Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highlights 21:07 - Feb 13 with 3775 views442Dale

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/101

Definitely onside.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Highlights on 21:10 - Feb 13 with 2639 viewsfitzochris

Looks on to me, too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Highlights on 21:11 - Feb 13 with 2633 views442Dale

Highlights on 21:10 - Feb 13 by fitzochris

Looks on to me, too.

Yep, pause it and he clearly is.

Highlights on 21:13 - Feb 13 with 2606 viewsfitzochris

Highlights on 21:11 - Feb 13 by 442Dale

Yep, pause it and he clearly is.

Aye he is.

Hah. My mates were adamant he was off. They were sat in that stand, too.

Highlights on 21:49 - Feb 13 with 2498 viewsfirgrovedale51

Highlights on 21:13 - Feb 13 by fitzochris

Aye he is.

Looks off to me will have a look on the bigger screen tomorrow
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 21:51]
Highlights on 21:58 - Feb 13 with 2444 viewsfitzochris

Highlights on 21:49 - Feb 13 by firgrovedale51

Looks off to me will have a look on the bigger screen tomorrow
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 21:51]

When the ball is played, McNulty, who is on his arse, is definitely playing him on.

Highlights on 22:01 - Feb 13 with 2432 views442Dale

Highlights on 21:58 - Feb 13 by fitzochris

When the ball is played, McNulty, who is on his arse, is definitely playing him on.

So is Lillis. Also he's pretty level with Lancashire too.

So just the four playing him on...

Highlights on 22:03 - Feb 13 with 2414 viewsfitzochris

Highlights on 22:01 - Feb 13 by 442Dale

Yeah, sorry, I was making the point that McNulty is quite obviously ahead of Gregory.

Highlights on 22:07 - Feb 13 with 2405 viewsD_Alien

Highlights on 22:01 - Feb 13 by 442Dale

Can understand why a few of our defenders, Lillis included, made such a fuss with the linesman. If I were a defender I'd be really embarrassed with the way the ball hadn't been cleared and found it's way to a forward for a simple shot, as if to say he MUST have been offside for it to be that easy.

It was one of those where the lino looked absolutely sure though, and he was right.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Highlights on 10:04 - Feb 14 with 2058 viewsTVOS1907

Highlights on 21:13 - Feb 13 by fitzochris

Aye he is.

But therein lies the problem. It's nigh on impossible to judge offsides unless you're in line with the incident. How people sat or stood behind the goal or sat near the halfway can be so adamant that the linesman was wrong is beyond me.

There were so many bodies in and around the six yard area that you would need some sort of 3D viewing system in your head to form a valid opinion.

Of course, it wouldn't have been an issue had we defended the situation properly...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Highlights on 10:09 - Feb 14 with 2046 viewsfitzochris

Highlights on 10:04 - Feb 14 by TVOS1907

But therein lies the problem. It's nigh on impossible to judge offsides unless you're in line with the incident. How people sat or stood behind the goal or sat near the halfway can be so adamant that the linesman was wrong is beyond me.

There were so many bodies in and around the six yard area that you would need some sort of 3D viewing system in your head to form a valid opinion.

Of course, it wouldn't have been an issue had we defended the situation properly...

That's true. Many a time I've been sat in that exact stand, firm in the belief goals have been offside, only to see later they weren't. The Pearl Street doesn't offer the best perspective, even when an infringement looks blatant at the time.

The club's press team, which, I assume, sits in the main stand, also seemed convinced it was offside.

Just shows you have to trust the linesmen.

As for the defending, starting with the lunge outside the box, less said about that, the better.

Highlights on 10:14 - Feb 14 with 2030 views442Dale

Highlights on 10:04 - Feb 14 by TVOS1907

The mass hysteria around the goal was really quite amusing. People stood up losing their temper from 50/60 yards away never makes much sense but it's entertaining!

Still can't believe the ref was booed for producing Henderson's yellow card.

Highlights on 10:17 - Feb 14 with 2022 viewsTVOS1907

Highlights on 10:14 - Feb 14 by 442Dale

The mass hysteria around the goal was really quite amusing. People stood up losing their temper from 50/60 yards away never makes much sense but it's entertaining!

Still can't believe the ref was booed for producing Henderson's yellow card.

Was that in the incident Henderson started when he kicked Webster (?) for absolutely no reason, thereby starting that melee?

Highlights on 10:19 - Feb 14 with 2012 views442Dale

Highlights on 10:17 - Feb 14 by TVOS1907

Was that in the incident Henderson started when he kicked Webster (?) for absolutely no reason, thereby starting that melee?

Yes. An action where red cards have been given in the past when spotted by the ref. Luckily he didn't.

I booed him for missing it. Rubbish officiating.

Highlights on 12:24 - Feb 14 with 1892 views1mark1

Has there been any replay of the Henderson penalty appeal? That seams to be questionable whether the wrong decision was made or not. It seams that the ref might have been good after all and in fact done Dale a favour by missing Henderson kicking out at their player, yet there were some who used the ref's failures as an excuse for our defeat.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Highlights on 14:59 - Feb 14 with 1710 viewsdingdangblue

Highlights on 12:24 - Feb 14 by 1mark1

Has there been any replay of the Henderson penalty appeal? That seams to be questionable whether the wrong decision was made or not. It seams that the ref might have been good after all and in fact done Dale a favour by missing Henderson kicking out at their player, yet there were some who used the ref's failures as an excuse for our defeat.

Did Henderson kick out at their player? They were running and Henderson caught his leg which tripped him up? I dont remember Henderson squaring upto their defender when he was similarly tripped up in the box? Without seeing a replay of both incidents people are quick to judge.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Highlights on 15:08 - Feb 14 with 1690 viewszxcvbnm

From where I sit I had a good view of the Henderson incident. Hendo kicked him deliberately it was an action which could quite easily have caused him to be sent off. Sometimes you need that little bit of nastiness but that could have been costly.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Highlights on 15:10 - Feb 14 with 1687 viewsTVOS1907

Highlights on 14:59 - Feb 14 by dingdangblue

Did Henderson kick out at their player? They were running and Henderson caught his leg which tripped him up? I dont remember Henderson squaring upto their defender when he was similarly tripped up in the box? Without seeing a replay of both incidents people are quick to judge.

Henderson definitely aimed a deliberate kick at Webster in that second half incident. It then escalated into handbags, with even Bunney getting involved.

It's an unfortunate trait that creeps into Henderson's game every now and then.

Highlights on 15:11 - Feb 14 with 1682 views1mark1

I don't know if Hendo did do anything wrong, just going off what has been said on here, sorry not to make that point clear.

Point I am trying to make, is that some Dale fans put our defeats down to refs and their assistants rather than our own performance and or tactics. When incidents happen at the time we are all guilty of appealing for or against decisions made, but probably more often than not the official has got the decision correct, despite our Dale coloured viewpoint of the incident. However, luckily most of us then don't blame failures to win a game on the officials.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Highlights on 15:12 - Feb 14 with 1681 views442Dale

He kicked him.

I don't need a replay to confirm it.

Highlights on 15:24 - Feb 14 with 1656 viewsTVOS1907

Highlights on 15:08 - Feb 14 by zxcvbnm

From where I sit I had a good view of the Henderson incident. Hendo kicked him deliberately it was an action which could quite easily have caused him to be sent off. Sometimes you need that little bit of nastiness but that could have been costly.

Sounds like you had similar perspective to 442.

Highlights on 15:25 - Feb 14 with 1653 viewsdawlishdale

No need for a replay...Hendo would have seen Red if the ref had seen it. Deliberate kick out with the ball nowhere near. Not the first time he's done it either.
Highlights on 15:46 - Feb 14 with 1621 viewsTalkingSutty

Highlights on 15:10 - Feb 14 by TVOS1907

Henderson definitely aimed a deliberate kick at Webster in that second half incident. It then escalated into handbags, with even Bunney getting involved.

Agree with that, good player but he does have a petulant side. His sending off at Gigg Lane was a good example, his second yellow was just a needless foul. I was a big fan of Bobby Grant and Hendo reminds me of him on occasions. Maybe it's what makes them tick.
Highlights on 17:16 - Feb 14 with 1503 viewstony_roch975

Highlights on 15:10 - Feb 14 by TVOS1907

Henderson may have that trait but Player highlights confirm my (Main Stand in-line) view of a very different story yesterday - their defender (15 Nelson) blocks off Henderson using an arm across his face with the ball 20 yards away and then trips over Henderson's legs. (Off screen) he gets up, chases after Henderson and (on screen) confronts Henderson with a headbut. Arguably an automatic red card & another example of the ref being miles away from play as he was throughout the game. Bigger issue is the non-awarded penalty which changed the game but isn't screened - why not? Yes we played a less adventurous style yesterday but the stats don't lie - we had more on target shots than Millwall ( 1 cleared off the line), deserved a draw and with the penalty lead could well have won.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Highlights on 17:27 - Feb 14 with 1488 viewsTVOS1907

Highlights on 17:16 - Feb 14 by tony_roch975

Henderson may have that trait but Player highlights confirm my (Main Stand in-line) view of a very different story yesterday - their defender (15 Nelson) blocks off Henderson using an arm across his face with the ball 20 yards away and then trips over Henderson's legs. (Off screen) he gets up, chases after Henderson and (on screen) confronts Henderson with a headbut. Arguably an automatic red card & another example of the ref being miles away from play as he was throughout the game. Bigger issue is the non-awarded penalty which changed the game but isn't screened - why not? Yes we played a less adventurous style yesterday but the stats don't lie - we had more on target shots than Millwall ( 1 cleared off the line), deserved a draw and with the penalty lead could well have won.

Not having access to DalePlayer, I haven't seen any footage, but I know what I saw at the time.

Granted, different parts of the ground give different views of incidents, meaning there will always be various opinions expressed.

I think 442 sits in line with where the incident happened, so maybe he can give more details.

Highlights on 17:33 - Feb 14 with 1466 views442Dale

Highlights on 17:27 - Feb 14 by TVOS1907

Not having access to DalePlayer, I haven't seen any footage, but I know what I saw at the time.

Granted, different parts of the ground give different views of incidents, meaning there will always be various opinions expressed.

I think 442 sits in line with where the incident happened, so maybe he can give more details.

I know what I saw at the time too. Their player reacted like an idiot, but it wasn't because he felt he'd tripped over Henderson's legs.

But no, I haven't seen the highlights.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024