Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 16:33 - May 3 with 17348 viewsisitme

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/retained-list-3093850.aspx

Mostly as expected, although I am surprised that Lancashire and Andrew have been offered new deals.
Retained list on 20:47 - May 3 with 3916 viewsD_Alien

Retained list on 20:41 - May 3 by dalenumber2

I'm also sad to see Rose go but am I the only one who actually thinks Calvin Andrew has enough to offer? He has shown signs of brilliance at times and even though he doesn't score many goals (neither did O"Grady to be fair) he is good at hold up play and always puts in a good shift. I think he's a good squad player and I'm glad he's staying.
Edit - I am massively surprised Lancashire had been offered a contract.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 20:42]

No, you'll be far from the only one re: Andrew

I'd be surprised if there's more than just a few who can't now see what he brings to the squad. I think he's got it within him to bring even more to the party than he has done, and that it's largely a confidence thing. Hilly believing in him will be just the boost he needs.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Retained list on 20:48 - May 3 with 3915 viewsrichfoad32

I wouldn't say the door is completely closed on Syers. He's coming off a couple off injury hit campaigns so maybe he'll get the chance to train with us this summer and get a full pre season under his belt to show what he can do. Maybe offer him a reduced deal if he's not picked up by anyone else, I personally think he's a decent player who can provide cover. Same goes for Bennett, but with his age and versatility I shouldn't think he'll have any problem finding a new club.
Retained list on 21:23 - May 3 with 3770 viewsleedsdale

That's how I read it too, D'Alien; Hilly talks in his interview (which is another really good watch) about not wanting to be forced to scrap around for players, so I think Lancashire is being retained for continuity/back up purposes. There is, of course, no guarantee that any of the 4 players offered deals will sign; they could all be on reduced terms which they cannot/ will not accept.

As has been said, he has offered a deal to Canavan, but again there is no guarantee that he will sign. Hopefully he will prefer the chance to be a first team regular and that will be enough to sway him.

One thing to note, Leighanne asked if Hilly planned to have a smaller squad next season, and the answer was a resounding No! 8 players have been released today, assuming Alessandra and 'Gilly' are integrated back into the fold then I'm sure we can expect around 6 signings.
Retained list on 21:27 - May 3 with 3750 viewssweetcorn

Retained list on 20:41 - May 3 by dalenumber2

I'm also sad to see Rose go but am I the only one who actually thinks Calvin Andrew has enough to offer? He has shown signs of brilliance at times and even though he doesn't score many goals (neither did O"Grady to be fair) he is good at hold up play and always puts in a good shift. I think he's a good squad player and I'm glad he's staying.
Edit - I am massively surprised Lancashire had been offered a contract.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 20:42]

Did you watch a different o'grady to the rest of us, his goal record for us was superb for a target man, he scored over 30 goals in 2 seasons (22 in his first) which is something Calvin will only do in the middle of a wet dream..

Calvin has improved there's no doubt, but it wasn't difficult was it.. Don't think his improvement puts him on the level of a league one footballer, especially one which is aspiring to be in the top half (and possibly better).

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Retained list on 21:39 - May 3 with 3695 viewsbazingadale

Retained list on 21:27 - May 3 by sweetcorn

Did you watch a different o'grady to the rest of us, his goal record for us was superb for a target man, he scored over 30 goals in 2 seasons (22 in his first) which is something Calvin will only do in the middle of a wet dream..

Calvin has improved there's no doubt, but it wasn't difficult was it.. Don't think his improvement puts him on the level of a league one footballer, especially one which is aspiring to be in the top half (and possibly better).

Calvin is like fathering a son who obviously can't play football, you give him all the encouragement in the world but deep down you know he's dreadful and you wish you was fathering one of the kids who can actually kick a ball and not run around like a donkey. I apologise to anyou donkeys who may be offeneeded by being compared to calvin
Retained list on 21:46 - May 3 with 3664 viewssweetcorn

Retained list on 21:39 - May 3 by bazingadale

Calvin is like fathering a son who obviously can't play football, you give him all the encouragement in the world but deep down you know he's dreadful and you wish you was fathering one of the kids who can actually kick a ball and not run around like a donkey. I apologise to anyou donkeys who may be offeneeded by being compared to calvin

You're posts are often ridiculous but this one is pretty spot on, he's a likeable guy but deep down I think a lot know he's not the grade

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Retained list on 21:47 - May 3 with 3660 viewsdalelee

I am a little surprised that Bennett has been released. He has maybe not progressed in the past 18 months as expected but I still think he's talented enough to succeed. As stated by others, he should get plenty of offers and I will follow his future career with interest.
KH has made tough decisions with Bennett and Rose but on the whole we are retaining a settled squad. We are in a great place and Im excited with the potential of Allen, Camps, Mcdermott.
Retained list on 21:50 - May 3 with 3635 viewsJimmyRustler

I'm disappointed but not shocked that Lancashire has been offered a new deal.

If Calvin Andrew was 4 inches smaller, white and fat he would just be another Donnelly. His physical attributes mask the fact that he's a very poor footballer IMO. I'm certain there's better out there for us. Absolutely certain.
Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 22:01 - May 3 with 3584 viewsYouTubeDale

Retained list on 21:23 - May 3 by leedsdale

That's how I read it too, D'Alien; Hilly talks in his interview (which is another really good watch) about not wanting to be forced to scrap around for players, so I think Lancashire is being retained for continuity/back up purposes. There is, of course, no guarantee that any of the 4 players offered deals will sign; they could all be on reduced terms which they cannot/ will not accept.

As has been said, he has offered a deal to Canavan, but again there is no guarantee that he will sign. Hopefully he will prefer the chance to be a first team regular and that will be enough to sway him.

One thing to note, Leighanne asked if Hilly planned to have a smaller squad next season, and the answer was a resounding No! 8 players have been released today, assuming Alessandra and 'Gilly' are integrated back into the fold then I'm sure we can expect around 6 signings.

Not scapping around for players...but he also says that there is an ocean of players out there to choose from if those offered new terms don't take up them up."Cash is king" he says.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Retained list on 22:08 - May 3 with 3546 viewsleedsdale

Retained list on 22:01 - May 3 by YouTubeDale

Not scapping around for players...but he also says that there is an ocean of players out there to choose from if those offered new terms don't take up them up."Cash is king" he says.

True enough.

The thing is with the current manager is that you know he is going to get it right more often than not
Retained list on 22:13 - May 3 with 3516 viewssandy_dale

very surprised at Lancashire being offered a new deal! Been quite terrible as a whole this season. Glad Calvin has been offered a new deal, although some think he isn't good enough IMO he offers a considerable amount to warrant a new deal. Will be interesting to see who comes in as the leaving list suggest some will.
Retained list on 22:28 - May 3 with 3462 viewsDaley_Lama

4 offered new deals who have all played a large part this season
4 invoked contract extentions who have all played a large part this season

7 released who have played bit parts this season

James Hooper the odd one retained despite little involvement this season
Michael Rose the odd one released despite major involvment this season

A very logical list when viewed as above, keep the core of a decent team and hopefully add a few who bring that extra class to take us to the next level.

Good luck to all released, it used to be that being redundant from Rochdale = Pub Landlord time, times are different and i expect most if not all to find League clubs

Poll: DF in or out

Retained list on 23:08 - May 3 with 3342 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I have known for a while on fairly good authority that holty is heading down to Norfolk as his wife and family like it there. May not be 100 percent but I heard this before he signed. Maybe he wanted a last few games with us out of loyalty. Heard coaching role at Norwich would suit both parties so good luck to him. Top player and bloke

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Retained list on 23:26 - May 3 with 3269 viewsdingdangblue

Retained list on 22:28 - May 3 by Daley_Lama

A very logical list when viewed as above, keep the core of a decent team and hopefully add a few who bring that extra class to take us to the next level.

Good luck to all released, it used to be that being redundant from Rochdale = Pub Landlord time, times are different and i expect most if not all to find League clubs

Not sure that retaining Hooper is odd? He's only just turned 19! I didn't expect to see him involved much this season - but what we saw before Christmas - he certainly looked like the next youngster to make the grade after Allen and Camps. I think he'll be a star for us in the next few seasons.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Retained list on 23:26 - May 3 with 3266 viewsJimmyRustler

Retained list on 22:28 - May 3 by Daley_Lama

Hooper looked exciting in the few games he played.

Can't help but think there's much more to come from the lad
Retained list on 23:50 - May 3 with 3029 viewsDaley_Lama

Retained list on 23:26 - May 3 by JimmyRustler

Hooper looked exciting in the few games he played.

Can't help but think there's much more to come from the lad

My 'odd' for Hooper was that he is the 1/9 players retained/extended who haven't played a major part in this season.

Same for Rose in reverse.

All appraised statistically rather than 'he's a good un'

Poll: DF in or out

Retained list on 00:13 - May 4 with 2973 viewsDySporting

Retained list on 23:08 - May 3 by Thacks_Rabbits

I have known for a while on fairly good authority that holty is heading down to Norfolk as his wife and family like it there. May not be 100 percent but I heard this before he signed. Maybe he wanted a last few games with us out of loyalty. Heard coaching role at Norwich would suit both parties so good luck to him. Top player and bloke

He lives now just outside Norwich. I think he might be lucky to get a coaching role at Norwich straight away, ex players like Darren huckerby have had to prove themselves first before getting a job. I wonder whether he might end up playing another season at someone like Cambridge. I get the feeling he really wants to play.
Retained list on 07:24 - May 4 with 2750 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Retained list on 21:23 - May 3 by leedsdale

Agree, very good interview. Hilly sounded quite forlorn when addressing the bit on Michael Rose.

Next time Leanne does an interview she should have a drink beforehand...should spice up the questions :-P
Retained list on 10:24 - May 4 with 2535 viewsJimmyRustler

Retained list on 23:50 - May 3 by Daley_Lama

My 'odd' for Hooper was that he is the 1/9 players retained/extended who haven't played a major part in this season.

Same for Rose in reverse.

All appraised statistically rather than 'he's a good un'

I understand now. You meant odd one out and not odd one. Gotcha.
Retained list on 11:17 - May 4 with 2427 viewsParkinsGimp

I have similar opinions to Chaff, Saxon and Jimmyrus in that Andrew and lancashire are definitely not good enough.
Shame we have Kennedy and Alessandra on another year same with McNulty .
Sorry to see Bennet go, I know he had a poor second half of season but I think he could come good again.
So pleased to see the back of Rose, I cant believe a professional football cannot even touch the ball with his non favoured foot LOL.
But knowing Hill we may yet see some of the released come back ( he has form for this, was it Wiseman? ) so wont count chickens yet.
Retained list on 11:37 - May 4 with 2372 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Joel Logan has done well (for himself) this season........not featured at all and presumably been well paid to stay fit?

Could we have got "without" earlier and saved a few quid?

Surely,we need to off-load TK soon as.........let's hope Lewis Alessandra comes back from York keen to impress?
Retained list on 11:50 - May 4 with 2343 viewsdingdangblue

Retained list on 11:37 - May 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

Joel Logan has done well (for himself) this season........not featured at all and presumably been well paid to stay fit?

Could we have got "without" earlier and saved a few quid?

Surely,we need to off-load TK soon as.........let's hope Lewis Alessandra comes back from York keen to impress?

In footballing terms I cant imagine Joel Logan will be well paid - nowhere near .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Retained list on 12:35 - May 4 with 2249 views1949er

It was obvious that Andrew and Lancashire would be offered contracts. Why otherwise would they be the ones to model the new kits?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Retained list on 12:46 - May 4 with 2208 viewskirbys

Think Hilly has got this just about right with the overall strategy to keep a core of proven performers and allow some new blood to sharpen the competition for places. We did more swapping and changing this season than others, sometimes to reflect performances and sometimes to work to a plan and lets be honest it resulted in a very credible end of season placing.
It was a sad fact that Holty is not what he was but he gave us some enjoyment and he deserves a job somewhere. Michael Rose IMO has flattered to deceive during many games this season but gave some solidity to the middle allowing others to be more mobile. He will be a useful addition to a 2nd div club. Reece is unlucky to be released never being able to retain a regular spot this season and lets be honest he has never let us down.
Hope we can continue to blood the youth players as they represent an income stream at best and high energy at worst.
Replacements are key and our esteemed leader is pretty good at this bearing in mind it is not a precise science.
Looking forward to another decent season and against decent opposition e.g. Bolton and dare I sat it Accrington (such a good derby if they get automatic promotion).
Good luck to all those released and thanks for your efforts.
Retained list on 12:49 - May 4 with 2186 viewsDySporting

Retained list on 12:35 - May 4 by 1949er

It was obvious that Andrew and Lancashire would be offered contracts. Why otherwise would they be the ones to model the new kits?

They modelled the kits because they weren't in the first team squad on Saturday. A couple of other players came around as well, it just happens that they were the first two to grab the new shirts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024