Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No-one's mentioned those drums? 00:00 - May 1 with 6113 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Love the Sandy re-action..........any other comments?
No-one's mentioned those drums? on 00:05 - May 1 with 6084 viewsShun

Thought the Sandy reaction was a bit bizarre tbh, chanting 'Fück off' to a pair of ?10 year olds.
No-one's mentioned those drums? on 00:07 - May 1 with 6070 viewsDaley_Lama

I wasn't aware of the Sandy reaction tonthe drums til told after the match, thought the chants were towards the away fans.

Dale 2015-2016 and previous don't do drums, with 11,000 kids next season, it might be exactly what is needed.

Poll: DF in or out

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 00:14 - May 1 with 6058 viewsRotherhamDale

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 00:05 - May 1 by Shun

Thought the Sandy reaction was a bit bizarre tbh, chanting 'Fück off' to a pair of ?10 year olds.

They were laughing at the 'f off' chants to be fair. The other songs were a bit odd though.

Possession with progression.

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 08:13 - May 1 with 5798 views1907

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 00:14 - May 1 by RotherhamDale

They were laughing at the 'f off' chants to be fair. The other songs were a bit odd though.

I know quite a few loyal Dale fans that are coming out of the Sandy Lane this season due to morons and the final realisation that the view is awful. Agree about finding it a bit bizarre that the fans were chanting F Off at some kids the club had clearly used to test the waters with something different. So many people moan the club do nothing to promote anything, yet whenever they do try something they're shot down. Catch 22. At the end of the day the atmosphere in the ground 80% of the time is dire. Anything is an improvement.
No-one's mentioned those drums? on 09:39 - May 1 with 5654 viewsKenBoon

Those click-y things in the Pearl Street are a form of torture. I am not joking. I was on the verge of leaving. Drums are tin pot, but those click click click click... are a form of torture that some international law should protect me from.
No-one's mentioned those drums? on 10:21 - May 1 with 5555 views_dezzy

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 09:39 - May 1 by KenBoon

Those click-y things in the Pearl Street are a form of torture. I am not joking. I was on the verge of leaving. Drums are tin pot, but those click click click click... are a form of torture that some international law should protect me from.

Clicky clacky, ? I thought there was Rattle snakes on the loose

KHBA

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 10:22 - May 1 with 5551 viewsLuke8686

Just wait til next season when we start handing out vuvuzelas to all the kids..
No-one's mentioned those drums? on 10:36 - May 1 with 5491 viewsRooleyblue

Yesterday the two young lads had a chap with them taking them around the ground. It looks like they were testing the response from the crowd.
If we want to attract young children then unfortunately we will have to accommodate the drums somewhere as it will stop the kids getting bored and they can get involved.
However I would have to take a NIMBY stance as having the drums banging near myself for 90 mins would drive me nuts. So it is imperative that the junior section must be given a section of the ground IE the family stand in the TDS.
Supporters can then make the decision whether to sit nearwith them etc...
Login to get fewer ads

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 10:36 - May 1 with 5490 viewsToffeemanc

The noise from those happy clapper glove things is just plain annoying. Even my 16 year old was complaining about how irritating they were.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 10:58 - May 1 with 5425 viewsYouTubeDale

Good try by the club,trying to push the boundaries but the young lads were a bit wet,lacking passion. I suppose the crowd response didn't encourage them.We have a better drummer who uses the wall at Chesterfield,for example. This drummer debate has been done to death with the overall opinion that Dale don't do drums.

I am thinking of going to Stanley next Saturday V Stevenage again and remind myself how they do things.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 11:31 - May 1 with 5330 views_dezzy

I've heard a few people go on about going to Accy, Could be a very full ground on Sat up there.

KHBA

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 12:23 - May 1 with 5232 viewsSandyman

Drums are plain annoying and mongy. If this doesn't put you off the idea, nothing will.

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 19:07 - May 2 with 4793 viewsNinco

I don't have a problem with musical instruments if they are played by people who can play them and if we don't get the same tune over and over again.
No-one's mentioned those drums? on 19:33 - May 2 with 4738 viewsMoonyDale

Anyone who wants to play a drum or blow a trumpet should join a fkin orchestra, no place for them at a football match. They are tinpottery at its worst and if one appeared in the Sandy the owner would be wearing it as a necklace.......
[Post edited 2 May 2016 19:33]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 20:46 - May 2 with 4653 viewsBartRowou

I'll tell you what it is with the drums. It's nothing against the kids or the idea; it's the lack of communication from the club as per usual. Why not ask fans in advance? Why not gauge views about it on social media? Why not allocate an area of the ground where they and their mates can go? If you ask fans and make them part of the process, good things can happen (the new kits being the obvious example).

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

No-one's mentioned those drums? on 08:21 - May 3 with 4466 viewsKenBoon

I laughed heartily at the "f**k off" response to the drum, but tbh I don't have a major problem with one. Stick it in the family stand, get some face painting going. Give out sugar to get kids hypo and let them make some noise. Air Horns, Vuvuze.... horns both cut through any atmosphere and kill it. Drums generally don't, they're just tin-pot and I guess can help an atmosphere. If da kids like them then let them have one. I havedistant memories of one being in the Sandy.

BUT if we ever get a brass f**king band then i'm going rogue.
No-one's mentioned those drums? on 09:55 - May 3 with 4402 viewsdalenumber2

In my opinion, drums only work if they accompany the singing/chanting of the crowd. Whoever is drumming should be aware of rhythms that will add weight to the noise the crowd is making (if any) certainly not just banging out the same rhythm all the time like on Saturday. I'm not blaming the kids who were playing the drum, but the club could have co-ordinated it better, given them some drumming tips and also made the fans aware then they might have had a better reception.
No-one's mentioned those drums? on 13:16 - May 3 with 4237 viewsJL_Dale

Ironically, the only time I could hear the Sandy Lane sing on Saturday was when they were singing "F*ck Off".

Fair play to the club for trying it out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024