Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unusual dislike of other teams 09:44 - Jun 18 with 8639 viewsColDale

Conversation at work the other day about teams you can't stand. Not obvious ones like local rivals, and they don't even have to be English based. I don't mean irrational, because if you can justify it, even just to yourself then its perfectly rational.

Any takers?
Unusual dislike of other teams on 16:39 - Jun 18 with 2455 views442Dale

Unusual dislike of other teams on 16:36 - Jun 18 by fitzochris

Allardyce got you promoted from Division Three and your chairman treated him like sh*t. He didn't even allow him to go back to Bolton to visit his wife. It's no wonder he wanted out.

This thread is doing a good job of painting Notts County in a bad light.

Which isn't hard.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Unusual dislike of other teams on 16:41 - Jun 18 with 2446 viewsTVOS1907

Notts County

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Unusual dislike of other teams on 16:46 - Jun 18 with 2439 viewschalkyncfc

He had a contract at Notts and a good one at that, he should have honoured it or at least Bolton ask for permission to speak to him, it was all done on the quiet, Bolton got fined a paltry £35,000 and Notts lost out,he obviously managed to sort out his family problems okay though on his way up to Bolton
Unusual dislike of other teams on 17:00 - Jun 18 with 2418 viewsAtThePeake

Can't stand Rotherham and I've no idea why.

Tangled up in blue.

Unusual dislike of other teams on 19:04 - Jun 18 with 2353 viewsSalwaDale

Johor Darul Ta'zim F.C.

TBBT

Unusual dislike of other teams on 19:45 - Jun 18 with 2318 viewsChaffRAFC

Aside from the obvious City, Liverpool, Bury and Oldham, I have a big disliking of Aston Villa, purely because a lad from work supports them and he gets on my tits! Dislike Bolton Wanderers because of the GMR favourtism. Notts County and Rotherham can be added to that list as well.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Unusual dislike of other teams on 20:09 - Jun 18 with 2290 viewsStreety1996

MK Dons

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

Unusual dislike of other teams on 20:17 - Jun 18 with 2281 views1mark1

Unusual dislike of other teams on 20:09 - Jun 18 by Streety1996

MK Dons

Always hated them from their formation and parachuting into the FL, that's why I enjoyed the real Don's promotion to be in the same division as the MK Fakes.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Unusual dislike of other teams on 21:04 - Jun 18 with 2244 viewsBrierls

Carlisle - all Simmo's fault
Notts County - they're just arseholes, let's have it right

International...

Republic of Ireland - not because of the players or (beautiful) country, but every tw@t in England who has the slightest link to Ireland suddenly becomes Irish. You're just a shit and more cringey Andy Townsend.
Unusual dislike of other teams on 21:14 - Jun 18 with 2232 viewsDomDale

Unusual dislike of other teams on 19:45 - Jun 18 by ChaffRAFC

Aside from the obvious City, Liverpool, Bury and Oldham, I have a big disliking of Aston Villa, purely because a lad from work supports them and he gets on my tits! Dislike Bolton Wanderers because of the GMR favourtism. Notts County and Rotherham can be added to that list as well.

Aye Bolton can go on the list for me for the GMR arse licking, can picture their fans being mongs next season n'all. But that's a local derby or sorts so not so irrational.

I've always disliked Spurs. Dislike Plymouth. In Scotland I dislike both Old Firm sides in fact I tend to dislike any billy big bollox sides accross Europe I.e Bayern, both Milans etc.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Unusual dislike of other teams on 21:45 - Jun 18 with 2207 viewsfitzochris

Unusual dislike of other teams on 21:14 - Jun 18 by DomDale

Aye Bolton can go on the list for me for the GMR arse licking, can picture their fans being mongs next season n'all. But that's a local derby or sorts so not so irrational.

I've always disliked Spurs. Dislike Plymouth. In Scotland I dislike both Old Firm sides in fact I tend to dislike any billy big bollox sides accross Europe I.e Bayern, both Milans etc.

I don't dislike the Old Firm teams per se, as they're better supported than most teams in England - it's the bile that comes with it that I can't abide.

In terms of disliking a Scottish team, it was Gretna for me. Absurdly and unfairly bankrolled to the SPL while watched by one man and his dog.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Unusual dislike of other teams on 23:08 - Jun 18 with 2153 viewsDomDale

Unusual dislike of other teams on 21:45 - Jun 18 by fitzochris

I don't dislike the Old Firm teams per se, as they're better supported than most teams in England - it's the bile that comes with it that I can't abide.

In terms of disliking a Scottish team, it was Gretna for me. Absurdly and unfairly bankrolled to the SPL while watched by one man and his dog.

Yeah despite a full away end a decent trip to Glesga I'd oppose the OF in the EFL. I've been to a few Scottish matches and the nature of the sectarian natured games is not something I'd want south of the border. Not old enough to have gone to the Gretna FA Cup game but know the story they bankrolled it. Tbf you can any bankrolled shit house club like Fleetwood, Rushden, Crawley to my list. These clubs have in some cases over took dale in the past whilst we have done the honest thing.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Unusual dislike of other teams on 23:42 - Jun 18 with 2122 viewsMIlnrowdale

Unusual dislike of other teams on 23:08 - Jun 18 by DomDale

Yeah despite a full away end a decent trip to Glesga I'd oppose the OF in the EFL. I've been to a few Scottish matches and the nature of the sectarian natured games is not something I'd want south of the border. Not old enough to have gone to the Gretna FA Cup game but know the story they bankrolled it. Tbf you can any bankrolled shit house club like Fleetwood, Rushden, Crawley to my list. These clubs have in some cases over took dale in the past whilst we have done the honest thing.

Tottenham
Man Utd
Unusual dislike of other teams on 23:56 - Jun 18 with 2112 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Unusual dislike of other teams on 21:45 - Jun 18 by fitzochris

It's just the dog now, the man died.
Unusual dislike of other teams on 07:12 - Jun 19 with 2047 viewsTalkingSutty

Easy one this.... Stockport County*. I could come up with numerous excuses and it would be easy to mention Barry Diamond and Joe Cook, so I won't.

The season of the great escape when we were desperate to beat them in our last home game of the Season, defeat would have probably signalled the end for us as a Football League Club. They had bugger all to play for and I think most people expected them to go through the motions a bit.....did they bloody hell though.

County played that game as though it was a matter of life and death,with an intensity that made it quite obvious they wanted rid of us and it was all orchestrated by a Littleborough lad called Bill Williams who plied his trade in the heart of Stockports defence that day. I know that's the case because many years later Bill told me so, they where intent on snuffing us out that day. I wanted them to die the death of a thousand cuts and I think I've got my wish. After Dale , it's the first score I look for, even after all these years.

Karmas a bitch though.

* I know they are a local Club but that isn't the reason for my dislike, I don't have much of a axe to grind with anybody but local Clubs, and Stockport are always worthy of a mention, even more than that lot down the road.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 8:19]
Unusual dislike of other teams on 10:53 - Jun 20 with 1583 viewsBarryStrange

There are absolutely loads, but aside of the obvious lot about to rediscover the joys of FA Cup First Round day:

Liverpool (their fans are loathsome when they win and worse when they lose. They are impossible to avoid.)

West Ham (I don't have time for the full rant, but why oh why are they treated like they / Upton Park are some sort of Grand Old Lady of English football? They're a shitty yo yo club in the top two divisions which never win anything - they are basically no bigger, more historic or exciting than Sunderland.)

Wrexham (got an awful record against them so sentenced to hearing 1-0 to the bloody sheepshaggers twice a season until they went down, so far happily never to return).

Stockport / Preston (same delusions of grandeur but to be fair to PNE they at least back it up a bit)

Wycombe - I reckon we have played them in about 12 out of the last 15 seasons. I am just thoroughly utterly sick of the sight of them and sick of Adams Park

Rotherham - Consistently nicked our players with money that wasn't theirs, prioritising that over paying rent they fairly owed to the people owning Millmoor, so in the heat of it the Council (which doubtless pleads poverty like all Councils do) just builds them a new ground with a stupid name.

Crawley - nobody, nothing of a club elevated by a sugar daddy. Like Fleetwood, we have never beaten them.
Unusual dislike of other teams on 10:58 - Jun 20 with 1580 viewsScunnydale

A lot of people claiming to not like teams because of work colleagues. I'm the same. Really dislike Spurs because of someone at work and the fact he's never been to see them, but enjoys 'sticking it' to Arsenal and, strangely, Liverpool whenever they lose or something slightly negative happens to them. He also refuses to accept there are other teams outside the top 10 of the EPL.

And I used to have a strange dislike for Ferencvaros — even before the Notts County/Antony Elding link. Presumably because I was a teenage armchair Honved fan.
Unusual dislike of other teams on 12:05 - Jun 20 with 1527 viewsParkinsGimp

Unusual dislike of other teams on 10:53 - Jun 20 by BarryStrange

There are absolutely loads, but aside of the obvious lot about to rediscover the joys of FA Cup First Round day:

Liverpool (their fans are loathsome when they win and worse when they lose. They are impossible to avoid.)

West Ham (I don't have time for the full rant, but why oh why are they treated like they / Upton Park are some sort of Grand Old Lady of English football? They're a shitty yo yo club in the top two divisions which never win anything - they are basically no bigger, more historic or exciting than Sunderland.)

Wrexham (got an awful record against them so sentenced to hearing 1-0 to the bloody sheepshaggers twice a season until they went down, so far happily never to return).

Stockport / Preston (same delusions of grandeur but to be fair to PNE they at least back it up a bit)

Wycombe - I reckon we have played them in about 12 out of the last 15 seasons. I am just thoroughly utterly sick of the sight of them and sick of Adams Park

Rotherham - Consistently nicked our players with money that wasn't theirs, prioritising that over paying rent they fairly owed to the people owning Millmoor, so in the heat of it the Council (which doubtless pleads poverty like all Councils do) just builds them a new ground with a stupid name.

Crawley - nobody, nothing of a club elevated by a sugar daddy. Like Fleetwood, we have never beaten them.

All good there Barry apart form West Ham of course, but I do dislike the media whitewash of some of the stuff the Hammers have got up to in recent years. Wasnt happy with Tevez senario or the Olympic stadium , but somebody had to go in there and you cant blame the West ham board for taking the mickey if it was allowed too.
My hates are Liverpool ( horrible set of fans)
Millwall ( obvious I think)
Tottenham ( every since the cockney spiv Venables was there)
Orient ( for letting burnley off the hook and not sending them down to non league , not to mention a few stuffings they gave us over the years)
Yeovil ( awful place to get too and nothing there when you do get there!)
Unusual dislike of other teams on 12:49 - Jun 20 with 1475 viewsBarryStrange

Unusual dislike of other teams on 12:05 - Jun 20 by ParkinsGimp

All good there Barry apart form West Ham of course, but I do dislike the media whitewash of some of the stuff the Hammers have got up to in recent years. Wasnt happy with Tevez senario or the Olympic stadium , but somebody had to go in there and you cant blame the West ham board for taking the mickey if it was allowed too.
My hates are Liverpool ( horrible set of fans)
Millwall ( obvious I think)
Tottenham ( every since the cockney spiv Venables was there)
Orient ( for letting burnley off the hook and not sending them down to non league , not to mention a few stuffings they gave us over the years)
Yeovil ( awful place to get too and nothing there when you do get there!)

Ah yes, I was trying to recall what triggered the West Ham thing and now I remember - their Secretary was one of the tribunal that kicked us out of the FA Cup in late 2006. This was at pretty much exactly the same time they "signed" Tevez and basically got away with it. That and the juxtaposition of the phrase "Happy Hammers", their fans endless claims that they "won the world cup" in 66, and how obnoxious some of their fans are - witness the Man Utd team bus. Though in mitigation the fact they relegated Sheff Utd through the Tevez affair was hilarious.

Never minded them taking the Olympic stadium particularly if someone had to - Leyton Orient would look ridiculous in there and Tottenham is nowhere near Stratford - though I do question whether it needed a football club in there at all.
Unusual dislike of other teams on 13:01 - Jun 20 with 1459 viewsRotherhamDale

Liverpool. The supporters are deluded, have a false sense of entitlement, and their famous European night atmosphere is a complete myth.

Crewe. They ruin every single accumulator.

Newcastle. Big club syndrome. 'Our supporters are the best at being passionate' bla bla

Possession with progression.

Unusual dislike of other teams on 15:53 - Jun 20 with 1382 viewsTomRAFC

MK Dons. I still can't stand the way they moved the club.

Which is why AFC Wimbledon are probably the team in the lower leagues I have the biggest affection for other than dale.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Unusual dislike of other teams on 16:22 - Jun 20 with 1369 viewswatford_dale

Unusual dislike of other teams on 15:53 - Jun 20 by TomRAFC

MK Dons. I still can't stand the way they moved the club.

Which is why AFC Wimbledon are probably the team in the lower leagues I have the biggest affection for other than dale.

Any north London prem club because if they win the league or a European title the press will not stop banging on about them. My God it was bad enough with spurs finishing in second this year. Also braintree town for charging 17 quid for non LG football.
Unusual dislike of other teams on 16:24 - Jun 20 with 1366 viewsfitzochris

Unusual dislike of other teams on 16:22 - Jun 20 by watford_dale

Any north London prem club because if they win the league or a European title the press will not stop banging on about them. My God it was bad enough with spurs finishing in second this year. Also braintree town for charging 17 quid for non LG football.

Because Spurs capitulated to Newcastle on the final day, they ended up third.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Unusual dislike of other teams on 16:56 - Jun 20 with 1350 viewsTalkingSutty

Unusual dislike of other teams on 21:04 - Jun 18 by Brierls

Carlisle - all Simmo's fault
Notts County - they're just arseholes, let's have it right

International...

Republic of Ireland - not because of the players or (beautiful) country, but every tw@t in England who has the slightest link to Ireland suddenly becomes Irish. You're just a shit and more cringey Andy Townsend.

Exactly, St Paddys day is the best... loads of plastic Paddys pretending to be Irish, drinking Guinness when it's quite obvious they don't even like the stuff.Its diabolical to watch.
Unusual dislike of other teams on 07:10 - Jun 21 with 1245 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

FC United of Manchester
AFC Wimbledon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024