Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Leicester 22:45 - May 2 with 5446 viewsR17ALE

They deserve a congratulations thread of their own.

They've stuck it up the fancied clubs big time in the same way we like to think we do, albeit at our lower level.

It doesn't seem five minutes since Jimmy Graham was putting us 1-0 up against them in the League Cup in 1993.

We lost 6-1 eventually!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Well done Leicester on 22:51 - May 2 with 5423 viewsSuddenLad

It was a good goal though !! Fair play to Leicester. They deserve it.........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Well done Leicester on 23:04 - May 2 with 5387 viewsBrierls

As I said on the other thread...simply brilliant.

I fully expect this Leicester team to be dismantled by the big hitters and their £££££ in the summer, but not before they achieved the 'impossible' and changed top flight English football forever.

Vardy, Mahrez and Kante will (deservedly) get the main plaudits, but the whole squad worked their socks off for each other all season long. Morgan and Huth absolute rocks at the back, Kasper the grasper outstanding behind them, Drinkwater keeping the ball ticking over and dictating the pace of the game.

We think we have (had?) a philosohy of "No Fear"...Leicester have shown everybody that approach can work even at the highest level.

Simply brilliant.
Well done Leicester on 23:04 - May 2 with 5381 viewsSuddenLad

Seven years ago today Leicester won the League One title by beating Crewe 3-0.

#sevenyearplan

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Well done Leicester on 23:06 - May 2 with 5368 viewsolympicdale

A fantastic achievement, showing what team spirit and togetherness can get you. A modern day sporting miracle that may never be repeated. A great day for football, a story that will send shock waves throughout europe, giving hope for any team with the right circumstances can be champions.

I have never celebrated a Chelsea goal so much in my life when Hazard scored. Really chuffed for Ranieri too, a genuinely nice guy, truly amazing.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 23:16]

Life is a game of fate.

Well done Leicester on 23:07 - May 2 with 5367 viewsDySporting

It's brilliant for football. I think the team will stay together, with the money coming into the club they can compete with the old 'big 5/6'
Well done Leicester on 23:07 - May 2 with 5366 viewsTVOS1907

[Post edited 2 May 2016 23:08]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Well done Leicester on 23:09 - May 2 with 5357 viewsswiggy

Is that the same Kaspar Scmeichel who was pants for Notts Cheatty (lol)
Well done Leicester on 23:19 - May 2 with 5318 viewssweetcorn

Well done Leicester on 23:04 - May 2 by Brierls

As I said on the other thread...simply brilliant.

I fully expect this Leicester team to be dismantled by the big hitters and their £££££ in the summer, but not before they achieved the 'impossible' and changed top flight English football forever.

Vardy, Mahrez and Kante will (deservedly) get the main plaudits, but the whole squad worked their socks off for each other all season long. Morgan and Huth absolute rocks at the back, Kasper the grasper outstanding behind them, Drinkwater keeping the ball ticking over and dictating the pace of the game.

We think we have (had?) a philosohy of "No Fear"...Leicester have shown everybody that approach can work even at the highest level.

Simply brilliant.

Superb achievement and one im glad to see.

Leicester having the worst pass completion rate in the entire league makes the achievement even more staggering.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Leicester on 23:33 - May 2 with 5276 viewsD_Alien

This is what makes sport so spellbinding. From being almost relegation certs with a few games to go last season to little more than 12 months later winning - and it may be by a considerable points margin - the premier league title.

Unbelieveable Gary!

Will be fascinating to see how they handle the Champions League next season but for now - a massive party and totally deserved. Pleased for Ranieri too, one of the good guys of football management. Also, spare a thought for Nigel Pearson. It's basically his team, but taken to a new level.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Well done Leicester on 01:04 - May 3 with 5182 viewsDaley_Lama

Commiserations to Tottenham too.

Their football this season has been great to watch. Kane up front is awesome, Alli equally so. All across their team they play fast flowing football with the likes of Walker and Dier in the team, a strong English spine.

Where all the "big" teams look tired and rather plodding, they shone this season.

They are by no means a cheap team but they have made this season doubley refreshing and sadly for them, they came second.

The nation would have rejoiced had it been them usurping Chlesea, Arsenal, Man U, Man C, Liverpool etc without Leicester, the foxes achievements undoubtedly takes the shine off their own achievements, which are great in themselves.

Poll: DF in or out

Well done Leicester on 04:16 - May 3 with 5128 viewsNigeriamark

Well done Leicester on 01:04 - May 3 by Daley_Lama

Commiserations to Tottenham too.

Their football this season has been great to watch. Kane up front is awesome, Alli equally so. All across their team they play fast flowing football with the likes of Walker and Dier in the team, a strong English spine.

Where all the "big" teams look tired and rather plodding, they shone this season.

They are by no means a cheap team but they have made this season doubley refreshing and sadly for them, they came second.

The nation would have rejoiced had it been them usurping Chlesea, Arsenal, Man U, Man C, Liverpool etc without Leicester, the foxes achievements undoubtedly takes the shine off their own achievements, which are great in themselves.

Well done Leicester

Bit of an X-rated match last night, although compelling viewing - Tottenham are a very good side, but completely melted down in the second half. Ref did well although it was amazing that there was not a red ( Dier should have gone at the end). 9 yellows for Spurs, a record they won't want
Well done Leicester on 06:48 - May 3 with 5073 viewsaleanddale

Congratulations Leicester.

Two best sides to watch this season will finish 1 and 2.

Fantastic that the prem has been shaken up a bit!.
Well done Leicester on 07:22 - May 3 with 5032 viewsBraemar60

The Labour Party has sent its congratulations to Chelsea FC for their efforts last night. Later today there is a Reception at Labour HQ where the Chelsea first team squad will be given Life Membership of the Party
Well done Leicester on 07:44 - May 3 with 4996 viewsDaley_Lama

Tottenham did indeed lose it last night as their chances disappeared, but it is hardly surprising given their opponents.

They've been that awful this season that I've hardly seen then, but within 15 minutes I recognised the usual haranguing of the referee. As the match wore on, every foul was escalated into WW2 and John Terry did relay sprints from defence to melee again and again.

Chelsea's approach was no further exemplified by their free-kick in the 96th minute direct in front of the net when it was all over for Tottenham but Chelsea could win the game for themselves. They passed it out to the corner to waste time. They were the spoilers, a role that suited them to a tee.

That's not a defence of Tottenham, there was lots of naughtiness on their part and they will get their just deserts no doubt.

Poll: DF in or out

Well done Leicester on 07:58 - May 3 with 4963 viewselectricblue

Well done Leicester City..
Their endless engery and a no fear attitude was a breath of fresh air to watch...
They made teams like city and chelski look slow and old....

Leicester winning the prem is a lot better for the game than any of the usual top 4 teams......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Well done Leicester on 08:14 - May 3 with 4940 viewsKenBoon

I loved that match last night. The "think of the children" brigade are outraged, but i'd far rather watch that than the 'he felt a touch so went over' bollocks. What do you know, everyone walked off the pitch too. I'm sure the ills of the game will be addressed by the FA and suspensions will be handed on.

Leicester City obv superb. Given the money all the teams get things like this should be possible. They've done it by nailing every part of their squad and management team. The team has overcome the individuals. It's superb, Clive.
Well done Leicester on 08:40 - May 3 with 4913 viewselectricblue

When chelski suddenly found themsleves two goals
down how many suddenly thought thats it and its going into another game...
I did and i turned the game off as chelski where all over the place and spurs where looking rather rampant....
Needless to say that chelski scraped a draw in the end.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Well done Leicester on 10:55 - May 3 with 4782 viewswimborne_dale

Well done Leicester City. You've given us all a license to dream.
Now where did I put that betting slip?

Edgar Allan's Crow

Well done Leicester on 10:18 - May 4 with 4435 viewsdingdangblue

Fantastic scenes.

2 Jamie Vardy's

[Post edited 4 May 2016 10:20]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024