Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson 14:08 - Mar 28 with 34565 viewselectricblue

Becoming a liability no matter how talented he is........
Pearce should have gone for the tackle but you cant retaliate like hendo did.....
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 14:09]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Henderson on 21:05 - Mar 28 with 2849 viewssweetcorn

Henderson on 17:36 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

He's been a fine player for Dale in the past, but what's he actually done this season other than score a couple of penalties (and miss one in the last minute at Fleetwood), and pick up probably the highest player's wage in the club?

For me, he's just coasting and if I was being cynical I'd say he's looking for an early end to the season for himself and his business interests.

Erm, hes our top scorer.

Some of the comments on here are laughable and people are putting words his mouth and making throw away comments and acting like they're fact. "he thinks he's bigger than the club" based on what? Because hes been sent off for reacting? Yes he was an idiot for getting sent off but that's just a ridiculous comment, especially when 3 months ago he signed a contract stating he wants to end his career at rochdale and how much he loves the club.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Henderson on 21:05 - Mar 28 with 2854 viewsdalefan

Henderson on 21:05 - Mar 28 by sweetcorn

Erm, hes our top scorer.

Some of the comments on here are laughable and people are putting words his mouth and making throw away comments and acting like they're fact. "he thinks he's bigger than the club" based on what? Because hes been sent off for reacting? Yes he was an idiot for getting sent off but that's just a ridiculous comment, especially when 3 months ago he signed a contract stating he wants to end his career at rochdale and how much he loves the club.

Completely agree
Henderson on 21:43 - Mar 28 with 2764 viewsfinberty

Henderson on 21:05 - Mar 28 by dalefan

Completely agree

I agree too.

There are some completely reactionary comments on here, condemning Henderson for - erm - reacting.

Quite ironic really.

The fact that the Wigan player attempted to impose himself physically and quite brutally (watch the follow-through prior to Henderson bring his legs together - legs which were not, fortuitously, broken) triggered a reaction in Henderson that some see as unforgivable, but which I see as quite restrained - the Wigan player deserved to be flattened but Hendo did nothing of the kind.

As for people saying we can do without him....who has got most of the goals, soaks up more than his share of punishment and leads from the front?

Talk about the fickleness of football fans. Cut the guy some slack.
Henderson on 21:58 - Mar 28 with 2738 viewsD_Alien

Henderson on 21:05 - Mar 28 by sweetcorn

Erm, hes our top scorer.

He can say what he likes; some people seem to be impressed by his words.

I'm more inclined to look at his actions. He's a leading scorer because he's been taking penalties.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 21:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson on 22:58 - Mar 28 with 2609 viewssweetcorn

Henderson on 21:58 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

He can say what he likes; some people seem to be impressed by his words.

I'm more inclined to look at his actions. He's a leading scorer because he's been taking penalties.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 21:59]

First of all you have to score penalties still, not everyone is a penalty taker.

Secondly he'd still be second top scorer without the penalties, so you're right, he's done nothing this season.

Henderson on 23:01 - Mar 28 with 2597 viewsD_Alien

Henderson on 22:58 - Mar 28 by sweetcorn

First of all you have to score penalties still, not everyone is a penalty taker.

Secondly he'd still be second top scorer without the penalties, so you're right, he's done nothing this season.

I didn't say he's done nothing, I said he's not produced genius in 30-40 games. At least try to answer the points I make, not the one's you think I've made.

And it's that type of rose-tinted perspective that makes people defend the indefensible.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 23:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson on 23:21 - Mar 28 with 2527 viewsNafelad

Just watched very clear view of Henderson incident on Goal Rush: Pearce should have had red card for the tackle, Henderson should have got yellow for 'holding' Pearce's leg with his own legs. Pearce went to ground because he was trying to run away quickly, but his leg was stuck so he went to ground dramatically. He admitted, when interviewed at the end of the game, that he wanted to get away quickly, fearing the worst as a result of his tackle.

Topcat

Henderson on 23:44 - Mar 28 with 2473 viewsfirgrovedale51

If the refferee had stopped the game to give Perkins a second yellow card (or even a straight red)for his tackle on Rafferty it would not have happened
Login to get fewer ads

Henderson on 00:02 - Mar 29 with 2440 viewsAtThePeake

Henderson on 23:44 - Mar 28 by firgrovedale51

If the refferee had stopped the game to give Perkins a second yellow card (or even a straight red)for his tackle on Rafferty it would not have happened

This.

Then 5 minutes later Perkins started moaning at the ref for a decision that occurred in our penalty box and was still moaning at him by the time they got back to the centre circle for the goal kick that was given.

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson on 01:39 - Mar 29 with 2346 viewsdownunder

These threads to me, sum up a lot of what is bad about football.
What Henderson did was petulant, but not dangerous. What Pearce did, was more likely to be dangerous.
If Henderson had rolled around as if injured ( feigned injury/cheated), the outcome would likely be in Dale's favour. He did not, he acted like, I guess, most of us would have reacted if hard done by...instant reaction and then a pause. (The real "headcases" would have got up and continued kicking). So the debate becomes about his professionalism.
If he was professional, he should have cheated?
Henderson on 05:16 - Mar 29 with 2310 viewsDiddyDave

Henderson on 01:39 - Mar 29 by downunder

These threads to me, sum up a lot of what is bad about football.
What Henderson did was petulant, but not dangerous. What Pearce did, was more likely to be dangerous.
If Henderson had rolled around as if injured ( feigned injury/cheated), the outcome would likely be in Dale's favour. He did not, he acted like, I guess, most of us would have reacted if hard done by...instant reaction and then a pause. (The real "headcases" would have got up and continued kicking). So the debate becomes about his professionalism.
If he was professional, he should have cheated?

Good post,we all know retaliation is always deemed worse than the original offence,but having seen the incident,in my opinion,both players should have walked,obviously for different reasons. Beckham did the same against the Argies a few years back,never made contact,but the intent was there and in the cauldron of the World Cup,the ref had no option but to send him off and Beckham knew he`d cocked up. Maybe having the captain`s armband has Henderson thinking all the wrong things,so he makes stupid off the cuff decisions that he wouldn`t normally make. it`s a pity the way Dale are playing that he`s stuffed up twice in consecutive games,so lets hope the players just take it all on the chin and keep going to the end of the season in their current good form.
Henderson on 06:57 - Mar 29 with 2267 viewssweetcorn

Henderson on 23:01 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

I didn't say he's done nothing, I said he's not produced genius in 30-40 games. At least try to answer the points I make, not the one's you think I've made.

And it's that type of rose-tinted perspective that makes people defend the indefensible.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 23:02]

"But whats he actually done this season other than score a couple of penalties"

That sounds more like a suggestion he hasn't done anything than "he hasnt produced the genuis for 30-40 games"

Henderson on 08:05 - Mar 29 with 2206 viewsKenBoon

Retaliation/Reacting isn't a red card offence and never has been. Violent conduct is a Red card offence. If the referee chooses to determine what Henderson did as violent conduct - taking a very strict line imho - then it is almost unbelievable that a same strict attitude didn't lead to a Red for their guy. I can only assume that the referee let the fourth official make the decision for him. I agree about Perkins too. He was late on the player, the ball had long gone. It was a foul and a second yellow card all day long.
Henderson on 08:13 - Mar 29 with 2194 viewsDiddyDave

Well,kicking out is violent conduct isn`t it?
Henderson on 08:27 - Mar 29 with 2173 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson on 08:13 - Mar 29 by DiddyDave

So Pearce should have seen red?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Henderson on 08:28 - Mar 29 with 2173 viewsnordenblue

To some people on here obviously not!There's a few laws the ref could have applied some of which involve a straight red it's that simple.
Word it how you like the refs well within the laws to issue a straight red
Henderson on 08:52 - Mar 29 with 2125 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 08:28 - Mar 29 by nordenblue

To some people on here obviously not!There's a few laws the ref could have applied some of which involve a straight red it's that simple.
Word it how you like the refs well within the laws to issue a straight red

There could easily have been 3 red cards in that particular passage of play. Perkins should have seen red for his late challenge from behind. The tackle on Henderson was one maybe worthy of a straight red and Hendos reaction also gave the referee an opportunity to send him off.

Hendersons stupidity has been done to death but in the cold light of day we still shouldn't have been hindered by having one less player on the pitch. Perkins was the nailed on sending off and I don't think he was even spoken too. He did a good job of constantly getting into the referees ear and attempting to run the game, having said that I thought he was the best player on the pitch.
Henderson on 09:33 - Mar 29 with 2065 viewsNafelad

Henderson didn't 'kick-out' - he was not violent. He 'held' Pearce's leg in his own legs. Referee's decision was made with the help of 4th official - and Caldwell(?) Most referees seem to show more sympathy to the opposition players than Dale players (the 'underdogs') in these situations. If Hendo had made that tackle on Pearce, I'm sure he'd have got a straight red, and Pearce would have probably rolled around as if badly injured to make sure he did get a red. I don't think a Dale player would have 'got away' with the tackle Perkin's made, or been allowed to constantly complain to the referee. In most games, the referee seems to treat Dale players as 'the poor relations'.

Topcat

Henderson on 09:43 - Mar 29 with 2045 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 09:33 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

Henderson didn't 'kick-out' - he was not violent. He 'held' Pearce's leg in his own legs. Referee's decision was made with the help of 4th official - and Caldwell(?) Most referees seem to show more sympathy to the opposition players than Dale players (the 'underdogs') in these situations. If Hendo had made that tackle on Pearce, I'm sure he'd have got a straight red, and Pearce would have probably rolled around as if badly injured to make sure he did get a red. I don't think a Dale player would have 'got away' with the tackle Perkin's made, or been allowed to constantly complain to the referee. In most games, the referee seems to treat Dale players as 'the poor relations'.

That sounds like sour grapes, I don't we don't get treated differently, had quite a few penalties awarded over the season including the recent one at Oldham. If it's as cut and dried as some fans think then the Club will appeal the sending off. The footage is very clear.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 9:52]
Henderson on 09:55 - Mar 29 with 2005 viewsNafelad

Henderson on 09:43 - Mar 29 by TalkingSutty

That sounds like sour grapes, I don't we don't get treated differently, had quite a few penalties awarded over the season including the recent one at Oldham. If it's as cut and dried as some fans think then the Club will appeal the sending off. The footage is very clear.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 9:52]

I don't mind you calling it 'sour grapes', but my opinion about the Hendo incident, and referees, is shared by a number of other fellow supporters. We are always noticing how Dale players 'jump up' after bad tackles and try to get on with the game, when opposition players 'stay down' after a tackle, trying to draw a decision from the referee.

Topcat

Henderson on 10:18 - Mar 29 with 1946 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson on 09:55 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

I don't mind you calling it 'sour grapes', but my opinion about the Hendo incident, and referees, is shared by a number of other fellow supporters. We are always noticing how Dale players 'jump up' after bad tackles and try to get on with the game, when opposition players 'stay down' after a tackle, trying to draw a decision from the referee.

The thing is, in Hendo's position he is going to get kicked/tackled. Thats the job of most attacking players - defenders are the aggressor's - Hendo did his job perfect upto retaliating. He'd sucked Pearce into an awful challenge (possibly a red card had Hendo been clever and stayed down). Even if it hadn't been red - his opponent would have been at a disadvantage for the rest of the game not being able to challenge again. Instead he got himself sent off for reacting - very very stupid from a supposedly clever player.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Henderson on 10:39 - Mar 29 with 1892 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 10:18 - Mar 29 by dingdangblue

The thing is, in Hendo's position he is going to get kicked/tackled. Thats the job of most attacking players - defenders are the aggressor's - Hendo did his job perfect upto retaliating. He'd sucked Pearce into an awful challenge (possibly a red card had Hendo been clever and stayed down). Even if it hadn't been red - his opponent would have been at a disadvantage for the rest of the game not being able to challenge again. Instead he got himself sent off for reacting - very very stupid from a supposedly clever player.

Summed up perfectly.
Henderson on 10:56 - Mar 29 with 1837 viewsKenBoon

Yes, but he didn't. You can react to something without being violent or using foul and/or abusive language. Would it be a red card if you held someone down so they cannot restart the game quickly? I see that a lot and am yet to see someone be sent off for it. Is it a red card to 'square up' to someone after a foul? No. It's still reacting though.
Henderson on 11:14 - Mar 29 with 1787 viewsDaleiLama

I'm not a Hendo apologist, and nor was I at the game, but I was following the game on the BBC text service and this was the lead up to the incident.

26' Ian Henderson (Rochdale) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
29' Ian Henderson (Rochdale) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
32' Ian Henderson (Rochdale) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

I commented after the third free kick that maybe Wigan were getting after Hendo and trying to wind him up after Oldham? Then ......

33' Ian Henderson (Rochdale) is shown the red card for violent conduct.

Hendo has had to become much tougher and throw himself about more on the occasions he's been isolated up front this season against much bigger defenders. At the games I've been to both last and this season, I've noticed he almost always gets the first shove in when a ball's played up to him, often winds up his opponents and never backs down.

I'm really not sure if this latest "trend" is as a result of L1 opponents who have worked out his game and this is payback for the way he plays - live by the sword and die by the sword - or if Hendo has temporarily lost the plot.

On the incident itself, it was a soft thing to do and very much like the petulance Becks showed as another poster pointed out. It looked like he deliberately tripped Pearce and tried to make further contact but failed. It is what it is and the officials interpreted it how they did, but the red mist has to clear.

Hendo's form has certainly suffered this season, and maybe this has fed into his frustration too. I hope Hilly rests him for the rest of this campaign (unless we do manage to sneak into 6th place ...... then he has an even tougher decision to make). We need a more focussed and less desperate player back when he has got his head on straight again. If he is incapable of regaining his composure and form and setting a captain's example, we may not be seeing too many more games in a Dale shirt from him. It really shouldn't be beyond a man of his intelligence.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 12:07]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Henderson on 11:16 - Mar 29 with 1782 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson on 10:56 - Mar 29 by KenBoon

Yes, but he didn't. You can react to something without being violent or using foul and/or abusive language. Would it be a red card if you held someone down so they cannot restart the game quickly? I see that a lot and am yet to see someone be sent off for it. Is it a red card to 'square up' to someone after a foul? No. It's still reacting though.

On the Sky clip there is lots of aggression on Hendo's face when he retaliates to the initial challenge. At the end of the day its a very aggressive challenge by Pearce - is Henderson's reaction more aggressive - no I dont think so but for some reason in these cases the person who reacts is the one sent off and not the 1st aggressor. Pearce knew what he was doing - in the interview on GoalRush last night he was even laughing about it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024