Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trialists 16:51 - Jun 27 with 5362 viewsisitme

Hilly says in his most recent interview that he has some trialists training with the squad and probably going to Tenerife. Anyone got any ideas who they are?
Trialists on 16:55 - Jun 27 with 5343 views49thseason

Lewis Alessandra?
Trialists on 17:46 - Jun 27 with 5198 viewsboromat

Also says they have unbelievable ability. Might get to know the names through the diaries/media coverage of tenerife

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Trialists on 15:20 - Jun 28 with 4568 viewsYadHoDale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tradesman-wins-one-month-efl-t

Looks like this lad may be one!
Trialists on 16:07 - Jun 28 with 4433 viewsBigKindo

Trialists on 15:20 - Jun 28 by YadHoDale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tradesman-wins-one-month-efl-t

Looks like this lad may be one!

....... but will we be able to compete with a plasterer's wages?
Trialists on 16:21 - Jun 28 with 4390 viewsdeeplishblue

Can't believe that he didn't choose the Carrington option.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Trialists on 16:33 - Jun 28 with 4346 viewsBrierls

rkershaw - not required.

"We've got our River back..."
Trialists on 17:28 - Jun 28 with 4190 viewsboromat

Be a nice story if he does well and we could do with another centre back haha

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Trialists on 17:31 - Jun 28 with 4169 viewsColDale

Be interesting to find out why he chose us
Login to get fewer ads

Trialists on 18:02 - Jun 28 with 4065 views1907

Trialists on 17:31 - Jun 28 by ColDale

Be interesting to find out why he chose us

Was thinking the same thing myself Col. Is it because we're in the market for another CB or is it because of our reputation for bringing unknown quantities through the first team? Hope it's the latter but would be interesting to find out how the process works from the clubs perspective.
Trialists on 00:07 - Jun 29 with 3617 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sounds like the lad has more than a bit of talent and may just need some expert guidance.

Why Dale though.......hope we get a few £££ out of it, but mainly good luck to the fella.
Trialists on 02:50 - Jun 29 with 3560 viewsSalwaDale

You can only assume that, of the clubs available to him, he thought Rochdale was his greatest chance of success. Who knows which clubs were available and who knows if he's previously had any contact with anyone at Dale.

TBBT

Trialists on 07:47 - Jun 29 with 3447 viewsdingdangblue

Trialists on 02:50 - Jun 29 by SalwaDale

You can only assume that, of the clubs available to him, he thought Rochdale was his greatest chance of success. Who knows which clubs were available and who knows if he's previously had any contact with anyone at Dale.

Maybe the success we've had with Scott Hogan and Craig Dawson was a factor?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:33 - Jun 29 with 3374 viewsdeeplishblue

Trialists on 02:50 - Jun 29 by SalwaDale

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Trialists on 08:42 - Jun 29 with 3353 viewsrafc1977

Perhaps the recent Jack Muldoon episode had something to do with it? Wasn't he a plasterer too?

I only say this as although it didn't work out for him here, he's still playing football for a living, living the dream as it were. He'll have benefited from the quality of coaching on offer and its good on his cv. His mate Jake Quickenden was at my wife's school last year (a key103 thing) and I was asking about Jack. Apparently he loved his time here, said the coaching and fitness, general football education is great.

I'm sure the fact we bring through youth, are stable, run well, hilly as manager, you'll generally get a chance to play (talent permitting) are reasons River may have chosen us. Good luck to him.
Trialists on 09:16 - Jun 29 with 3293 viewsYadHoDale

Trialists on 08:42 - Jun 29 by rafc1977

Perhaps the recent Jack Muldoon episode had something to do with it? Wasn't he a plasterer too?

I only say this as although it didn't work out for him here, he's still playing football for a living, living the dream as it were. He'll have benefited from the quality of coaching on offer and its good on his cv. His mate Jake Quickenden was at my wife's school last year (a key103 thing) and I was asking about Jack. Apparently he loved his time here, said the coaching and fitness, general football education is great.

I'm sure the fact we bring through youth, are stable, run well, hilly as manager, you'll generally get a chance to play (talent permitting) are reasons River may have chosen us. Good luck to him.

Also Lois Maynard. Had a trial with us and, although not offered a contract did enough to get one from Halifax (and subsequently Tranmere) in the Conference - several steps up from his former club at Winsford United.

A pre-season trip to Tenerife, rather than, say, an army camp on Dartmoor, may have been a factor also! :-)
Trialists on 11:47 - Jun 29 with 3100 viewsD_Dale

Trialists on 16:07 - Jun 28 by BigKindo

....... but will we be able to compete with a plasterer's wages?

When Dale signed Jonathan Jack Muldoon from Worksop wasn't he about 25 and didn't he have a similar trade?

Not an optimistic comparison to make, though JJM was a league ever-present last season at Lincoln, which - if the Imps have a full-time squad - is a breakthrough of a sort.

Maybe Dale included a place for River Humphreys on the upcoming training camp, and that clinched the deal.
Trialists on 11:57 - Jun 29 with 3068 viewsD_Alien

A month training with the club is a fabulous experience for the lad, and I really wish him well. It's difficult to envisage Hilly taking more than a limited punt on the basis of that though, with no experience of watching him in a competitive game.

If River shows the right kind of stuff, I'd have thought a month-by-month contract at best, at least until the turn of the year.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trialists on 13:44 - Jun 29 with 2820 views1949er

Looking at our recent Celtic connections, shouldnt he have called River Liffey

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Trialists on 13:51 - Jun 29 with 2784 views1907

The club tweeted that he was going to start his trial in July so reading between the lines I think that means we already have two trialists and River could be a third
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024