Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheridan to Leeds? 07:59 - May 12 with 10233 viewsBartRowou

That's a crippling blow to Latics if it's true.

"Oldham boss and former Leeds midfielder John Sheridan has held a second round of talks about the Elland Road job and is now odds-on favourite with the bookies to make a return to the Yorkshire giants."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-evans-set-leeds-axe-7945915

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Sheridan to Leeds? on 08:14 - May 12 with 9542 viewsLuke8686

Whoever comes in to replace him at Oldham they will still manage to finish 16th-20th in league one for a 75th consecutive season
Sheridan to Leeds? on 08:46 - May 12 with 9480 viewsSuddenLad

Oldham are in a dreadful state, on and off the field.. Shezza knows exactly what the situation is and seems to be looking for a suitable opportunity to escape. He's kept them up, so job done, but I suspect that he doesn't much fancy another season scrapping at the bottom.

I doubt that there are any funds available to do anything with, so Leeds must be a tempting carrot to lure him away.

Who can blame him ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sheridan to Leeds? on 08:57 - May 12 with 9444 viewsdingdangblue

Sheridan to Leeds? on 08:46 - May 12 by SuddenLad

Oldham are in a dreadful state, on and off the field.. Shezza knows exactly what the situation is and seems to be looking for a suitable opportunity to escape. He's kept them up, so job done, but I suspect that he doesn't much fancy another season scrapping at the bottom.

I doubt that there are any funds available to do anything with, so Leeds must be a tempting carrot to lure him away.

Who can blame him ?

Would they be scrapping at the bottom if he was there though? Looking at the form table they are above us in the last 8 games.
http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england3

That would be like saying why is Keith Hill staying at Dale - they'll be scrapping at the bottom of the table. Which we most probably would be if Hill left.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sheridan to Leeds? on 10:52 - May 12 with 9258 viewslurker

Oldham's best players were loanees during their decent run at the end of the season.
Sheridan was a massive factor in their finally being organised and motivated.

I see trouble ahead for Oldham
Sheridan to Leeds? on 11:58 - May 12 with 9140 viewsSuddenLad

Sheridan to Leeds? on 08:57 - May 12 by dingdangblue

Would they be scrapping at the bottom if he was there though? Looking at the form table they are above us in the last 8 games.
http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england3

That would be like saying why is Keith Hill staying at Dale - they'll be scrapping at the bottom of the table. Which we most probably would be if Hill left.

As separate clubs, Dale are in the ascendancy, improving each season, albeit slowly. Oldham are worsening year on year and have struggled at this level for several seasons. They are going through managers at an alarming rate and seem completely rudderless. Nobody seems to have a grasp or grip on the tiller. Instaiblity is ruining them.

A table representing only 8 games is hardly a true reflection of the overall picture. You could pull the same stats for Sunderland who have avoided the drop by the skni of their teeth, but the reality is, life won't be much different next season (barring a very unlikely Leicester scenario).

Keith Hill is not under any illusions about Dale. He knows it from top to bottom, he has estalished - and more importantly, enjoys, - a fantastic working relationship at every level of the club and he is successfully building his own empire in the same way that Dario Gradi did at Crewe.

It takes years to do that and Gradi spent 23 years at Crewe establishing himself and his club. He got Crewe into the Championship and I see no reason why KH can't emulate that and it's getting closer with every passing season and every successful youngster who makes the first team adds to Keith Hills' reputation.

KH is a 'round peg' in a 'round hole' and that is a rare thing in footall management. He isn't 'unique' but there will be very few managers who have the same level of freedom within their clubs to operate in the same way.

The higher up the football pyramid, the more levels of bureaucracy that exist within the organisation. Too many people with too many fingers in the same pie, all vying for power and influence and interfering with the role of the manager.

Yes, Keith Hill will eventually leave Spotland, but I genuinely don't believe he will depart simply because he is offered a better salary or simply because the club is in a higher division. He is driven by his ambition to get this club in the Championship.

Why would he give up that for a black hole of uncertainty ?

Sheridan to Leeds? on 12:10 - May 12 with 9102 viewsdingdangblue

Sheridan to Leeds? on 11:58 - May 12 by SuddenLad

As separate clubs, Dale are in the ascendancy, improving each season, albeit slowly. Oldham are worsening year on year and have struggled at this level for several seasons. They are going through managers at an alarming rate and seem completely rudderless. Nobody seems to have a grasp or grip on the tiller. Instaiblity is ruining them.

A table representing only 8 games is hardly a true reflection of the overall picture. You could pull the same stats for Sunderland who have avoided the drop by the skni of their teeth, but the reality is, life won't be much different next season (barring a very unlikely Leicester scenario).

Keith Hill is not under any illusions about Dale. He knows it from top to bottom, he has estalished - and more importantly, enjoys, - a fantastic working relationship at every level of the club and he is successfully building his own empire in the same way that Dario Gradi did at Crewe.

It takes years to do that and Gradi spent 23 years at Crewe establishing himself and his club. He got Crewe into the Championship and I see no reason why KH can't emulate that and it's getting closer with every passing season and every successful youngster who makes the first team adds to Keith Hills' reputation.

KH is a 'round peg' in a 'round hole' and that is a rare thing in footall management. He isn't 'unique' but there will be very few managers who have the same level of freedom within their clubs to operate in the same way.

The higher up the football pyramid, the more levels of bureaucracy that exist within the organisation. Too many people with too many fingers in the same pie, all vying for power and influence and interfering with the role of the manager.

Yes, Keith Hill will eventually leave Spotland, but I genuinely don't believe he will depart simply because he is offered a better salary or simply because the club is in a higher division. He is driven by his ambition to get this club in the Championship.

I've not got the stats for all Sheridan's games in charge - but I imagine points per game they are mid table at least? Just saying if he stays he'll likely not be in the bottom 4. I know we are in a better position off the field but that is largely due to 1 man - Keith Hill. If he leaves Dale it could all unravel very quickly - like last time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:00 - May 12 with 8990 viewsJimmyRustler

Tbf him and Flicker had a plan to get us in the championship the last time he left and only took the Barnsley job out of desperation due to the fact that he wasn't offered his preferred job (Sheff Wed).

I personally think he's always on the lookout for chances to leave because of both his ego,his ambition to manage at a higher level and more importantly to raise his own personal stock. Of course this is just my personal opinon but from what I've seen, I reckon he's the type of guy who wants to be famous and would absolutely love to be given a platform like MOTD to show the world just what a 'character' he is.

Call me cynical but I think he would have already gone had the right job become available.
Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:01 - May 12 with 8987 viewsoff2div1

News in Leeds Cellino has been talking to a seria A manager that finished 17th sounds like another waste of time.Been watching them 2 seasons when Dale are away
Login to get fewer ads

Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:03 - May 12 with 8976 viewsfitzochris

Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:00 - May 12 by JimmyRustler

Tbf him and Flicker had a plan to get us in the championship the last time he left and only took the Barnsley job out of desperation due to the fact that he wasn't offered his preferred job (Sheff Wed).

I personally think he's always on the lookout for chances to leave because of both his ego,his ambition to manage at a higher level and more importantly to raise his own personal stock. Of course this is just my personal opinon but from what I've seen, I reckon he's the type of guy who wants to be famous and would absolutely love to be given a platform like MOTD to show the world just what a 'character' he is.

Call me cynical but I think he would have already gone had the right job become available.

It was Sheffield United that almost appointed Hilly prior to Barnsley.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:40 - May 12 with 8875 viewsD_Alien

Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:00 - May 12 by JimmyRustler

That was then, this is now (as the Monkees album had it)

What makes me optimistic about Hill staying put for at least another year is having the experience of burnt fingers at Barnsley, and the internal politics shenanigans SuddenLad refers to. At a club like Sheff Utd or Blackburn you can multiply that severalfold.

I've already referred to taking time and circumstances to reflect on life in another thread (before being rudely jumped on). Ambition is one thing, and nowt wrong with it, but happiness is something you can't put a price on.
[Post edited 12 May 2016 13:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:58 - May 12 with 8807 viewsdingdangblue

Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:40 - May 12 by D_Alien

That was then, this is now (as the Monkees album had it)

What makes me optimistic about Hill staying put for at least another year is having the experience of burnt fingers at Barnsley, and the internal politics shenanigans SuddenLad refers to. At a club like Sheff Utd or Blackburn you can multiply that severalfold.

I've already referred to taking time and circumstances to reflect on life in another thread (before being rudely jumped on). Ambition is one thing, and nowt wrong with it, but happiness is something you can't put a price on.
[Post edited 12 May 2016 13:47]

I suppose it might depend on anyone coming in for Allen or Camps too. If we accept bids or offers for both it makes next season here a lot tougher - thats 2 starters he'd have to replace and that cant be done overnight. If the squad isn't depleted he's got a real good chance next season.

Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:59 - May 12 with 8807 viewslurker

Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:01 - May 12 by off2div1

News in Leeds Cellino has been talking to a seria A manager that finished 17th sounds like another waste of time.Been watching them 2 seasons when Dale are away

Surprised at that. Hasn't he some mental superstition of the number 17?
Sheridan to Leeds? on 14:40 - May 12 with 8743 viewsBigKindo

........ meanwhile Big Boy Evens says he will continue with the pre-season planning at Leeds despite the fact that he is being linked with the jobs at Forest and Celtic.
Sheridan to Leeds? on 15:20 - May 12 with 8661 viewsSuddenLad

Sheridan to Leeds? on 14:40 - May 12 by BigKindo

........ meanwhile Big Boy Evens says he will continue with the pre-season planning at Leeds despite the fact that he is being linked with the jobs at Forest and Celtic.

How on earth does that bloke get linked with jobs like that ?

Unbelievable Jeff !

Sheridan to Leeds? on 15:25 - May 12 with 8653 viewsTVOS1907

Sheridan to Leeds? on 15:20 - May 12 by SuddenLad

Unbelievable Jeff !

Although he's a bit of a berk, his managerial record is pretty good.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sheridan to Leeds? on 15:37 - May 12 with 8612 viewsBigKindo

Sheridan to Leeds? on 15:20 - May 12 by SuddenLad

Unbelievable Jeff !

Perhaps he threatens to sit on people?
Sheridan to Leeds? on 16:00 - May 12 with 8559 viewsdingdangblue

Sheridan to Leeds? on 15:25 - May 12 by TVOS1907

Although he's a bit of a berk, his managerial record is pretty good.

7 promotions is more than pretty good.

Sheridan to Leeds? on 18:12 - May 12 with 8395 viewsTVOS1907

Sheridan to Leeds? on 16:00 - May 12 by dingdangblue

7 promotions is more than pretty good.

Precisely

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sheridan to Leeds? on 22:51 - May 12 with 8116 viewsR17ALE

Sheridan to Leeds? on 13:59 - May 12 by lurker

Surprised at that. Hasn't he some mental superstition of the number 17?

I hope not. I've applied for the job!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Sheridan to Leeds? on 07:52 - May 13 with 7916 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Although Evans is a weegie he doesn't fit the 'Celtic-minded' profile the club seem obsessed with finding in their new man.

With a tax evasion conviction against him...he'd probably be more suited at Ibrox!
Sheridan to Leeds? on 08:58 - May 13 with 7860 viewsbiffoboffo

8 games isn't enough you are correct. So lets look at the 19 games that lead to safety. (I am ignoring the first game he was in charge as it was for a matter of hours before kick off)

Played: 19
Won: 9
Drawn: 6
Lost: 4

That's equivalent to 80 points over a season.

"Round pegs in round holes" Couldn't agree more. Sheridan is a round peg in a round hole at Latics too... always was as a player and a manager.

All of this proves that at this level the manager REALLY matters. If Sheridan is tempted away then yes we will struggle. Just as Dale would if Hill left. I think Dale would almost certainly be in a relegation battle too without Hill due to the fact that they will struggle to attract a new high quality manager, as Latics will if Sheridan leaves.

Incidentally the 3 key loan players Sheridan got in to help us survive were hardly big names or prem strarlets. They were 3 players from Wycombe, Burton and Doncaster that weren't getting a game. He got a tune out of them. He is a good manager pure and simple.

So in summary yes Latics will struggle if Sheridan leaves, but no, they wont if he doesn't.

If Sheridan was offered Leeds or Shef Wed he would be off in a shot. If Hill was offered Blackburn (perhaps Bolton, but they are a royal mess still) I think he'd also be off in a shot. But luckily for both of us none of these are that likely.
Sheridan to Leeds? on 22:28 - May 13 with 7598 viewsoff2div1

Sheridan to Leeds? on 15:37 - May 12 by BigKindo

Perhaps he threatens to sit on people?

Have you seen him recently he has lost loads of weight will end up with the same physic as Bunney if he looses anymore.May have lost weight due to working for Cellino
Sheridan to Leeds? on 22:46 - May 13 with 7572 viewsdalestats

Sheridan to Leeds? on 22:28 - May 13 by off2div1

Have you seen him recently he has lost loads of weight will end up with the same physic as Bunney if he looses anymore.May have lost weight due to working for Cellino

He's probably taking Herbalife!

Poll: Remain in the eu

Sheridan to Leeds? on 01:03 - May 14 with 7481 viewsdingdangblue

Sheridan to Leeds? on 14:11 - May 27 with 7017 viewsBartRowou

Confirmed...

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-john-sheridan-depart

Had it been Leeds, at least it would have looked like a step up for him. But Notts County? That says a lot about the state of things at BP.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024