Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glen Hoddle 20:06 - May 27 with 3031 viewsonedalefan

Doesn't he talk a load of rubbish!
Glen Hoddle on 21:45 - May 27 with 2963 viewsnordenblue

I think he's got a very good eye for detail and talks a lot of tactical sense personally.
Glen Hoddle on 23:08 - May 27 with 2865 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Tell us about the Diamond,Glen ....... wtf?
Glen Hoddle on 00:26 - May 28 with 2812 viewsKenBoon

He's a half-decent, for me.
Glen Hoddle on 06:08 - May 28 with 2746 viewsdavidab2202

Most of the time find him amongst the better pundits,but last night got to say he could have been Rashford's Dad!!!!. Could be that the lad will be World Footballer of the Year by the end of next season,but why oh why do we talk up every promising youngster to be something at this moment in time that they may one day aspire to.Good Luck to the lad ,probably should be in the squad for France to be fair.On a different note ,hope Tom Heaton had a bonus clause written into his club contract.... in case I ever become a full International
Glen Hoddle on 06:35 - May 28 with 2733 viewsrochedale

Much rather listen to Hoddle than most of the others. Knows his stuff. If he hadn't have made 'that remark' I think he could've been one of England's greatest managers.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Glen Hoddle on 07:39 - May 28 with 2698 viewsTalkingSutty

Glen Hoddle on 06:08 - May 28 by davidab2202

Most of the time find him amongst the better pundits,but last night got to say he could have been Rashford's Dad!!!!. Could be that the lad will be World Footballer of the Year by the end of next season,but why oh why do we talk up every promising youngster to be something at this moment in time that they may one day aspire to.Good Luck to the lad ,probably should be in the squad for France to be fair.On a different note ,hope Tom Heaton had a bonus clause written into his club contract.... in case I ever become a full International

Rashfords got loads of potential and I don't think we will have many problems in the final third. Defensively we look as poor as normal, quality players will pass the ball through our static back line and defending set pieces will always cause us problems.Smallings had a decent season but I still don't rate him as a top class defender.Harts hot and cold and he's always likely to do something rash.

Australia gave our defenders the run around at times last night which doesn't bode well over the next few weeks. Say what you want about Rooney, he's still one of the only world class footballers we have in the squad.

Sturridge needs to pick his bottom lip up ( face like a slapped arse) and start getting on the pitch, he's making a good living out of being constantly injured. Sterling needs to stop running down one way streets and actually lift his head up, releasing the ball at the right time would also be nice. Henderson needs to be left at home, a very over rated footballer who highlights how muddled Hodgsons thinking must be.

I don't like being negative on such a beautiful morning but I don't think this lot are going to get out of the group stage, the starting eleven should be bedding in during these friendlies but at the moment I don't think the managers got a clue what his best eleven is.
[Post edited 28 May 2016 7:46]
Glen Hoddle on 08:13 - May 28 with 2671 viewsColDale

I've heard it said that Hoddle is considered one of the best tacticians in the game but his man management skills are dreadful.
Glen Hoddle on 08:25 - May 28 with 2659 viewsdavidab2202

Glen Hoddle on 07:39 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

Rashfords got loads of potential and I don't think we will have many problems in the final third. Defensively we look as poor as normal, quality players will pass the ball through our static back line and defending set pieces will always cause us problems.Smallings had a decent season but I still don't rate him as a top class defender.Harts hot and cold and he's always likely to do something rash.

Australia gave our defenders the run around at times last night which doesn't bode well over the next few weeks. Say what you want about Rooney, he's still one of the only world class footballers we have in the squad.

Sturridge needs to pick his bottom lip up ( face like a slapped arse) and start getting on the pitch, he's making a good living out of being constantly injured. Sterling needs to stop running down one way streets and actually lift his head up, releasing the ball at the right time would also be nice. Henderson needs to be left at home, a very over rated footballer who highlights how muddled Hodgsons thinking must be.

I don't like being negative on such a beautiful morning but I don't think this lot are going to get out of the group stage, the starting eleven should be bedding in during these friendlies but at the moment I don't think the managers got a clue what his best eleven is.

Can't argue with much of your post.
Concerned that there seems to be an idea as to Wiltshire being a defensive midfielder to shield a poor central defence Obvious problem of having many players involved in Cup Finals,but would hope that the next friendly does reflect the likely team to go into the opening group match. Barclay would be the player to worry me a little bit as he is another player who seems in my opinion to have lost his way from where he was 12 months ago.Perhaps the problem of being in a team at Everton that under performed for much of the season .A fit Sturridge would in my view be a nailed on in the team,but the "I've got a chip on my shoulder bigger then a ton of King Edwards"version might be better left back on Merseyside to sort out what he actually wants to do with his life and try to get finally fully fit for next season wherever that might be.
Login to get fewer ads

Glen Hoddle on 08:59 - May 28 with 2632 views442Dale

On the subject of pundits, I like Lee Dixon. Must be a right back thing, they really know their football.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Glen Hoddle on 09:51 - May 28 with 2585 viewsmidlandsdale

He should be in the England set up as he clearly has much to offer. Just because he isn't a good man manager shouldn't stop England using his technical nous. Technical nous that most of our other managers seem to lack. But for his ill advised comments back in the 90's he really could have been great for the national team.

He can still probably do things with the ball skill wise that he always did, and there will always be respect from current players for his legend status.
Glen Hoddle on 10:12 - May 28 with 2555 viewsroccydaleian

Glen Hoddle on 07:39 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

Anyone think Craig Dawson is as good as any of the current England defenders?
Glen Hoddle on 10:45 - May 28 with 2511 viewsSaxonDale

Glen Hoddle on 08:13 - May 28 by ColDale

I've heard it said that Hoddle is considered one of the best tacticians in the game but his man management skills are dreadful.

Gary Neville says pretty much that in his book. Apparently at an England meet up Hoddle arranged a social event for the players. Upon arriving the England players were greeted by a classical pianist and bottles of water galore- probably not what the average 20something year old has in mind when discussing a social event. Needless to say several players ended up sneaking out and having a 'proper' night on the town. Stories like this suggest a Hoddlr dressing room was never completely united behind the manager.

There's also the well trodden tale of a young player spending hours practising a certain free kick only for Hoddle to walk over and score first time. However, many who have worked for him have said his tactical insight into the game was incredible.
Glen Hoddle on 10:59 - May 28 with 2490 viewsTalkingSutty

Glen Hoddle on 10:12 - May 28 by roccydaleian

Anyone think Craig Dawson is as good as any of the current England defenders?

I think he is but like most defenders he will struggle against World Class players. Pity he doesnt quite have that extra yard of pace because he's got eveything else. I think its only a matter of time before he gets his chance, he's a player who is still improving.
Glen Hoddle on 11:06 - May 28 with 2474 viewsdingdangblue

Glen Hoddle on 10:59 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

I think he is but like most defenders he will struggle against World Class players. Pity he doesnt quite have that extra yard of pace because he's got eveything else. I think its only a matter of time before he gets his chance, he's a player who is still improving.

Playing right back wont help.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Glen Hoddle on 11:23 - May 28 with 2442 viewsTalkingSutty

Glen Hoddle on 11:06 - May 28 by dingdangblue

Playing right back wont help.

Correct, full backs have to double up as wingers these days. He can do a lot of things Craig but he can't do that.
Glen Hoddle on 11:29 - May 28 with 2421 views442Dale

Glen Hoddle on 11:23 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

Correct, full backs have to double up as wingers these days. He can do a lot of things Craig but he can't do that.

Humming Meatloaf now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Glen Hoddle on 11:31 - May 28 with 2416 viewsdingdangblue

Glen Hoddle on 11:23 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

To be fair he's a skillful defender, whenever I've seen him this season he's got forward well and played some superb balls into the box when he's got forward. His passing is very good. It's just that pace issue.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Glen Hoddle on 12:08 - May 28 with 2373 viewsmingthemerciless

Glen Hoddle on 11:31 - May 28 by dingdangblue

To be fair he's a skillful defender, whenever I've seen him this season he's got forward well and played some superb balls into the box when he's got forward. His passing is very good. It's just that pace issue.

There's a reason he started out at centre half. Most of them are slow on the turn and he's no exception. It's the first 10 to 15 yards that are critical most of the time.
Glen Hoddle on 12:28 - May 28 with 2346 viewsD_Alien

Glen Hoddle on 12:08 - May 28 by mingthemerciless

There's a reason he started out at centre half. Most of them are slow on the turn and he's no exception. It's the first 10 to 15 yards that are critical most of the time.

Aren't you thinking of prop forwards?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024