Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson 14:08 - Mar 28 with 34625 viewselectricblue

Becoming a liability no matter how talented he is........
Pearce should have gone for the tackle but you cant retaliate like hendo did.....
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 14:09]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Henderson on 11:17 - Mar 29 with 2156 views49thseason

I still maintain that Henderson contributes moments of genius in most games he plays, either through is running off the ball , his activity in the penalty box, a pass or a tackle. Clearly, other teams have him marked out as a threat. Some, attempt to target him for "treatment"which usually only serves to make him more determined. As captain, he seems to have taken even more weight on his shoulders and his emotions are nearer the surface.
I thought the "tackle" or assault as it should probably be called was an immediate red card, if Henderson hadn't been in the way, Pearce would have missed the ball by a yard. To add insult to probable injury, Pearce then followed through and almost stamped on Henderson's wedding tackle. Little wonder there was a reaction - I think the ITV coverage called in wrong by describing it as kicking out- I don't see a kick, it's holding and a yellow at worst.

The reaction of Pearce and their manager tells you so much about the incident. They played for a reaction and got one. Had there been a bit of "previous" between Pearce and Henderson that the ref had let go? had the ref been told to watch out for Henderson? .. who knows, it makes little difference now, the damage is done but I guarantee Henderson will be the first name on the teamsheet as soon as he is available again.
Henderson on 11:20 - Mar 29 with 2146 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson on 11:17 - Mar 29 by 49thseason

I still maintain that Henderson contributes moments of genius in most games he plays, either through is running off the ball , his activity in the penalty box, a pass or a tackle. Clearly, other teams have him marked out as a threat. Some, attempt to target him for "treatment"which usually only serves to make him more determined. As captain, he seems to have taken even more weight on his shoulders and his emotions are nearer the surface.
I thought the "tackle" or assault as it should probably be called was an immediate red card, if Henderson hadn't been in the way, Pearce would have missed the ball by a yard. To add insult to probable injury, Pearce then followed through and almost stamped on Henderson's wedding tackle. Little wonder there was a reaction - I think the ITV coverage called in wrong by describing it as kicking out- I don't see a kick, it's holding and a yellow at worst.

The reaction of Pearce and their manager tells you so much about the incident. They played for a reaction and got one. Had there been a bit of "previous" between Pearce and Henderson that the ref had let go? had the ref been told to watch out for Henderson? .. who knows, it makes little difference now, the damage is done but I guarantee Henderson will be the first name on the teamsheet as soon as he is available again.

Lillis is the 1st name on the team sheet. Just sayin.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Henderson on 11:20 - Mar 29 with 2145 viewsWill_RAFC

He shouldn't have reacted to the challenge. He let his team mates and the fans down all so he could have a little dig at someone. He gets away with a lot to be honest, he kicks out at opponents off the ball in a lot of games.

Hendo should watch Holt play in his absense and learn how you can play with aggression within the rules.
Henderson on 11:21 - Mar 29 with 2139 viewssandy_dale

As a club captain you would at least expect some form of apology straight away. But instead we get his not so motivational retweets about "positive energy" doesn't look like he has much of that himself.
Henderson on 11:32 - Mar 29 with 2099 viewsDaleiLama

Henderson on 11:16 - Mar 29 by dingdangblue

On the Sky clip there is lots of aggression on Hendo's face when he retaliates to the initial challenge. At the end of the day its a very aggressive challenge by Pearce - is Henderson's reaction more aggressive - no I dont think so but for some reason in these cases the person who reacts is the one sent off and not the 1st aggressor. Pearce knew what he was doing - in the interview on GoalRush last night he was even laughing about it.

Spot on!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Henderson on 11:39 - Mar 29 with 2059 viewsnordenblue

Henderson on 10:56 - Mar 29 by KenBoon

Yes, but he didn't. You can react to something without being violent or using foul and/or abusive language. Would it be a red card if you held someone down so they cannot restart the game quickly? I see that a lot and am yet to see someone be sent off for it. Is it a red card to 'square up' to someone after a foul? No. It's still reacting though.

Hendo wasnt sent off purely because he reacted, it's the manner in which he reacted that got him the red card.

Any trip,kick,strike or push with excessive force constitutes serious foul play so that alone carries a straight red card regardless of what peoples description of violent might be
Henderson on 12:02 - Mar 29 with 2013 viewsD_Alien

Henderson on 09:33 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

Henderson didn't 'kick-out' - he was not violent. He 'held' Pearce's leg in his own legs. Referee's decision was made with the help of 4th official - and Caldwell(?) Most referees seem to show more sympathy to the opposition players than Dale players (the 'underdogs') in these situations. If Hendo had made that tackle on Pearce, I'm sure he'd have got a straight red, and Pearce would have probably rolled around as if badly injured to make sure he did get a red. I don't think a Dale player would have 'got away' with the tackle Perkin's made, or been allowed to constantly complain to the referee. In most games, the referee seems to treat Dale players as 'the poor relations'.

Rafferty was giving a talking to by the ref not much earlier after a tackle which could easily have produced a yellow. in the circumstances, I guess the ref was leaning towards trying to avoid using cards, until the Pearce/Hendo incident left him with no alternative.

So it's simply not true to say a Dale player wouldn't have got away with that tackle. It is, however, another perfect example of rose-tinted specs and unbalanced views about how referees perform.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson on 12:04 - Mar 29 with 2000 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 11:14 - Mar 29 by DaleiLama

I'm not a Hendo apologist, and nor was I at the game, but I was following the game on the BBC text service and this was the lead up to the incident.

26' Ian Henderson (Rochdale) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
29' Ian Henderson (Rochdale) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
32' Ian Henderson (Rochdale) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

I commented after the third free kick that maybe Wigan were getting after Hendo and trying to wind him up after Oldham? Then ......

33' Ian Henderson (Rochdale) is shown the red card for violent conduct.

Hendo has had to become much tougher and throw himself about more on the occasions he's been isolated up front this season against much bigger defenders. At the games I've been to both last and this season, I've noticed he almost always gets the first shove in when a ball's played up to him, often winds up his opponents and never backs down.

I'm really not sure if this latest "trend" is as a result of L1 opponents who have worked out his game and this is payback for the way he plays - live by the sword and die by the sword - or if Hendo has temporarily lost the plot.

On the incident itself, it was a soft thing to do and very much like the petulance Becks showed as another poster pointed out. It looked like he deliberately tripped Pearce and tried to make further contact but failed. It is what it is and the officials interpreted it how they did, but the red mist has to clear.

Hendo's form has certainly suffered this season, and maybe this has fed into his frustration too. I hope Hilly rests him for the rest of this campaign (unless we do manage to sneak into 6th place ...... then he has an even tougher decision to make). We need a more focussed and less desperate player back when he has got his head on straight again. If he is incapable of regaining his composure and form and setting a captain's example, we may not be seeing too many more games in a Dale shirt from him. It really shouldn't be beyond a man of his intelligence.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 12:07]

At the risk of upsetting some supporters would it be right to question how far the management team have gone out of their way to try to eliminate the petulant side of Hendersons game? Are the frightened of upsetting the guy?

Any supporter who hasnt seen this sort of situation arising eventually must have been watching games with their eyes closed.,its been a ticking time bomb.

Is that 5 times he's been sent off now? All of them for petulant,stupid,avoidable things.There comes a time when you have to ask who'se in charge,the monkey or the organ grinder? He should have been dragged over the coals after the red card at Oldham but i bet he wasnt.
Login to get fewer ads

Henderson on 12:36 - Mar 29 with 1897 viewsNafelad

Henderson on 12:02 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

Rafferty was giving a talking to by the ref not much earlier after a tackle which could easily have produced a yellow. in the circumstances, I guess the ref was leaning towards trying to avoid using cards, until the Pearce/Hendo incident left him with no alternative.

So it's simply not true to say a Dale player wouldn't have got away with that tackle. It is, however, another perfect example of rose-tinted specs and unbalanced views about how referees perform.

I think it's more about the referee's unbalanced view, or lack of it - it seems he had to ask the 4th official for his view.

Topcat

Henderson on 12:41 - Mar 29 with 1880 viewsD_Alien

Henderson on 08:52 - Mar 29 by TalkingSutty

There could easily have been 3 red cards in that particular passage of play. Perkins should have seen red for his late challenge from behind. The tackle on Henderson was one maybe worthy of a straight red and Hendos reaction also gave the referee an opportunity to send him off.

Hendersons stupidity has been done to death but in the cold light of day we still shouldn't have been hindered by having one less player on the pitch. Perkins was the nailed on sending off and I don't think he was even spoken too. He did a good job of constantly getting into the referees ear and attempting to run the game, having said that I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

Good point about Perkins, he was the stand out player and Jamie's view of it will help him develop further in seeing a masterclass in how to control the midfield from a deep position, plus moving forward at the right time.

Hilly made a point of giving him a hug at the end.

It's thinking about Perkins that, in retrospect, has changed my mind about Hendo.

Perkins sending off in the playoff semi's in 2008 cost us. I see something of the same type of approach in Hendo.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 12:54]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson on 12:41 - Mar 29 with 1880 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 12:36 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

I think it's more about the referee's unbalanced view, or lack of it - it seems he had to ask the 4th official for his view.

He would have been stupid not to consult the 4th official,the incident happened right in front of him. Good commonsense refereeing,he would have been criticised if he hadnt have consulted him under those circumstances.
Henderson on 12:44 - Mar 29 with 1867 viewsNafelad

Henderson on 12:41 - Mar 29 by TalkingSutty

He would have been stupid not to consult the 4th official,the incident happened right in front of him. Good commonsense refereeing,he would have been criticised if he hadnt have consulted him under those circumstances.

It was right in front of the referee - why couldn't he make his own decision?

Topcat

Henderson on 12:51 - Mar 29 with 1844 viewsaleanddale

The most gutted I have been in a while we had an excellent chance of a win if we had played with 11 men for 90 minutes.

More than matched all conquering Wigan for 30 minutes.

NML frightened the Wigan back line to death numerous times.

Opportunity missed. Hilly must be gutted like us.

I hope the penny has dropped with Hendo this morning he cost us the best footy Easter in years!!!

worse of all Wigan knew they had a real battle on there hands at 30 minutes.... regrettably they also knew they were "out of jail" on 31.
Henderson on 12:59 - Mar 29 with 1802 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 12:44 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

Maybe he had done and was just wanting confirmation.

Two pairs of eyes, but they were looking at the incident from different perspectives, so maybe the fourth official could see something the referee couldn't.

All four officials are there to assist each other, with an incident like this a perfect example of how.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 14:21]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson on 12:59 - Mar 29 with 1800 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 12:44 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

Two heads are better than one i suppose. They must have both thought it was worthy of a red card. I dont have a problem with any player picking up the odd red card but Hendersons are so bloody daft,they verge on you questioning the lads motives,which you shouldnt do.

His red cards at bury and Oldham are just tackles that leave you shaking your head, next to zero chance of winning the ball and a great chance of getting yourself sent off. He should have walked a few weeks ago against Millwall but got away with it. Yesterdays incident was just petulant and stupid,theres no excuse for it and the annoying thing is he appears to be getting worse rather than learning the lesson.

If it continues he becomes a liability which then means he needs shipping out, and what a waste of a good player that would be.Its got to the stage were these are no longer isolated incidents and are impacting on the team. Its right that the fans are voicing their concerns.
Henderson on 13:00 - Mar 29 with 1794 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 09:33 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

Henderson didn't 'kick-out' - he was not violent. He 'held' Pearce's leg in his own legs. Referee's decision was made with the help of 4th official - and Caldwell(?) Most referees seem to show more sympathy to the opposition players than Dale players (the 'underdogs') in these situations. If Hendo had made that tackle on Pearce, I'm sure he'd have got a straight red, and Pearce would have probably rolled around as if badly injured to make sure he did get a red. I don't think a Dale player would have 'got away' with the tackle Perkin's made, or been allowed to constantly complain to the referee. In most games, the referee seems to treat Dale players as 'the poor relations'.

That's just paranoia.

Henderson on 13:10 - Mar 29 with 1768 viewsNafelad

Henderson on 13:00 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

That's just paranoia.

Yes, it probably is - but I'm not 'on my own'.

Topcat

Henderson on 14:20 - Mar 29 with 1660 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 13:10 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

Yes, it probably is - but I'm not 'on my own'.

But neither are you unbiased.

There are 91 sets of other fans in the country who are all probably saying similar things. By the law of averages, they can't all be right.

Henderson on 15:10 - Mar 29 with 1588 viewsnordenblue

Henderson on 13:00 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

That's just paranoia.

It was only last week some on here said Holty almost referees games and constantly gets in their early leading to some decisions going "our way," and refs seem afraid of him....We can't have it all ways
Henderson on 17:41 - Mar 29 with 1470 viewsNafelad

Henderson on 14:20 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

But neither are you unbiased.

There are 91 sets of other fans in the country who are all probably saying similar things. By the law of averages, they can't all be right.

And I suppose you must believe that every referee in every game is unbiased.

Topcat

Henderson on 17:45 - Mar 29 with 1458 views442Dale

Henderson on 17:41 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

Is there evidence to suggest otherwise, specifically in games involving us?

If so, wouldn't the club have gathered this and presented it to the FL?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson on 17:54 - Mar 29 with 1439 views1907

Henderson's attitude on Twitter has been more concerning than the actual red cards themselves. Today he's shared some nonsensical guff saying "the same people taking sh1t over social media be the first ones asking for a pic and an autograph in real life". I get that a lot of people have taken to Twitter and tweeted him directly obviously in happy with his behaviour, some of the things I've seen haven't been great but at the end of the day he has to accept responsibility for his actions that have caused this reaction from some fans. The fact he tweeted that clearly shows how little he holds the fans in regard which is extremely sad to see.
Henderson on 17:57 - Mar 29 with 1428 viewsNafelad

Henderson on 17:45 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

Is there evidence to suggest otherwise, specifically in games involving us?

If so, wouldn't the club have gathered this and presented it to the FL?

No point, the FL nearly always defend the referee.

But I think I get it now: we need referees in the game and it's a difficult job. They're doing the best they can, are always fair and unbiased, and whatever we think about their decisions, say nothing.

Topcat

Henderson on 17:59 - Mar 29 with 1419 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 17:41 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

Yes, I do.

They make mistakes, like managers and players do, but to effectively suggest they are cheating is laughable.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say they are usually the most honest people involved in a game.

Henderson on 18:01 - Mar 29 with 1407 views442Dale

Henderson on 17:54 - Mar 29 by 1907

Henderson's attitude on Twitter has been more concerning than the actual red cards themselves. Today he's shared some nonsensical guff saying "the same people taking sh1t over social media be the first ones asking for a pic and an autograph in real life". I get that a lot of people have taken to Twitter and tweeted him directly obviously in happy with his behaviour, some of the things I've seen haven't been great but at the end of the day he has to accept responsibility for his actions that have caused this reaction from some fans. The fact he tweeted that clearly shows how little he holds the fans in regard which is extremely sad to see.

I couldn't care less if he retweeted that sort of stuff (where he might have a point, some may ask for an autograph), if it was then followed up with an apology for what happened yesterday.

Continually shaking head at lack of outward accountability.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024