Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket renewaql 23:33 - May 18 with 14678 viewsirisaln

What is the last date that I can claim my seat that I had last season when I book my season ticket?
Season ticket renewaql on 11:23 - May 26 with 2541 viewsSuddenLad

And for what it's worth I know 2 people who have bought season tickets for the first time ever, 2 who have renewed, one of whom was originally 'ever goig to buy one again'.

Only the club will know the true figures, but people make decisions, then change their minds for many different reasons.

My personal belief is that sales will be down overall for purely financial reasons.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season ticket renewaql on 11:53 - May 26 with 2501 viewsdeeplishblue

We have renewed our 3 tickets, took a bit of a hit as well as my youngest lad is no longer 16 or under.

The idea that we were going to get a reduction in season ticket prices seemed to build up a head of steam on here for no apparent reason.

I hope that the reluctance to renew does not have a big financial impact on the club as this will benefit no one at at all.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Season ticket renewaql on 11:57 - May 26 with 2498 viewsLS27Rdale

ive just email ColinGarlick for info as to how many ST have been sold compared to May last year.

I also requested details of the whereabouts of the info that stated the early bird discount price would be scrapped....as reminded to me by ColinG....

Anyone else feel they got a bog standard response from RAFC?
Season ticket renewaql on 12:08 - May 26 with 2479 viewsdawlishdale

Season ticket renewaql on 10:08 - May 26 by TVOS1907

"but it looks like many of the fans who were so vocal at the time have backed down and renewed"

How do you know this information?

Only a gut feeling based on speaking with supporters and reading this thread. As I say, "it looks like" which is quite different to saying " they have".

I'm up in Rochdale at the moment and several people who were strongly against renewing when the announcement was made have told me that they have decided to renew. It doesn't mean that they are not annoyed with the club though. Each & every one of them has decided to spend less in other ways which needs to be factored into account by the club when it looks at the merits of the price rise. Cancelling Goldbond, not purchasing Summer Draw tickets and not renewing Trust membership have all been mentioned.

It will be interesting to find out the numbers we sell this year and compare it to last season, but I expect the club will not be keen to reveal the numbers if they are indeed down. In fact, does anyone on here know how many season tickets we sold for the past season?
Season ticket renewaql on 12:48 - May 26 with 2395 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket renewaql on 11:53 - May 26 by deeplishblue

We have renewed our 3 tickets, took a bit of a hit as well as my youngest lad is no longer 16 or under.

The idea that we were going to get a reduction in season ticket prices seemed to build up a head of steam on here for no apparent reason.

I hope that the reluctance to renew does not have a big financial impact on the club as this will benefit no one at at all.

Not buying a season ticket doesn't have a big financial impact on the Club, the only way that would happen is if those fans didn't attend matches. It could be argued that those paying through the gate every game are of more value to the Club than those who purchase a season ticket.

Reluctance to renew probably involves having a big financial impact on individuals family's for some,which is more important than watching a Football Match. It would be nice for those of us who pay full price to be helped a bit by trying to entice other adults to get up to Spotland and take some of the financial pressure off the loyal supporters, but that's not been addressed. In fact, the increase makes the likelihood of attracting lapsed/new adult supporters to games even more remote.
[Post edited 26 May 2016 12:52]
Season ticket renewaql on 13:02 - May 26 with 2374 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket renewaql on 12:48 - May 26 by TalkingSutty

Not buying a season ticket doesn't have a big financial impact on the Club, the only way that would happen is if those fans didn't attend matches. It could be argued that those paying through the gate every game are of more value to the Club than those who purchase a season ticket.

Reluctance to renew probably involves having a big financial impact on individuals family's for some,which is more important than watching a Football Match. It would be nice for those of us who pay full price to be helped a bit by trying to entice other adults to get up to Spotland and take some of the financial pressure off the loyal supporters, but that's not been addressed. In fact, the increase makes the likelihood of attracting lapsed/new adult supporters to games even more remote.
[Post edited 26 May 2016 12:52]

The thing with paying on the door though , if you go off last season, we had 4 home games in August (including the home cup game). I know for a fact without a season ticket I wouldn't have paid nearly £80 to go as id just had a family holiday at the start of the month. Crowds will definitely suffer if season ticket sales are down.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season ticket renewaql on 13:08 - May 26 with 2360 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket renewaql on 11:57 - May 26 by LS27Rdale

ive just email ColinGarlick for info as to how many ST have been sold compared to May last year.

I also requested details of the whereabouts of the info that stated the early bird discount price would be scrapped....as reminded to me by ColinG....

If there's no early bird offer its a waste of time trying to compare with last season, most of those intending to renew will probably do it just prior to the start if the season. If we get an influx of a extra 500 kids and maybe 100 or so adults during the months of September and October then i think the action plan regarding the pricing of season tickets could be deemed as worthwhile.

That's only a very small percentage of the targeted customer base and should be easily achievable. It's not going to bring much money into the Club in the short term but further down the line it might bear fruit. I think it's success will hinge on how well the offer is marketed/promoted over the next couple of months.
Season ticket renewaql on 13:12 - May 26 with 2355 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket renewaql on 13:02 - May 26 by dingdangblue

The thing with paying on the door though , if you go off last season, we had 4 home games in August (including the home cup game). I know for a fact without a season ticket I wouldn't have paid nearly £80 to go as id just had a family holiday at the start of the month. Crowds will definitely suffer if season ticket sales are down.

That's why Season Tickets have to be pitched right. There comes a point when fans will say 'enough is enough'. We are surrounded by Clubs who are paying a lot less for a Season Ticket than we are, that's the bottom line.
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket renewaql on 13:12 - May 26 with 2353 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket renewaql on 11:57 - May 26 by LS27Rdale

Wasn't the early bird discount still in place at this time last year, and if so, any like-for-like comparison would be meaningless?

The only benefit of renewing early this year seems to be a bunch of vouchers "worth" £100 (you just need to spend £200+ to free up that value).

#milkingmachinesattheready

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season ticket renewaql on 13:26 - May 26 with 2318 views_dezzy

I've just got mine, I might miss some with the job I do now, I don't really care. Its money towards the club I love.

PS also my 30th year now

KHBA

Season ticket renewaql on 13:26 - May 26 with 2315 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket renewaql on 13:12 - May 26 by DaleiLama

Wasn't the early bird discount still in place at this time last year, and if so, any like-for-like comparison would be meaningless?

The only benefit of renewing early this year seems to be a bunch of vouchers "worth" £100 (you just need to spend £200+ to free up that value).

I believe the 20 pound pre- match meal voucher is no longer included which again is something I can't get my head around.

The season ticket holder is basically paying twenty quid for a three course meal which the Club will obviously not lose money on. Having used my voucher for the last game of the season I can confirm the meal was just ok, probably worth the twenty quid,but not more.

The Season Ticket holder will then make a day of it and maybe purchase a bottle of wine with the meal alongside beer etc, so during the course of the day money is going over the bar and it plants the seed in the head of supporters to utilise the facility again. Issuing the voucher isn't going to lose the Club money, so why withdraw it?
Season ticket renewaql on 13:28 - May 26 with 2305 views100notout

If you had a season ticket last year, there is a voucher that gives you £25 off the price of this years season ticket if you buy it before 4th June (Its almost the only one I use!)

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season ticket renewal on 13:34 - May 26 with 2285 viewsupthedale

Do you also have to renew by 4th June to enable you to use the voucher (for money off a season ticket) from last year? I may have made that up - does anyone know please?

It may be worth considering that those who are paying on the day might not even pay full price for each game - if we end up doing any offers in the season then this will benefit those without season tickets, not those with.

I've been debating whether to renew, I'm annoyed at the "no increase of prices" fiasco along with the misleading "free U11s". I miss a few games like other people have said so a season ticket probably won't benefit me financially but I do like the fact a season ticket "forces" me to games. If I got home from work at 7.30 on a horrible Tuesday night I probably wouldn't rush to spend £20 and watch a game, whereas a season ticket ensures I go. I enjoy supporting Rochdale and in my case it's nice as a bit of family time too, so I think that will probably mean I panic renew next week!
Season ticket renewaql on 13:34 - May 26 with 2285 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket renewaql on 13:28 - May 26 by 100notout

If you had a season ticket last year, there is a voucher that gives you £25 off the price of this years season ticket if you buy it before 4th June (Its almost the only one I use!)

The £25 voucher off has replaced the early bird offer. Last year was a double discount because prices were going up. So most fans got 10% off ontop of their £25 voucher. Personally I would scrap the vouchers and go back to early bird - pretty sure most fans would prefer this.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Season ticket renewal on 13:35 - May 26 with 2282 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket renewal on 13:34 - May 26 by upthedale

Do you also have to renew by 4th June to enable you to use the voucher (for money off a season ticket) from last year? I may have made that up - does anyone know please?

It may be worth considering that those who are paying on the day might not even pay full price for each game - if we end up doing any offers in the season then this will benefit those without season tickets, not those with.

I've been debating whether to renew, I'm annoyed at the "no increase of prices" fiasco along with the misleading "free U11s". I miss a few games like other people have said so a season ticket probably won't benefit me financially but I do like the fact a season ticket "forces" me to games. If I got home from work at 7.30 on a horrible Tuesday night I probably wouldn't rush to spend £20 and watch a game, whereas a season ticket ensures I go. I enjoy supporting Rochdale and in my case it's nice as a bit of family time too, so I think that will probably mean I panic renew next week!

Yes, you cant use voucher after the 4th and you don't get vouchers after the 4th either.

Season ticket renewal on 13:41 - May 26 with 2055 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket renewal on 13:35 - May 26 by dingdangblue

Yes, you cant use voucher after the 4th and you don't get vouchers after the 4th either.

Basically with the cut off date and the vouchers the club are trying to pressurise fans to renew - because it not only affects this seasons price but next seasons also. They are trying to be clever - but it may backfire if they've not priced it desirably/ correctly.
[Post edited 26 May 2016 13:43]

Season ticket renewal on 14:09 - May 26 with 1987 viewsSandyman

Season ticket renewal on 13:41 - May 26 by dingdangblue

Basically with the cut off date and the vouchers the club are trying to pressurise fans to renew - because it not only affects this seasons price but next seasons also. They are trying to be clever - but it may backfire if they've not priced it desirably/ correctly.
[Post edited 26 May 2016 13:43]

...which in theory, assuming there are no further increases, could mean someone being required to pay £62 more for a season ticket in 2017 than they did in 2015 (£37 increase plus no £25 off voucher) . This will be an even bigger incentive not to renew in future for those who lapse this season.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...
Season ticket renewaql on 15:12 - May 26 with 1925 viewsWill_RAFC

Reluctantly renewing next week, only because I intend on being at all home games. Im still as annoyed at the price and the freeze fiasco as I was when it was announced.

If the club fancy publishing any bank holiday any extended opening hours that would be a great help!
Season ticket renewaql on 16:55 - May 26 with 1829 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Season ticket renewaql on 13:26 - May 26 by _dezzy

I've just got mine, I might miss some with the job I do now, I don't really care. Its money towards the club I love.

PS also my 30th year now

Dezzy and many others, makes the most pertinant point......Most on here love the Club and those friends associated with it.....I don't think anyone within the Club is stashing cash away like other milky bar Directors at other local clubs. As a club we are still skint..

Income from ST sales goes directly to Players and Staff salaries.......pay peanuts you get monkeys etc etc. We have to remain competitive.

PS I have never bought a Season Ticket..........cash on turnstile only.
Season ticket renewaql on 18:13 - May 26 with 1776 viewspioneer

Season ticket renewaql on 16:55 - May 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Dezzy and many others, makes the most pertinant point......Most on here love the Club and those friends associated with it.....I don't think anyone within the Club is stashing cash away like other milky bar Directors at other local clubs. As a club we are still skint..

Income from ST sales goes directly to Players and Staff salaries.......pay peanuts you get monkeys etc etc. We have to remain competitive.

Unlikely that anyone on here disagrees with that... but many do disagree with the idea that increasing ST prices (which is effectively what was done) is an effective way to maintain or increase support (and hence revenue).

Maybe instead of always comparing ourselves with a bunch of dodgy characters down the road we should compare ourselves with other small clubs who have achieved more than us. If your only point of reference is the worst then you are unlikely to achieve much.
Season ticket renewaql on 19:32 - May 26 with 1706 viewsnordenblue

Season ticket renewaql on 16:55 - May 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

The balance sheet would suggest we as a club are far from skint,now was THE perfect opportunity to drop ST prices even to silly cheap even, if not just so they've at least tried it.

I would have definitely bought one and attended most games,as it is ill just hand pick the decent games instead and spend nowhere near as much as in recent seasons.
Season ticket renewaql on 21:25 - May 26 with 1632 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket renewaql on 19:32 - May 26 by nordenblue

The balance sheet would suggest we as a club are far from skint,now was THE perfect opportunity to drop ST prices even to silly cheap even, if not just so they've at least tried it.

I would have definitely bought one and attended most games,as it is ill just hand pick the decent games instead and spend nowhere near as much as in recent seasons.

Not only did the club have a good year financially, but they also bought the stadium. A once in a lifetime opportunity to build a lot of goodwill, increase the gates and try to capitalise on all the opportunities that would arise.

Saw the bus driver from Crewe who won £5M+ on the lottery went out and bought 2 Everton season tickets with his winnings. Sai he couldn't afford 2 tickets to Spotland.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season ticket renewaql on 08:20 - May 27 with 1526 viewsMoonyDale

Not sure how many have changed their mind and bought one, no way will I be joining them though. I'll stick to cherry picking my home games and spending nothing inside the ground or in the club shop, I'll take in the away games at Bury and Oldham for good measure and will check out a couple of the friendlies......I can safely say that I will not purchase a season ticket again......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Season ticket renewaql on 08:56 - May 27 with 1495 viewsrobbowood

Season ticket renewaql on 08:20 - May 27 by MoonyDale

Not sure how many have changed their mind and bought one, no way will I be joining them though. I'll stick to cherry picking my home games and spending nothing inside the ground or in the club shop, I'll take in the away games at Bury and Oldham for good measure and will check out a couple of the friendlies......I can safely say that I will not purchase a season ticket again......

Fair enough don't ever buy a season ticket ever again and only come and watch the Dale occasionally if you feel like it

But I don't see why you are telling everybody on this forum of your future plans
Season ticket renewaql on 09:07 - May 27 with 1471 viewsMoonyDale

Season ticket renewaql on 08:56 - May 27 by robbowood

Fair enough don't ever buy a season ticket ever again and only come and watch the Dale occasionally if you feel like it

But I don't see why you are telling everybody on this forum of your future plans

Because it's a thread about season tickets and the topic was raised regarding those who had changed their minds after saying they were not renewing. Also it's a forum for discussion by any member on any subject that has been raised, your permission is not required before I post and if your opinion is required I'll be sure to let you know.

Actually no I won't as your opinion is irrelevant so it would be helpful if you would kindly fk off.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024