Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson 14:08 - Mar 28 with 34053 viewselectricblue

Becoming a liability no matter how talented he is........
Pearce should have gone for the tackle but you cant retaliate like hendo did.....
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 14:09]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Henderson on 22:15 - Mar 29 with 3030 viewsAtThePeake

Henderson on 21:39 - Mar 29 by Brierls

Hendo blocked me for the following tweet...

"@hendo2401 has won @officiallydale more points than he's cost us, but he's let everybody down today. Fantastic effort from the 10 men again!"

Obviously I haven't seen his tweets because I'm blocked, but I'll not be asking him for photos or autographs. It seems the petulance and 'edge' he shows on the pitch extend beyond. I'll still be cheering him and Dale on at every opportunity because he has been and still is a fantastic player for us.

He blocked me a few months back for the following tweet:

"So @hendo2401 has now scored three in three and was my MOTM today. Herbalife commitments are definitely holding him back though."

Clearly not that intelligent as he didn't quite get the sarcasm in the tweet. Lowest form of wit I know, but I thought it was more than a little bit petulant to block me for that.

Tangled up in blue.

Henderson on 22:18 - Mar 29 with 3021 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 22:01 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

It's not just the player though, the club have a part to play to head off such issues.

The manager could come out and say he understands how the fans feel, the board/whoever could insist the communications out of Spotland are focused on building bridges, not chucking another match on one that's smouldering.

The fans are right to criticise Hendo but a couple of comments from Hill regarding the issue would have defused everything. ' He will be dealt with internally because his indiscipline is letting his colleagues and the supporters down, the player himself is gutted'

If he was bollocked after his red at Oldham it obviously hasnt had any effect.
Henderson on 23:47 - Mar 29 with 2819 viewsD_Alien

Henderson on 17:54 - Mar 29 by 1907

Henderson's attitude on Twitter has been more concerning than the actual red cards themselves. Today he's shared some nonsensical guff saying "the same people taking sh1t over social media be the first ones asking for a pic and an autograph in real life". I get that a lot of people have taken to Twitter and tweeted him directly obviously in happy with his behaviour, some of the things I've seen haven't been great but at the end of the day he has to accept responsibility for his actions that have caused this reaction from some fans. The fact he tweeted that clearly shows how little he holds the fans in regard which is extremely sad to see.

All I can say is that's why I've never had the slightest inclination to ask anyone for an autograph in my life. Many so-called heroes often turn out to have feet of clay, and even those that don't are only ordinary human beings like the rest of us, and idolising them might just ruin their privacy and personal space i.e. being able to walk down the street and go for a pint without someone annoying them.

As for Twitter, if people in the public spotlight use it to publicise themselves or their careers, they shouldn't complain if it bites them on the arse. It's not something I use.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 23:48]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson on 00:06 - Mar 30 with 2780 viewsdingdangblue

Maybe the club and Hendo aren't commenting/apologising because they are appealing the decision? Commenting /apologising would admit guilt? Just a thought.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Henderson on 07:14 - Mar 30 with 2669 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 00:06 - Mar 30 by dingdangblue

Maybe the club and Hendo aren't commenting/apologising because they are appealing the decision? Commenting /apologising would admit guilt? Just a thought.

Appealing the decision will just make the situation worse, we ( the club ) will have to pay money for the privilege. It happened under the noses of everybody and the officials deemed it worthy of a red, they won't change it because video footage shows the intent in Hendersons reaction to the challenge.

We can manage without him anyway, it means more game time for Holty which is a bonus for everybody and Bunney will get more opportunity to continue with his improved form. There's always a silver lining.

I just hope Hilly and the Players don't try to make out that Henderson is the innocent victim in all of this because that won't be doing him any favours and will be condoning his actions. It's not just about the sending off at Wigan anyway, it's a culmination of bloody daft actions by the player and the Chickens have come home to roost.

You would like to think the management team have already addressed the problem with him well befor his two recent sending offs, if they haven't then it's no real surprise he just continues with the same modus operandi. Let's hope he learns this time, for him to do that there has to be some acceptance on his part and that will probably be the sticking point.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2016 7:49]
Henderson on 08:18 - Mar 30 with 2594 viewsnordenblue

Henderson on 23:47 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

All I can say is that's why I've never had the slightest inclination to ask anyone for an autograph in my life. Many so-called heroes often turn out to have feet of clay, and even those that don't are only ordinary human beings like the rest of us, and idolising them might just ruin their privacy and personal space i.e. being able to walk down the street and go for a pint without someone annoying them.

As for Twitter, if people in the public spotlight use it to publicise themselves or their careers, they shouldn't complain if it bites them on the arse. It's not something I use.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 23:48]

I think you've upset enough round these parts recently DA without adding twitter to your armoury!!
Henderson on 09:01 - Mar 30 with 2551 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 08:18 - Mar 30 by nordenblue

I think you've upset enough round these parts recently DA without adding twitter to your armoury!!

When you are active with your posts there's always going to be some collateral damage along the way . The forum would be a poorer place without him.

I can't get my head around Twitter, what's it's purpose apart from being a Nosey Parker?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2016 9:01]
Henderson on 09:13 - Mar 30 with 2533 viewsDaleiLama

Henderson on 09:01 - Mar 30 by TalkingSutty

When you are active with your posts there's always going to be some collateral damage along the way . The forum would be a poorer place without him.

I can't get my head around Twitter, what's it's purpose apart from being a Nosey Parker?

Seems to me TS, twitter has 3 uses:

1/ Vain celebs (twitterati) can let their sheep know every time they break wind
2/ Trolls and keyboard warriors can vent their bile (but the worst cases of this are being clamped down on and leading to prosecutions)
3/ Best source of breaking news on the web usually

You just need to be selective in who and what you follow.

I'm sure DAs twitter feed would be as entertaining as his posts!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Henderson on 09:20 - Mar 30 with 2516 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson on 07:14 - Mar 30 by TalkingSutty

Appealing the decision will just make the situation worse, we ( the club ) will have to pay money for the privilege. It happened under the noses of everybody and the officials deemed it worthy of a red, they won't change it because video footage shows the intent in Hendersons reaction to the challenge.

We can manage without him anyway, it means more game time for Holty which is a bonus for everybody and Bunney will get more opportunity to continue with his improved form. There's always a silver lining.

I just hope Hilly and the Players don't try to make out that Henderson is the innocent victim in all of this because that won't be doing him any favours and will be condoning his actions. It's not just about the sending off at Wigan anyway, it's a culmination of bloody daft actions by the player and the Chickens have come home to roost.

You would like to think the management team have already addressed the problem with him well befor his two recent sending offs, if they haven't then it's no real surprise he just continues with the same modus operandi. Let's hope he learns this time, for him to do that there has to be some acceptance on his part and that will probably be the sticking point.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2016 7:49]

In the Observer Hill says he'd rather Hendo had 'smashed' Pearce. Its a similar situation to Ferguson and Cantona for me. Cantona did some horribly petulant things on the pitch , often when he'd been fouled or niggled - a lot like Hendo. Ferguson rarely condemned him knowing that on his day he was a genius and their most important player at that time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Henderson on 09:35 - Mar 30 with 2491 viewsKenBoon

Twitter has been the drizzling shi1s for years now. In fact all social media is w*nk now. Things people say are taken too literally and people are incorrectly labeled as 'trolls' for having different opinions (also the internets don't know what a real troll is). Anyhoo in solidarity with my fellow Daleys i've just blocked Ian Henderson.
Henderson on 09:40 - Mar 30 with 2477 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 09:13 - Mar 30 by DaleiLama

Seems to me TS, twitter has 3 uses:

1/ Vain celebs (twitterati) can let their sheep know every time they break wind
2/ Trolls and keyboard warriors can vent their bile (but the worst cases of this are being clamped down on and leading to prosecutions)
3/ Best source of breaking news on the web usually

You just need to be selective in who and what you follow.

I'm sure DAs twitter feed would be as entertaining as his posts!

Yes, i use it for number 3. Very rarely tweet, I spend far too much time on this forum as it is without getting involved on Twitter.
Henderson on 09:44 - Mar 30 with 2460 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 09:20 - Mar 30 by dingdangblue

In the Observer Hill says he'd rather Hendo had 'smashed' Pearce. Its a similar situation to Ferguson and Cantona for me. Cantona did some horribly petulant things on the pitch , often when he'd been fouled or niggled - a lot like Hendo. Ferguson rarely condemned him knowing that on his day he was a genius and their most important player at that time.

Doesn't set a good example to his team mates though, especially when he's the Captain. I don't think the players will be quite as accepting, it just knackers up the game plan and all their hard work.
Henderson on 09:49 - Mar 30 with 2444 viewsnordenblue

Henderson on 09:01 - Mar 30 by TalkingSutty

I've never personally signed up to it,it seems to be similar to Facebook in that boring people try to make everyone else believe what a wonderful fulfilled life their having,when in reality they're mega bored hence having the time to post regularly bigging themselves up.

Some of Hendos post that flash up on here are cringe worthy.Having spoke to him a couple of times as he lives next door to a very good mate of mine,he is a genuinely nice lad but seems to totally change when on the pitch it seems.
Henderson on 09:51 - Mar 30 with 2439 viewsdalenumber2

Henderson on 09:20 - Mar 30 by dingdangblue

What on earth does he mean by 'smashed'?
Henderson on 10:00 - Mar 30 with 2422 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson on 09:44 - Mar 30 by TalkingSutty

Doesn't set a good example to his team mates though, especially when he's the Captain. I don't think the players will be quite as accepting, it just knackers up the game plan and all their hard work.

What I said about Hendo being 'savvy' - the ideal choice would have been just lying prone on the floor 'injured' - get Pearce red carded. Then as Hill said 'smash' him or rather have a bit of a scuffle on the floor and at least they both get sent off. What Hendo chose to do was just very very stupid - he reacted and really hardly did anything - and just got himself an early shower.

Henderson on 10:02 - Mar 30 with 2416 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson on 09:51 - Mar 30 by dalenumber2

What on earth does he mean by 'smashed'?

Did you not see Hilly play?

Henderson on 10:06 - Mar 30 with 2409 viewsRochdale_Matt

Henderson on 22:13 - Mar 29 by RAFCBLUE

And there lies his problem.

I've said before, his ability should make him a Championship player but his attitude is why he has not played there for a prolonged period of his career.

If you look at Hendo's Dale sendings off ( Wigan away, Oldham away, Northampton away, bury away) all relate to him losing his cool and being outthought by a set of better and more cunning opponents who knew that if you get under his skin, then he will get himself sent off. Pearce was the latest to show Hendo's biggest shortcoming; his ego.

Compare that behaviour to Dawson, Holt, Lambert, Buckley and many others who have used this club as a step to better progression. Buckley in particular learned how to take a hit from a defender, roll on the deck and let the ref dish out the retribution. Holt was no angel but learned to laugh and not take the law into his own hands.

If you look Hendo's attitude since Grant Holt returned to Dale as both a returning hero and a proper millionaire who left and then has returned to Dale despite a financial ability (if desired) to retire and put his feet up, Hendo has a long, long way to go. Perhaps its simply envy that Hendo will never do what Holt has done for Rochdale?

Hendo is contracted here for the duration of his playing career and can't afford to retire yet. Holt's return also makes him not the biggest (or wealthiest) fish in the dressing room.

Hendo reads (and can't block) this board. He'll win Rochdale more games than he costs, but if he demands to make an impact, then he needs to focus on his game and not costing his team mates an opportunity to progress as he has done numerous times.

And he should watch Holty lead the line for the next four games both on and off the field and then we will see a proper leader.

Despite being a good player at league 1 level but a lot to learn and no use to anyone once sat in the stands.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 22:14]

Exactly this.

My patience has ran out with him to be honest, especially as it also appears that he cant handle a bit of stick from fans after letting everyone down again on Monday.

He quite rightly gets plenty of praise when he performs well so its only fair he cops for a bit of stick when he reacts like he did on Monday.

Seems nothing is ever his fault though.

Send him to Accy, I'm sure he'll fit in well there.
Henderson on 10:23 - Mar 30 with 2380 viewsaleanddale

A load of tosh posted on here at the best of times.

Jesus - Hendo made ( another ) mistake on Monday I am sure he regrets what happened.

Let's drop this and get on with supporting the club and supporting our best player when he returns.

A fantastic season should not be spoiled by two errors in judgement by a player albeit in consecutive first halves away from home.

Frustrating YES.... Forgivable 100% YES!!

I for one support Henderson despite what's happened.

I look forward to him coming back wiser and stronger and you know what he could come back even better.

Mouthwatering prospect him and holt up top for a full season with a full pre season behind them.

Up the Dale.

If you can move on I encourage you to all do so. This needn't become a witch hunt against one of our own.
Henderson on 10:26 - Mar 30 with 2363 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson on 10:23 - Mar 30 by aleanddale

A load of tosh posted on here at the best of times.

Jesus - Hendo made ( another ) mistake on Monday I am sure he regrets what happened.

Let's drop this and get on with supporting the club and supporting our best player when he returns.

A fantastic season should not be spoiled by two errors in judgement by a player albeit in consecutive first halves away from home.

Frustrating YES.... Forgivable 100% YES!!

I for one support Henderson despite what's happened.

I look forward to him coming back wiser and stronger and you know what he could come back even better.

Mouthwatering prospect him and holt up top for a full season with a full pre season behind them.

Up the Dale.

If you can move on I encourage you to all do so. This needn't become a witch hunt against one of our own.

Agree, it's been done to death now. Alongside Lillis he's still been our best player this season, hasn't hit the heights of the previous one but he's been consistent in a season of inconsistency.
Henderson on 13:04 - Mar 30 with 2189 viewsJimmyRustler

The only thing Twitter has successfully done is given idiots a platform to broadcast their diatribe to the masses.

Social media is largely responsible for the softest, most easily offended, waste of space, group of @rseholes that we see today forcing their shyte down our throats.

I've been a self confessed c#nt long before social media was around and will continue to be so until my dying days. Unfortunately, a large majority seem to think that hiding behind a screen affords them this privilege.

FWIW I've had a look over Hendo's posts after reading this thread and he comes across as a bit of a nob anyway so the continuo blocking of 'naysayers' seems quite in keeping with his seemingly arrogant persona.
Henderson on 17:11 - Mar 30 with 2001 views442Dale

I don't get it why some use twitter to make a point. At least on here it can be seen and debated by everyone. Isn't twitter is a place to find out information rather than make statements that will change the world?

nb. I'm free to do autographs whenever and really don't care one bit if you're positive in my company.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson on 18:03 - Mar 30 with 1936 viewsD_Alien

Henderson on 17:11 - Mar 30 by 442Dale

I don't get it why some use twitter to make a point. At least on here it can be seen and debated by everyone. Isn't twitter is a place to find out information rather than make statements that will change the world?

nb. I'm free to do autographs whenever and really don't care one bit if you're positive in my company.

Wouldn't that depend on what someone was wearing?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson on 18:09 - Mar 30 with 1924 viewssweetcorn

Henderson on 22:13 - Mar 29 by RAFCBLUE

And there lies his problem.

I've said before, his ability should make him a Championship player but his attitude is why he has not played there for a prolonged period of his career.

If you look at Hendo's Dale sendings off ( Wigan away, Oldham away, Northampton away, bury away) all relate to him losing his cool and being outthought by a set of better and more cunning opponents who knew that if you get under his skin, then he will get himself sent off. Pearce was the latest to show Hendo's biggest shortcoming; his ego.

Compare that behaviour to Dawson, Holt, Lambert, Buckley and many others who have used this club as a step to better progression. Buckley in particular learned how to take a hit from a defender, roll on the deck and let the ref dish out the retribution. Holt was no angel but learned to laugh and not take the law into his own hands.

If you look Hendo's attitude since Grant Holt returned to Dale as both a returning hero and a proper millionaire who left and then has returned to Dale despite a financial ability (if desired) to retire and put his feet up, Hendo has a long, long way to go. Perhaps its simply envy that Hendo will never do what Holt has done for Rochdale?

Hendo is contracted here for the duration of his playing career and can't afford to retire yet. Holt's return also makes him not the biggest (or wealthiest) fish in the dressing room.

Hendo reads (and can't block) this board. He'll win Rochdale more games than he costs, but if he demands to make an impact, then he needs to focus on his game and not costing his team mates an opportunity to progress as he has done numerous times.

And he should watch Holty lead the line for the next four games both on and off the field and then we will see a proper leader.

Despite being a good player at league 1 level but a lot to learn and no use to anyone once sat in the stands.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 22:14]

Absolute pish that.

Worse players with worse attitudes than henderson have played in the championship, bobby grant for one!

His lack of higher league football it probably more attributed to the fact his career was pretty average up until joining us, something he admitted to when signing a contract with us only 6 months ago..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Henderson on 18:12 - Mar 30 with 1911 views442Dale

Henderson on 18:03 - Mar 30 by D_Alien

Wouldn't that depend on what someone was wearing?

I'd compare them to what Jason Pearce is wearing first.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson on 18:13 - Mar 30 with 1911 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson on 18:09 - Mar 30 by sweetcorn

Absolute pish that.

Worse players with worse attitudes than henderson have played in the championship, bobby grant for one!

His lack of higher league football it probably more attributed to the fact his career was pretty average up until joining us, something he admitted to when signing a contract with us only 6 months ago..

Agreed.
If bad attitude and behaviour held top players back why is Suarez at Barcelona!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024