Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigans pitch 12:52 - Feb 9 with 2474 viewsdingdangblue

Guess when moneys no option they might as well.

http://mobile.wiganlatics.co.uk//news/article/dw-stadium-pitch-surface-before-ol

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wigans pitch on 13:34 - Feb 9 with 2378 viewspioneer

What is the arrangement there? Do Latics own the stadium and have warriors as tenants?
Wigans pitch on 13:41 - Feb 9 with 2352 viewsrobbowood

I think Wigan FC still have a parachute payment of 8 million pounds to come for when they were in the Premiership
Wigans pitch on 13:43 - Feb 9 with 2350 viewshull_dale19

I think the stadium is owned by the football club but I'm not 100%

I'm a season ticket holder for Wigan Warriors and the pitch did look absolutely shocking after the game on Friday.

I came away thinking "what on earth is it going to be like when Dale play on it in 7 weeks time?!"
Wigans pitch on 13:52 - Feb 9 with 2321 viewsdingdangblue

Wigans pitch on 13:43 - Feb 9 by hull_dale19

I'm a season ticket holder for Wigan Warriors and the pitch did look absolutely shocking after the game on Friday.

I came away thinking "what on earth is it going to be like when Dale play on it in 7 weeks time?!"

Surely DW Stadium gives it away who owns it? Dont know the arrangement's now though? Whether he charges rent or what?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Wigans pitch on 14:37 - Feb 9 with 2237 viewsrobertwafc

Wigans pitch on 13:43 - Feb 9 by hull_dale19

When we play you on Easter Monday the Warriors are scheduled to play on the same day word in Wigan is our kick off will be midday
Wigans pitch on 14:59 - Feb 9 with 2205 viewsSalwaDale

Wigans pitch on 13:34 - Feb 9 by pioneer

What is the arrangement there? Do Latics own the stadium and have warriors as tenants?

Yes, although I do think it is a guaranteed lease for as long as the clubs exist. I think that was part of the contract when Dave Whelan sold the Warriors to Ian Lenagan (who is oddly chairman at Oxford I think).

TBBT

Wigans pitch on 15:08 - Feb 9 with 2177 viewsnordenblue

Wigans pitch on 13:52 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

Surely DW Stadium gives it away who owns it? Dont know the arrangement's now though? Whether he charges rent or what?

Isn't DW just the sponsor for the stadium not the landlord like Macron,Sports Direct etc
Wigans pitch on 15:09 - Feb 9 with 2171 viewsdingdangblue

Wigans pitch on 15:08 - Feb 9 by nordenblue

Isn't DW just the sponsor for the stadium not the landlord like Macron,Sports Direct etc

Dave Whelan?

Login to get fewer ads

Wigans pitch on 15:17 - Feb 9 with 2154 viewsnordenblue

Wigans pitch on 15:09 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

Dave Whelan?

It's also a retail and sports brand just like Macron, Sports Direct etc.
When Whelan stepped down as chairman he gave the ground to the football club and kept the COMPANY name used for the ground
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 15:21]
Wigans pitch on 15:43 - Feb 9 with 2104 viewsdingdangblue

Wigans pitch on 15:17 - Feb 9 by nordenblue

It's also a retail and sports brand just like Macron, Sports Direct etc.
When Whelan stepped down as chairman he gave the ground to the football club and kept the COMPANY name used for the ground
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 15:21]

I know he stepped down as chairman but I still think he owns DW Sports and the stadium and the football club.

Wigans pitch on 16:12 - Feb 9 with 2037 viewsnordenblue

Wigans pitch on 15:43 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

I know he stepped down as chairman but I still think he owns DW Sports and the stadium and the football club.

In the process, Whelan used the business to set up a new venture, DWSportsfitness and announced that the stadium name would change to the DW Stadium in August. Whelan also announced that at the same time the stadium was renamed, its ownership would pass from himself to Wigan Athletic.
Wigans pitch on 16:21 - Feb 9 with 2018 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wigans pitch on 16:12 - Feb 9 by nordenblue

In the process, Whelan used the business to set up a new venture, DWSportsfitness and announced that the stadium name would change to the DW Stadium in August. Whelan also announced that at the same time the stadium was renamed, its ownership would pass from himself to Wigan Athletic.

Did he mention the broken leg?
Wigans pitch on 17:51 - Feb 9 with 1903 viewsdingdangblue

Wigans pitch on 16:12 - Feb 9 by nordenblue

Right, I was just going of this on the Wigan site.

-Dave Whelan steps down after 20 years as Chairman of Wigan Athletic.
-Dave Whelan to remain as owner of Wigan Athletic but to no longer be involved in the running of the club.
-Dave Whelan’s grandson David Sharpe to take over as Chairman of Wigan Athletic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024