Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 16:33 - May 3 with 17356 viewsisitme

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/retained-list-3093850.aspx

Mostly as expected, although I am surprised that Lancashire and Andrew have been offered new deals.
Retained list on 16:37 - May 3 with 7360 viewssweetcorn

Personally would have kept bennet, he's got a lot to offer when he's fit and has that versatility a small squad like ours needs. He'll have no problem getting a new club.

Gutted to see grant go, cant believe lancashire has been offered a deal, he's in truth, not very good.

As for the rest, its as expected/hoped.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Retained list on 16:40 - May 3 with 7330 viewsChaffRAFC

Very susprised Lancashire has been offered a new deal. Surprised a very disappointed. He's just not good enough. Neither is Andrew, neither is Bunney. But nevermind.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Retained list on 16:50 - May 3 with 7239 viewsisitme

From Hill's interview:

- Supporters should understand why Holt has not been offered a new deal.
- Caravan has been offered a deal.
- Non on the released players will feature on Sunday.
- Hilly will not be there on Sunday as he has to deal with a personal matter in the states.
- No second year youth team players have been offered deals.
- Gilly will be integrated into first team squad (Not sure who he is. I assume a current first year youth team player?)
- Hill has his eye on some under 16s and 14/15s, but the standard required to earn a pro contract has improved.

Interesting interview. Looks like Kisimba Kisimba has not progressed enough this season.
Retained list on 16:52 - May 3 with 7225 viewsD_Alien

Bennett's always been injury-prone, never having a consistent run in any one position and even after playing a few games never really managing to claim a place. No doubt got some talent but a fresh start will probably benefit him if he's got the will to succeed.

Can't imagine why Lancashire's still here. Probably for the same reasons why he wasn't dropped much earlier in the campaign - although i'm buggered if I know what they are.

And thanks Holty, for giving us all a boost in the last couple of months. Champagne moment of the season goes to you, for your fantastic run down the wing against Sheff Utd.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Retained list on 16:56 - May 3 with 7176 viewselectricblue

No mention of Kennedy in that list.........

Any ideas why.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Retained list on 16:58 - May 3 with 7153 viewsisitme

Retained list on 16:56 - May 3 by electricblue

No mention of Kennedy in that list.........

Any ideas why.....

He is still under contact for another season, same as Alessandra. I would suspect that Hill will look to offload both of them.
Retained list on 17:02 - May 3 with 7109 viewsChaffRAFC

Retained list on 16:50 - May 3 by isitme

From Hill's interview:

- Supporters should understand why Holt has not been offered a new deal.
- Caravan has been offered a deal.
- Non on the released players will feature on Sunday.
- Hilly will not be there on Sunday as he has to deal with a personal matter in the states.
- No second year youth team players have been offered deals.
- Gilly will be integrated into first team squad (Not sure who he is. I assume a current first year youth team player?)
- Hill has his eye on some under 16s and 14/15s, but the standard required to earn a pro contract has improved.

Interesting interview. Looks like Kisimba Kisimba has not progressed enough this season.

Gilly, is a lad called Matthew Gillam and he's a centre forward.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Retained list on 17:08 - May 3 with 7064 viewsisitme

Retained list on 17:02 - May 3 by ChaffRAFC

Gilly, is a lad called Matthew Gillam and he's a centre forward.

Thanks. Is he any good?
Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 17:20 - May 3 with 6989 viewsSuddenLad

Retained list on 17:08 - May 3 by isitme

Thanks. Is he any good?

Hilly seems to think so.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained list on 17:26 - May 3 with 6943 viewselectricblue

Alessandra just might offer something next season to the attacking options......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Retained list on 17:30 - May 3 with 6895 viewsYouTubeDale

I have said for a while that Grant Holt shouldn't be retained. He's done a brilliant job helping to lift the club - more off the pitch than on. So it's a massive thanks.

Hill seemed to dampen down any expectations...

" We are driving a Fiat Panda instead of a Ferrari or Jaguar or Maserati".

Some Fiat Panda !!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Retained list on 17:40 - May 3 with 6827 viewsColDale

Retained list on 17:30 - May 3 by YouTubeDale

I have said for a while that Grant Holt shouldn't be retained. He's done a brilliant job helping to lift the club - more off the pitch than on. So it's a massive thanks.

Hill seemed to dampen down any expectations...

" We are driving a Fiat Panda instead of a Ferrari or Jaguar or Maserati".

Some Fiat Panda !!!

His only contribution on Saturday was one of entertainment. At no stage did he cause their defence any footballing problems, and if truth be told, he's been kept out of the side by Joe Bunney and not one single post on here complaining about that which tells its own story. It's been great to see him again, but its been clear he's not up to starting games and he's struggled to make much impact off the bench in recent games. Let's remember him for the great that's he's been and an enjoyable cameo this season.

Other than Rose, no major surprises other than Lancashire being offered a deal. Wouldn't be a surprised if its a Ryan Lowe style deal. Lancashire's last contract was as captain of the club - he's now back up for the first team, and I'm sure the deal offered will reflect that.

Sad to see Billy Hasler Cregg go. Had high hopes for him a couple of years ago but the prolonged loan spell suggested that he wasn't going to threaten the first team here. Be great if he proved us wrong, but there's not been many who can claim that during Hilly's time at the club.

I'll expect there will be new deals offered to some of those who have triggered one year extensions too in the weeks to come.
Retained list on 17:41 - May 3 with 6822 viewsShun

Pretty disappointed to see Rose and Holt leave, but other than that it's as expected.
Retained list on 18:10 - May 3 with 6673 views1907

Is this Lancashire deal Hilly winding the fans up again? Horrendous footballer. In fact I'm fuming about this. Disgraceful.
Retained list on 18:18 - May 3 with 6607 viewsolympicdale

Not a huge amount of surprises there. Some folk will be surprised to see Lancashire offered a new deal, but I think next to someone like Eastham/Canavan he isn't as bad as people make out. I am disappointed to see Bunney still here, he simply isn't up to League 1 football, neither is Andrew, can only hope that neither of them are first teamers come August.

If there is a player that has gone backwards recently it's Rhys Bennett, he doesn't really have a set position and injuries have held him back. Holty was never going to be kept in truth, wages would be a massive stumbling block, and I don't think he's done enough to earn a deal in all honesty, but was good to see him back in a Dale shirt for a second time.

Life is a game of fate.

Retained list on 18:22 - May 3 with 6578 viewsbocadave

Retained list on 18:10 - May 3 by 1907

Is this Lancashire deal Hilly winding the fans up again? Horrendous footballer. In fact I'm fuming about this. Disgraceful.

Must agree,after three years of being a defensive disaster,it defies belief.
Retained list on 18:48 - May 3 with 6409 viewsShun

Retained list on 18:22 - May 3 by bocadave

Must agree,after three years of being a defensive disaster,it defies belief.

Harsh and untrue. He played all season when we got promoted, and played well. This season's been his only poor one. And he'll be back-up at best.
Retained list on 18:55 - May 3 with 6367 viewsSaxonDale

Some surprises there for me but Hill has always liked to retain when possible rather than recruit so perhaps it makes more sense than when first viewed. Thoughts on individual players:

Lillis- Might get slated for this but I'm lukewarm with this one rather than delighted. Since Canavan has joined he's been a crucial part of our back five (and probably our stand out player) if we can get this level of performance from Lillis for the entire season then its a no brainer. The only reservation I have with him is over his mentality, I think poor performances affect Josh more than others. Hope any mistakes over the management of Lillis made this season won't be made next season.

Eastham- Mr.Reliable, I can't believe that he didn't feature until half way through the season , we look much more solid in defence with him in it.

Lancashire- Is he good enough to start every week in League 1? Probably not. Is Hill planning to start him every week? Probably not. I think as a squad player he is OK, obviously offers a fair amount off the pitch to be made captain at one point. I wouldn't however offer him anywhere near first team wages.

Andrew- I hope he's learnt a bit from Holty in managing games and situations. Anyone who was at the Walsall game can see what he can do on his day and he does offer a genuine Plan B from the bench. If he's on York City wages then I'm happy he's staying.

Rose- I saw him at Coventry away and wanted him released before he left the Ricoh. However to his credit he's been probably our most consistent outfield player since, he'll always be fundly remembered by me for the work I think him and Henderson did off the pitch in helping Hilly wrestle back the dressing room when he first arrived back here. Rose might want to play week in week out at this stage of his career and although he has been very good of late I still wouldn't pick him over Allen, Camps or Lund.

Holty- No regrets about signing him whatsoever and he only added to the legend during his time here. He was the perfect signing at the time and gave the whole club a huge boost which without I doubt we would have been celebrating such a successful season. Looking forward though it is the right time to say goodbye.

Bennett- I think it is a real shame about Bennett. Last season around the time of the Stoke fixture he was fantastic and was looking like he would go for 500k+ but then for whatever reason this season he's declined and although I'd quite like to have kept him for his potential and versatility I think he needs to find a position and stick to it to help his career.

Bell + Hassler-Cregg- I think this highlights the gamble with youth players, Hilly seemed certain that these two (particuarly Bell) would really have an impact on the first team this year but for whatever reason it just hasn't happened. I think it highlights how much time youth players need in the first team to properly develop. It's taken Camps and Bunney 2 years of first team exposure to really start impacting on the first team and I think with the general standard of the team now we simply don't have that time for new youth players.
Retained list on 19:26 - May 3 with 6183 viewsdale_spotland

I fully expect the Lancashire offer to be reduced terms, if he goes then so be it, but if he signs hilly has got a backup centre back on the cheap.

Sad to see Rose go, but understand it for the reasons stated in this thread. He deserves credit for coming in with Hendo and helping Hilly stamp on the squad instantly.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Retained list on 19:43 - May 3 with 6092 viewsD_Alien

Another perspective on Lancashire.

Canavan has been offered a deal, but probably won't sign until his agent has seen if other clubs fancy him on better wages. Decent CBs don't grow on trees, so rather than having to make a rash choice come late July if the position isn't settled, at least it gives Hilly breathing space to make a sound decision.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Retained list on 19:50 - May 3 with 6035 viewsNewbury_Dale

I would prefer Bennett at CB before Lancashire. Big shame that Bennett is leaving as there's clearly some talent under the physical fragility.
Retained list on 19:51 - May 3 with 6023 viewsdale_spotland

Retained list on 19:43 - May 3 by D_Alien

Another perspective on Lancashire.

Canavan has been offered a deal, but probably won't sign until his agent has seen if other clubs fancy him on better wages. Decent CBs don't grow on trees, so rather than having to make a rash choice come late July if the position isn't settled, at least it gives Hilly breathing space to make a sound decision.

I've heard rumours (nothing more than that!) that Canavan's agent is asking for a bit too much money.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Retained list on 20:00 - May 3 with 5965 viewsSuddenLad

Retained list on 19:51 - May 3 by dale_spotland

I've heard rumours (nothing more than that!) that Canavan's agent is asking for a bit too much money.

Don't they all ??. A lot will depend on whether Canavan wants to stay. He was hardly ripping trees up in Scunthorpe reserves.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained list on 20:26 - May 3 with 5842 viewsboromat

I'm reasonably happy with the news. Obviously Rose is the biggest shock but you can understand wanting to open the door for the younger players. Think we could do with a left footed centre mid now though!

As for Lancashire I think he's an excellent backup at this level and he can push Eastham for a first team place however Eastham has been better over the last two seasons. Out of the two I'd also trust Olly more in the left sided position when required.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Retained list on 20:41 - May 3 with 5763 viewsdalenumber2

I'm also sad to see Rose go but am I the only one who actually thinks Calvin Andrew has enough to offer? He has shown signs of brilliance at times and even though he doesn't score many goals (neither did O"Grady to be fair) he is good at hold up play and always puts in a good shift. I think he's a good squad player and I'm glad he's staying.
Edit - I am massively surprised Lancashire had been offered a contract.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 20:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024