Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lancs 14:06 - May 3 with 5577 viewsD_Alien

Day 3 at Taunton, and after posting 493-9d (Livingstone maiden ton), Lancs have Somerset at 103-5

Jimmy Anderson's just taken 3 wickets in an over

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lancs on 16:46 - May 12 with 1895 viewspioneer

Lancs on 15:21 - May 12 by aleanddale

Ah I see....

Yep missed it.... Edit now read it. Some witty responses we really have some quick witted funny posters who contribute on this forum!!!

I am always a little of the mark should have put IMO after my post!

Hilly is our greatest ever manager with TWO promotions on his CV and a record points haul - 3rd tier.

Not sure how that could be contested!!!

Back to lancs this thread could be an interesting read in September!!
[Post edited 12 May 2016 15:30]

How does third tier record of 'won 19 drawn 12' better a third tier record of won 25 drawn 12 (and from fewer games)?

Where did you study maths?

Hill's promotions came from third place in fourth tier, shame there was no promotion from second place in third tier - otherwise we would have already had a history of 2nd tier football long before Hill.

I am not knocking the bloke - he has been and done great things and hopefully will continue to do so. I really hope he can get 25 wins next season.

But lets continue with the myth. He is the best manager in our history, like Maggie was the best prime minister

(just want to rattle Dalian's cage a bit).

Count to ten......
Lancs on 17:43 - May 12 with 1856 viewsD_Alien

Lancs on 16:46 - May 12 by pioneer

How does third tier record of 'won 19 drawn 12' better a third tier record of won 25 drawn 12 (and from fewer games)?

Where did you study maths?

Hill's promotions came from third place in fourth tier, shame there was no promotion from second place in third tier - otherwise we would have already had a history of 2nd tier football long before Hill.

I am not knocking the bloke - he has been and done great things and hopefully will continue to do so. I really hope he can get 25 wins next season.

But lets continue with the myth. He is the best manager in our history, like Maggie was the best prime minister

(just want to rattle Dalian's cage a bit).

Count to ten......

Eleven

Lancs on 17:44 - May 12 with 1852 viewsD_Alien

Lancs on 15:21 - May 12 by aleanddale

Ah I see....

Yep missed it.... Edit now read it. Some witty responses we really have some quick witted funny posters who contribute on this forum!!!

I am always a little of the mark should have put IMO after my post!

Hilly is our greatest ever manager with TWO promotions on his CV and a record points haul - 3rd tier.

Not sure how that could be contested!!!

Back to lancs this thread could be an interesting read in September!!
[Post edited 12 May 2016 15:30]

Aye, and a scenario is developing where Lancs & Yorks could be going toe to toe for the top spot all summer! Hope so!

Lancs on 17:38 - May 17 with 1742 viewsD_Alien

Up against it at Chester-le-Street

Durham currently 200-3 on day 3 after taking a first innings lead of 85

Should be a good test of Lancs resolve if they can salvage a draw. Their first innings of 326 was a good effort and we haven't shown any capacity for collapsing so far. Haseeb Hameed, 19yo opener, showing a great deal of promise as a difficult man to prise out.

Lancs on 19:41 - May 17 with 1682 viewsisitme

Lancs on 17:38 - May 17 by D_Alien

Up against it at Chester-le-Street

Durham currently 200-3 on day 3 after taking a first innings lead of 85

Should be a good test of Lancs resolve if they can salvage a draw. Their first innings of 326 was a good effort and we haven't shown any capacity for collapsing so far. Haseeb Hameed, 19yo opener, showing a great deal of promise as a difficult man to prise out.

It is supposed to be raining heavy tomorrow so the elements may save us. Hameed has made a good start to the season, especially considering his age and some of the situations he has batted in.
Lancs on 13:11 - May 18 with 1577 viewsD_Alien

Lancs 105-5 at lunch (chasing an irrelevant 325) and the weather's set fair

With an unlikely 69 overs still to negotiate, looks like we'll slip to our first defeat

Lancs on 15:40 - May 18 with 1529 viewsisitme

Lancs on 13:11 - May 18 by D_Alien

Lancs 105-5 at lunch (chasing an irrelevant 325) and the weather's set fair

With an unlikely 69 overs still to negotiate, looks like we'll slip to our first defeat

So much for the expected bad weather!
Lancs on 16:20 - May 18 with 1495 viewsD_Alien

Lancs on 15:40 - May 18 by isitme

So much for the expected bad weather!

Handy little half-century partnership between Livingstone & Jarvis... won't last of course.

238-8 and at least we've made decent fist of it.

Login to get fewer ads

Lancs on 20:10 - May 18 with 1416 viewswimborne_dale

Durham always seem to do well against us. However we're still only 5 points off the top with a game in hand.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Lancs on 17:03 - May 22 with 1306 viewsBigKindo

Surrey won the toss and decided to bat. Surrey 127 for 7. Jarvis 6 for 61
Lancs on 18:12 - May 22 with 1279 viewsBigKindo

Surrey all out for 191
Lancs on 13:09 - May 24 with 1199 viewsD_Alien

Lunch on day 3, and after taking a first innings lead of 203 Lancs have Surrey at 58-2 with Sangakarra out

On course for another win then, but need to wrap things up fairly quickly with the forecast for tomorrow not great

[Post edited 24 May 2016 13:10]

Lancs on 14:43 - May 24 with 1133 viewsmoth5368

Lancs on 13:09 - May 24 by D_Alien

Lunch on day 3, and after taking a first innings lead of 203 Lancs have Surrey at 58-2 with Sangakarra out

On course for another win then, but need to wrap things up fairly quickly with the forecast for tomorrow not great

[Post edited 24 May 2016 13:10]

Looks like they took your comment on board. Surrey now 84-8.
Lancs on 15:14 - May 24 with 1100 viewsD_Alien

Lancs on 14:43 - May 24 by moth5368

Looks like they took your comment on board. Surrey now 84-8.

Great comeback after losing to Durham - must be hearing good things from Ashley Giles!

Absolute rout, an innings and 96 with Jarvis taking 11 in the match. Not even missing Jimmy Anderson & Jos Buttler.

Lancs on 17:44 - May 25 with 980 viewswimborne_dale

We're top and we know we are!

Edgar Allan's Crow

Lancs on 16:33 - Jun 1 with 780 viewsD_Alien

Just one point separating Lancs, Yorks & Durham at the top of the table, following Lancs defeat in the Roses match at Headingley

Lancs remain top - either alphabetically or possibly due to having won 3 matches against 2 by the others

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024