Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scunthorpe Utd 18:42 - Apr 30 with 2694 viewsdingdangblue

5 wins on the bounce! Level on points with Barnsley. Can see them snatching that 6th spot next Sunday with a win at Sheffield Utd.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Scunthorpe Utd on 18:45 - Apr 30 with 2665 viewsD_Alien

Yep, they've come from nowhere.

Barnsley conceding in the 98th minute in front of 12000 must have been a right bummer.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scunthorpe Utd on 19:01 - Apr 30 with 2605 viewsdingdangblue

Scunthorpe Utd on 18:45 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

Yep, they've come from nowhere.

Barnsley conceding in the 98th minute in front of 12000 must have been a right bummer.

I could see it coming a mile off that Colchester result. They've been so over confident on their forum all week - like they just had to turn up and claim their play off place. Hope Whitey's not booked his hotel room yet.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Scunthorpe Utd on 19:34 - Apr 30 with 2522 viewsD_Dale

Scunthorpe Utd on 19:01 - Apr 30 by dingdangblue

I could see it coming a mile off that Colchester result. They've been so over confident on their forum all week - like they just had to turn up and claim their play off place. Hope Whitey's not booked his hotel room yet.

Barnsley's form has been uneven of late, though I suppose they might pull it off next Sunday at Wigan.

As for Colchester, in their eleven games since 1st March, when they won their first league game since 20 October, their form hasn't been too bad: lost 4, drawn 4 and won 3. A week tomorrow could see quite a close match.
Scunthorpe Utd on 20:19 - Apr 30 with 2416 viewsDomDale

Probably my least favourite away day. Hope they do it and go up. Might give our board a kick in the arse that small clubs can sustain a promotion.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Scunthorpe Utd on 21:29 - Apr 30 with 2331 viewsTalkingSutty

Scunthorpe Utd on 20:19 - Apr 30 by DomDale

Probably my least favourite away day. Hope they do it and go up. Might give our board a kick in the arse that small clubs can sustain a promotion.

Scunthorpe are backed by money men I think and pay good wages, that's why Dawson jumped ship last season. We don't compete with Scunthorpe when it comes to annual playing budgets I wouldn't have thought.
Scunthorpe Utd on 21:38 - Apr 30 with 2302 viewsdingdangblue

Scunthorpe Utd on 21:29 - Apr 30 by TalkingSutty

Scunthorpe are backed by money men I think and pay good wages, that's why Dawson jumped ship last season. We don't compete with Scunthorpe when it comes to annual playing budgets I wouldn't have thought.

Aye - think they're moving to a new stadium next season too.

Scunthorpe Utd on 23:23 - Apr 30 with 2184 viewsWhiteyBFC

Scunthorpe Utd on 19:01 - Apr 30 by dingdangblue

We should have won today, but Colchester were a good opponent who came here to win and I think in the circumstances it's difficult to begrudge them the point. Hats off to the 100 or so fans who came up from Essex. Mentalists. Bet that felt nice though, a 98th minute leveller. Good luck to them. No easy games at this stage. Been none all season if I'm honest. A very competitive division, but so many clubs lacking consistency. How we've even got to this stage with a shot of the playoffs is anyone's guess.

Will Sheff Utd lay down and try to spoil things for us? Will Gillingham sneak it? Or will we go and turn over the champions on their own patch?

Who knows? But it's bloody exciting. And if we don't make the playoffs, I'd still be satisfied with our campaign overall. If we hadn't had that once in a generation run of successive defeats, if we'd won just one of those games (Scunny away obviously) then...?

Seen us lift a trophy at Wembley too. Not a great season, but after ups and downs, a satisfying campaign, something to build on.

If we get into the playoffs, it's a lottery.

You Reds.
Scunthorpe Utd on 23:40 - Apr 30 with 2140 viewsDaley_Lama

Good luck Whitey, you might be wishing for a Blades win for the first time in your life.

League winners away on the last day is as hard as it comes, they are a fine league 1 team.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Scunthorpe Utd on 23:56 - Apr 30 with 2109 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Scunthorpe Utd on 23:40 - Apr 30 by Daley_Lama

Good luck Whitey, you might be wishing for a Blades win for the first time in your life.

League winners away on the last day is as hard as it comes, they are a fine league 1 team.

Watch that Jason Pearce.
Scunthorpe Utd on 00:23 - May 1 with 2062 viewsdingdangblue

Noticed Stephen Dawson with a superb run and assist for the Scunthorpe winner today. Really fancy their chances of getting that 6th spot now. Barnsley going to Wigan is looking an awful lot trickier than Scunny going to Sheffield Utd.

Scunthorpe Utd on 04:48 - May 1 with 1976 viewsTalkingSutty

Scunthorpe Utd on 23:23 - Apr 30 by WhiteyBFC

We should have won today, but Colchester were a good opponent who came here to win and I think in the circumstances it's difficult to begrudge them the point. Hats off to the 100 or so fans who came up from Essex. Mentalists. Bet that felt nice though, a 98th minute leveller. Good luck to them. No easy games at this stage. Been none all season if I'm honest. A very competitive division, but so many clubs lacking consistency. How we've even got to this stage with a shot of the playoffs is anyone's guess.

Will Sheff Utd lay down and try to spoil things for us? Will Gillingham sneak it? Or will we go and turn over the champions on their own patch?

Who knows? But it's bloody exciting. And if we don't make the playoffs, I'd still be satisfied with our campaign overall. If we hadn't had that once in a generation run of successive defeats, if we'd won just one of those games (Scunny away obviously) then...?

Seen us lift a trophy at Wembley too. Not a great season, but after ups and downs, a satisfying campaign, something to build on.

If we get into the playoffs, it's a lottery.

You Reds.

You've had a good season.
Scunthorpe Utd on 12:32 - May 1 with 1751 viewsD_Dale

Scunthorpe Utd on 04:48 - May 1 by TalkingSutty

You've had a good season.

Although that six weeks in October and November - eight consecutive league defeats plus knocked out of the FA Cup by Altrincham - must have tried the patience even of a fan as saintly as Whitey. (But how we laughed!)
Scunthorpe Utd on 16:03 - May 1 with 1612 viewsWhiteyBFC

Scunthorpe Utd on 00:23 - May 1 by dingdangblue

Noticed Stephen Dawson with a superb run and assist for the Scunthorpe winner today. Really fancy their chances of getting that 6th spot now. Barnsley going to Wigan is looking an awful lot trickier than Scunny going to Sheffield Utd.

We turned them over at the DW in the JPT. On penalties like, but we mullered them really. Was surprised at how ordinary they were. But then they came to Oakwell in the league and were too good for us, won 2-0. The only match we've lost during this incredible run of form that we never looked like getting owt from. So aye, it's going to be some task, beating them. But maybe we won't need to? Us, Scunny and Gills could all lose and we'll still get 6th. Maybe.
Scunthorpe Utd on 16:04 - May 1 with 1607 viewsWhiteyBFC

Scunthorpe Utd on 23:40 - Apr 30 by Daley_Lama

I can never hope for a Sheff Utd win. Not even if these circumstances. I can hope for a Scunny defeat though.
Scunthorpe Utd on 16:06 - May 1 with 1602 viewsWhiteyBFC

Scunthorpe Utd on 12:32 - May 1 by D_Dale

Although that six weeks in October and November - eight consecutive league defeats plus knocked out of the FA Cup by Altrincham - must have tried the patience even of a fan as saintly as Whitey. (But how we laughed!)

I was laughing when we dicked you 6-1.

*friendly banter*
Scunthorpe Utd on 10:49 - May 2 with 1436 viewsD_Dale

Scunthorpe Utd on 16:06 - May 1 by WhiteyBFC

I was laughing when we dicked you 6-1.

*friendly banter*

Fair enough, that result must be - so far - the highlight of the Tykes' season, even better than winning a cup.

A pity, back in August, Dale took their foot of the gas when 3-0 up.

Maybe, come Sunday, Wigan won't make the effort to reach the 90-points mark and Scunny will have run out of steam.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024