Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill to Blackburn? 12:28 - May 8 with 92355 viewsMoonyDale

This rumour just won't go away, just had a text from someone saying as much and the betting has Hilly at 5/1 second fave....Still think it's doubtful but you never know....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:47 - May 18 with 4491 viewsDale_Mike

Colin leaves Rotherham

http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-united-3118202.aspx
Hill to Blackburn? on 15:48 - May 18 with 4479 viewsfitzochris

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:12 - May 18 by dingdangblue

The article is just pure speculation. As Fitz said before 'beware an article with no quote's'. They are being a bit naughty with the headline 'Hill wants Blackburn job' though .

I stand by that. A story with no quotes is very hard to substantiate and I've always been wary of them. I had it on good authority that the Bolton article was a load of guff.

With this one, I'm not so sure.

In my experience some "journalists" let football agents lead the agenda.

I'm not saying Hill's agent is behind this article, but I have seen this kind of thing before.

I really hope it isn't true, naturally, but we're kidding ourselves if we think Hill isn't ambitious enough to be tempted.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:58 - May 18 with 4421 viewslurker

Agree with Fitz. Venky's or not, the Blackburn gig is a cracker if Hill is being seriously considered.

Here's hoping Colin W gets it!
Hill to Blackburn? on 16:00 - May 18 with 4397 viewsKenBoon

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:12 - May 18 by dingdangblue

The article is just pure speculation. As Fitz said before 'beware an article with no quote's'. They are being a bit naughty with the headline 'Hill wants Blackburn job' though .

Clickbait. It's the worst. Killing journalism.
Hill to Blackburn? on 16:01 - May 18 with 4380 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:58 - May 18 by lurker

Agree with Fitz. Venky's or not, the Blackburn gig is a cracker if Hill is being seriously considered.

Here's hoping Colin W gets it!

Surprised Tim Sherwood isn't in the running - legend at the club and after doing ok at Spurs and Villa (season before last) could be a decent fit.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill to Blackburn? on 16:08 - May 18 with 4337 viewsD_Alien

Hill to Blackburn? on 16:00 - May 18 by KenBoon

Clickbait. It's the worst. Killing journalism.

Hardly killing it? This type of thing is as old as journalism itself, and since it's generating a lot of comment on here one could argue it's done it's job. Not that I agree with it.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill to Blackburn? on 16:11 - May 18 with 4312 viewsdeeplishblue

Seems to have the ring of truth this rumour. Cue some appropriately sad music.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Hill to Blackburn? on 16:39 - May 18 with 4173 viewsaleanddale

Would definitely ruin my summer if Hill left.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill to Blackburn? on 16:44 - May 18 with 4149 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:48 - May 18 by fitzochris

I stand by that. A story with no quotes is very hard to substantiate and I've always been wary of them. I had it on good authority that the Bolton article was a load of guff.

With this one, I'm not so sure.

In my experience some "journalists" let football agents lead the agenda.

I'm not saying Hill's agent is behind this article, but I have seen this kind of thing before.

I really hope it isn't true, naturally, but we're kidding ourselves if we think Hill isn't ambitious enough to be tempted.

Obviously I want Hill to stay, but at some stage he's going to go and that's when the Chairman, Directors and most importantly the fans have to decide which mindset they are going to adopt.

We can all believe that the Club will again strike lucky (it was luck) by appointing a new manager with fresh ideas who can continue our steady progress, or we can choose to wallow in self pity, bemoaning the passing of Keith Hill and let the doom and gloom descend on the Club. I'm going down the positive route 100%.

I've heard many Dale fans comment that once Hill moves on the Club are certainties for league two or even the National League, what a defeatist attitude that is, such a miserable outlook on life. Hill had no credentials when he was appointed as Dales manager the first time around, the much maligned Steve Ayre would have been a better prospect with a superior CV to boot, but we got lucky and there's no reason why we can't get lucky again.

Contrary to what some people think Hill isn't bigger than the Club and never has been,we provided him with a good job for which he will have been well rewarded and in turn he's done a magnificent job. He would be leaving the Club in its strongest ever position both on and off the pitch and it's about time as a Club we started standing on our own two feet without Keith Hill holding our hand. That would be the challenge for the Chairman and Directors, to continue to progress the club.

Regarding appointing a new manager ( hopefully it won't come to that), whoever you appoint would be a gamble but you need somebody who commands respect and excels in man management skills, if we have that person already at the Club then even better.

The worst case scenario is we have a rough few seasons, we've had plenty of those before and over the last decade or so we've had some great times also, so let's not feel sorry for ourselves please. Last time Hill left, the Club imploded a bit but I think lessons will have been learned from that. No matter what happens it won't be dull though,it never is.
Hill to Blackburn? on 16:54 - May 18 with 4109 viewsdalestats

Sky reporting that kit symons likely to get the Charlton job

Poll: Remain in the eu

Hill to Blackburn? on 17:10 - May 18 with 4034 viewsSuddenLad

Warnock set for Blackburn, Hilly quoted 6/1 for Rotherham.

The merry-go-round moves on.

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/18th-may-2016/neil-warnock-departs-rotherham-uni

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill to Blackburn? on 17:11 - May 18 with 4031 viewsKenBoon

Hill to Blackburn? on 16:08 - May 18 by D_Alien

Hardly killing it? This type of thing is as old as journalism itself, and since it's generating a lot of comment on here one could argue it's done it's job. Not that I agree with it.

I could give you 13 reasons why Clickbait is killing journalism. Reason 3 would astound you.

The only understands i'd believe is "Sky Sports Understands...". Too many other stories have sources like Fan Forums or just make up stuff for clicks.
Hill to Blackburn? on 17:15 - May 18 with 4001 viewsColDale

The Championship was a tough beast last time with the haves and the have nots. It's worse now, and only going to get even more so in the next few years, and the average tenure as a manager in there must be less than 12 months these days. The parallels between Blackburn and Barnsley are staggering. Great facilities for training, but manager leaves due to drop in budget. I'd have Bolton as a better option now by a million miles.
Hill to Blackburn? on 17:17 - May 18 with 3975 viewsD_Alien

Hill to Blackburn? on 16:44 - May 18 by TalkingSutty

Obviously I want Hill to stay, but at some stage he's going to go and that's when the Chairman, Directors and most importantly the fans have to decide which mindset they are going to adopt.

We can all believe that the Club will again strike lucky (it was luck) by appointing a new manager with fresh ideas who can continue our steady progress, or we can choose to wallow in self pity, bemoaning the passing of Keith Hill and let the doom and gloom descend on the Club. I'm going down the positive route 100%.

I've heard many Dale fans comment that once Hill moves on the Club are certainties for league two or even the National League, what a defeatist attitude that is, such a miserable outlook on life. Hill had no credentials when he was appointed as Dales manager the first time around, the much maligned Steve Ayre would have been a better prospect with a superior CV to boot, but we got lucky and there's no reason why we can't get lucky again.

Contrary to what some people think Hill isn't bigger than the Club and never has been,we provided him with a good job for which he will have been well rewarded and in turn he's done a magnificent job. He would be leaving the Club in its strongest ever position both on and off the pitch and it's about time as a Club we started standing on our own two feet without Keith Hill holding our hand. That would be the challenge for the Chairman and Directors, to continue to progress the club.

Regarding appointing a new manager ( hopefully it won't come to that), whoever you appoint would be a gamble but you need somebody who commands respect and excels in man management skills, if we have that person already at the Club then even better.

The worst case scenario is we have a rough few seasons, we've had plenty of those before and over the last decade or so we've had some great times also, so let's not feel sorry for ourselves please. Last time Hill left, the Club imploded a bit but I think lessons will have been learned from that. No matter what happens it won't be dull though,it never is.

Well said TS

To find another manager with the same capabilities at moving the club forward as Keith Hill wouldn't just be lucky, it'd be multiple-rollover jackpot lucky. But there's no reason why we should be as unlucky as last time either; there are other managers capable of maintaining Dale in L1

We are what we are, and I'm still convinced Hilly will be here next season

[Post edited 18 May 2016 17:18]

Hill to Blackburn? on 17:35 - May 18 with 3912 viewsD_Dale

Hill to Blackburn? on 17:10 - May 18 by SuddenLad

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/18th-may-2016/neil-warnock-departs-rotherham-uni

Alongside Warnock's c.v. Keith Hill's will look rather thin. And the success Warnock had in keeping Rotherham in the Championship will count for a lot.

But Warnock has had his bad patches, and, twenty years older than KH, there's the question of how much longer he can do a high-pressure job.
Hill to Blackburn? on 17:36 - May 18 with 3909 viewsD_Alien

Hill to Blackburn? on 17:11 - May 18 by KenBoon

I could give you 13 reasons why Clickbait is killing journalism. Reason 3 would astound you.

The only understands i'd believe is "Sky Sports Understands...". Too many other stories have sources like Fan Forums or just make up stuff for clicks.

You astound me.

Clicks are the new advertising revenue? Or did clay tablets make a clicky noise when placed on top of each other?

Hill to Blackburn? on 18:06 - May 18 with 3808 viewsdalestats

Hill to Blackburn? on 17:36 - May 18 by D_Alien

You astound me.

Clicks are the new advertising revenue? Or did clay tablets make a clicky noise when placed on top of each other?

To keep the merry go round going. Northampton to appoint rob page from port vale.

Hill to Blackburn? on 18:27 - May 18 with 3718 viewsD_Alien

Hill to Blackburn? on 18:06 - May 18 by dalestats

To keep the merry go round going. Northampton to appoint rob page from port vale.

And in another type of merry go round...

The Chinese are coming

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36327300

With proper financial clout and half-decent management, both Villa and Newcastle will be favourites to go up from the championship. Could be one hell of a tough league next season, as ColDale has already alluded to

[Post edited 18 May 2016 18:30]

Hill to Blackburn? on 19:14 - May 18 with 3580 views442Dale

Blackpool sack McDonald.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill to Blackburn? on 19:29 - May 18 with 3518 viewsdalestats

So assuming that Page leaves Vale that leaves the following clubs manager less

Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Blackpool
Bolton Wanderers
Charlton Athletic
Everton
Leyton Orient
Nottingham Forest
Notts County
Port Vale
Rotherham
Watford (appoint an Italian who hasn't managed for 2 years)

Plus
Barnsley & Walsall who haven't got permanent managers at the mo

Add to that
Leeds rumoured to be giving Evans the chop
[Post edited 20 May 2016 23:01]

Hill to Blackburn? on 23:46 - May 18 with 3227 viewsroccydaleian

Hill to Blackburn? on 17:10 - May 18 by SuddenLad

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:59 - May 19 with 2988 viewsToffeemanc

Hill to Blackburn? on 19:14 - May 18 by 442Dale

Blackpool sack McDonald.

I wonder who would be daft enough to take that job in the current climate?

It will absolutely have to be a manager who is currently out of work, and probably has been long term and therefore desperate to get back in the game at any cost. Can't see any manager already in a job wanting to leave to takeover at Blackpool.
They may be a club with a decent history and potential, but who will want the job while the Oyston family are still in control. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they were in another relegation battle next season such is the current mess they are in.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Hill to Blackburn? on 11:52 - May 19 with 2807 viewsSuddenLad

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:59 - May 19 by Toffeemanc

I wonder who would be daft enough to take that job in the current climate?

It will absolutely have to be a manager who is currently out of work, and probably has been long term and therefore desperate to get back in the game at any cost. Can't see any manager already in a job wanting to leave to takeover at Blackpool.
They may be a club with a decent history and potential, but who will want the job while the Oyston family are still in control. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they were in another relegation battle next season such is the current mess they are in.

I also think they will struggle to avoid the drop next season. It will be very, very difficult to recruit a manager of any calibre.

Might be a Conference manager fancying a first shot at a League club, or a player/manager role for someone . Other than that, some Azerbaijani who is not aware of the poisoned chalice.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill to Blackburn? on 12:29 - May 19 with 2712 viewsmacro

I don’t know there are plenty of failed managers about. How about someone like Paul Dickov or James Beattie
Hill to Blackburn? on 12:52 - May 19 with 2627 viewsHopwoodblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 17:17 - May 18 by D_Alien

Well said TS

To find another manager with the same capabilities at moving the club forward as Keith Hill wouldn't just be lucky, it'd be multiple-rollover jackpot lucky. But there's no reason why we should be as unlucky as last time either; there are other managers capable of maintaining Dale in L1

We are what we are, and I'm still convinced Hilly will be here next season

[Post edited 18 May 2016 17:18]

Just ask the Leicester fans, we need to adopt a "if its not broke why fix it" attitude.All Ranieri did was to carry on were Pearson had left off and then fine tune it. I'm not having it that Hill is the b all and end all of Rochdale football club, I know he blows his own trumpet at times and with good cause, but he's not the only manager that can keep us in Div one.
We always replace players and we can replace him when the time comes. We are probably a reasonable attraction now for decent out of work managers,we've secured the ground no real debt to speak of, so apart from a small budget we are a good prospect for the right guy. I believe Hill will go because his ego will prevail, but lessons learnt from last time and we will be ok. The only thing I fear about Hill leaving is which players he will come back for.
[Post edited 19 May 2016 12:55]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024