Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition 21:31 - Jun 26 with 875 viewsBartRowou

Who will be the next permanent Tory and Labour leaders be?

Tory: Stephen Crabb (12-1)

Labour: D Milliband (10-1)

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 21:36 - Jun 26 with 869 views1mark1

Boris Johnson
Jeremy Corbyn still to be Lab leader
Green Party David Williams

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 12:25 - Jun 27 with 763 viewsSalwaDale

I'd also go Boris and Jeremy, although the Labour Party do seem to be trying their best to lose any credibility.

TBBT

Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 12:27 - Jun 27 with 757 viewsmingthemerciless

Not bothered who wins the Tory vote although May is worth a crafty bet.

Labour is in a mess. Corbyn has never been given a chance from day one with either the gutter press or the Parliamentary party, no real surprises there though. You only had to look at the majority of Labour MPs faces on declaration day to see they weren't going to give him a chance.

Being fair he's had to struggle since day one and therefore it's been too much for him to make at sort of positive impression. I'd say that a significant number of Labour MPs would rather see Corbyn gone than win an election I'd say the chances of Labour winning is extremely poor.

What these MPs haven't realised is that this action will be seen as a coup by the right wing and will lead to massive withdrawal of support from the members that saw the election of Corbyn as a change of direction for the party. These people are the ones that post the leaflets, knock on doors, run voters to the polls etc.

So it's a loose-loose situation at the moment. Worrying times for democrats in this country.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 12:29]
Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 12:37 - Jun 27 with 739 viewsD_Alien

Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 12:27 - Jun 27 by mingthemerciless

Not bothered who wins the Tory vote although May is worth a crafty bet.

Labour is in a mess. Corbyn has never been given a chance from day one with either the gutter press or the Parliamentary party, no real surprises there though. You only had to look at the majority of Labour MPs faces on declaration day to see they weren't going to give him a chance.

Being fair he's had to struggle since day one and therefore it's been too much for him to make at sort of positive impression. I'd say that a significant number of Labour MPs would rather see Corbyn gone than win an election I'd say the chances of Labour winning is extremely poor.

What these MPs haven't realised is that this action will be seen as a coup by the right wing and will lead to massive withdrawal of support from the members that saw the election of Corbyn as a change of direction for the party. These people are the ones that post the leaflets, knock on doors, run voters to the polls etc.

So it's a loose-loose situation at the moment. Worrying times for democrats in this country.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 12:29]

tbf, Corbyn will only be unseated if the members in the country vote him out (provide he stands for re-election)

So I'm going for:

Corbyn

May, as the unity candidate, who played a clever game of sitting on the fence during the referendum debate

One to watch for the future (given that May, if she wins, will be 60 on 1st October - not a sexist comment, just that I don't think she'd want to be in the job for long):

Andrea Leadsom

#torywimmin

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 12:45 - Jun 27 with 724 viewsmingthemerciless

Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 12:37 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

tbf, Corbyn will only be unseated if the members in the country vote him out (provide he stands for re-election)

So I'm going for:

Corbyn

May, as the unity candidate, who played a clever game of sitting on the fence during the referendum debate

One to watch for the future (given that May, if she wins, will be 60 on 1st October - not a sexist comment, just that I don't think she'd want to be in the job for long):

Andrea Leadsom

#torywimmin

I think the tide is running too fiercely against him for Corbyn to stay in place. Tom Watson has just been quoted as saying it could be time for him to go. I think the writing is on the wall.

Who takes over ? There are no really outstanding candidate that I can see.

I agree about May, she' played a really clever game during the referendum and could be seen as a " neutral " candidate who has managed to offend the least number of Tory MPs.
Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 12:53 - Jun 27 with 713 viewsD_Alien

Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 12:45 - Jun 27 by mingthemerciless

I think the tide is running too fiercely against him for Corbyn to stay in place. Tom Watson has just been quoted as saying it could be time for him to go. I think the writing is on the wall.

Who takes over ? There are no really outstanding candidate that I can see.

I agree about May, she' played a really clever game during the referendum and could be seen as a " neutral " candidate who has managed to offend the least number of Tory MPs.

Plus, she showed she has bottle by standing up to the Police Federation during recent controversies about their tactics and ethos. Would also heighten the constitutional debate with Nicola Sturgeon!

Re: Corbyn - I'm just hoping he remains a stubborn bugger, and that the surge in party membership results in the parliamentary party being told where to get off

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 14:46 - Jun 27 with 662 viewsmingthemerciless

Euro 2016 Messageboard Party Leaders Prediction Competition on 12:53 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

Plus, she showed she has bottle by standing up to the Police Federation during recent controversies about their tactics and ethos. Would also heighten the constitutional debate with Nicola Sturgeon!

Re: Corbyn - I'm just hoping he remains a stubborn bugger, and that the surge in party membership results in the parliamentary party being told where to get off

Re Corbyn - me too in a way but I think " the fans are on the pitch " I'm afraid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024