Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defenders 12:48 - May 27 with 2546 viewsJimlidale

I live and work in the South East and a few of my friends and colleagues are Brighton fans. One said that Calderon and Greer could be worth a punt as defenders, any thoughts?
Defenders on 12:52 - May 27 with 2520 viewsParkinsGimp

Would they cost money and would they "Hit the North" ?
Think their wage expectations would be too much for us....perhaps bury could sign them , maybe offer them a wage increase ;-)
Defenders on 12:58 - May 27 with 2489 viewsBrierls

That would be 34 year old Calderon, and 35 year old Greer? No thanks.
Defenders on 16:28 - May 27 with 2320 viewsParkinsGimp

Defenders on 12:58 - May 27 by Brierls

That would be 34 year old Calderon, and 35 year old Greer? No thanks.

Could still do a job Brierls, we need leadership at the back, McNulty is a clown. How old was Jobson when he came? he was very good marshalling the defence . But these two will be on big money, same with Duff at burnley( though I presume he will be retiring), Duff and Long from over the hill would be a very good partnership to build a solid defence on.
Defenders on 17:01 - May 27 with 2232 viewsrichfoad32

I live in Brighton and have been to a few BHA games this season as well as seen them multiple times on Sky as they've been a popular choice because they were in the promotion hunt. Greer could definitely still do a job at our level, he started to show his age a bit this season but would be solid and provide experience. Whether we could afford him is debatable, I wouldn't be surprised to see him head back to Scotland. Calderon, I would pass. Bit of a cult hero with the Albion fans because he's one of those wholehearted players, but I've never really rated him. Besides, word is he'll be fixed up with some sort of ambassadorial role with the club as he's extremely popular in these parts.

Brighton have however released left back Adam Chicksen who was quite highly rated a few years back with MK. Never really had much of a chance but still only 24, well worth a punt but I should imagine there'll be a lot of interest in his services.
Defenders on 17:08 - May 27 with 2208 viewsSuddenLad

Saw Chicksen at Spotland. (He has an oriental look about him if I remember rightly.) Can't say he impressed me. Looked a very ordinary player. Complete with headband !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Defenders on 17:21 - May 27 with 2177 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Defenders on 17:08 - May 27 by SuddenLad

Saw Chicksen at Spotland. (He has an oriental look about him if I remember rightly.) Can't say he impressed me. Looked a very ordinary player. Complete with headband !

Yeah I remember Chicksen too.........built a bit like Bunny but more speed.
Defenders on 20:00 - May 27 with 1972 viewsBrierls

Defenders on 16:28 - May 27 by ParkinsGimp

Could still do a job Brierls, we need leadership at the back, McNulty is a clown. How old was Jobson when he came? he was very good marshalling the defence . But these two will be on big money, same with Duff at burnley( though I presume he will be retiring), Duff and Long from over the hill would be a very good partnership to build a solid defence on.

McNulty played alongside a clown. He improved massively once Lancashire was out of the side, even playing at left back he was defensively sound.

Hilly went against the 'DNA' of his recruitment policy when he signed Holty, and I think it's fair to say he had more of an impact off the pitch than on it. I can't see Hilly signing anybody who is 34+.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024