Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best away day Atmosphere 22:20 - Feb 4 with 13431 viewsStreety1996

What's the best away day Atmosphere you've experienced, mine would have to be Wembley, Bury away (place was full an hour before kick off) 2007/08 and Newport 2013/14

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:24 - Feb 4 with 8560 viewsboromat

Despite results I enjoyed both Liverpool and Wolves away for atmosphere.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:26 - Feb 4 with 8548 views442Dale

Burnley on the Longside 1991. Top of the table clash, noise, a reasonable amount of dislike in the air and a Dale win.

Or Darlo in the Cup replay to get to Anfield (which was one of the worst atmospheres once we got there).

Going away now is completely different to a couple of decades ago. The team and the football may be much better, however the whole experience is miles away from what it was.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:27 - Feb 4 with 8546 views1mark1

Burnley away, when we won with 9 men, with Dale and Burnley fans each having a half of the Longsite? Stand.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:28 - Feb 4 with 8538 viewsDaley_Lama

Cheaterfield 3 Dale 4

Poll: DF in or out

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:29 - Feb 4 with 8534 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Only 400 there but Bristol rovers in 2014, the open air bit erupted when we went 2-1 up and the final whistle was bliss
Best away day Atmosphere on 22:29 - Feb 4 with 8534 viewsTVOS1907

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:27 - Feb 4 by 1mark1

Burnley away, when we won with 9 men, with Dale and Burnley fans each having a half of the Longsite? Stand.

I had a university friend with me that day. He was the only person in our end who didn't completely lose the plot.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:30 - Feb 4 with 8524 views1mark1

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:26 - Feb 4 by 442Dale

Burnley on the Longside 1991. Top of the table clash, noise, a reasonable amount of dislike in the air and a Dale win.

Or Darlo in the Cup replay to get to Anfield (which was one of the worst atmospheres once we got there).

Going away now is completely different to a couple of decades ago. The team and the football may be much better, however the whole experience is miles away from what it was.

Beat me to it. Was that the nine men or season after or before? Was it pissing it down each time we were there?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:32 - Feb 4 with 8513 viewsdingdangblue

Bradford 3-0 away in promotion season. What a night! We went top and stayed there for 4 months.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:33 - Feb 4 with 8511 views442Dale

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:30 - Feb 4 by 1mark1

Beat me to it. Was that the nine men or season after or before? Was it pissing it down each time we were there?

9 men was January 1990. It was a brilliant atmosphere in 90/91 too but we lost that one!

Chesterfield away mentioned was a great away game, one of my favourite ever, but the atmosphere was lost on that terrace.

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:35 - Feb 4 with 8501 views442Dale

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:32 - Feb 4 by dingdangblue

Bradford 3-0 away in promotion season. What a night! We went top and stayed there for 4 months.

Again, brilliant game and performance but the atmosphere? It was one of "bloody hell we're good" more than anything else.

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:37 - Feb 4 with 8489 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:33 - Feb 4 by 442Dale

9 men was January 1990. It was a brilliant atmosphere in 90/91 too but we lost that one!

Chesterfield away mentioned was a great away game, one of my favourite ever, but the atmosphere was lost on that terrace.

Morecambe 3 dale 3
Best away day Atmosphere on 22:38 - Feb 4 with 8486 viewsTVOS1907

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:35 - Feb 4 by 442Dale

Again, brilliant game and performance but the atmosphere? It was one of "bloody hell we're good" more than anything else.

Newport away was a good atmosphere, despite the result.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:38 - Feb 4 with 8486 views442Dale

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:37 - Feb 4 by DannyG_RAFC

Morecambe 3 dale 3

Good call.

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:39 - Feb 4 with 8478 views442Dale

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:38 - Feb 4 by TVOS1907

Newport away was a good atmosphere, despite the result.

Fielding at fine leg it wasn't.

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:40 - Feb 4 with 8476 viewsdingdangblue

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:35 - Feb 4 by 442Dale

Bournemouth away when Reece Gray scored was pretty decent, Old shirt day and Mark Stuarts Stag do. Sang pretty much all game. Rushden 2-2 was a great game and great atmosphere too. Also Darlington when we won to go to Liverpool - very nervous all game and a fantastic feeling when Dean Martin scored.
Accrington 2 Rochdale 4 was pretty special too.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 22:41]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:41 - Feb 4 with 8465 viewsTVOS1907

buryyyyyyyyyy will be along soon with some snide comment about Dale fans never contributing to the atmosphere at Gigg Lane.

He's probably got video evidence as well.

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:41 - Feb 4 with 8465 viewsSuddenLad

This one takes some beating, though the Burnley (9 men) probably edges it.

Layer Road. Colchester 2 Rochdale 5 Oh how we danced..........

http://coludata.co.uk/item.php?pg=matchesplayed&fplyShowAll=true&fdfaShowAll=tru

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:43 - Feb 4 with 8456 views442Dale

Needs saying: Bloody good thread subject.

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:46 - Feb 4 with 8449 viewsSandyman

Tuesday 5th March 2002. Halifax V Dale. 1215 Dale fans present if memory serves.

Dale fans fantastic all night even though we were one down and they had 10 men.

Then Evil scored.

Then the Paddy / Townson / Paddy one-two. The mosh for that goal was priceless.

The atmos at the 2-4 bury demolition under Steve Errr was amusing as well
Best away day Atmosphere on 22:48 - Feb 4 with 8446 views442Dale

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:46 - Feb 4 by Sandyman

Tuesday 5th March 2002. Halifax V Dale. 1215 Dale fans present if memory serves.

Then Evil scored.

That Paddy goal was a mental moment but can't remember the atmosphere being too great beforehand, mainly due to how poor we were.

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:50 - Feb 4 with 8443 viewsTVOS1907

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:46 - Feb 4 by Sandyman

Then Evil scored.

Best away day Atmosphere on 23:38 - Feb 4 with 8304 viewswindowsbug

Dale were due to play Hereford, but the game was called of en route.
So the supporter's coach stopped at West Brom instead.
Best away day Atmosphere on 00:14 - Feb 5 with 8244 viewsDorsetDale

As an exile
Kidderminster 24/04/04
Can't believe how long ago that was, fantastic atmosphere. Most of us were behind the goal but even those in the main stand seats were singing along.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Best away day Atmosphere on 01:09 - Feb 5 with 8208 viewsBuryyyy

Best away day Atmosphere on 00:14 - Feb 5 by DorsetDale

As an exile
Kidderminster 24/04/04
Can't believe how long ago that was, fantastic atmosphere. Most of us were behind the goal but even those in the main stand seats were singing along.

Rochdale and atmosphere are two words that are rarely put in the same sentance. Can never remember you making any noise at Spotland or Gigg Lane. Was like a morgue in the away end in October and at Spotland in December.

I dare say the atmosphere was better at Bury v Walsall last week when we were 3-0 down. In fact Gigg is getting a reputation as one of the best grounds for atmosphere in the league.

Anyway talking of away games, City in 98 was special. Bolton at burnden when we wacked em 3-1 was electric too, doubt Rochdale will ever come close to that.

More recently.. Hard to look past this..

[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 1:22]
Best away day Atmosphere on 06:47 - Feb 5 with 8126 viewsleonardrafc

Best away day Atmosphere on 01:09 - Feb 5 by Buryyyy

Rochdale and atmosphere are two words that are rarely put in the same sentance. Can never remember you making any noise at Spotland or Gigg Lane. Was like a morgue in the away end in October and at Spotland in December.

I dare say the atmosphere was better at Bury v Walsall last week when we were 3-0 down. In fact Gigg is getting a reputation as one of the best grounds for atmosphere in the league.

Anyway talking of away games, City in 98 was special. Bolton at burnden when we wacked em 3-1 was electric too, doubt Rochdale will ever come close to that.

More recently.. Hard to look past this..

[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 1:22]

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/statement-away-fan-relocation-2938410.aspx

Mong
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024