Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unusual dislike of other teams 09:44 - Jun 18 with 8641 viewsColDale

Conversation at work the other day about teams you can't stand. Not obvious ones like local rivals, and they don't even have to be English based. I don't mean irrational, because if you can justify it, even just to yourself then its perfectly rational.

Any takers?
Unusual dislike of other teams on 08:06 - Jun 21 with 1627 viewsjudd

England.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Unusual dislike of other teams on 09:24 - Jun 21 with 1580 viewsParkinsGimp

Unusual dislike of other teams on 07:10 - Jun 21 by Albert_Whitehurst

FC United of Manchester
AFC Wimbledon

Oh yeah I forgot about FC SCum , their fans are a disgrace. If they really wanted to help at local level they should of put their energies into their local teams like , Glossop, Biffos , Dale bury etc, but their petulance ( followed on from being rag fans) knows no bounds.
Unusual dislike of other teams on 13:30 - Jun 21 with 1492 viewsrochdaleriddler

port vale,bolton and Rangers

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Unusual dislike of other teams on 22:25 - Jun 21 with 1412 viewsTVOS1907

Unusual dislike of other teams on 10:53 - Jun 20 by BarryStrange

There are absolutely loads, but aside of the obvious lot about to rediscover the joys of FA Cup First Round day:

Liverpool (their fans are loathsome when they win and worse when they lose. They are impossible to avoid.)

West Ham (I don't have time for the full rant, but why oh why are they treated like they / Upton Park are some sort of Grand Old Lady of English football? They're a shitty yo yo club in the top two divisions which never win anything - they are basically no bigger, more historic or exciting than Sunderland.)

Wrexham (got an awful record against them so sentenced to hearing 1-0 to the bloody sheepshaggers twice a season until they went down, so far happily never to return).

Stockport / Preston (same delusions of grandeur but to be fair to PNE they at least back it up a bit)

Wycombe - I reckon we have played them in about 12 out of the last 15 seasons. I am just thoroughly utterly sick of the sight of them and sick of Adams Park

Rotherham - Consistently nicked our players with money that wasn't theirs, prioritising that over paying rent they fairly owed to the people owning Millmoor, so in the heat of it the Council (which doubtless pleads poverty like all Councils do) just builds them a new ground with a stupid name.

Crawley - nobody, nothing of a club elevated by a sugar daddy. Like Fleetwood, we have never beaten them.

Rotherham - Consistently nicked our players WITH MONEY THAT WASN'T THEIRS ....

Erm...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Unusual dislike of other teams on 23:06 - Jun 21 with 1379 viewsR17ALE

Irrational or not, do you remember that famous political slogan, Education Education and Education.

Well I'm giving the forum an education. Change Education for Stockport and you'll be a better Dale fan for it.

An awful club with a belief they could lord it over us cherry picking whenever they pleased.

I'm not sure they still exist but fook them wherever they are.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Unusual dislike of other teams on 06:48 - Jun 22 with 1324 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Unusual dislike of other teams on 23:06 - Jun 21 by R17ALE

Irrational or not, do you remember that famous political slogan, Education Education and Education.

Well I'm giving the forum an education. Change Education for Stockport and you'll be a better Dale fan for it.

An awful club with a belief they could lord it over us cherry picking whenever they pleased.

That would be the dishonourable former minister for middle east airmiles and war criminal. I believe the phrase was coined in 1997.

Tony Blair is estimated to be worth in excess of £60m
Unusual dislike of other teams on 09:09 - Jun 22 with 1276 viewsBarryStrange

Unusual dislike of other teams on 23:06 - Jun 21 by R17ALE

Laurent D'Jaffo (top scorer 99)
Tony Ellis (top league scorer 98)
Rob Matthews (top scorer at point of sale)
Ian Lawson (top scorer 00)

That is an entire squad of forwards they nicked from us when word about our financial difficulties in the late 90s got out - they didn't pay more than 50k for anyone but Lawson, who they made crap and gave us back 18 months later.

As a consequence I endorse your last sentence entirely.
Unusual dislike of other teams on 10:39 - Jun 22 with 1246 viewsLS27Rdale

not sure about the dig at fleetwood.
Andy Pilley is no sugar daddy...
he has a two up, two down terrace in the middle of town street.

mebbes a few of us think we are billy big balls, and when one of own do well, the dummies get spat out.
Login to get fewer ads

Unusual dislike of other teams on 03:44 - Jun 23 with 1117 viewsDiddyDave

The All Blacks,grrrrrr.
Unusual dislike of other teams (n/t) on 22:34 - Jun 24 with 966 viewsRobbiebox

Unusual dislike of other teams on 10:39 - Jun 22 by LS27Rdale

not sure about the dig at fleetwood.
Andy Pilley is no sugar daddy...
he has a two up, two down terrace in the middle of town street.

mebbes a few of us think we are billy big balls, and when one of own do well, the dummies get spat out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024