Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing alert 13:18 - Jun 24 with 5977 viewsChaffRAFC

Rochdale sign Oliver Rathbone. Former Manchester United midfielder.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New signing alert on 13:34 - Jun 24 with 5897 viewsdingdangblue

Former team mate of Marcus Rashford. Hope he has a similar start to his Dale career as him!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New signing alert on 13:40 - Jun 24 with 5856 viewsD_Dale

A few details:

http://youthhawk.co.uk/wiki/Oliver_Rathbone
New signing alert on 14:05 - Jun 24 with 5731 viewsfirgrovedale51

Hope this works

[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 14:05]
New signing alert on 14:06 - Jun 24 with 5721 viewsmacro

One for the future, let's hope he's thrives at Dale
New signing alert on 14:34 - Jun 24 with 5580 viewsDaleiLama

New signing alert on 14:06 - Jun 24 by macro

One for the future, let's hope he's thrives at Dale

Definitely one for the future - he leathered that ball and got PLENTY of air under it to get it all the way to the goal, but quick thinking to catch the keeper off his line (+ a bit of luck thrown in).

Could be a rough diamond that benefits from a bit of Hilly polishing and some nice sell-on clauses?

Good luck Ollie.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New signing alert on 14:38 - Jun 24 with 5552 viewsTomRAFC

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Jan/united-academy

"Another player out to impress is Marcus Rashford, who has been the team's spearhead for some time, particularly in the absence of Demetri Mitchell."

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New signing alert on 14:53 - Jun 24 with 5482 viewsSuddenLad

Son of Mick Rathbone, former Blackburn Rovers player. Ollie has signed a 1-year deal at Dale.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New signing alert on 16:23 - Jun 24 with 5178 viewsboromat

A chance for the young lad to prove himself. Quite a punt from us doesn't look like he's played much youth football never mind first team. Only small as well I think he'll have a bit of catching up to do with the likes of Jamie Allen.

Let's hope he's up for the challenge

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

New signing alert on 17:18 - Jun 24 with 5013 viewsdeeplishblue

New signing alert on 14:05 - Jun 24 by firgrovedale51

Hope this works

[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 14:05]

Should have been disallowed for foot-up.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

New signing alert on 22:04 - Jun 24 with 4539 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good to see another local lad given the opportunity to succeed at t'Dale......hope the lad responds and turns out to be worth a fortune.

Looks a bit tiny and what a baby face........at 20 years old he should be knocking on the door of the 1st Team. Let's hope he comes good

Welcome Ollylad.
New signing alert on 22:21 - Jun 24 with 4493 viewsTalkingSutty

New signing alert on 22:04 - Jun 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good to see another local lad given the opportunity to succeed at t'Dale......hope the lad responds and turns out to be worth a fortune.

Looks a bit tiny and what a baby face........at 20 years old he should be knocking on the door of the 1st Team. Let's hope he comes good

Welcome Ollylad.

Good luck to the lad because I think he's going to need it. Massive step up for him, League One isn't the place to learn your trade and a one year contract doesn't give him much breathing space.

Allen is now a class act and Camps is rough around the edges still but if he continues to improve will go higher, next season is a big one for him. To break into that Midfield will take a big effort and I wish him all the best.

The fact he's spent plenty of years playing youth football at Man United means very little really, you can't compare it to competing in League One. It will be interesting to see how he copes with the pre- season training in Tenerife and the rigours of league football should he force his way into the Matchday squad. Attitude is everything and if that's right he's joined the right Club to progress his game.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 22:24]
New signing alert on 01:03 - Jun 25 with 4318 viewsdingdangblue

New signing alert on 22:21 - Jun 24 by TalkingSutty

Good luck to the lad because I think he's going to need it. Massive step up for him, League One isn't the place to learn your trade and a one year contract doesn't give him much breathing space.

Allen is now a class act and Camps is rough around the edges still but if he continues to improve will go higher, next season is a big one for him. To break into that Midfield will take a big effort and I wish him all the best.

The fact he's spent plenty of years playing youth football at Man United means very little really, you can't compare it to competing in League One. It will be interesting to see how he copes with the pre- season training in Tenerife and the rigours of league football should he force his way into the Matchday squad. Attitude is everything and if that's right he's joined the right Club to progress his game.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 22:24]

Probably replacing Camps or Allen.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

New signing alert on 05:37 - Jun 25 with 4253 viewsTalkingSutty

New signing alert on 01:03 - Jun 25 by dingdangblue

Probably replacing Camps or Allen.

No chance of replacing them (if one of them leaves). If the lad makes his first team debut this season he will have done well I reckon. It seems to me as though we have given him a contract to see if we can take him to the next level (League Football). A replacement for the likes of Nyall Bell and Hassler Clegg who always threatened to break through into the first team but never really did.

I would be surprised if he's been signed with a view to him starting games straight away but he might surprise us. Maybe Hilly will look to loan him out to a non league club for a month or two to get him battle hardened. I just don't see him jumping from Youth Football to League One because either Allen or Camps have moved on.
New signing alert on 08:17 - Jun 25 with 4174 viewsjoecooke

Hilly probably friends with his old fella and giving the lad a chance,good luck to him.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

New signing alert on 08:19 - Jun 25 with 4169 viewsD_Alien

New signing alert on 05:37 - Jun 25 by TalkingSutty

No chance of replacing them (if one of them leaves). If the lad makes his first team debut this season he will have done well I reckon. It seems to me as though we have given him a contract to see if we can take him to the next level (League Football). A replacement for the likes of Nyall Bell and Hassler Clegg who always threatened to break through into the first team but never really did.

I would be surprised if he's been signed with a view to him starting games straight away but he might surprise us. Maybe Hilly will look to loan him out to a non league club for a month or two to get him battle hardened. I just don't see him jumping from Youth Football to League One because either Allen or Camps have moved on.

Interesting, in that context, that he speaks of stepping down to League One

The lad will only succeed once he realises it's a step up for him

If anyone can help him do that it's Hilly, but he's come "to play football" and he won't mean on the training ground

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing alert on 09:01 - Jun 25 with 4115 viewsYouTubeDale

It sounds like he has plenty of potential and Hilly is the man to get that out of him. I just get the feeling he will be good at passing and taking a man on, but will he measure up in tackles and holding opponents off?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

New signing alert on 10:47 - Jun 25 with 4001 viewsTalkingSutty

New signing alert on 08:19 - Jun 25 by D_Alien

Interesting, in that context, that he speaks of stepping down to League One

The lad will only succeed once he realises it's a step up for him

If anyone can help him do that it's Hilly, but he's come "to play football" and he won't mean on the training ground

Wasn't aware that he said that and it's a surprising comment. If he really thinks that then he could be in for a rude awakening, time will tell and I hope he proves to be a cracking signing. Will be interesting to see him in the pre-season friendlies.
New signing alert on 10:54 - Jun 25 with 3987 viewsColDale

New signing alert on 10:47 - Jun 25 by TalkingSutty

Wasn't aware that he said that and it's a surprising comment. If he really thinks that then he could be in for a rude awakening, time will tell and I hope he proves to be a cracking signing. Will be interesting to see him in the pre-season friendlies.

The comments from the club and from him suggest that he's quite a grounded lad. As Beech, he comes from a football family where his Dad was a lower league regular for years. Given that, I can't see him getting all bertie big bollocks just because he used to be at United. I'd like to think that any young footballer who signs for us now does so because of the opportunities that we give them. It won't be the money, but more the opportunity to have your career handled by a coaching team with an outstanding record for doing so.

It does sound like he is rather small, possibly in build rather than actual height. I'm guessing we'll see flashes of brilliance and then frustration at Hilly as we don't see him then for a run of games as he plays the long game.
New signing alert on 11:05 - Jun 25 with 3968 viewsdingdangblue

New signing alert on 10:47 - Jun 25 by TalkingSutty

I think some Utd kids become delusional occasionally, they've been there since they were the best players at school and wrapped in cotton wool for 7-8 years . I remember Ben Pearson at Barnsley - he was on loan from Utd , been in all the England age groups. Didn't really look owt special but he was quoted that he expected to go back to Utd after his loan and try and challenge the 1st team squad. I think he ended up getting sold to Preston for £100 grand and finished last season getting substituted most games for them. Obviously there are others like Drinkwater and Heaton who leave and make very good careers for themselves - hopefully Ollie turns out more like them.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 11:10]

New signing alert on 11:47 - Jun 25 with 3889 viewsTalkingSutty

New signing alert on 10:54 - Jun 25 by ColDale

The comments from the club and from him suggest that he's quite a grounded lad. As Beech, he comes from a football family where his Dad was a lower league regular for years. Given that, I can't see him getting all bertie big bollocks just because he used to be at United. I'd like to think that any young footballer who signs for us now does so because of the opportunities that we give them. It won't be the money, but more the opportunity to have your career handled by a coaching team with an outstanding record for doing so.

It does sound like he is rather small, possibly in build rather than actual height. I'm guessing we'll see flashes of brilliance and then frustration at Hilly as we don't see him then for a run of games as he plays the long game.

Haven't seen any interviews I just assumed he was signed as a young fringe player with a view to seeing how he comes on over the next twelve months. Is it being suggested that Hill has signed him with a view to him already being capable of challenging for a place in the starting eleven? He must have something about him to have been at UTD for so long but league one is a big jump.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024