Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement: Season Tickets 09:49 - Apr 21 with 29328 viewsDale_Trust

Yesterday The Trust contacted the club both via telephone and by submitting a letter following an unprecedented level of communication from both members and supporters to the announcement of the season ticket prices for the 2016-17 season. A copy of that letter is published here. >>>

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/trust-statement-season-tickets/
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:23 - Apr 24 with 3960 viewsR17ALE

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 19:49 - Apr 24 by TalkingSutty

Just do what you thinks right, it doesn't make you less of a fan because you decide not to buy a Season Ticket. It gives you more options by not committing to one though. Taking fans for granted, or non football people , however those employed within the Club view us all,is a big mistake.

I noticed Colin Garlick stated that they are all Dale fans within the Club, I beg to differ on that one. If he wasn't employed by the Club would he travel up and down the country paying his own hard earned money on travel expenses and match ticket? Would he heck, that's what proper football people do, they support the bloody team. I was always under the impression he supported Macclesfield anyway. I would suggest he's never paid to watch Rochdale in his life.

Real footballing people obviously includes the fans,so don't listen to anybody trying to waffle otherwise, unless that's somebody who shells out his hard earned money travelling and watching the team. Which in this case it wasn't

There seems to be quite a few people within the Club who allege they they are lifelong Dale fans when everybody knows they aren't, they must think we're daft. Invariably these people never pay to enter the ground so ticket prices don't affect them. Would they support the team week in week out if they had to open their wallets? Would they hell. There opinions are worthless unless they've walked the walk and put the hard miles in.

We've got plenty of lifelong Dale fans in the boardroom I'll grant you that.Would they imply that that the fans are 'non footballing people'? I don't think they would.

A lot of fans have invested their life and their finances into this Club and for somebody employed by the Club to start trying to differentiate by coming out with the comment ' Footballing People ' just sums up how we are taken for granted. If we are really just viewed as customers then they won't mind if some decide to shop around for the best offers, that's what customers do. Away from the pitch the fans have had some crap to put up with this year and that's what focuses the mind when it comes to taking money out of your bank account.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 20:22]

Well said. These people forget that some of us have been watching a bloody long time.

'Who's not really a fan but claims to be?' Bingo would be an interesting game!

One or two of them post on here now and again!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:32 - Apr 24 with 3935 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:23 - Apr 24 by R17ALE

Well said. These people forget that some of us have been watching a bloody long time.

'Who's not really a fan but claims to be?' Bingo would be an interesting game!

One or two of them post on here now and again!

Correct and instead of commenting on Dale supporters they should practice what they preach and try supporting their own team. Obviously that involves digging deep into your wallet and making the effort. Talks cheap.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:08 - Apr 25 with 3747 viewsSandyman

So we got a statement from the club to Dale Trust. No change. Had a quick scan round to see what other clubs were doing to increase season ticket sales. Port Vale had a weird one where you got money back depending on how many S T's were sold in total. Anyway, ADULT prices for S T's came to:

Huddersfield £179.

Accrington £199.

bury £275 during early bird and £300 after

Biffo's £300 early bird £325/350 after

Barnsley £300.00 - £370.00 (early bird) rising to £335-£410

Sheffield United initiative - http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/sheffield-united-season-tickets-2361059.aspx

"Unitedites have reacted positively to the news that season ticket prices for the next campaign are to be reduced by 10 per cent" - From £288.00 to £418.50 for fans renewing.

Wigan Athletic - £199 (early purchase) to £229 (from August 1st)

What Bratfurt did last year
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3071927/Bradford-City-slash-se

Walsall - early bird £253 - £347

Dale £289.50-£382 early bird/SPP ( with last years £25 off voucher + "free" vouchers that mostly won't be used) £314.50-£407 after ( - vouchers)

RAFC is hardly the cheapest, the incentive to renew is weak and has been very poorly articulated to previous "SPP" customers to say the least. The success of regaining ownership of Spotland is hardly being capitalised on for the club's core business - football. This mistake will turn money away from the club. The message has been relayed to the club by individuals and the collective voice of Dale Trust, but the testicle has been dropped. It's going to take very good offer to get back ST holders who lapse this year to return to ST ownership next year.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:14 - Apr 25 with 3735 viewsSandyman

Also, If the poll lower down is to be believed, the club has lost over £10K already in lost renewed season ticket sales for 2016/17.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 7:15]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:11 - Apr 25 with 3672 viewsKenBoon

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:08 - Apr 25 by Sandyman

So we got a statement from the club to Dale Trust. No change. Had a quick scan round to see what other clubs were doing to increase season ticket sales. Port Vale had a weird one where you got money back depending on how many S T's were sold in total. Anyway, ADULT prices for S T's came to:

Huddersfield £179.

Accrington £199.

Sheffield United initiative - http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/sheffield-united-season-tickets-2361059.aspx

"Unitedites have reacted positively to the news that season ticket prices for the next campaign are to be reduced by 10 per cent" - From £288.00 to £418.50 for fans renewing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3071927/Bradford-City-slash-se

Dale £289.50-£382 early bird/SPP ( with last years £25 off voucher + "free" vouchers that mostly won't be used) £314.50-£407 after ( - vouchers)

RAFC is hardly the cheapest, the incentive to renew is weak and has been very poorly articulated to previous "SPP" customers to say the least. The success of regaining ownership of Spotland is hardly being capitalised on for the club's core business - football. This mistake will turn money away from the club. The message has been relayed to the club by individuals and the collective voice of Dale Trust, but the testicle has been dropped. It's going to take very good offer to get back ST holders who lapse this year to return to ST ownership next year.

You're being generous with our prices. All the other prices are for seated tickets, and not all of them behind a goal. Whilst the Sandy Lane might be dear in some peoples hearts, it's really shite to watch a Football match from. It has terrible views isn't suitable for Children or short people. Our cheapest seated ticket is £370 behind the Goal. £407 if you want to watch from the Main Stand. We're already hemorrhaging supporters to Manc City. Do we really need another reason to drive them away?
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:31 - Apr 25 with 3640 viewsjustanillusion

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:08 - Apr 25 by Sandyman

Huddersfield £179.

Accrington £199.

Oldham marketed their season tickets with rewards for those who renewed early, it was based on four home games played in March if latics won you won £50 back off price of season ticket, those who renewed before four games started had chance to win £200 back off price paid
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:56 - Apr 25 with 3607 viewsdingdangblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:31 - Apr 25 by justanillusion

Oldham marketed their season tickets with rewards for those who renewed early, it was based on four home games played in March if latics won you won £50 back off price of season ticket, those who renewed before four games started had chance to win £200 back off price paid

They only won 1 game in March.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 09:30 - Apr 25 with 3567 viewsKenBoon

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:56 - Apr 25 by dingdangblue

We cost each renewing BIFFO £50 with our win. It makes you feel all warm inside.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 09:31 - Apr 25 with 3567 viewsjustanillusion

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:56 - Apr 25 by dingdangblue

They won 2 during March - Blackpool & Chesterfield, the first Saturday game of month was P-P against Swindon so it rolled over to include this game when rearranged in April which was won by Latics.

Any Latics fan that renewed on first day of season ticket sales won £150 back
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:12 - Apr 25 with 3454 viewsTalkingSutty

There's nothing much more to add regarding the ST agenda but i've just looked at the various executive seating/boxes packages available and they look a excellent deal when you look at whats included in the price.
Whoever is responsible for putting all that together seems to have pitched it just right. In years to come thats the direction i hope to travel in,keep the aching bones warm and upping the comfort levels.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:45 - Apr 25 with 3387 viewsdingdangblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 09:31 - Apr 25 by justanillusion

They won 2 during March - Blackpool & Chesterfield, the first Saturday game of month was P-P against Swindon so it rolled over to include this game when rearranged in April which was won by Latics.

Any Latics fan that renewed on first day of season ticket sales won £150 back

Stand corrected - thats a great deal then! Fair play for Oldham for counting the rearranged game and fair play to the fans that bought them full price (now quids in with £150 back).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:26 - Apr 25 with 3223 viewsR17ALE

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:45 - Apr 25 by dingdangblue

Stand corrected - thats a great deal then! Fair play for Oldham for counting the rearranged game and fair play to the fans that bought them full price (now quids in with £150 back).

If Oldham can afford to pay them back that is!

Back on our S/T. I've just filled out the application form where fans are advised to choose their seat carefully. If you decide you want to change to another seat once the club has banked your money, then there is an additional £10 administration fee if you later decide you want to sit in a different area/seat.

If any other business treated me like this I'd tell them to fook off, although being in The Sandy means I'm exempt from this small print.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 16:18 - Apr 25 with 3133 viewsroccydaleian

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:26 - Apr 25 by R17ALE

If Oldham can afford to pay them back that is!

Back on our S/T. I've just filled out the application form where fans are advised to choose their seat carefully. If you decide you want to change to another seat once the club has banked your money, then there is an additional £10 administration fee if you later decide you want to sit in a different area/seat.

If any other business treated me like this I'd tell them to fook off, although being in The Sandy means I'm exempt from this small print.

Being a Sandy Laner you've obviously not thought this through Razzle. Somebody will have to take the reserved sticker off the seat and put one on the new one, and print a new ticket for the inside of your ST book. #costlybuisiness
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:06 - Apr 25 with 3031 viewsjustanillusion

Buisness has been brisk according to the official website on the first day of Season Tickets going on sale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-opening-day-sales-30798

The story on the O/S features details of person#1 and person# 2 in Que who bought their S Tickets, no mention of how many U11's descended on Spotland to bag their 'free' Season Tickets

The article doesn't enthuse me!
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:49 - Apr 25 with 2958 viewsnordenblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 16:18 - Apr 25 by roccydaleian

Being a Sandy Laner you've obviously not thought this through Razzle. Somebody will have to take the reserved sticker off the seat and put one on the new one, and print a new ticket for the inside of your ST book. #costlybuisiness

That may involve an admin charge....
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:59 - Apr 25 with 2932 viewsMoonyDale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:06 - Apr 25 by justanillusion

Buisness has been brisk according to the official website on the first day of Season Tickets going on sale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-opening-day-sales-30798

The story on the O/S features details of person#1 and person# 2 in Que who bought their S Tickets, no mention of how many U11's descended on Spotland to bag their 'free' Season Tickets

The article doesn't enthuse me!

They are probably the only 2 sold this morning, I wonder what the club had to do to get them to pose for photo's? Spin doctor Garlick in full swing methinks.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 09:30 - Apr 26 with 2696 viewslurker

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:59 - Apr 25 by MoonyDale

They are probably the only 2 sold this morning, I wonder what the club had to do to get them to pose for photo's? Spin doctor Garlick in full swing methinks.......

Agree with this. It is telling that the only two season ticket take-ups mentioned are from the older end of the customer base should we say.

I would have thought we would have seen some pics of the thousands of kids lining up to take their "free" season tickets
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:08 - Apr 26 with 2534 viewsBrierls

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 09:30 - Apr 26 by lurker

Agree with this. It is telling that the only two season ticket take-ups mentioned are from the older end of the customer base should we say.

I would have thought we would have seen some pics of the thousands of kids lining up to take their "free" season tickets

Won't they be at school?
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:15 - Apr 26 with 2510 viewsDaleFan7

I think a lot of people who say they are up in arms over this and it's not right and they're not buying one will cave in and buy one anyway to be honest. I sent my concerns to the club last week and have received nothing in reply. 100% not renewing this season or any in the near future.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:21 - Apr 26 with 2497 views49thseason

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:08 - Apr 26 by Brierls

Won't they be at school?

Interestingly, there will be a period between the end of the game on Saturday and the start of the summer holidays (20th July) when most families with kids in school probably won't be able to take their kids to buy tickets at all as the ticket office is only open Mon - Friday. That's about 12 weeks! Surely they could have organised for under 11s to get a trip round the ground or something for 2 or 3 hours on Saturdays?
Opening Times
Monday: 9am — 5pm
Tuesday: 9am — 5pm
Wednesday: 9am — 5pm
Thursday: 9am — 5pm
Friday: 9am— 5pm
Saturday (home match day): 9am-3pm
Saturday (away day): CLOSED
Saturday (during the close season): CLOSED
Sunday: CLOSED
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:43 - Apr 26 with 2459 viewsdingdangblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:21 - Apr 26 by 49thseason

Interestingly, there will be a period between the end of the game on Saturday and the start of the summer holidays (20th July) when most families with kids in school probably won't be able to take their kids to buy tickets at all as the ticket office is only open Mon - Friday. That's about 12 weeks! Surely they could have organised for under 11s to get a trip round the ground or something for 2 or 3 hours on Saturdays?
Opening Times

I dont think you need to take your kids - just their passports for proof of age.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 14:05 - Apr 26 with 2417 views49thseason

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:43 - Apr 26 by dingdangblue

I dont think you need to take your kids - just their passports for proof of age.

I realise that but it just seems a shame that they probably won't be able to go down to the ground for a couple of hours on the weekend and get excited (and tell their mates).
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 16:40 - Apr 26 with 2347 viewsaleanddale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:15 - Apr 26 by DaleFan7

I think a lot of people who say they are up in arms over this and it's not right and they're not buying one will cave in and buy one anyway to be honest. I sent my concerns to the club last week and have received nothing in reply. 100% not renewing this season or any in the near future.

Even if the club learns a massive lesson from this PR flop and comes up with something extra special this time next year??

Not holding my breath but to say never seems a tad harsh.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:02 - Apr 26 with 2206 viewsTVOS1907

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:21 - Apr 26 by 49thseason

Opening Times

There will be a week at the end of May/start of June, although admittedly families could be on holiday then.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:55 - Apr 26 with 2123 views442Dale

They might have some decent money backing them, but it's still a very good PR gesture:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordcityfc/news/ammies-to-gift-part-of-play-off

So easy to get things right.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024