Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly's View! 18:28 - Feb 6 with 5189 viewsroccydaleian

https://audioboom.com/boos/4153318-we-were-very-charitable-today-says-rochdale-b
Hilly's View! on 19:13 - Feb 6 with 3174 viewsD_Alien

Have to say, he's saying what we're saying (without naming names) but I'm still wondering why it's taken him so long to work out.

So, I'm expecting Eastham back next week.

His point about this being the first really inconsistent spell whilst managing Dale - and that he's got to find a way to address it - shows how much of a learning curve he's still on. I think many of us have taken for granted the brilliance he's shown in developing one squad after another over the course of 6 or 7 years in total. Showing the merest touch of humility in the interview - as opposed to lashing out at fans, officials or finances - will do him no harm whatsoever.

[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 19:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly's View! on 19:14 - Feb 6 with 3161 viewsboromat

He's got it pretty spot on to be fair. Next match will be interesting to see who starts.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hilly's View! on 19:27 - Feb 6 with 3099 views1907

Interesting he uses the term "weak". Ollie Lancashire is the definition of weak.
Hilly's View! on 19:37 - Feb 6 with 3043 viewshxdale

So where is Keith going to start? Lillis maybe.. will he drop lancs? Very much doubt it...
Hilly's View! on 19:37 - Feb 6 with 3037 viewsfirgrovedale51

Hilly's View! on 19:13 - Feb 6 by D_Alien

Have to say, he's saying what we're saying (without naming names) but I'm still wondering why it's taken him so long to work out.

So, I'm expecting Eastham back next week.

His point about this being the first really inconsistent spell whilst managing Dale - and that he's got to find a way to address it - shows how much of a learning curve he's still on. I think many of us have taken for granted the brilliance he's shown in developing one squad after another over the course of 6 or 7 years in total. Showing the merest touch of humility in the interview - as opposed to lashing out at fans, officials or finances - will do him no harm whatsoever.

[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 19:14]

Agree entirely although the second goal was not a mistake by the defence it was Vincenti giving the ball away .

I thought Rafferty had a good game today
Hilly's View! on 20:12 - Feb 6 with 2917 views442Dale

Possibly one of Hill's best interviews ever. He's spot on throughout and it's great to hear an analysis of the game and the team without the need to mention anything else. Some point to managers talking about other things to reduce the pressure on the players, but this interview illustrates how unnecessary such nonsense is. A full, frank opinion that is very fair and doesn't leave players feeling under any pressure either.

It helped that the person interviewing him was prepared to challenge in a friendly and informative way too. His thoughts prompted responses from Hill, so credit to whoever it was (anyone know?). It's really not very hard is it?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 20:14]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly's View! on 20:29 - Feb 6 with 2840 viewsroccydaleian

Hilly's View! on 20:12 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

Possibly one of Hill's best interviews ever. He's spot on throughout and it's great to hear an analysis of the game and the team without the need to mention anything else. Some point to managers talking about other things to reduce the pressure on the players, but this interview illustrates how unnecessary such nonsense is. A full, frank opinion that is very fair and doesn't leave players feeling under any pressure either.

It helped that the person interviewing him was prepared to challenge in a friendly and informative way too. His thoughts prompted responses from Hill, so credit to whoever it was (anyone know?). It's really not very hard is it?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 20:14]

Sounds like it was this chap.
Hilly's View! on 20:30 - Feb 6 with 2835 viewsNewbury_Dale

Why is all the focus on Lancashire? McNulty is worse for me. Totally paceless and error prone.
Login to get fewer ads

Hilly's View! on 20:39 - Feb 6 with 2792 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 20:29 - Feb 6 by roccydaleian

Sounds like it was this chap.

Not heard of him before, but whoever it was it was much better than you usually hear from GMR (the likes of Cheeseman/Wagg) or anyone else who interviews Hill for that matter.

Is it really that difficult to find a way of challenging a manager during an interview? No.

Hilly's View! on 20:43 - Feb 6 with 2757 viewsfitzochris

It was a good interview from Hill but I don't think he was particularly challenged. He seemed to volunteer an honest response.

For someone who wasn't at the game, this is the kind of interview I want to hear. I want to hear his thoughts on why we lost, not conspiracy theories or external blame.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hilly's View! on 20:45 - Feb 6 with 2743 viewsmacro

I wonder when the loan window opens if a new keeper will appear as well.

Today summed Dale up this season, frustratingly inconsistent. Mistakes costly and too much charity from the forwards. As for Peter Vincenti at the moment, he’s playing appallingly.
Hilly's View! on 20:45 - Feb 6 with 2742 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly's View! on 20:39 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

Not heard of him before, but whoever it was it was much better than you usually hear from GMR (the likes of Cheeseman/Wagg) or anyone else who interviews Hill for that matter.

Is it really that difficult to find a way of challenging a manager during an interview? No.

I wondered who was doing the commentary with Steve Eyre. He was very good.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly's View! on 20:54 - Feb 6 with 2714 viewsnordenblue

Hilly's View! on 20:30 - Feb 6 by Newbury_Dale

Why is all the focus on Lancashire? McNulty is worse for me. Totally paceless and error prone.

I think you'll find big Jims own form suffers playing next to him to be fair to,he's a far better footballer than Lancashire.
Hilly's View! on 20:56 - Feb 6 with 2705 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 20:43 - Feb 6 by fitzochris

It was a good interview from Hill but I don't think he was particularly challenged. He seemed to volunteer an honest response.

For someone who wasn't at the game, this is the kind of interview I want to hear. I want to hear his thoughts on why we lost, not conspiracy theories or external blame.

Really? I thought the challenging came in the form of putting situations to Hill that he then went on to comment about, eg. Individuals making mistakes.

Hilly's View! on 21:01 - Feb 6 with 2673 viewsfitzochris

Hilly's View! on 20:56 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

Really? I thought the challenging came in the form of putting situations to Hill that he then went on to comment about, eg. Individuals making mistakes.

Not really. Most of the questions are repetitions of things Hilly has already said phrased as questions. The confidence thing etc. Hardly Paxman.

Not having a go at the guy at all, it just felt like Hilly was going to say what he said regardless.

Hilly's View! on 21:02 - Feb 6 with 2664 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 21:01 - Feb 6 by fitzochris

Not really. Most of the questions are repetitions of things Hilly has already said phrased as questions. The confidence thing etc. Hardly Paxman.

Not having a go at the guy at all, it just felt like Hilly was going to say what he said regardless.

Fair enough, but he got more out of the interview than we normally hear.

Hilly's View! on 21:04 - Feb 6 with 2651 viewsfitzochris

Hilly's View! on 21:02 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

Fair enough, but he got more out of the interview than we normally hear.

Indeed. I only wish we got that every time.

Hilly's View! on 21:06 - Feb 6 with 2631 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hilly's View! on 19:37 - Feb 6 by hxdale

So where is Keith going to start? Lillis maybe.. will he drop lancs? Very much doubt it...

He will expect us to have forgotten what happened today by the time he turns out a team next week........we all know who are the carthorses but they always appear at the starting line each race.
Hilly's View! on 21:08 - Feb 6 with 2617 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 21:06 - Feb 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

He will expect us to have forgotten what happened today by the time he turns out a team next week........we all know who are the carthorses but they always appear at the starting line each race.

That's a bit unfair. Listen to the interview, he acknowledges the problem.

Yes, we might want it to have been addressed earlier, but the past is gone. Deal with what's now.

Hilly's View! on 21:21 - Feb 6 with 2585 viewsnordenblue

Hilly's View! on 21:08 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

Yes, we might want it to have been addressed earlier, but the past is gone. Deal with what's now.

To be fair 442 he's acknowledged we can't defend set pieces and we keep making individual errors,and he's not addressed that one bit,it's no use simply highlighting the problem,the proof is(isnt) on the pitch.
Hilly's View! on 21:26 - Feb 6 with 2548 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 21:21 - Feb 6 by nordenblue

To be fair 442 he's acknowledged we can't defend set pieces and we keep making individual errors,and he's not addressed that one bit,it's no use simply highlighting the problem,the proof is(isnt) on the pitch.

No, I see the point but it was saying the same players will appear next week and we'll be expected to forget it. Let's wait and see.

Hilly's View! on 21:32 - Feb 6 with 2519 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hilly's View! on 21:08 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

The fans have been begging for Eastham to be given at least a chance......and what about Lewis Alexandra.......the Forgotten Men?

We need a GOALSCORER and at least ONE decent Centre Half.......we need look no further than our squad for starters?

The problems needed acknowledging months ago.....not now.
Hilly's View! on 21:34 - Feb 6 with 2506 viewsD_Alien

Hilly talks about players being able to hide a lack of confidence, i.e. in training

Two things:

1) If he's noticed it, it's not hidden

2) The same applies to managers

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly's View! on 21:38 - Feb 6 with 2495 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 21:32 - Feb 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

The fans have been begging for Eastham to be given at least a chance......and what about Lewis Alexandra.......the Forgotten Men?

We need a GOALSCORER and at least ONE decent Centre Half.......we need look no further than our squad for starters?

The problems needed acknowledging months ago.....not now.

And yes, you won't hear any arguments about that but the manager deserves credit for coming out and recognising the issues about today's game with no added CHAOS. He's been brutally honest about the 90 minutes we witnessed and sometimes that all we want.

It's not a time for point scoring when you realise that his comments confirm what some fans have said about individual players previously, because more often than not Hill gets it right anyway. you can't affect the past, looking forward right now is all that matters.

Hilly's View! on 21:39 - Feb 6 with 2480 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 21:34 - Feb 6 by D_Alien

Hilly talks about players being able to hide a lack of confidence, i.e. in training

Two things:

1) If he's noticed it, it's not hidden

2) The same applies to managers

Excellent post.

3) I use too many words

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024