Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 16:33 - May 3 with 17357 viewsisitme

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/retained-list-3093850.aspx

Mostly as expected, although I am surprised that Lancashire and Andrew have been offered new deals.
Retained list on 13:27 - May 4 with 4169 viewsboromat

On Andrew - he came to us unfit as soon as that was sorted out he's looked very good. Unfortunately for him he's had the injury this year that's stopped him getting going and regardless of all of that he's scored 1 in 6, that's not bad for a target man. I'm looking forward to seeing him really push on next season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Retained list on 14:07 - May 4 with 4057 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Retained list on 13:27 - May 4 by boromat

On Andrew - he came to us unfit as soon as that was sorted out he's looked very good. Unfortunately for him he's had the injury this year that's stopped him getting going and regardless of all of that he's scored 1 in 6, that's not bad for a target man. I'm looking forward to seeing him really push on next season.

Couldn't agree more
The same aapplies to hooper and bunney
Retained list on 14:20 - May 4 with 4008 viewsdingdangblue

Retained list on 14:07 - May 4 by DannyG_RAFC

Couldn't agree more
The same aapplies to hooper and bunney

I cant believe there are so many Bunney haters. He's been superb these last few months and without his goals we'd probably have been a lot nearer to the relegation places - I imagine he's one of the bottom earners at the club and for Hill to be able to count on him must be invaluable - especially when money is so tight.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Retained list on 16:07 - May 4 with 3891 viewsfirgrovedale51

Retained list on 14:20 - May 4 by dingdangblue

I cant believe there are so many Bunney haters. He's been superb these last few months and without his goals we'd probably have been a lot nearer to the relegation places - I imagine he's one of the bottom earners at the club and for Hill to be able to count on him must be invaluable - especially when money is so tight.

Agree , put Bunney in his proper position striker and he will score goals, he is not a winger or a full back
Retained list on 16:19 - May 4 with 3844 viewsaleanddale

Bunny has been superb last quarter of the season.

Well worthy of a contract extension could just do with the same level of performance from August until May.

Young lad - late developer looking forward to watching him with another full pre season under his belt.

Most improved award by a country mile!
Retained list on 16:37 - May 4 with 3775 viewsJamest1994

Retained list on 11:17 - May 4 by ParkinsGimp

I have similar opinions to Chaff, Saxon and Jimmyrus in that Andrew and lancashire are definitely not good enough.
Shame we have Kennedy and Alessandra on another year same with McNulty .
Sorry to see Bennet go, I know he had a poor second half of season but I think he could come good again.
So pleased to see the back of Rose, I cant believe a professional football cannot even touch the ball with his non favoured foot LOL.
But knowing Hill we may yet see some of the released come back ( he has form for this, was it Wiseman? ) so wont count chickens yet.

Disappointed with Bennet leaving, but glad that rose is? Same with McNulty staying?

Bennet has warmed the bench all season, nowhere near good enough for this level, useful when we have injuries so he can slot in with his 'versatility'. Gets applauded more when warming up than he does playing.

The other two (Rose and McNulty) have been regular starters for us and Rose's contributions often go unnoticed, always liked him in midfield and he is a much better option there than Bennet.
Retained list on 16:50 - May 4 with 3736 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bennett was given a rare chance to shine against Crewe in Feb.......scored in first 2 mins!

Dale 2-0 up in 7 mins then nowt......got lost for remainder of game before being subbed.

It's games like that (which we drew) that come back to haunt us at the end of the season and chance of 3 points gone......IF ONLY,IF ONLY.........
Retained list on 17:15 - May 4 with 3652 viewsroccydaleian

Retained list on 16:37 - May 4 by Jamest1994

Disappointed with Bennet leaving, but glad that rose is? Same with McNulty staying?

Bennet has warmed the bench all season, nowhere near good enough for this level, useful when we have injuries so he can slot in with his 'versatility'. Gets applauded more when warming up than he does playing.

The other two (Rose and McNulty) have been regular starters for us and Rose's contributions often go unnoticed, always liked him in midfield and he is a much better option there than Bennet.

McNulty started in every game we played this season being subbed once. Crap eh Gimpy???
[Post edited 4 May 2016 17:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 21:29 - May 4 with 3279 viewsolympicdale

Id rather we'd keep Andrew and release Bunney, but keeping both, and releasing Holt I hope doesn't mean that no one is coming in up front. Andrew has been a pleasant surprise under Hill, it is amazing what confidence and belief has done for Calv, and he would be a good back up, and if that is his role then I'm happy with that, same with Bunney, but not in the first 11.

Life is a game of fate.

Retained list on 22:11 - May 4 with 3193 viewsdalestats

Retained list on 21:29 - May 4 by olympicdale

Id rather we'd keep Andrew and release Bunney, but keeping both, and releasing Holt I hope doesn't mean that no one is coming in up front. Andrew has been a pleasant surprise under Hill, it is amazing what confidence and belief has done for Calv, and he would be a good back up, and if that is his role then I'm happy with that, same with Bunney, but not in the first 11.

Release the most improved player in the second half of the season and top scorer not including pens. What nonsense.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Retained list on 00:47 - May 5 with 3048 viewsDaley_Lama

Retained list on 22:11 - May 4 by dalestats

Release the most improved player in the second half of the season and top scorer not including pens. What nonsense.

Ditto.

If it were me and i had the choice of keeping either Calvin or Bunney, I would have gone for Bunney.

The lad was more of a force this season than last, Peter V couldn't get back into the team as he and NML put in shift after shift.

Same improvement next season and it will be a case of 'can we keep him?'

Poll: DF in or out

Retained list on 08:38 - May 5 with 2863 viewsD_Dale

Retained list on 17:15 - May 4 by roccydaleian

McNulty started in every game we played this season being subbed once. Crap eh Gimpy???
[Post edited 4 May 2016 17:16]

Whatever posters make of him, KH seems to have confidence in McNulty and being the only ever-present is quite an achievement - he must have played with a few bumps and bruises. Few other players have come close to even 40 league starts this season.

As for Calvin Andrew, I hope those posters who expect him to start scoring a lot of goals are right. But he is 29 and seems to have had a chance at several clubs to get himself on the 'goal standard'.
Retained list on 14:44 - May 5 with 2596 viewsolympicdale

Retained list on 00:47 - May 5 by Daley_Lama

Ditto.

If it were me and i had the choice of keeping either Calvin or Bunney, I would have gone for Bunney.

The lad was more of a force this season than last, Peter V couldn't get back into the team as he and NML put in shift after shift.

Same improvement next season and it will be a case of 'can we keep him?'

I'm just not seeing it, granted he's improved marginally, but each time I see him, I get frustrated watching his inability to beat his man or his reading of the game. Maybe it's just my expectations of what a forward should do and not seeing what he gives to the team through it, but I just don't think he's good enough for this level. We can all see that Vincenti hasn't been at his best this season, and Bunney has filled the spot left vacated, and since Holt came in I hope he continues to take on board what he obviously taught him.

Life is a game of fate.

Retained list on 16:25 - May 5 with 2452 viewssweetcorn

Retained list on 14:44 - May 5 by olympicdale

I'm just not seeing it, granted he's improved marginally, but each time I see him, I get frustrated watching his inability to beat his man or his reading of the game. Maybe it's just my expectations of what a forward should do and not seeing what he gives to the team through it, but I just don't think he's good enough for this level. We can all see that Vincenti hasn't been at his best this season, and Bunney has filled the spot left vacated, and since Holt came in I hope he continues to take on board what he obviously taught him.

Do you know what forwards should do.. Score goals and thats what hes done more than anyone else in this team from open play this season..

Not a fan of bunney, but you cant expect hill to release his second top scorer who also happens to be 22 years old with what you would imagine will be his better years ahead of him.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Retained list on 16:34 - May 5 with 2433 viewsdalestats

Retained list on 16:25 - May 5 by sweetcorn

Do you know what forwards should do.. Score goals and thats what hes done more than anyone else in this team from open play this season..

Not a fan of bunney, but you cant expect hill to release his second top scorer who also happens to be 22 years old with what you would imagine will be his better years ahead of him.

Agreed. I think OD watched a different game sometimes!!

Retained list on 17:45 - May 5 with 2358 viewsolympicdale

Retained list on 16:25 - May 5 by sweetcorn

Yeah I understand the basic remit of any striker is to score goals, but there are other areas of their play that I don't think Bunney has, things like runs off the ball and able to beat a man one on one, and being able to make the ball stick when under pressure.

I don't dispute the fact that since Christmas he has improved the goalscoring part of his game, and I of course hope he can keep that up come August, and continue to push on. Lets face it, we have been pretty poultry up front this season, with the likes of Hendo and Vincenti not firing, the latter having a very poor season, Bunney has simply filled the void left by Vincenti this year.

I think having Bunney as the second top scorer probably says a lot more about the lack of consistent quality we had in the final third than it does about his ability in all honesty. He will continue to divide opinion while he is here, not unlike when Joe Thompson was here. I don't know about the age issue, we don't know when his best years will be be.

Life is a game of fate.

Retained list on 18:01 - May 5 with 2344 viewsDaley_Lama

Joint 4th top scorers in League one, we haven't been poultry, we have been spoiled over recent years with 20+ scorers. 66 goals aint chicken feed.

Poll: DF in or out

Retained list on 18:24 - May 5 with 2312 viewsolympicdale

Retained list on 18:01 - May 5 by Daley_Lama

Joint 4th top scorers in League one, we haven't been poultry, we have been spoiled over recent years with 20+ scorers. 66 goals aint chicken feed.

It hasn't felt like that this season, stats may say that, but there have been many times we've cried out for a goalscorer, we can't rely soley on Hendo and Vincenti, and we'll need an established goalscorer to make that final push to the top 6 next season.

Life is a game of fate.

Retained list on 19:13 - May 5 with 2241 viewsdalestats

Retained list on 18:24 - May 5 by olympicdale

It hasn't felt like that this season, stats may say that, but there have been many times we've cried out for a goalscorer, we can't rely soley on Hendo and Vincenti, and we'll need an established goalscorer to make that final push to the top 6 next season.

Facts don't lie 4th top scorers in the division. Are you on the wind up?

Retained list on 19:45 - May 5 with 2177 viewsdingdangblue

Retained list on 17:45 - May 5 by olympicdale

Yeah I understand the basic remit of any striker is to score goals, but there are other areas of their play that I don't think Bunney has, things like runs off the ball and able to beat a man one on one, and being able to make the ball stick when under pressure.

I don't dispute the fact that since Christmas he has improved the goalscoring part of his game, and I of course hope he can keep that up come August, and continue to push on. Lets face it, we have been pretty poultry up front this season, with the likes of Hendo and Vincenti not firing, the latter having a very poor season, Bunney has simply filled the void left by Vincenti this year.

I think having Bunney as the second top scorer probably says a lot more about the lack of consistent quality we had in the final third than it does about his ability in all honesty. He will continue to divide opinion while he is here, not unlike when Joe Thompson was here. I don't know about the age issue, we don't know when his best years will be be.

He cant beat a man .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Retained list on 20:11 - May 5 with 2123 viewsdalestats

Retained list on 19:45 - May 5 by dingdangblue

He cant beat a man .

It wasn't bunney for that 4th goal cos he can't do anything right. Oh no it's OD making a fool of himself again!!

Retained list on 21:18 - May 5 with 2023 viewsD_Dale

Retained list on 19:45 - May 5 by dingdangblue

He cant beat a man .

And in the lead-up to Dale's second goal Bunney leaves the defender flatfooted to put in a shot (blocked by a Posh player, but Mendez-Laing puts it away).

Retained list on 23:10 - May 5 with 1867 viewssweetcorn

Retained list on 17:45 - May 5 by olympicdale

WALOB's.

We're 4th top scorers in the division.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Retained list on 00:01 - May 6 with 1804 viewsdingdangblue

Retained list on 23:10 - May 5 by sweetcorn

WALOB's.

We're 4th top scorers in the division.

Top 'home' goalscorers with Coventry (41).

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england3

Retained list on 00:52 - May 6 with 1783 viewsolympicdale

Retained list on 20:11 - May 5 by dalestats

It wasn't bunney for that 4th goal cos he can't do anything right. Oh no it's OD making a fool of himself again!!

okay fair do's, he can do it once in a blue moon, best prepare for the offers to come rolling in. I'm not on a smear campaign I just don't think he's good enough, and if I'm a fool for that opinion then fine I can live with that.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024