Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Euro squad announced 11:38 - May 16 with 8559 viewsShun

About halfway down this link:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36300164

I would've perhaps taken Defoe instead of Sturridge but other than that it looks ok. Only three central defenders though, unless Walker can play there too.
England Euro squad announced on 19:49 - May 17 with 1818 viewsRalphs12

England Euro squad announced on 12:16 - May 17 by JimmyRustler

Defoe SHOULD be in the squad. That's my point. I'd rather take Defoe to see if he's still capable rather than take Rashford who's a young lad and has scored 4 Premier League goals. He hasn't even warranted being mentioned in the same breath as the word England. If he didn't play for a big club there's absolutely no way in hell he would have been touted for a call up but I'm blaming the media hype train for that.

Wilshere's inclusion is a joke. There's nothing far-fetched about that statement. Even if I agreed with you about him being our best midfielder (which I'm honestly not sure of), taking him after such a long lay off and playing so little football is farcical, especially when we the alternatives have been playing for their clubs all season and playing well (Noble).

Townsend couldn't get a look in at Spurs and then got sold to Newcastle since January and has put in probably a couple of good performances if that. Not enough game time and can't really be classed as an inform player. Unsurprising that he's been picked because he seems like one of Hodgson's boys but again a shocker nonetheless.

Delph has been injured for an absolute age and wasn't exactly pulling up trees when playing for City. Doesn't have as much about him as Wilshere, so bringing him in for the cold is even more baffling. I don't care if these players have been playing for England previously or not. Including players when they've barely played for their club all season smacks of a closed shop and a job for the boys. Joke inclusion.

Then look at the alternatives I offered.

Defoe - played all season and bang in form in a shocking team with no service

Noble - played all season. West Ham's linchpin and has been unfairly overlooked for a while. Face doesn't fit maybe?

Jagielka - England regular (seeing as that seems to make such a big difference you both yourself and Roy). Hasn't had a great season but has been a million percent better than Stones who looks like a nervous wreck nowadays.

Zaha - played all season and had a fairly decent one.

Lennon - arguably Everton's best player after Lukaku this season. Formed a good partnership with Coleman down the right, not unlike one he could form with Walker (and did do at Spurs).

Chambers - hasn't played much so doesn't deserve to be in contention BUT a better option than Stones IMO. Came on at HT during the season for Arsenal (can't remember which game this second) but produced the best defensive display of any Arsenal CH all season according to my Arsenal supporting mate. Dropped by Wenger next game cause he's a tool but showed a glimpse of things to come.

I don't think calling the selections a joke is a step too far. Were they surprising? For the most part no but that's only because every single England manager we've had in the past 20 years has been a yes man and a job for the boys character.

Noble is the one who should be the most disapponted. Literally don't know what you have to do to get into that team now he hasn't been picked.

I started writing a long winded reply, then I re read what you'd said and got to chambers and deleted everything, whats the point.

You dont want Wilshere to go but you want Chambers to go cause your mates said he was good after coming on at half time and showed a glimpse of something to come (I dont know a single Arsenal fan, who is arsed that hes not in the squad, not even mentioned his name), but at the same time lets not take Rashford who has on more than one occasion showed a glimpse of what he could potentially do.

Either way Roy can't please everyone.
England Euro squad announced on 20:54 - May 17 with 1754 viewsClivert

England Euro squad announced on 19:49 - May 17 by Ralphs12

I started writing a long winded reply, then I re read what you'd said and got to chambers and deleted everything, whats the point.

You dont want Wilshere to go but you want Chambers to go cause your mates said he was good after coming on at half time and showed a glimpse of something to come (I dont know a single Arsenal fan, who is arsed that hes not in the squad, not even mentioned his name), but at the same time lets not take Rashford who has on more than one occasion showed a glimpse of what he could potentially do.

They'll be people out that there that would give Lampard and Gerrard another go in midfield together rather than select the 'shyte' in Roy's midfield!
England Euro squad announced on 21:42 - May 17 with 1700 viewsBrierls

I think we'll see one of Delph/Drinkwater, Townsend & Rashford left out of the final 23.

It's a big risk going into the Euros with potentially three midfielders who can't possibly be match fit in Delph, Henderson & Wilshere. Delph has played very little football and not done much when he has played, but he had a very good game for England in that holding midfield position. Dier is absolutely first choice there, but Delph or Drinkwater can provide decent backup.

I wouldn't be too dissapointed to see Rashford go ahead of Sturridge, but I think Sturridge's record and experience will see him get the nod.
England Euro squad announced on 23:14 - May 17 with 1628 viewsJimmyRustler

England Euro squad announced on 19:49 - May 17 by Ralphs12

No, I actually said Chambers shouldn't be in contention but he's a better option than Stones.

At least read my post first before spouting your usual vitriol.
England Euro squad announced on 23:58 - May 17 with 1599 viewsDaley_Lama

Rooney made his audition to play in midfield tonight for Man U.

Scored one and set one up.

Poll: DF in or out

England Euro squad announced on 19:11 - May 26 with 1390 viewsD_Alien

Delph out with a groin strain

How convenient

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36339159

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024