Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elephant in the room 01:26 - Jun 24 with 14043 viewsDaley_Lama

2 hours ago you could get 8/1 on a leave vote, now it is 6/4

First 8 results

N Ire: 1 borough - stay
Scotland : 3 boroughs - stay
England : 4 boroughs - leave

Poll: DF in or out

Elephant in the room on 02:00 - Jun 24 with 6564 viewsDaley_Lama

Bed time for me but at 2:00 ish it looks like it is going to be very close, leave doing slightly better than projections in declared areas to date.

All very early and this will be decided by the votes in the most populous areas ie the south where returns are yet to start dribbling through.

Poll: DF in or out

Elephant in the room on 02:16 - Jun 24 with 6554 viewsroccydaleian

Dodgy goings on here?
Elephant in the room on 02:47 - Jun 24 with 6526 viewsColDale

Fascinating stuff so far. Seems pretty much like London & Scotland versus the rest of the UK.
Elephant in the room on 02:54 - Jun 24 with 6519 viewsColDale

the way this is going it could come down to hundreds rather than thousands
Elephant in the room on 02:58 - Jun 24 with 6518 viewsD_Alien

Whatever the outcome - and it's neck & neck still - voters in the regions of England seem to be taking the opportunity to give the political/establishment class a good kicking

Unless the Leave campaign wins, that will quickly get buried, which would be a shame

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Elephant in the room on 03:14 - Jun 24 with 6503 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale result in:

62000 leave - 41200 remain

60/40 leave

Elephant in the room on 04:46 - Jun 24 with 6464 viewsdownunder

Good Morning, Free Britain. Happy Independence Day.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 6:58]
Elephant in the room on 05:19 - Jun 24 with 6441 viewsColDale

Shall we assume the rigged voting and use of pencils won't be an issue any more?

Huge result this, with huge consequences everywhere.

The Scotland situation is a big one and it's hard to see how Scotland can vote for the EU with such numbers yet remain part of a UK which isn't part of the EU. They'd win any independence vote from now on (especially with a 100% more personable leader in Sturgeon). Not only have we voted for Brexit, we've voted for Scexit.

So why have Scotland voted for EU and not England? Why have the traditional left of centre towns in England gone for exit whilst their Scottish equivalents gone for stay? For me, thats a massive failing of the Labour Party - a bigger failing than the last election. The people of Scotland feel they have someone to speak for them in the SNP, whilst there is an ongoing feeling about towns in England (like our own) feeling forgotten about.

The coffee table politics of Corbyn have failed to speak to them and instead they've opted for a campaign led by two people - one who has never been elected as an MP and the other who campaigned to remain until he got a sniff of 10 Downing Street.

But...... I'd guess France will inevitably follow our lead, and they won't be on their own. The EU as it stands may get broken up. And that could be the best situation for us. We're out, everyone starts to drop out and a new EU is formed that is simply based upon trade agreements.
Login to get fewer ads

Elephant in the room on 06:02 - Jun 24 with 6416 viewsD_Alien

Looks like Sinn Fein are getting themselves excited about the Irish border.

On the subject of Scottish independence, their economic model is significantly worse now than it was two years ago. They'd have a similar balance sheet to Bury, so let's see if Nicola Sturgeon has the courage of her convictions.

Interesting times, but a long overdue revision of the politics in the UK and beyond, to bring us into the 21st century. Bye bye EU (we'll still be your friends, even though you're crap ones), hello World.

Elephant in the room on 06:07 - Jun 24 with 6404 viewsmingthemerciless

Elephant in the room on 06:02 - Jun 24 by D_Alien

Looks like Sinn Fein are getting themselves excited about the Irish border.

On the subject of Scottish independence, their economic model is significantly worse now than it was two years ago. They'd have a similar balance sheet to Bury, so let's see if Nicola Sturgeon has the courage of her convictions.

Interesting times, but a long overdue revision of the politics in the UK and beyond, to bring us into the 21st century. Bye bye EU (we'll still be your friends, even though you're crap ones), hello World.

Give it a year or two and you'll hardly be able to find anybody who voted for out. Just like you couldn't find anybody who voted for Mrs Thatcher when she finally left.
Elephant in the room on 06:21 - Jun 24 with 6379 viewstony_roch975

Elephant in the room on 06:07 - Jun 24 by mingthemerciless

Give it a year or two and you'll hardly be able to find anybody who voted for out. Just like you couldn't find anybody who voted for Mrs Thatcher when she finally left.

Very likely, but the danger is the folk who'll suffer - like in Thatcher's time - will be those who voted for it - the posh boys will fiddle while the poor burn

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Elephant in the room on 06:49 - Jun 24 with 6334 viewsTalkingSutty

Elephant in the room on 05:19 - Jun 24 by ColDale

Shall we assume the rigged voting and use of pencils won't be an issue any more?

The Scotland situation is a big one and it's hard to see how Scotland can vote for the EU with such numbers yet remain part of a UK which isn't part of the EU. They'd win any independence vote from now on (especially with a 100% more personable leader in Sturgeon). Not only have we voted for Brexit, we've voted for Scexit.

So why have Scotland voted for EU and not England? Why have the traditional left of centre towns in England gone for exit whilst their Scottish equivalents gone for stay? For me, thats a massive failing of the Labour Party - a bigger failing than the last election. The people of Scotland feel they have someone to speak for them in the SNP, whilst there is an ongoing feeling about towns in England (like our own) feeling forgotten about.

The coffee table politics of Corbyn have failed to speak to them and instead they've opted for a campaign led by two people - one who has never been elected as an MP and the other who campaigned to remain until he got a sniff of 10 Downing Street.

But...... I'd guess France will inevitably follow our lead, and they won't be on their own. The EU as it stands may get broken up. And that could be the best situation for us. We're out, everyone starts to drop out and a new EU is formed that is simply based upon trade agreements.

Good post.
Elephant in the room on 06:49 - Jun 24 with 6332 viewsPorlicks

The decline and fall of the UK is almost complete. What a small-minded, negative country we have become. When the going gets tough...

The greatest evacuation from Europe since Dunkirk.

Who are YOU with?

Elephant in the room on 06:57 - Jun 24 with 6313 viewsR17ALE

Elephant in the room on 05:19 - Jun 24 by ColDale

Scotland is an irrelevance to me. If England held a referendum to kick them out I'm confident we would.

Looking at the Northern towns - and it's the North that's won the day - it's striking that the Northern towns which have seen high immigration (from wherever) which have voted leave overwhelmingly.

Bradford voted leave. Leeds was 50-50 for example.

And I still don't know what Labour's stance on the vote is/was. They're a bit like Stockport to me, well supported but irrelevant.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Elephant in the room on 06:59 - Jun 24 with 6302 viewsmingthemerciless

Elephant in the room on 06:21 - Jun 24 by tony_roch975

Very likely, but the danger is the folk who'll suffer - like in Thatcher's time - will be those who voted for it - the posh boys will fiddle while the poor burn

Yeah, what else is new. People said the Iraq war was our biggest foreign policy disaster since Suez. I think this could trump both of those events.
Elephant in the room on 07:03 - Jun 24 with 6292 viewsSwissdale

A very dark day for the country, recession here we come.

Regardless of the long-term future of the EU, it will take us years to recover from this. In the immigration issue, nobody will want to come here because there will be far fewer jobs, and the state won't be able to support us!

Joke of a referendum used by Cameron to scrape a win in the general election - he has to resign now.
Elephant in the room on 07:04 - Jun 24 with 6289 viewsR17ALE

Elephant in the room on 06:59 - Jun 24 by mingthemerciless

Yeah, what else is new. People said the Iraq war was our biggest foreign policy disaster since Suez. I think this could trump both of those events.

What's new is that we're free to forge ahead as a proud sovereign nation.

For the first time in my voting life I might add.

Elephant in the room on 07:22 - Jun 24 with 6229 viewsTTNYear

How this monumental decision is embraced by the government is critical? We need to see it as an opportunity not a hindrance. It's not going to be easy and we may see a slight downturn initially, but how we come out of it on the other side is obviously key. This is a massive bloody nose to Westminster what ever colour party you prefer which could see politicians rethink policies effecting anything outside London, but ultimately It has to be seen as a chance to hopefully create a country that could flourish.

Half full or half empty, that's where we are.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Elephant in the room on 07:22 - Jun 24 with 6230 viewsTalkingSutty

Elephant in the room on 06:49 - Jun 24 by Porlicks

The decline and fall of the UK is almost complete. What a small-minded, negative country we have become. When the going gets tough...

The greatest evacuation from Europe since Dunkirk.

Short term pain will be worth it in the long run. Only History will reveal who was right but personally I am comfortable with getting the hell out. The financial instability of countries like Greece and Italy and several more is an accident waiting to happen and who would pick up the bill?

Successive Governments have had decades to sort the immigration problems out and that was top of Cameron's agenda when people like myself voted him in, instead the situation as worsened. He's payed lip service to it and put it in the 'Too hard to do tray'.

In fact Cameron's behaviour during the last couple of months has probably pushed plenty of voters the other way. He spends millions of tax payers money on producing a leaflet to set out the facts on the European Vote, instead it was just a one eyed version of his own beliefs, no balance in the information at all. That was a insult to the general public and revealed the contempt he holds them in. Always been a Conservative voter but Cameron leaves me shaking my head, he was the Prime Minister and should have remained neutral rather than constantly scaremongering and frightening the voter to death. That's what dictators do.

Obviously things will be rocky for a while but the currency markets will stabilise and in the long run the exit of Europe will prove to be a wise decision. The Gravy Train as come to a shuddering Halt and the British Public have applied the brake. Somebody had to do it.
Elephant in the room on 07:29 - Jun 24 with 6203 viewsEllGazzell

On a lighter note, my holiday to the UK (only 4 days mind for some wedding) just got a whole lot cheaper.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Elephant in the room on 07:35 - Jun 24 with 6188 viewsBartRowou

Good day to Bury bad news.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Elephant in the room on 07:40 - Jun 24 with 6169 viewsEllGazzell

First images released of design for new £1 coin.

[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 7:41]

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Elephant in the room on 07:49 - Jun 24 with 6145 viewsR17ALE

Elephant in the room on 07:40 - Jun 24 by EllGazzell

First images released of design for new £1 coin.

[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 7:41]

I've just chucked the tenner in my pocket in the blue bin as it isn't worth anything anymore. I suggest everyone else does the same.

After all, it won't be enough to buy pudding chips, peas and gravy anymore as food prices will rocket according to the economists.

I'll see you at the conscript desk signing up to fight for the UK in the predicted WWIII.

Elephant in the room on 07:52 - Jun 24 with 6138 viewsmingthemerciless

Elephant in the room on 07:04 - Jun 24 by R17ALE

What's new is that we're free to forge ahead as a proud sovereign nation.

For the first time in my voting life I might add.

Great, do this mean we'll be going back to feet and inches ? Typical, just when I'd got my head around the metric system !
Elephant in the room on 08:00 - Jun 24 with 6114 viewsTalkingSutty

Elephant in the room on 07:52 - Jun 24 by mingthemerciless

Great, do this mean we'll be going back to feet and inches ? Typical, just when I'd got my head around the metric system !

What are you talking about? I bought 6 ounces of potted meat yesterday from Tatersalls, no problem at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024