Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson 14:08 - Mar 28 with 34524 viewselectricblue

Becoming a liability no matter how talented he is........
Pearce should have gone for the tackle but you cant retaliate like hendo did.....
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 14:09]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Henderson on 18:02 - Mar 29 with 2264 views442Dale

Henderson on 17:57 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

No point, the FL nearly always defend the referee.

But I think I get it now: we need referees in the game and it's a difficult job. They're doing the best they can, are always fair and unbiased, and whatever we think about their decisions, say nothing.

There is a point. There must be some examples to back up such an opinion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson on 18:07 - Mar 29 with 2259 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 17:57 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

No point, the FL nearly always defend the referee.

But I think I get it now: we need referees in the game and it's a difficult job. They're doing the best they can, are always fair and unbiased, and whatever we think about their decisions, say nothing.

But you claimed referees were biased against us and 442 asked for some examples.

You don't have to write to the FL. Put the examples of specific bias on here. I can guarantee we will be able to find other examples of when we have benefitted to disprove any suggestions of bias.

Take our penalty at Oldham; some thought it was 'soft', but we were given it. What would you have thought had one been given to Oldham for that foul?

Our penalty at home to Colchester was very dubious. What if Colchester had been given the same penalty?

Henderson could easily have been sent off at home to Millwall. How would you have felt if Lee Gregory had got away with the same kick?

We've got to be fair otherwise we end up just sounding paranoid and silly.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson on 18:15 - Mar 29 with 2223 views442Dale

Henderson on 18:07 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

But you claimed referees were biased against us and 442 asked for some examples.

You don't have to write to the FL. Put the examples of specific bias on here. I can guarantee we will be able to find other examples of when we have benefitted to disprove any suggestions of bias.

Take our penalty at Oldham; some thought it was 'soft', but we were given it. What would you have thought had one been given to Oldham for that foul?

Our penalty at home to Colchester was very dubious. What if Colchester had been given the same penalty?

Henderson could easily have been sent off at home to Millwall. How would you have felt if Lee Gregory had got away with the same kick?

Also yesterday:

We should have, in my opinion, had a penalty for the Bunney foul. Though they should have had one for Eastham's handball. Two mistakes, it happens.

And Rafferty should have been booked in the first half which may then have led to a later red.

Refs are what they are, using Raffery as an example again - he'll have excellent games and ones where he could have done better, but in the main he (and they) are pretty good most of the time.

Henderson on 18:20 - Mar 29 with 2204 viewsArthurDaley

Henderson on 11:39 - Mar 29 by nordenblue

Hendo wasnt sent off purely because he reacted, it's the manner in which he reacted that got him the red card.

Any trip,kick,strike or push with excessive force constitutes serious foul play so that alone carries a straight red card regardless of what peoples description of violent might be

So why wasn't pearse sent off. As people on here have said Henderson got sent of because its the rules. Pearse only got a yellow card for a much more dangerous tackle from behind, which according to the rules is a straight red card.
I just cant believe what some people on here have said about Ian Henderson, still everyone has there own opinion. I thought Henderson was extremely unlucky to get sent off.
Anyone think their goal was offside, when the ball came back of the crossbar , the first Wigan player who touched the ball seemed to be standing in an offside position.

A large VAT Dave

Henderson on 18:23 - Mar 29 with 2195 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 18:20 - Mar 29 by ArthurDaley

So why wasn't pearse sent off. As people on here have said Henderson got sent of because its the rules. Pearse only got a yellow card for a much more dangerous tackle from behind, which according to the rules is a straight red card.
I just cant believe what some people on here have said about Ian Henderson, still everyone has there own opinion. I thought Henderson was extremely unlucky to get sent off.
Anyone think their goal was offside, when the ball came back of the crossbar , the first Wigan player who touched the ball seemed to be standing in an offside position.

I wondered about that, but I don't think he was offside having paused the footage.

Pearce could and maybe should have been sent-off, but it's a separate issue going off the laws of the game.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 18:24]

Henderson on 18:25 - Mar 29 with 2187 views442Dale

Henderson on 18:20 - Mar 29 by ArthurDaley

Some went too far in their criticism of Henderson and have admitted as such, though I'm not sure thinking he cost the team and let down the fans is going too far.

Thought the same about the Wigan goal, had to pause it - Eastham is playing him onside when the shot is struck.

Henderson on 18:34 - Mar 29 with 2160 viewsNafelad

If you read my comments again, more carefully, you will find that I have not said (all) referees are biased against us. My comment concerning bias was in response to the accusation that I was biased, in suggesting that referees seem to show bias against us.

Of course, I don't have any evidence (presuming you mean video film, referees' reports, etc) as I wasn't aware that matters on this messageboard are conducted along the lines of courts of law cases.

However, I'll keep my opinions to myself in future, and try not to dwell on the performance of the referee.

Topcat

Henderson on 18:40 - Mar 29 with 2137 viewsSuddenLad

Henderson on 17:54 - Mar 29 by 1907

Henderson's attitude on Twitter has been more concerning than the actual red cards themselves. Today he's shared some nonsensical guff saying "the same people taking sh1t over social media be the first ones asking for a pic and an autograph in real life". I get that a lot of people have taken to Twitter and tweeted him directly obviously in happy with his behaviour, some of the things I've seen haven't been great but at the end of the day he has to accept responsibility for his actions that have caused this reaction from some fans. The fact he tweeted that clearly shows how little he holds the fans in regard which is extremely sad to see.

So the mindless morons are giving him grief on his social media site. Pathetic cowards.

Why people think they have a right to abuse others on Twitter, Facebook or anywhere else is baffling.

If they have something to say, then say it to his face. Otherwise shut up. It's over and done with and anything that needs to be said to Hendo involves him and the club. No-one else.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Henderson on 18:50 - Mar 29 with 2101 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 18:34 - Mar 29 by Nafelad

If you read my comments again, more carefully, you will find that I have not said (all) referees are biased against us. My comment concerning bias was in response to the accusation that I was biased, in suggesting that referees seem to show bias against us.

Of course, I don't have any evidence (presuming you mean video film, referees' reports, etc) as I wasn't aware that matters on this messageboard are conducted along the lines of courts of law cases.

However, I'll keep my opinions to myself in future, and try not to dwell on the performance of the referee.

Why? It makes for good debate.

Henderson on 18:56 - Mar 29 with 2058 viewsSuddenLad

Gretna, Gareth Gray, Ken Redfern.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Henderson on 19:05 - Mar 29 with 2026 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 18:01 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

I couldn't care less if he retweeted that sort of stuff (where he might have a point, some may ask for an autograph), if it was then followed up with an apology for what happened yesterday.

Continually shaking head at lack of outward accountability.

His response doesn't surprise me ... He's a footballer. His tweet says more about himself than it does about the fans, you would have thought he would have kept his head down a bit while the dust settles.

'You can tweet as many inspirational quotes as you want it doesn't make you an intelligent person, although it will fool some'......Just made that up all on my own.

Edit, just seen Suddenlads post which suggests fans have been abusing Henderson on his Twitter page, bang out of order if that's the case and if Hendersons responding to those individuals then fair enough.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 19:13]
Henderson on 19:08 - Mar 29 with 2020 views442Dale

Henderson on 19:05 - Mar 29 by TalkingSutty

His response doesn't surprise me ... He's a footballer. His tweet says more about himself than it does about the fans, you would have thought he would have kept his head down a bit while the dust settles.

'You can tweet as many inspirational quotes as you want it doesn't make you an intelligent person, although it will fool some'......Just made that up all on my own.

Edit, just seen Suddenlads post which suggests fans have been abusing Henderson on his Twitter page, bang out of order if that's the case and if Hendersons responding to those individuals then fair enough.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 19:13]

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Gandalf, minutes before he got a second yellow for diving.

Henderson on 19:23 - Mar 29 with 1973 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 18:56 - Mar 29 by SuddenLad

Gretna, Gareth Gray, Ken Redfern.

Or Ken Redfern anywhere!

Henderson on 19:30 - Mar 29 with 1953 viewsnordenblue

Henderson on 18:40 - Mar 29 by SuddenLad

So the mindless morons are giving him grief on his social media site. Pathetic cowards.

Why people think they have a right to abuse others on Twitter, Facebook or anywhere else is baffling.

If they have something to say, then say it to his face. Otherwise shut up. It's over and done with and anything that needs to be said to Hendo involves him and the club. No-one else.

Whilst not defending such actions,Hendo leaves himself wide open to criticism with his nauseous hypercrytical quotes he constantly posts.

Had he posted some sort of apology for being a tool yet again I think he'd have been cut a bit more slack by some.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 20:05]
Henderson on 21:39 - Mar 29 with 1760 viewsBrierls

Henderson on 17:54 - Mar 29 by 1907

Henderson's attitude on Twitter has been more concerning than the actual red cards themselves. Today he's shared some nonsensical guff saying "the same people taking sh1t over social media be the first ones asking for a pic and an autograph in real life". I get that a lot of people have taken to Twitter and tweeted him directly obviously in happy with his behaviour, some of the things I've seen haven't been great but at the end of the day he has to accept responsibility for his actions that have caused this reaction from some fans. The fact he tweeted that clearly shows how little he holds the fans in regard which is extremely sad to see.

Hendo blocked me for the following tweet...

"@hendo2401 has won @officiallydale more points than he's cost us, but he's let everybody down today. Fantastic effort from the 10 men again!"

Obviously I haven't seen his tweets because I'm blocked, but I'll not be asking him for photos or autographs. It seems the petulance and 'edge' he shows on the pitch extend beyond. I'll still be cheering him and Dale on at every opportunity because he has been and still is a fantastic player for us.
Henderson on 21:43 - Mar 29 with 1741 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 21:39 - Mar 29 by Brierls

"@hendo2401 has won @officiallydale more points than he's cost us, but he's let everybody down today. Fantastic effort from the 10 men again!"

Obviously I haven't seen his tweets because I'm blocked, but I'll not be asking him for photos or autographs. It seems the petulance and 'edge' he shows on the pitch extend beyond. I'll still be cheering him and Dale on at every opportunity because he has been and still is a fantastic player for us.

You shouldn't be stalking footballers at your age, I thought it was only Roccy who did that!!
Henderson on 21:46 - Mar 29 with 1727 views442Dale

There was a real opportunity for the club and the player to make amends, so disappointing that such an opportunity hasn't even been identified as worth taking yet.

Henderson on 21:49 - Mar 29 with 1713 viewsroccydaleian

Henderson on 21:43 - Mar 29 by TalkingSutty

You shouldn't be stalking footballers at your age, I thought it was only Roccy who did that!!

They stalk me tbf
Henderson on 21:52 - Mar 29 with 1695 viewsBrierls

Henderson on 21:43 - Mar 29 by TalkingSutty

God knows how many sessions it's going to take to get rid of this 'Henderson 40' tattoo
Henderson on 21:53 - Mar 29 with 1689 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 21:46 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

There was a real opportunity for the club and the player to make amends, so disappointing that such an opportunity hasn't even been identified as worth taking yet.

I didn't expect anything else, even at lower league level a lot of them are so far up their own arses it isn't true.The grounded ones stick out like a sore thumb, Jim McNulty being the first name on the list. Never spoken to the man but you can tell he's salt of the earth.You can't buy class.
Henderson on 21:56 - Mar 29 with 1658 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 21:52 - Mar 29 by Brierls

God knows how many sessions it's going to take to get rid of this 'Henderson 40' tattoo

The letter 'O' could be a problem
Henderson on 21:56 - Mar 29 with 1648 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 21:49 - Mar 29 by roccydaleian

They stalk me tbf

They think you're the former Arsenal player.

And I don't mean Perry Groves!

Henderson on 21:57 - Mar 29 with 1647 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 21:49 - Mar 29 by roccydaleian

They stalk me tbf

Why wouldn't they
Henderson on 22:01 - Mar 29 with 1632 views442Dale

Henderson on 21:53 - Mar 29 by TalkingSutty

I didn't expect anything else, even at lower league level a lot of them are so far up their own arses it isn't true.The grounded ones stick out like a sore thumb, Jim McNulty being the first name on the list. Never spoken to the man but you can tell he's salt of the earth.You can't buy class.

It's not just the player though, the club have a part to play to head off such issues.

The manager could come out and say he understands how the fans feel, the board/whoever could insist the communications out of Spotland are focused on building bridges, not chucking another match on one that's smouldering.

Henderson on 22:13 - Mar 29 with 1585 viewsRAFCBLUE

And there lies his problem.

I've said before, his ability should make him a Championship player but his attitude is why he has not played there for a prolonged period of his career.

If you look at Hendo's Dale sendings off ( Wigan away, Oldham away, Northampton away, bury away) all relate to him losing his cool and being outthought by a set of better and more cunning opponents who knew that if you get under his skin, then he will get himself sent off. Pearce was the latest to show Hendo's biggest shortcoming; his ego.

Compare that behaviour to Dawson, Holt, Lambert, Buckley and many others who have used this club as a step to better progression. Buckley in particular learned how to take a hit from a defender, roll on the deck and let the ref dish out the retribution. Holt was no angel but learned to laugh and not take the law into his own hands.

If you look Hendo's attitude since Grant Holt returned to Dale as both a returning hero and a proper millionaire who left and then has returned to Dale despite a financial ability (if desired) to retire and put his feet up, Hendo has a long, long way to go. Perhaps its simply envy that Hendo will never do what Holt has done for Rochdale?

Hendo is contracted here for the duration of his playing career and can't afford to retire yet. Holt's return also makes him not the biggest (or wealthiest) fish in the dressing room.

Hendo reads (and can't block) this board. He'll win Rochdale more games than he costs, but if he demands to make an impact, then he needs to focus on his game and not costing his team mates an opportunity to progress as he has done numerous times.

And he should watch Holty lead the line for the next four games both on and off the field and then we will see a proper leader.

Despite being a good player at league 1 level but a lot to learn and no use to anyone once sat in the stands.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 22:14]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024