Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill to Blackburn? 12:28 - May 8 with 92384 viewsMoonyDale

This rumour just won't go away, just had a text from someone saying as much and the betting has Hilly at 5/1 second fave....Still think it's doubtful but you never know....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:09 - May 19 with 4064 viewsSuddenLad

'Decent out of work managers'. Why are they out of work, I wonder ?

Stability and continuity are the key factors to success and should be maintained, if at all possible. Once a manager leaves, it's a lottery and Dale are generally inept at chosing managers, with one glaring exception.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:12 - May 19 with 4047 viewsboromat

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:59 - May 19 by Toffeemanc

I wonder who would be daft enough to take that job in the current climate?

It will absolutely have to be a manager who is currently out of work, and probably has been long term and therefore desperate to get back in the game at any cost. Can't see any manager already in a job wanting to leave to takeover at Blackpool.
They may be a club with a decent history and potential, but who will want the job while the Oyston family are still in control. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they were in another relegation battle next season such is the current mess they are in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see John Coleman go there, if he was offered it. Be a blow to Accy.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:29 - May 19 with 3984 viewsupthedale

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:09 - May 19 by SuddenLad

Stability and continuity are the key factors to success and should be maintained, if at all possible. Once a manager leaves, it's a lottery and Dale are generally inept at chosing managers, with one glaring exception.

That's a bit of an unfair comment. Managers don't have to be out of work because they were sacked for a poor job (and even if they were, in some cases it's a matter of opinion).

Are all unemployed people out of work because they are rubbish at their line of work?
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:32 - May 19 with 3964 viewsSuddenLad

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:29 - May 19 by upthedale

That's a bit of an unfair comment. Managers don't have to be out of work because they were sacked for a poor job (and even if they were, in some cases it's a matter of opinion).

Are all unemployed people out of work because they are rubbish at their line of work?

Presumably, those in employment are better options than those who aren't.

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:35 - May 19 with 3948 viewsTVOS1907

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:32 - May 19 by SuddenLad

Keith Hill was an out-of-work manager at the start of January 2013.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:43 - May 19 with 3914 viewsSuddenLad

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:35 - May 19 by TVOS1907

Keith Hill was an out-of-work manager at the start of January 2013.

Only until we were aware of his availability. Thank goodness.

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:58 - May 19 with 3860 viewsrochdaleriddler

If Hill goes, we as fans will have to learn to be patient with whoever takes over, otherwise we will be in the coleman/eyre scenario v quickly. Whilst not always agreeing with Hills manner and his stubbornness, he is a tough act to follow at the Dale. Lets hope all these posts get filled quickly then we can get signing up some new players under Hill's guidance. A no one has asked us to speak to our manager statement from the club might just cure this speculation

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:07 - May 19 with 3846 viewsdalestats

Speculation speculation speculation. Apart from lazy journalism and Ming bigging hill up there is no reputable sources linking hill to any jobs.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Login to get fewer ads

Hill to Blackburn? on 16:19 - May 19 with 3652 viewsToffeemanc

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:12 - May 19 by boromat

I wouldn't be surprised to see John Coleman go there, if he was offered it. Be a blow to Accy.

I can just imagine it now, the new season begins with Blackpool at home and the fans are outside the ground protesting and chanting abuse at Oyston as he watches them through the window from the club lounge laughing at them (nothing new here), whilst down below Soft lad and Bellend are in the car park offering to take on allcomers defending Oystons honour.

Get the deal done!!
It would be a pure comedy partnership unless your a Blackpool fan.Probably be a bit like watching/listening to one of LVG's interviews.

Seriously though Coleman is probably one of only a handful currently employed who would consider it, as anything has to be a step up from Accy.
Oyston keeping his money and giving him a small budget probably wouldn't bother him either as he's used to working with next to nothing. The pitch would make him feel at home too.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:17 - May 20 with 3296 viewsupthedale

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:32 - May 19 by SuddenLad

Wow. For starters I can only assume you've never heard of the word "redundancy".

There also is such a thing as people not fitting at places.

Keith Hill was unemployed while we had John Coleman. I assume that means John Coleman is far superior to Keith Hill?

Glad you were able to educate as to which is the better manager!!

Obviously I don't know what you do for a job, but surely you've worked with people and wondered how they've got to where they are. For example, I'm wondering how you've managed to put a coherent sentence together if you honestly believe that every single person who is unemployed is a worse worker than every person in employment.
Hill to Blackburn? on 10:00 - May 20 with 3205 viewsSuddenLad

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:17 - May 20 by upthedale

Wow. For starters I can only assume you've never heard of the word "redundancy".

Keith Hill was unemployed while we had John Coleman. I assume that means John Coleman is far superior to Keith Hill?

Obviously I don't know what you do for a job, but surely you've worked with people and wondered how they've got to where they are. For example, I'm wondering how you've managed to put a coherent sentence together if you honestly believe that every single person who is unemployed is a worse worker than every person in employment.

Grow up.

Trying to compare football management to any other type of employment is futile. 'Redundancy' applies when companies reduce the size of their working staff or go into administration or cease trading. That affects all, including the best employees, regardless of their length of service or individual abilities.

How many currently out of work football managers find themselves out of work for those reasons. ? The last club to cease trading was ??

Keith Hill was only out of work UNTIL his availability was known. Coleman was dispensed with (it should have been sooner) and Hill was reappointed at the earliest opportunity thereafter.

Coleman wasn't of the calibre required and was dragging us backwards on and off the field at an alarming rate. He was a crap manager during his reign here and was a shocking example to follow. Seeing him in clothing bearing a Dale logo made me want to puke.

The question of who is the better manager isn't even worthy of a debate and anyone with an ounce of intelligence would never make the assumption cotained in your final sentence..

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:01 - May 20 with 3204 viewsD_Alien

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:17 - May 20 by upthedale

I'm sure SuddenLad is capable of speaking for himself, but anyone who follows this messageboard would tell you that you've gone completely over the top with that.

He's not someone who'd be in any way disrespectful of the unemployed - just the opposite in fact. I think most sensible people would understand what he was getting at with his post, even though it might've been better worded.

The reason I'm posting this isn't because I'm a mate of his - I've never met him. But it's not the first example of someone going well over the top through their misinterpretation of a simple post in this thread. If "Hill to Blackburn" is too sensitive a subject for some people, I'd advise them not to post at all.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:39 - May 20 with 3121 viewsJimmyRustler

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:09 - May 19 by SuddenLad

In the current managerial climate, the term 'unemployed' is simply a reflection on their availability and nothing more. There are just as many poor managers in work than there are out of work.
Hill to Blackburn? on 10:41 - May 20 with 3114 viewsFrog

Blackburn have a short-list of 4 and interviewing is under way.................
Hill to Blackburn? on 11:05 - May 20 with 3069 viewsDaleiLama

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:41 - May 20 by Frog

Blackburn have a short-list of 4 and interviewing is under way.................

IS Hilly still Stateside?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill to Blackburn? on 11:05 - May 20 with 3067 viewsFrog

Hill to Blackburn? on 11:05 - May 20 by DaleiLama

IS Hilly still Stateside?

I'm hoping so!
Hill to Blackburn? on 11:07 - May 20 with 3060 viewsDaleiLama

Hill to Blackburn? on 11:05 - May 20 by Frog

I'm hoping so!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill to Blackburn? on 11:08 - May 20 with 3054 viewsfitzochris

Hill to Blackburn? on 11:05 - May 20 by Frog

I'm hoping so!

Why though?

Just to humour this scenario, IF Keith Hill is on this four-man shortlist, and is still in the USA, such tools as Facetime and Skype make it possible for him to be interviewed anywhere across the globe.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill to Blackburn? on 12:15 - May 20 with 2931 views1907

Alan Nixon reporting that Hill isn't on the shortlist
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:07 - May 20 with 2790 viewsdalestats

Hill to Blackburn? on 12:15 - May 20 by 1907

Alan Nixon reporting that Hill isn't on the shortlist

Hope that's correct because it reinforces what I've been saying. Lazy journalists and 2+2=5 merchants.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:44 - May 20 with 2711 viewsBigKindo

Russell Slade now appears to have thrown his hat into the ring at the eleventh hour. Hilly now out to 6/1 and Warnock still odds on favourite. Who's this Nixon guy.
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:55 - May 20 with 2662 viewsroccydaleian

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:44 - May 20 by BigKindo

Russell Slade now appears to have thrown his hat into the ring at the eleventh hour. Hilly now out to 6/1 and Warnock still odds on favourite. Who's this Nixon guy.

He's a journalist who's Tweets are normally pretty accurate.
Hill to Blackburn? on 14:06 - May 20 with 2628 viewsupthedale

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:01 - May 20 by D_Alien

I'm sure SuddenLad is capable of speaking for himself, but anyone who follows this messageboard would tell you that you've gone completely over the top with that.

He's not someone who'd be in any way disrespectful of the unemployed - just the opposite in fact. I think most sensible people would understand what he was getting at with his post, even though it might've been better worded.

The reason I'm posting this isn't because I'm a mate of his - I've never met him. But it's not the first example of someone going well over the top through their misinterpretation of a simple post in this thread. If "Hill to Blackburn" is too sensitive a subject for some people, I'd advise them not to post at all.

I don't mean this argumentatively, but did you read the full conversation? SuddenLad noted that: "'Decent out of work managers'. Why are they out of work I wonder?"

I felt this was a silly comment and asked whether all unemployed people are out of work because they are rubbish at their line of work.....to which he essentially replied yes.

Perhaps I did go over the top in my reply, and I apologise for that, but the comment "Presumably those in employment are better options than those who aren't" is an unfair statement, and I completely stand by that.
Hill to Blackburn? on 14:10 - May 20 with 2607 viewsupthedale

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:00 - May 20 by SuddenLad

Grow up.

Trying to compare football management to any other type of employment is futile. 'Redundancy' applies when companies reduce the size of their working staff or go into administration or cease trading. That affects all, including the best employees, regardless of their length of service or individual abilities.

How many currently out of work football managers find themselves out of work for those reasons. ? The last club to cease trading was ??

Keith Hill was only out of work UNTIL his availability was known. Coleman was dispensed with (it should have been sooner) and Hill was reappointed at the earliest opportunity thereafter.

Coleman wasn't of the calibre required and was dragging us backwards on and off the field at an alarming rate. He was a crap manager during his reign here and was a shocking example to follow. Seeing him in clothing bearing a Dale logo made me want to puke.

The question of who is the better manager isn't even worthy of a debate and anyone with an ounce of intelligence would never make the assumption cotained in your final sentence..

I probably misinterpreted your last reply (in terms of which part of my post you were replying to), and if I did I apologise. The way I saw it - my last comment was "Are all unemployed people out of work because they are rubbish at their line of work?" to which you replied "Presumably, those in employment are better options than those who aren't".

And I'm sure you weren't saying Coleman was a better manager so I apologise for being pedantic with that. But my points stands whereby Keith Hill was sacked and unemployed at a time when many a lesser manager was still in employment, so it's unfair to make a general statement that all those in employment are better than those not. Sometimes circumstances dictate such things.
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:09 - May 23 with 2170 viewsmacro

BLACKBURN WANT JOYCE

Blackburn Rovers approach Manchester United for permission to speak to under 21 manager Warren Joyce about the vacant managerial position at Ewood Park, according to Sky sources.

So must for the short list then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024