Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Dale kits 2016/17 09:04 - Apr 30 with 24209 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/the-big-reveal-the-winners-are-3086484

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 18:39 - May 1 with 3929 viewspioneer

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 17:37 - May 1 by SaxonDale

Does it not bother you in the slightest that the black and blue stripes alternate in order on the neck and sleeve trims?

All depends on your perspective, order of stipes same if you work from the shirt outwards!

I am. big fan of symmetry in shirt designs so would have preferred the stripe options. The one exception to this being Peru's national strip which is the best of the lot.
New Dale kits 2016/17 on 21:40 - May 1 with 3813 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Well done all who contributed to a successful initiative.

Democracy rules.

YOU REDS (whitey stylee)
New Dale kits 2016/17 on 22:03 - May 1 with 3788 views442Dale

Another picture of the kits.

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 22:18 - May 1 with 3763 viewswmgunit

Exiled Dale fan who is keen to order a shirt online. The club don't want to make it easy though, it seems. There's no size guide online, so I'm wondering what chest size a medium is? Have a couple of the fila kits and always went medium, but a browse online suggests errea kits are a tight fit generally.

Any help much appreciated.
New Dale kits 2016/17 on 03:14 - May 2 with 3669 viewsdownunder

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 11:39 - Apr 30 by YouTubeDale

I haven't been down to the shop yet but I am expecting garibaldi and white scarves to be served up as well.😎

If it was a women's shop then you would get matching garibaldi handbags too, in other women's shops perhaps garibaldi underpants with Up the Dale on the front. (Playing away ONLY).

More marketing ideas...😀

Biscuits?
Agree with the majority, the home kit is excellent. The centenary shirt was good, and this gives a nod to that shirt.
Is it worth the price of the flights to pick one up in person? I think I need another excuse to visit.
New Dale kits 2016/17 on 16:51 - May 2 with 3476 viewsFatCat

Any one tried buying the new kits online?
Have just tried and I keep getting 'out of stock'.
New Dale kits 2016/17 on 15:50 - May 3 with 3260 viewsChaffRAFC

Both kits look very good. Love the red shirt and will almost certainly buy that one. Congratulations to both winners.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 11:57 - May 4 with 3059 viewsstuartcryer

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 09:29 - Apr 30 by roccydaleian

I voted for both of the winners.

yes well done to my mate mark for getting the nod on the kit

wardle blue

Login to get fewer ads

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 12:08 - Feb 23 with 2354 viewsDaleiLama

I worry for 442's health if this is adopted? Countdown to apoplexy ..........?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 13:26 - Feb 23 with 2213 views442Dale

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 12:08 - Feb 23 by DaleiLama

I worry for 442's health if this is adopted? Countdown to apoplexy ..........?

Socks are a fascinating subject. Some thoughts...

I'm sure many of you will have noticed Leicester avoiding a DARK SOCKS CLASH against Sevilla last night. Now while such actions should be applauded, we have to analyse the overall result: they looked like Chelsea. Man Utd have often taken to changing their socks from the usual black when facing teams who wear blue; see their cup tie at Blackburn on Sunday when they were in a quite magnificent red shirts/black shorts/white socks ensemble.

Studying United's sock choices over the years open a proper Pandora's box of colours as they have utilised white quite a lot. European nights at Old Trafford always see white socks now, something that has been firmly in place since the successful 98/99 campaign. Overlooked by a lot of the footballing fraternity (where football people are littered everywhere blaming Jason Pearce for any kit clashes) is that United went through a stage of using white socks for home league games. Think back to Wayne Rooney's thunderous volley against Newcastle and it's not the goal that stands out, rather the white socks used against the black worn by the visiting Geordies. Now you may think the blame lies with Newcastle here, however they've regularly employed alternative socks when visiting Old Trafford and would gladly have done so again. No, this was a Ferguson decision. Further examples would crop up randomly against the likes of Bolton and Chelsea amongst others. Fascinating.

On the flip side of this magnificence is the farcical nature of Nike forcing a stark sock-based contrast to the rest of their kits on sides across the globe over the last year. We can glory in the traditional use of a different colour for socks a la Rangers or Sevilla (#fullcircle), or the wondrous avoidance of a colour clash, but we must never, ever stand for some lazy attempt at creating a trend. The subject raises my ire somewhat, so we'll leave it there for a while why I calm down watching Liverpool using black shorts and yellow socks at Watford; the entire pitch resembling a Belgian flag-esque cacophony of colour.

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 14:27 - Feb 23 with 2118 viewsAtThePeake

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 13:26 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Socks are a fascinating subject. Some thoughts...

I'm sure many of you will have noticed Leicester avoiding a DARK SOCKS CLASH against Sevilla last night. Now while such actions should be applauded, we have to analyse the overall result: they looked like Chelsea. Man Utd have often taken to changing their socks from the usual black when facing teams who wear blue; see their cup tie at Blackburn on Sunday when they were in a quite magnificent red shirts/black shorts/white socks ensemble.

Studying United's sock choices over the years open a proper Pandora's box of colours as they have utilised white quite a lot. European nights at Old Trafford always see white socks now, something that has been firmly in place since the successful 98/99 campaign. Overlooked by a lot of the footballing fraternity (where football people are littered everywhere blaming Jason Pearce for any kit clashes) is that United went through a stage of using white socks for home league games. Think back to Wayne Rooney's thunderous volley against Newcastle and it's not the goal that stands out, rather the white socks used against the black worn by the visiting Geordies. Now you may think the blame lies with Newcastle here, however they've regularly employed alternative socks when visiting Old Trafford and would gladly have done so again. No, this was a Ferguson decision. Further examples would crop up randomly against the likes of Bolton and Chelsea amongst others. Fascinating.

On the flip side of this magnificence is the farcical nature of Nike forcing a stark sock-based contrast to the rest of their kits on sides across the globe over the last year. We can glory in the traditional use of a different colour for socks a la Rangers or Sevilla (#fullcircle), or the wondrous avoidance of a colour clash, but we must never, ever stand for some lazy attempt at creating a trend. The subject raises my ire somewhat, so we'll leave it there for a while why I calm down watching Liverpool using black shorts and yellow socks at Watford; the entire pitch resembling a Belgian flag-esque cacophony of colour.

442 - Do you know why Spurs always seem to wear white shorts in Europe compared to the usual navy blue in the league?

Tangled up in blue.

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 14:56 - Feb 23 with 2087 views442Dale

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 14:27 - Feb 23 by AtThePeake

442 - Do you know why Spurs always seem to wear white shorts in Europe compared to the usual navy blue in the league?

It's something they've always done in Europe right back to the 60s. Think Bill Nicholson introduced it and they've done it ever since. Any further insight as a Spurs fan?

It would look strange now if I saw them in navy shorts in Europe now, we're wired to expect white.

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 17:45 - Feb 23 with 1942 viewsAtThePeake

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 14:56 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

It's something they've always done in Europe right back to the 60s. Think Bill Nicholson introduced it and they've done it ever since. Any further insight as a Spurs fan?

It would look strange now if I saw them in navy shorts in Europe now, we're wired to expect white.

Nope, genuinely never knew why they did it! I seem to remember in the last Champions League campaign UEFA made us wear the same combination as we did in the league in home games, so we wore blue shorts in a couple of the group stage matches before they quite rightly decided it didn't matter and we reversed back to all white just in time for a certain Mr Bale to score a hat-trick at the San Siro.

We've had a couple of all-white kits for the league too but I prefer the navy shorts personally.

Tangled up in blue.

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 20:17 - Feb 23 with 1840 viewsColDale

Only heard recently about the rules Arsenal have with kits, whereby if the captain wears long sleeves, they all wear long sleeves, and short sleeves if he prefers them. Walcott has received stick for not following these rules (as opposed to receiving stick for not being any better than he was when he was 18).
New Dale kits 2016/17 on 20:42 - Feb 23 with 1818 views442Dale

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 20:17 - Feb 23 by ColDale

Only heard recently about the rules Arsenal have with kits, whereby if the captain wears long sleeves, they all wear long sleeves, and short sleeves if he prefers them. Walcott has received stick for not following these rules (as opposed to receiving stick for not being any better than he was when he was 18).

He was captain against Sutton in short sleeves the other night. Other players wore long versions. Basically he's ruined it for everyone.

Also noticeable that long sleeve shirts are making a bit of a comeback. The base layer tops were everywhere for so long but it seems some players are going old-school again. Long sleeve wearers at Dale recently include Thompson, Rafferty, Henderson, Rathbone and NML.

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 05:17 - Feb 24 with 1711 viewsShun

Has there been any news about next year's kit? I hope the club deem the ideas behind this year's, including the big involvement of the fans, as a success.
New Dale kits 2016/17 on 11:43 - Feb 24 with 1614 viewsBendy

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 05:17 - Feb 24 by Shun

Has there been any news about next year's kit? I hope the club deem the ideas behind this year's, including the big involvement of the fans, as a success.

Personally I would keep the same ones as this year, as it means that the supporters who buy them don't have to fork out for another! But that isn't good business sense...

Mind you, keep them the same and then stick another £20 on the season ticket price to compensate. I think I am joking there
New Dale kits 2016/17 on 18:18 - Feb 24 with 1475 viewsrochedale

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 11:43 - Feb 24 by Bendy

Personally I would keep the same ones as this year, as it means that the supporters who buy them don't have to fork out for another! But that isn't good business sense...

Mind you, keep them the same and then stick another £20 on the season ticket price to compensate. I think I am joking there

Has that happened in recent times? Can't recall us having the same kit for 2 seasons running, but I've never been blessed with a great memory. No doubt someone can confirm the last time we had the same kit 2 successive seasons. I personally enjoy the new kit revelation and anticipation leading up to it.

Would love us to have an Adidas kit, please...

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 19:33 - Feb 24 with 1418 viewsChaffRAFC

Adidas is the dream. Always worn it, was delighted when United reverted back to Adidas and their kits are ace it has to be said.

Nothing wrong with the designs for Errea but the quality is pretty poor and the sizing is beyond a joke. My XL United shirt is bigger than a XXXL Dale top!

Are we with Errea for next season? When does our sponsorship end with them? If we've got another season to endure then I personally would love us to go with that one off poppy shirt we brought out this year as next seasons home shirt. Very smart looking shirt. Really like this seasons away kit and would love to keep that if possible but obviously we wont and presumably we'll revert back to a kit that isn't red.

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 20:47 - Feb 24 with 1386 viewsTVOS1907

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 19:33 - Feb 24 by ChaffRAFC

Adidas is the dream. Always worn it, was delighted when United reverted back to Adidas and their kits are ace it has to be said.

Nothing wrong with the designs for Errea but the quality is pretty poor and the sizing is beyond a joke. My XL United shirt is bigger than a XXXL Dale top!

Are we with Errea for next season? When does our sponsorship end with them? If we've got another season to endure then I personally would love us to go with that one off poppy shirt we brought out this year as next seasons home shirt. Very smart looking shirt. Really like this seasons away kit and would love to keep that if possible but obviously we wont and presumably we'll revert back to a kit that isn't red.

We've got Errea for another year, Chaff.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 21:09 - Feb 24 with 1389 viewsChaffRAFC

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 20:47 - Feb 24 by TVOS1907

We've got Errea for another year, Chaff.

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 21:29 - Feb 24 with 1367 viewsTVOS1907

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 21:09 - Feb 24 by ChaffRAFC

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New Dale kits 2016/17 on 21:41 - Feb 24 with 1347 viewsSaxonDale

Surely a quick and easy solution which I presume the majority of fans would be happy with would be simply to make both runners up of last years comp the new shirts for next season. Whatever decision is made I'm sure Russ Green will be at the forefront of it all, hoping to please fans and thus maximise shirt sales income.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024