Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keyless entry cars 19:33 - May 25 with 2536 viewsEllGazzell

Just a bit of info for anyone with Keyless entry such as the VW/Audi KESSY like mine should see this. Happened to me on Monday, fortunately the car was only ransacked for contents and not boosted. Only way to prevent it is to store the keys in a Faraday shield at home or have some physical protection like a gear lock etc. I'm fully fitted out with a tracker but been told they are easily jammed so an integrated gear lock or a secret dead switch is the best bet.

Dunno if it's been publicised there yet, but it's rife in Germany and seems to be catching on here.

They got mine from over 120m away!!!

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Keyless entry cars on 19:45 - May 25 with 2486 viewsDySporting

Several years ago now at Leyton Orient away I had my car stolen. Police told me that the code in the key was cloned. Left it happily, took the photos came back to no car! It's a trick which has been happening for years unfortunately.
Keyless entry cars on 20:01 - May 25 with 2429 viewsEllGazzell

Keyless entry cars on 19:45 - May 25 by DySporting

Several years ago now at Leyton Orient away I had my car stolen. Police told me that the code in the key was cloned. Left it happily, took the photos came back to no car! It's a trick which has been happening for years unfortunately.

Keyless entry and start has no codes, I asked about cloning and intercepting when I was considering it, and they told me it's not possible - there are no codes involved, it's a chip matched to the car on rolling frequency changes.

What this technique does is get the car to talk to the key as if it is next to it (as it has to be to open and inside to start). So they used my key, in the house to open the car by boosting the request from the car and the response signal using a $200 amplifier.

It's only applicable to keyless open and go systems, and other than blocking the key's ability to receive and send when it's in the house, there is no way to prevent it.

Just putting it here as keyless entry and start is becoming more widespread and if it stops one car from being boosted, then that'l do for me.

Keyless entry cars on 21:05 - May 25 with 2320 viewselectricblue

Bloody hell..
I better tell the missus as ours is a.keyless motor.....

Hope your insurance will pay up....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Keyless entry cars on 21:28 - May 25 with 2277 viewsEllGazzell

Keyless entry cars on 21:05 - May 25 by electricblue

Bloody hell..
I better tell the missus as ours is a.keyless motor.....

Hope your insurance will pay up....

That's the tricky bit, as it uses the key to open (and start), it's not easy to prove to them that it was not left open.

Fortunately for me, on my kessy version, the car auto locks after a few minutes and a key not in range so it can't be left unlocked.

Like I said, keyless entry and start are all vulnerable to this and the only way is to keep the keys in the house in a faraday box to isolate them. Service at dealers told me to put them in the fridge for now as it's the most insulated thing in the house until I get a purpose box for them.

All sounds a bit much but when you watch that video and how easy and simple it is, it's shocking. As I said, my car was over 100m away and the key well inside the apartment and they got it linked up... fookers that they are.

Keyless entry cars on 06:21 - May 26 with 2123 viewsaleanddale

Keyless entry cars on 21:28 - May 25 by EllGazzell

That's the tricky bit, as it uses the key to open (and start), it's not easy to prove to them that it was not left open.

Fortunately for me, on my kessy version, the car auto locks after a few minutes and a key not in range so it can't be left unlocked.

Like I said, keyless entry and start are all vulnerable to this and the only way is to keep the keys in the house in a faraday box to isolate them. Service at dealers told me to put them in the fridge for now as it's the most insulated thing in the house until I get a purpose box for them.

All sounds a bit much but when you watch that video and how easy and simple it is, it's shocking. As I said, my car was over 100m away and the key well inside the apartment and they got it linked up... fookers that they are.

So German for keyless... Is erm.. Keyless.

Never knew that!! My German is improving.
Keyless entry cars on 10:11 - May 26 with 2014 views100notout

Keyless entry cars on 06:21 - May 26 by aleanddale

So German for keyless... Is erm.. Keyless.

Never knew that!! My German is improving.

reminds me of Delboy .......

Del - One of my most favouritist meals is Duck à l'Orange, but I don't know how to say that in French.

Rodney - It's canard.

Del - You can say that again bruv!

Rodney - No the French word for duck is canard.

Del - Is it? I thought that was something to do with the QE2?

Rodney - No that's Cunard. They're the ones with the boats and what have you. The French for duck is canard.

Del - Right lovely jubbly. Right, so how do the French say à l'Orange then?

Rodney - A l'Orange!

Del - What, the same as we do?

Rodney - Yes

Del - Oh dear, it's a pity they don't use more of our words innit eh?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024