Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly's View! 18:28 - Feb 6 with 5188 viewsroccydaleian

https://audioboom.com/boos/4153318-we-were-very-charitable-today-says-rochdale-b
Hilly's View! on 22:21 - Feb 6 with 1863 viewsNewbury_Dale

Hilly's View! on 20:54 - Feb 6 by nordenblue

I think you'll find big Jims own form suffers playing next to him to be fair to,he's a far better footballer than Lancashire.

Better footballer or better defender ? I just want to see Mcnulty defend. He can't.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 22:21]
Hilly's View! on 22:42 - Feb 6 with 1791 viewsnordenblue

Hilly's View! on 22:21 - Feb 6 by Newbury_Dale

Better footballer or better defender ? I just want to see Mcnulty defend. He can't.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 22:21]

He's too busy covering for everyone else and generally leaves himself looking exposed.
He doesn't know who's playing left back one week to the next,behind him a keeper who's very indecisive and his confidence is shot to bits.Added to this he's got a centre half next to him who'd be more use with his laces tied together.
Hilly's View! on 14:28 - Feb 7 with 1492 viewsDickydaler

Hilly's View! on 22:42 - Feb 6 by nordenblue

He's too busy covering for everyone else and generally leaves himself looking exposed.
He doesn't know who's playing left back one week to the next,behind him a keeper who's very indecisive and his confidence is shot to bits.Added to this he's got a centre half next to him who'd be more use with his laces tied together.

I feel that saying one centre back is worse than another a bit 'convenient'. It's very easy to say that McNulty is made to look bad by his partner; it looked the other way round on a couple of occasions yesterday. I'm not convinced by either of them at the moment.
After several weeks of watching and deliberating I think it is worth bringing Eastham back to partner McNulty and see what transpires over a few games.
I also don't think Lillis had a bad game yesterday; not brilliant but certainly not bad. He was very let down by the players in front of him.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 14:30]
Hilly's View! on 14:39 - Feb 7 with 1449 viewsnordenblue

Hilly's View! on 14:28 - Feb 7 by Dickydaler

I feel that saying one centre back is worse than another a bit 'convenient'. It's very easy to say that McNulty is made to look bad by his partner; it looked the other way round on a couple of occasions yesterday. I'm not convinced by either of them at the moment.
After several weeks of watching and deliberating I think it is worth bringing Eastham back to partner McNulty and see what transpires over a few games.
I also don't think Lillis had a bad game yesterday; not brilliant but certainly not bad. He was very let down by the players in front of him.

You could also say it's a bit convenient when the keeper has a bad game to blame the players in front of him though too...
Hilly's View! on 14:55 - Feb 7 with 1409 viewsDickydaler

Hilly's View! on 14:39 - Feb 7 by nordenblue

You could also say it's a bit convenient when the keeper has a bad game to blame the players in front of him though too...

Unfortunately for a goal keeper he is the last line of defence and quite often he receives the blame when quite often it is other players that have contributed to the problem.
Similarly, however much I like Hendo, he missed a couple of very good chances yesterday and if he had put them away confidence could have soared through the team and we could have been talking about a win and not a loss.
Hilly's View! on 15:02 - Feb 7 with 1392 viewsBrierls

Hilly's View! on 14:28 - Feb 7 by Dickydaler

It's not convenience, it's opinion. I agree with nordenblue. You could put Bobby Moore next to Lancashire, and even Moore's brilliance would be affected by wondering what the hell he's going to have to mop up next.

McNulty isn't a world beater, he's had a few shockers this season too, but he's twice the footballer and defender that Lancashire is.

Eastham can defend, get him in the side for a run of games alongside McNulty. Then we can make a proper judgement. In the same way that McNulty's game is affected by the hapless Lancashire, it would have been Eastham's game was massively improved by playing alongside O'Connell. We won't know till we see Eastham for a run of games.
Hilly's View! on 15:15 - Feb 7 with 1364 views1mark1

Hilly's View! on 21:32 - Feb 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

The fans have been begging for Eastham to be given at least a chance......and what about Lewis Alexandra.......the Forgotten Men?

We need a GOALSCORER and at least ONE decent Centre Half.......we need look no further than our squad for starters?

The problems needed acknowledging months ago.....not now.

KH is unlikely to listen to the fans, unless there are any who have their heads up his backside who agree with the majority view on here that AE and LA would be a better option to at least give a chance over a few games.

It of course could be argued that it's his job and that of his staff to decide the teams, so why should he listen to us people who after all know nothing about football according to those who have all of the coaching badges and the ones who believe everything they say. After all, KH is the one whose reputation and ultimately job relies heavily on the results that occur on the pitch, and the success in the transfer market to keep the club going financially.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Hilly's View! on 16:07 - Feb 7 with 1275 viewsNafelad

Two opinions on yesterday's performance:

The weakness was in central defence - not in the fullbacks' areas of the pitch, and Lillis cannot be blamed for either of the goals.

Henderson and Camps were guilty of missing the best, relatively easiest opportunities to score.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 16:25]

Topcat

Login to get fewer ads

Hilly's View! on 09:20 - Feb 9 with 918 viewsParkinsGimp

Hilly's View! on 20:54 - Feb 6 by nordenblue

I think you'll find big Jims own form suffers playing next to him to be fair to,he's a far better footballer than Lancashire.

They are both S"ITE . But we are stuck so pick best two out of three...mmmm not great is it.
Hilly's View! on 11:53 - Feb 9 with 836 viewsD_Alien

Hilly's View! on 09:20 - Feb 9 by ParkinsGimp

They are both S"ITE . But we are stuck so pick best two out of three...mmmm not great is it.

The word is SHITE ParkinsGimp

Stop mincing about

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly's View! on 15:29 - Feb 9 with 718 viewsnordenblue

Hilly's View! on 09:20 - Feb 9 by ParkinsGimp

How can a player who's played well at a higher level be Shite for the league below,common sense tells even you that can't be correct?He may well have had a dip in form granted but Vincent Kompany would look dog shit playing next to Lancashire.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024