Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update 12:04 - Apr 28 with 4846 viewsdingdangblue

Just a simple thread to gauge numbers of how well sales are going. Just post if you have renewed, purchased or picked up a £10 kids ticket.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 12:21 - Apr 28 with 4800 viewsLuke8686

Also if you hear from the ticket office on actual numbers we've sold so far write it down here

Expecting a slow start with no early-bird and we won't sell many kids tickets until the club start doing school visits
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 12:56 - Apr 28 with 4716 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 12:21 - Apr 28 by Luke8686

Also if you hear from the ticket office on actual numbers we've sold so far write it down here

Expecting a slow start with no early-bird and we won't sell many kids tickets until the club start doing school visits

I think it'll be a slow trickle. If they only capture 1% of the 37,000 kids on a free ticket,that should easily put 500 extra fans on the gate when you think a lot of the kids will have adults with them.

If the offer is advertised and marketed in the right way then capturing 1-2% of the target audience should be easily achievable. What would be deemed as a success? I would say a extra 500-700 kids would be a good start. Just putting the prices on the website or on the back of the Goldbond sheet isn't enough though.
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 13:03 - Apr 28 with 4694 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 12:56 - Apr 28 by TalkingSutty

I think it'll be a slow trickle. If they only capture 1% of the 37,000 kids on a free ticket,that should easily put 500 extra fans on the gate when you think a lot of the kids will have adults with them.

If the offer is advertised and marketed in the right way then capturing 1-2% of the target audience should be easily achievable. What would be deemed as a success? I would say a extra 500-700 kids would be a good start. Just putting the prices on the website or on the back of the Goldbond sheet isn't enough though.

Someone blew the 37000 kids figure away though as bulsh*t.......more like 10k?

Agree, need to get out to the schools and push it.
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 13:14 - Apr 28 with 4659 views49thseason

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 12:56 - Apr 28 by TalkingSutty

Allow me to explain for the umpteenth time, there are not 37,000 kids in Primary schools in Rochdale.
There are 74 Primary schools they would need to have 500 kids in each school for there to be 37,000. Most schools have around 30 on a class x 7 classes which adds up to 210 per school. Its true some schools are two form entry so an average of 250 would not be unrealistic. A more accurate figure would be about 16,000. That also includes reception, y1 and y2 kids if you dicount most reception age kids and most of y1 you get to so take off anothe 4000 or so and the true figure this promotion is aimed at is about 12,000 kids. A 1% return is 120. I doubt they will get 50 extra sales of parent and child tickets. Maybe £15k -20k extra income.

The 37000 figure might cover all Rochdale schoolkids, Nursery, primary, secondary and special schools.
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 13:25 - Apr 28 with 4640 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 13:14 - Apr 28 by 49thseason

Allow me to explain for the umpteenth time, there are not 37,000 kids in Primary schools in Rochdale.
There are 74 Primary schools they would need to have 500 kids in each school for there to be 37,000. Most schools have around 30 on a class x 7 classes which adds up to 210 per school. Its true some schools are two form entry so an average of 250 would not be unrealistic. A more accurate figure would be about 16,000. That also includes reception, y1 and y2 kids if you dicount most reception age kids and most of y1 you get to so take off anothe 4000 or so and the true figure this promotion is aimed at is about 12,000 kids. A 1% return is 120. I doubt they will get 50 extra sales of parent and child tickets. Maybe £15k -20k extra income.

The 37000 figure might cover all Rochdale schoolkids, Nursery, primary, secondary and special schools.

So the Club have got their figures wrong? Only regurgitating what David Bottomley and Colin Garlick stated, don't shoot the messenger.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 13:28]
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 13:27 - Apr 28 with 4629 views100notout

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 13:25 - Apr 28 by TalkingSutty

So the Club have got their figures wrong? Only regurgitating what David Bottomley and Colin Garlick stated, don't shoot the messenger.

schoolboy error?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 13:40 - Apr 28 with 4596 viewsrochdale1987

We will have to wait and see I suppose
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 1:00]
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 14:07 - Apr 28 with 4534 viewsdingdangblue

No ones bought any yet then?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 14:17 - Apr 28 with 4509 views49thseason

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 13:25 - Apr 28 by TalkingSutty

Not a dig at you mate, just a huge frustration that the whole ST strategy is being justified on inaccurate figures.
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 15:02 - Apr 28 with 4437 viewsDorsetDale

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 14:17 - Apr 28 by 49thseason

Not a dig at you mate, just a huge frustration that the whole ST strategy is being justified on inaccurate figures.

Just been on the site in link and randomly picked 20 schools and got an average of 293 pupils per school. Could be I picked a higher proportion of high numbers but of the 20, 5 have over 430 and 6 less than 200 so seems fairly representative.

http://www.schoolsnet.com/uk-schools/school-details-reviews/rochdale/alice-ingha

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 15:37 - Apr 28 with 4355 views49thseason

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 15:02 - Apr 28 by DorsetDale

Just been on the site in link and randomly picked 20 schools and got an average of 293 pupils per school. Could be I picked a higher proportion of high numbers but of the 20, 5 have over 430 and 6 less than 200 so seems fairly representative.

http://www.schoolsnet.com/uk-schools/school-details-reviews/rochdale/alice-ingha

Apparently there are 70 primary schools listed on the council site so I think your average of290 seems about right. That gives about 20,000 kids but I am fairly sure there wont be many reception and y1 kids being taken to spotland so maybe a market opportunity of 14000 kids. Still a b loody long way from 37,000. The back of my envelope is now exhausted!
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 16:04 - Apr 28 with 4299 viewshappyevaafter

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 15:02 - Apr 28 by DorsetDale

You can discount (i.e. not include) any school in the borough south of Magdala St in Hopwood as you're into Middleton and FC United / City / United territory.

In essence, the kids ticket appeals to the floating Dad who is at a loose end every other Saturday afternoon. What are the club doing to target this new customer? Nothing really. I don't understand why there is an additional charge next season for non special promotion period customers. I don't think there would be a revolt if the club just said it is one price, irrespective of whether you purchased this years season ticket between a certain time period.

Can you imagine Sky TV having a higher price for new customers compared to existing customers? By all means hose down loyal supporters with all sorts of incentives to remain customers / fans but please be a bit more creative when it comes to trying to attract new customers / fans. Pester power from kids only works when the financials allow it.

Also, if these kids suddenly turn up, what provision is being laid on to keep them entertained? Studds bar is a toilet and whilst the recent activities have been appreciated (card making, dinosaurs, ghost busters etc) today's kids tend to have an attention span that can be measured in minutes rather than hours. Have provisions been made for a different kind of catering? The foot long hot dogs are great but how about things with more e-numbers in 'em or a 'Happy' meal type snack box.

I hope there is some harvesting of the new season ticket holders details with other areas within the club. Send a reminder e-mail / letter a month before the kids birthday letting them know they can have a party with their friends at the club. Pass on the details to the Trust to see if they can pique any interest with them. How about discount travel for away days for season ticket holders? 10% off at any bar in the ground on production of a season ticket? Entry into a draw for a matchday dining experience?
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 15:56 - Apr 29 with 3867 viewsTrueDaleBlue

The junior under 11s free tickets have been very popular.
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 17:14 - Apr 29 with 3741 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 15:56 - Apr 29 by TrueDaleBlue

The junior under 11s free tickets have been very popular.

Good news. Let's hope they are advertised around the town right up to the start of the season and through to the end of September so the kids can recommend the Matchday experience once they return for the start of the new school term.
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 09:04 - Apr 30 with 3380 viewsSpike

Renewed the nephews 'free' ticket yesterday.
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 13:49 - Apr 30 with 3247 viewsToffeemanc

Renewed mine and my 16 year olds for the Pearl Street this morning.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 20:11 - Apr 30 with 3126 viewsonedalefan

Does anyone know when the £25 off next years ticket has to be used by? Is it still valid up until end of July?
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 20:40 - Apr 30 with 3073 viewsjustanillusion

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 20:11 - Apr 30 by onedalefan

Does anyone know when the £25 off next years ticket has to be used by? Is it still valid up until end of July?

Use by 4th june
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 20:44 - Apr 30 with 3056 viewsonedalefan

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 20:40 - Apr 30 by justanillusion

Use by 4th june

Doesn't say that anywhere in the season ticket book or on the actual voucher.
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 20:47 - Apr 30 with 3045 viewsjustanillusion

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 20:44 - Apr 30 by onedalefan

Doesn't say that anywhere in the season ticket book or on the actual voucher.

Fast becoming a speciality at Rochdale "masters of the small print"
Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 21:01 - Apr 30 with 3014 viewsonedalefan

Season Ticket Renewal / Purchase update on 20:47 - Apr 30 by justanillusion

Fast becoming a speciality at Rochdale "masters of the small print"

How I have understood / read so far. I have a voucher in a current season ticket book that is valid to buy a new season ticket with £25 off at any time until the new season starts. If I buy a new ticket before June 4th, I will get another voucher for the same offer next year (with other vouchers worth £75 that I won't use). If I renew just before the new season starts, I won't get any vouchers for the following season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024