Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit or not. How will you vote? 07:12 - May 29 with 84089 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit or not. How will you vote?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 09:28 - Jun 27 with 2224 viewsD_Alien

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 08:49 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Spoke to a friend in recruitment and virtually all but essential recruitment in banking and supporting industries has either been shelved or put on hold indefinitely. The biggest issue is investment from China and U.S. The reason why uk was such an attractive proposition was that it was a large domestic market combined with access to the EU market of 400 million. In other words, it was a preferred strategic base. Large bank were in the middle of moving operations to Manchester, offices recently constructed, now halted. I should add that is neither a pro or anti EU post. A plan needs to commence on the impact of this and how this is managed. Vague notions of empowerment and us being ok in years to come does not quite cut it. The main issue with the leavers argument for me is that all these nations who will be desperate to trade with us already do so and a large reason for them doing so was because we were in the EU.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 8:50]

Yes, it's a concern. It's time to find out what we're made of. There's bound to be a financial hit in the short term and no-one on the Leave side (worth listening to) would have said any different.

It's just part of a bigger picture though. We have to earn a living as a nation and remaining part of the EU with unsustainable debt issues in the south and east would have seen us having to shoulder a huge financial burden, something all the emoting Remain camp simply don't seem able to grasp. Now, thank goodness, we stand or fall by our own skills, determination and sheer bloody-mindedness not be part of an EU with an ever-decreasing percentage of world output. I fancy our chances of making a better future.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 09:44 - Jun 27 with 2176 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 09:28 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

Yes, it's a concern. It's time to find out what we're made of. There's bound to be a financial hit in the short term and no-one on the Leave side (worth listening to) would have said any different.

It's just part of a bigger picture though. We have to earn a living as a nation and remaining part of the EU with unsustainable debt issues in the south and east would have seen us having to shoulder a huge financial burden, something all the emoting Remain camp simply don't seem able to grasp. Now, thank goodness, we stand or fall by our own skills, determination and sheer bloody-mindedness not be part of an EU with an ever-decreasing percentage of world output. I fancy our chances of making a better future.

Would like to see something a bit more solid than you just fancying our chances to be honest.

A seismic decision like this requires a plan. Emotive words are and will not be enough I'm afraid. Other than this concept of 'going alone' how do you think, in policy terms, we'll weather the storm?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 9:51]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 11:43 - Jun 27 with 2096 viewsBigDaveMyCock

One of the biggest attractions for foreign investors and for uk based institutions is the system of 'passporting'. Essentially this means that if you are an FCA regulated firm you can carry out business and have a presence in the EEA. This is a huge benefit to uk based financial services sector. The problem is it relies on the EU.

What will replace this system of free trade. I would really like to know from a pro-Brexit voter.

[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 11:47]

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 11:59 - Jun 27 with 2086 viewsmingthemerciless

I wasn't a massive EU fan but the reason I voted to stay in was that nobody seemed to have any coherent plan as to what would happen the day after the vote. It was truly a leap into the dark.
Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:07 - Jun 27 with 2073 viewsD_Alien

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 09:44 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Would like to see something a bit more solid than you just fancying our chances to be honest.

A seismic decision like this requires a plan. Emotive words are and will not be enough I'm afraid. Other than this concept of 'going alone' how do you think, in policy terms, we'll weather the storm?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 9:51]

Because we won't be going it alone. We'll be doing what we do bloody well, which is trade with the rest of the world, and now we can do it on our own terms in agreement with the rest of the world, not on the terms imposed on us by an economically sclerotic failing institution. Is that being emotive, or rational? I know which I am.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 12:19]

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:16 - Jun 27 with 2050 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:07 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

Because we won't be going it alone. We'll be doing what we do bloody well, which is trade with the rest of the world, and now we can do it on our own terms in agreement with the rest of the world, not on the terms imposed on us by an economically sclerotic failing institution. Is that being emotive, or rational? I know which I am.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 12:19]

Yes and what we did before was have a huge comparative advantage in trading with the rest of the world by being in the EU. The world liked us being in the EU!! They liked the fact that we, and when they invested here they, had unencumbered access to that market.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 12:17]

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:21 - Jun 27 with 2035 viewsD_Alien

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:16 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Yes and what we did before was have a huge comparative advantage in trading with the rest of the world by being in the EU. The world liked us being in the EU!! They liked the fact that we, and when they invested here they, had unencumbered access to that market.

It's irrelevant now. The reasons for Brexit were more than just about economics.

We'll get on with it, and we'll do well. It's no concern of mine if you're worried. I'm not.

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:49 - Jun 27 with 1973 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:21 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

It's irrelevant now. The reasons for Brexit were more than just about economics.

We'll get on with it, and we'll do well. It's no concern of mine if you're worried. I'm not.

Oh dear, it's all got a bit complicated for you hasn't it?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:55 - Jun 27 with 1968 viewsD_Alien

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:49 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Oh dear, it's all got a bit complicated for you hasn't it?

No

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 13:20 - Jun 27 with 1912 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:55 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

No

So you're just pretending to be thick?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 13:22]

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 13:34 - Jun 27 with 1899 viewswatford_dale

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:21 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

Brexit will take some time to push through as Cameron has washed his hands of it and given it to the next tory leader - good luck on finding someone to do it with a divided party split down the middle.

Osborne won't be shoving through his post Brexit budget and that will get left to the next chancellor who will no doubt win the hearts and minds of the nation when they look for the billions in savings.

Savings
Councils will take the majority of the kicking, they are already and quite rightly announcing negative formula grants for Councils in the south and I fully predict a reduction in the central grants received from government nationwide and therefore council tax will go up. Devo deals will be down on the amount of cash they receive.

Higher education will take a kicking with the implications for the EU students as well as the EU grant funding some institutions receive which will impact the fees paid and therefore these are likely to go up from the £9k p.a. A lot of institutions business plans are built on foreign/EU students.

EU funding regions such as Cornwall (£500m p.a.) and Yorkshire (£600m ) will be pulled and they are already calling for the government to make up the difference. Is that going to happen? No and so all these regions get to go back to the 80's, the height of Tory cuts.

Benefits - prepare to be laid to waste. Child benefit likely to be re-visited. DLA will be constantly re-assessed, housing benefit will be down.

Anyway enough of that, time to look forward to the Labour party future and if they can oust Corbyn (whose sum total of the labour campaigning was to point out where the polling booths were and saying go and vote) or not.
Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 13:47 - Jun 27 with 1885 views49thseason

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 13:34 - Jun 27 by watford_dale

Brexit will take some time to push through as Cameron has washed his hands of it and given it to the next tory leader - good luck on finding someone to do it with a divided party split down the middle.

Osborne won't be shoving through his post Brexit budget and that will get left to the next chancellor who will no doubt win the hearts and minds of the nation when they look for the billions in savings.

Savings
Councils will take the majority of the kicking, they are already and quite rightly announcing negative formula grants for Councils in the south and I fully predict a reduction in the central grants received from government nationwide and therefore council tax will go up. Devo deals will be down on the amount of cash they receive.

Higher education will take a kicking with the implications for the EU students as well as the EU grant funding some institutions receive which will impact the fees paid and therefore these are likely to go up from the £9k p.a. A lot of institutions business plans are built on foreign/EU students.

EU funding regions such as Cornwall (£500m p.a.) and Yorkshire (£600m ) will be pulled and they are already calling for the government to make up the difference. Is that going to happen? No and so all these regions get to go back to the 80's, the height of Tory cuts.

Benefits - prepare to be laid to waste. Child benefit likely to be re-visited. DLA will be constantly re-assessed, housing benefit will be down.

Anyway enough of that, time to look forward to the Labour party future and if they can oust Corbyn (whose sum total of the labour campaigning was to point out where the polling booths were and saying go and vote) or not.

Can you explain why you think huge savings will be required and when exactly?
Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 14:19 - Jun 27 with 1860 viewsMoonyDale

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 08:24 - Jun 27 by DaleiLama

Wonder what the impact of this will have on financial services?
Heard from my g-f's daughter that a good friend of hers was due to move to London for an investment banking post, but that has been canned as 2,000 jobs will now move to Germany. One of their competitors (similar size) will do the same.
There will be some gains and some losses across the board, but it will be a long time until all this unravels and the dust settles before we find out the true net impact of Brexit. I just hope we have a safe pair of hands managing it, but the uncertainty there is also a concern.

"a safe pair of hands" with Boris Bouncy Castle Johnson? It makes my blood run cold to think that he will have any input, never mind running the country.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 14:41 - Jun 27 with 1833 views1mark1

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 13:34 - Jun 27 by watford_dale

Savings

Agree with all of that except about Corbyn.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 14:45 - Jun 27 with 1829 viewsnordenblue

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 13:20 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Does it make him thick just having an opposing opinion to yours?
The pleasures of living in a democratic country, pick your dummy back up and get on with it....
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 14:48]
Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 15:18 - Jun 27 with 1782 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 14:45 - Jun 27 by nordenblue

Does it make him thick just having an opposing opinion to yours?
The pleasures of living in a democratic country, pick your dummy back up and get on with it....
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 14:48]

Hi Chet.

DAlien referred to someone as being 'small-minded' on this thread or the other EU thread for having differing views to him. Given that you obviously think that is acceptable what is wrong with me inferring that he is pretending to be thick? In the event that you don't think it's acceptable for DAlien to do that why didn't you raise it with him?

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 15:29 - Jun 27 with 1770 viewsD_Alien

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 13:20 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Poor attempts at a wind-up, BDMC

I'll simply refer you to the many posts I've made since the start of the referendum campaign, on all the issues. If you're too lazy or cba, no problem; I suspect you're simply jealous.

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 15:49 - Jun 27 with 1741 views49thseason

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 12:16 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

I think you might find there are lots more reasons why people invest in the UK than just to gain admittance to the EU. For example, lots of US companies move to UK because we speak American, have a legal system they understand, a culture they don't mind being part of and good facilities for their staff and dependents, oh and a very large economy to sell into. Your argument hangs on the assumption that they will not be able to operate within the EU as a free trade zone. In my view that is erroneous. If trade continues at the current rate, and both sides charged 5% tariffs, the UK would end up £3Bn better off!
Already the German car manufacturers have said they want a free trade deal with the UK, Merkle is up for election in 2017, as is Hollande I am fairly sure the German car workers and French farmers are going to want assurances they can continue to sell tariff-free to the UK!

As for the idea that they the EU gives us some sort of competitive advantage in trading with the rest of the world, as a former international sales manager, I can assure you that deals done overseas are generally done in spite of the EU not because of it, mainly because the EU is a customs union, imposing scandalous tariffs on countries outside the EU that want to sell goods in competition with EU companies. That's why if you buy from a US or Swiss website you end up with a customs bill.

I know there has been much made of the 508m people in the EU (well 450M if we are out) but the fact is that huge numbers of EU citizens don't have two cents to rub together and consequently there are few countries that are actually worth dealing with if push comes to shove. If France and Germany want a free trade agreement with the UK that is what will happen.
All this assumes that the EU will last until 2019 which looks doubtful at the moment given its banking debts.
Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 15:55 - Jun 27 with 1725 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 15:29 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

Poor attempts at a wind-up, BDMC

I'll simply refer you to the many posts I've made since the start of the referendum campaign, on all the issues. If you're too lazy or cba, no problem; I suspect you're simply jealous.

You're getting desperate now DAlien.

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 16:21 - Jun 27 with 1691 viewsD_Alien

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 15:55 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

You're getting desperate now DAlien.

I'm pretty sure most people are heartily sick of threads being turned away from the topic towards being about me. I posted this t' other day in response to another poster with issues.

I'll readily admit, it's partly my fault, I simply enjoy a bloody good debate, i don't pull any punches and sometimes it'll get under people's skin. I'd have thought you could handle that, but obviously not.

I repeat, read my previous posts if you want to know my views on any topics around the referendum debate.

#desperatelybored

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 16:37 - Jun 27 with 1654 viewsMoonyDale

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 15:49 - Jun 27 by 49thseason

I think you might find there are lots more reasons why people invest in the UK than just to gain admittance to the EU. For example, lots of US companies move to UK because we speak American, have a legal system they understand, a culture they don't mind being part of and good facilities for their staff and dependents, oh and a very large economy to sell into. Your argument hangs on the assumption that they will not be able to operate within the EU as a free trade zone. In my view that is erroneous. If trade continues at the current rate, and both sides charged 5% tariffs, the UK would end up £3Bn better off!
Already the German car manufacturers have said they want a free trade deal with the UK, Merkle is up for election in 2017, as is Hollande I am fairly sure the German car workers and French farmers are going to want assurances they can continue to sell tariff-free to the UK!

As for the idea that they the EU gives us some sort of competitive advantage in trading with the rest of the world, as a former international sales manager, I can assure you that deals done overseas are generally done in spite of the EU not because of it, mainly because the EU is a customs union, imposing scandalous tariffs on countries outside the EU that want to sell goods in competition with EU companies. That's why if you buy from a US or Swiss website you end up with a customs bill.

I know there has been much made of the 508m people in the EU (well 450M if we are out) but the fact is that huge numbers of EU citizens don't have two cents to rub together and consequently there are few countries that are actually worth dealing with if push comes to shove. If France and Germany want a free trade agreement with the UK that is what will happen.
All this assumes that the EU will last until 2019 which looks doubtful at the moment given its banking debts.

We speak what? American! Errrrrr no we don't, they speak English....a bastardised version but English non the less, American indeed.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 16:43 - Jun 27 with 1645 views49thseason

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 16:37 - Jun 27 by MoonyDale

We speak what? American! Errrrrr no we don't, they speak English....a bastardised version but English non the less, American indeed.......

sometimes humour is wasted...
Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 16:49 - Jun 27 with 1637 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 16:21 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

I'm pretty sure most people are heartily sick of threads being turned away from the topic towards being about me. I posted this t' other day in response to another poster with issues.

I'll readily admit, it's partly my fault, I simply enjoy a bloody good debate, i don't pull any punches and sometimes it'll get under people's skin. I'd have thought you could handle that, but obviously not.

I repeat, read my previous posts if you want to know my views on any topics around the referendum debate.

#desperatelybored

I'm pretty sure I can handle it old boy. Have a good read of your response to rochdaleriddler below and ask yourself if that is a reasonable response? You seem to have an inability to be able handle even the slightest criticism of your opinion or anyone who has the temerity to disagree with you. They are either thick, small-minded or dis-interesting. You treat it as an affront to your intellect or manhood or both? All I've done today is turn the tables. Not pleasant I imagine is it?

Elephant in the room by D_Alien on 23:51 - Jun 24 with 669 views

You're also very much mistaken if you think i could give a flying f*ck what you, or anyone else for that matter, thinks

I'd have thought that was pretty obvious even to thickos like you!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 6:58]

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 17:13 - Jun 27 with 1606 viewsDomDale

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 16:49 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

I'm pretty sure I can handle it old boy. Have a good read of your response to rochdaleriddler below and ask yourself if that is a reasonable response? You seem to have an inability to be able handle even the slightest criticism of your opinion or anyone who has the temerity to disagree with you. They are either thick, small-minded or dis-interesting. You treat it as an affront to your intellect or manhood or both? All I've done today is turn the tables. Not pleasant I imagine is it?

Elephant in the room by D_Alien on 23:51 - Jun 24 with 669 views

You're also very much mistaken if you think i could give a flying f*ck what you, or anyone else for that matter, thinks

I'd have thought that was pretty obvious even to thickos like you!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 6:58]

Hmm. "Loving a good debate" and "not giving a flying phuq what others think" don't usually go hand-in-hand. Not when having a reasoned debate anyway. I guess it work OK when the aim is to shout over the top of someone else though. Calling someone thick isn't a good way to win them around to your point of view which surely is the purpose of having a debate? If not, why are you bothering posting your opinions at all?

D'alien , ever the contrarian, does come across as someone who would argue with their own reflection given the chance.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 17:30 - Jun 27 with 1580 viewsnordenblue

Brexit or not. How will you vote? on 15:18 - Jun 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Hi Chet.

DAlien referred to someone as being 'small-minded' on this thread or the other EU thread for having differing views to him. Given that you obviously think that is acceptable what is wrong with me inferring that he is pretending to be thick? In the event that you don't think it's acceptable for DAlien to do that why didn't you raise it with him?

Maybe i just don't feel the need to try and belittle everyone and boost my own ego to be honest,I leave it to the experts like your good self.

I've raised plenty of issues with DA previously without feeling the need to call him "thick," from your lofty position we are not worthy...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024