Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement: Season Tickets 09:49 - Apr 21 with 29436 viewsDale_Trust

Yesterday The Trust contacted the club both via telephone and by submitting a letter following an unprecedented level of communication from both members and supporters to the announcement of the season ticket prices for the 2016-17 season. A copy of that letter is published here. >>>

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/trust-statement-season-tickets/
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:30 - Apr 23 with 3294 viewslurker

Whether he is towing the party line or not, Colin Garlick has gone way down in my estimation after reading that insanely out of touch reply.

Our season tickets are poor value for money and the blinkers are well and truly on.

If anyone needed confirmation that our board are living in the stone age when it comes to marketing, it is right here in print.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:46 - Apr 23 with 3243 viewsFred_Talbot

Definitely not renewing now after reading that. The club is so out of touch with the supporters. It's them and us from here on in. Colin Garlick should resign from the trust with immediate effect. Whatever happened to Team Rochdale?

Where's Fred?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:50 - Apr 23 with 3232 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:46 - Apr 23 by Fred_Talbot

Definitely not renewing now after reading that. The club is so out of touch with the supporters. It's them and us from here on in. Colin Garlick should resign from the trust with immediate effect. Whatever happened to Team Rochdale?

Surely that's #TeamRochdale ?

#whenitsuits

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:53 - Apr 23 with 3210 viewsGlenn

Free of charge*

*Charge of £10.

Stop saying something is free of charge when it has a charge attached to it. Utterly ridiculous and infuriating nonsense. Doesn't even apply to me as I don't have kids, but it winds me up. Wouldn't care if they just said the ticket costs £10, but they can't do that because they want to big up their 'price freeze' PR rubbish.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:37 - Apr 23 with 3097 viewsDale23years

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:53 - Apr 23 by Glenn

Free of charge*

*Charge of £10.

Stop saying something is free of charge when it has a charge attached to it. Utterly ridiculous and infuriating nonsense. Doesn't even apply to me as I don't have kids, but it winds me up. Wouldn't care if they just said the ticket costs £10, but they can't do that because they want to big up their 'price freeze' PR rubbish.

Not renewing mine ×2 either

It's a shame out of country on Monday or I'd Deffo ring up.

Who ringing up Monday

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:41 - Apr 23 with 3079 views49thseason

I have no wish to pee on Colin Garlicks chips but his assertion " The potential in the borough is approximately 37,000 children of this age and of course the knock on effect to the families" is wholly incorrect - there are are only 74 primary schools in Rochdale and they have an average of about 250 -275 pupils per school. For there to be 37000 primary aged children every school would have to have 500 on roll. I doubt there are more than 5 primary schools with 500 or more. Also, I doubt many 5-7 year olds will be attending matches so the number is even smaller - probably less than 10,000
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:50 - Apr 23 with 3052 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:37 - Apr 23 by Dale23years

Not renewing mine ×2 either

It's a shame out of country on Monday or I'd Deffo ring up.

Who ringing up Monday

So that's over £1k in lost ST sales in this thread alone since the response from the club. Be interesting to see how many others confirm the same.

It's certainly proven to be a significant change in approach.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:53 - Apr 23 with 3034 viewsShun

It's so depressing seeing how many people this news is causing to say they aren't renewing.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:53 - Apr 23 with 3034 viewsisitme

I'm renewing mine on Monday so that is some money the club will get. Hopefully it will help retain some of our better players this off season.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:56 - Apr 23 with 3027 viewspioneer

I love the bit about they have abolished the credit card charge. I thought you couldnt purchase them using a credit card. More smoke and mirrors from that honesty-challenged Mr Garlick.

But to be fair, he is only implementing and defending decisions made by a board who are so out of touch with supporters. He says they are all supporters as well, but they get in for free, and dont pay an administration charge.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:02 - Apr 23 with 3008 viewslyberoc

As stated on other threads I will definitely not be renewing, had I been one of those wavering as to renew or not, the club,s response would have pushed me deep into the not renewing camp. It,s not just the price rise/freeze , it,s about the lack of initiative in trying to entice new supporters, it,s all well and good offering "freebies" to kids, but they don,t have any cash to spend. It,s the young adults they need to be looking at and pricing season tickets according to that demograph
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:05 - Apr 23 with 2992 viewsLuke8686

Only we could have the most successful season in our history and then see a reduction in season ticket sales the following season. Well done Rochdale.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:11 - Apr 23 with 2978 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:53 - Apr 23 by isitme

I'm renewing mine on Monday so that is some money the club will get. Hopefully it will help retain some of our better players this off season.

It'd be extremely disappointing if anyone insinuated that the retention of players could be affected by loyal supporters not renewing without an acceptance of exactly why that has occurred.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:50 - Apr 23 with 2854 viewsisitme

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:11 - Apr 23 by 442Dale

It'd be extremely disappointing if anyone insinuated that the retention of players could be affected by loyal supporters not renewing without an acceptance of exactly why that has occurred.

If less money comes into the club then it may affect recruitment, retention or both.

I understand many of the gripes that people have with the season ticket arrangements for next season. I will have to pay more than last season to renew even though prices have been frozen. It took me a while to work that one out but I will pay the price increase. I will attend every home game so will therefore save money compared to paying on a game by game basis. Other people will have different situations and therefore not feel that a season ticket is suitable for them. Some may not renew, attend fewer games or non at all in order to make a statement to the club. Again that is up to them.

Many people expected something that was never going to happen when season tickets were announced. I actually think the record profits from last season inflated expectations. Yes last season we made a lot of money, but what has happened to it? Who is there to say that there is much left? How much has been spent buying the ground? How much has been earmarked to renovate the players' lounge etc? With lower attendances this season and the lack of a cup run and player sales who is to say that the profit has not covered some of this season's losses?

As supporters we all want to be challenging for promotion. As Hill said in his Friday interview to push on will need additional investment. I know we disagree on this but I feel in order to take the next step we will have to increase the wage budget. How we find the money to do this I do not know. Could a more creative pricing policy do this? Maybe? The club are missing a trick with the lack of a direct debit facility to pay for season tickets and part season ticket bundles would also be popular. The free season ticket but £10 admin fee is also stupid, just say it's £10 for a season ticket. It's still a bloody good deal. For those under 16 attending games is cheap.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:51 - Apr 23 with 2848 viewsMoonyDale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:11 - Apr 23 by 442Dale

Wasn't renewing anyhow and this twaddle from Garlick just made it an easy decision. How out of touch and bloody arrogant they are.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:51 - Apr 23 with 2625 viewswindowsbug

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:56 - Apr 23 by pioneer

I love the bit about they have abolished the credit card charge. I thought you couldnt purchase them using a credit card. More smoke and mirrors from that honesty-challenged Mr Garlick.

But to be fair, he is only implementing and defending decisions made by a board who are so out of touch with supporters. He says they are all supporters as well, but they get in for free, and dont pay an administration charge.

It states on the renewal form that credit cards cannot be used to buy a season ticket.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 14:35]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 14:02 - Apr 23 with 2581 viewsnordenblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:53 - Apr 23 by Shun

It's so depressing seeing how many people this news is causing to say they aren't renewing.

I hope they follow it through and hit them where it hurts,for a club with a shockingly poor home attendance to start with to then come out with that nonsense and have no regard for the current fans opinions whatsoever is staggering to say the least.

Wait for the club to come up with some more half hearted initiatives to increase crowds following piss poor ST sales
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 14:22 - Apr 23 with 2501 viewsdingdangblue

Why are the club still referring to the 11 and under ticket as free? I really hope someone points this out on the radio on Monday!
Just say its £10 for the season!

#itsnotfookinfree

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 14:47 - Apr 23 with 2416 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:50 - Apr 23 by isitme

If less money comes into the club then it may affect recruitment, retention or both.

I understand many of the gripes that people have with the season ticket arrangements for next season. I will have to pay more than last season to renew even though prices have been frozen. It took me a while to work that one out but I will pay the price increase. I will attend every home game so will therefore save money compared to paying on a game by game basis. Other people will have different situations and therefore not feel that a season ticket is suitable for them. Some may not renew, attend fewer games or non at all in order to make a statement to the club. Again that is up to them.

Many people expected something that was never going to happen when season tickets were announced. I actually think the record profits from last season inflated expectations. Yes last season we made a lot of money, but what has happened to it? Who is there to say that there is much left? How much has been spent buying the ground? How much has been earmarked to renovate the players' lounge etc? With lower attendances this season and the lack of a cup run and player sales who is to say that the profit has not covered some of this season's losses?

As supporters we all want to be challenging for promotion. As Hill said in his Friday interview to push on will need additional investment. I know we disagree on this but I feel in order to take the next step we will have to increase the wage budget. How we find the money to do this I do not know. Could a more creative pricing policy do this? Maybe? The club are missing a trick with the lack of a direct debit facility to pay for season tickets and part season ticket bundles would also be popular. The free season ticket but £10 admin fee is also stupid, just say it's £10 for a season ticket. It's still a bloody good deal. For those under 16 attending games is cheap.

The acceptance of why supporters aren't buying Season Tickets is the issue. You list a few. If the club's recruitment and retention of players is affected it is certainly not down to any individual fan.

Something has gone badly wrong, the Trust's initial letter to the club lists all the reasons why. Look at the wording, it says it all. Unfortunately there's still no change in approach.

I don't think many expected something major, we hoped. We didn't expect to be paying more and then to be told over and over how it was really a price freeze. We know how it can be explained as the prices being the same, we're intelligent people, hence we also don't like being talked down to.

Failing to see why, after all the club has seen this week, they couldn't have made a gesture to maintain the prices fans paid last season. It's about goodwill, not pounds. The former would actually help ensure the latter keep rolling in. Worth considering that a couple of full away ends would cover most of the difference if that gesture was made. And if not that, scrap the admin charge for u11s. Something. Anything. Illustrate that fans have a real point.

So if the playing budget is affected, you'd hope real questions are asked within the club.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 14:53 - Apr 23 with 2387 viewsSuddenLad

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:56 - Apr 23 by pioneer

Get in for free ??

These Directors have personally put many tens of thousands of pounds into the club, so the insinuation that they are on 'freebies' is a bit unfair and insulting.

However, the club have definitely missed an opportunity here to close the apparent rift that they have created. The effect of not renewing season tickets as a protest is surely counter-productive in terms of reducing the amount of funds the club has available for the summer months.

Does the season ticket money pay for the pre-season trip to Spain ? Is it used to pay for pitch improvements ? Player recruitment ?

I understand exactly how and why we have arrived at this point and the response from the club is disappointing to say the least. However, it would be immensely sad if team development and the managers' plans were to suffer as a result.

In that case, we all lose out and I'm surprised that hasn't dawned on those who can make a difference.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:04 - Apr 23 with 2354 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 14:53 - Apr 23 by SuddenLad

Get in for free ??

These Directors have personally put many tens of thousands of pounds into the club, so the insinuation that they are on 'freebies' is a bit unfair and insulting.

However, the club have definitely missed an opportunity here to close the apparent rift that they have created. The effect of not renewing season tickets as a protest is surely counter-productive in terms of reducing the amount of funds the club has available for the summer months.

Does the season ticket money pay for the pre-season trip to Spain ? Is it used to pay for pitch improvements ? Player recruitment ?

I understand exactly how and why we have arrived at this point and the response from the club is disappointing to say the least. However, it would be immensely sad if team development and the managers' plans were to suffer as a result.

In that case, we all lose out and I'm surprised that hasn't dawned on those who can make a difference.

You're right, the personal posts on here are indeed OTT, it doesn't achieve much.

It's not a case of any "protest" being counter- productive though, more supporters making a decision about their custom. It's no different to deciding whether to buy a shirt, all the money goes into the same pot in close season. If I don't like the shirt now, I won't buy it. For years I bought one out of habit and loyalty. It's up to the club to get it right and ensure fans feel they have to buy a product.

When they're getting feedback that's designed to help, they should act upon it. They got that last year when the kits were released, fans then were brought in to design next season's. They've now received a massive amount of feedback on plans around Season Tickets too, it's up to them.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:09 - Apr 23 with 2319 viewsSalwaDale

I suppose what ought to happen is that attendances drop next season due to price, the club realise this and then drop season tickets to an incredibly low price for the season after and the crowds come flooding in.

Sadly I think the board's logic is more about thinking that the price is irrelevant, the season ticket holders will just stay at a fairly inflexible level and therefore they try to maximise income.

TBBT

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:15 - Apr 23 with 2288 viewsroccydaleian

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:09 - Apr 23 by SalwaDale

I suppose what ought to happen is that attendances drop next season due to price, the club realise this and then drop season tickets to an incredibly low price for the season after and the crowds come flooding in.

Sadly I think the board's logic is more about thinking that the price is irrelevant, the season ticket holders will just stay at a fairly inflexible level and therefore they try to maximise income.

The problem could be though, once that custom is lost, sometimes it can be bloody hard to get it back.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:17 - Apr 23 with 2277 viewsSuddenLad

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:04 - Apr 23 by 442Dale

You're right, the personal posts on here are indeed OTT, it doesn't achieve much.

It's not a case of any "protest" being counter- productive though, more supporters making a decision about their custom. It's no different to deciding whether to buy a shirt, all the money goes into the same pot in close season. If I don't like the shirt now, I won't buy it. For years I bought one out of habit and loyalty. It's up to the club to get it right and ensure fans feel they have to buy a product.

When they're getting feedback that's designed to help, they should act upon it. They got that last year when the kits were released, fans then were brought in to design next season's. They've now received a massive amount of feedback on plans around Season Tickets too, it's up to them.

I agree, it's up to them, but unlike most other businesses, these customers won't be taking their money and business elsewhere, just witholding it. They will still be supporting the club so it makes the clubs' rigid stance even more baffling. An own goal if ever there was one.

We surely all want the same thing ? Why does it have to be so difficult to achieve ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:32 - Apr 23 with 2232 viewsbatfink

I stopped going to games a few years ago due to my financial situation, once you find other things to do on match days it's easy to stay away. Let's hope this stance from the club doesn't lower our already dismal attendances too much, though I can see this being a huge own goal by the directors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024