remember but appears forgotten on 12:48 - Feb 5 with 1683 viewsD_Alien

The game everybody should remember but appears forgotten on 12:42 - Feb 5 by BigKindo

No. However hard I try I cannot recall the game I have forgotten.

Why are you trying to recall, if you've forgotten you knew about it?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The game everybody should remember but appears forgotten on 20:37 - Feb 6 with 1454 viewsfinberty

The game everybody should remember but appears forgotten on 12:48 - Feb 5 by D_Alien

Why are you trying to recall, if you've forgotten you knew about it?

I don't understand the title of this thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024