Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next England manager? 22:59 - Jun 27 with 10160 viewsMoonyDale

Who is next for the poisoned chalice?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Next England manager? on 11:24 - Jun 28 with 2913 viewsJimmyRustler

Next England manager? on 11:15 - Jun 28 by mingthemerciless

Shearer couldn't prevent Newcastle from being relegated. For every top player that makes a success of management there's another nine that fail.

Newcastle were virtually down before he took over though. Shame Benitez stayed on there cause I would have liked to try and tempt him.
Next England manager? on 13:59 - Jun 28 with 2755 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Keith Hill ?
Next England manager? on 15:09 - Jun 28 with 2703 viewspioneer

I agree Southgate will probably be offered it - already part of the establishment and just won a nothing tournament didnt he?

But they could think of raiding spurs for Pochettino
Next England manager? on 15:56 - Jun 28 with 2658 viewsSuddenLad

It will be an Englishman who succeeds Hodgson. Unfortunately there is no obvious candidate, but there are several no-hopers.

The FA will want 'one of their own' (Southgate/Neville) but everyone else will want a different choice.

Allardyce or Redknapp will be popular with some, (see Skybet) very unpopular with others. Hoddle hasn't been forgiven for his 'verbal indiscretion' all those years ago, so it's far from clear who will fill the vacancy.

Time for a radical overhaul, complete backroom clear out and some new, modern ideas. Apart from anything else, it's not just the manager that needs changing, some of those players should retire from International football. Not worthy of the shirt.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Next England manager? on 16:40 - Jun 28 with 2608 viewsdeeplishblue

I'd give it to Jon Snow

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Next England manager? on 16:41 - Jun 28 with 2604 viewsR17ALE

I'd like to see someone like Ian Wright have a go, perhaps with Lee Dixon assisting.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Next England manager? on 16:42 - Jun 28 with 2599 viewsjudd

Darren Kelly.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Next England manager? on 16:50 - Jun 28 with 2578 viewsBartRowou

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Next England manager? on 17:41 - Jun 28 with 2511 viewsMoonyDale

Looks like Southgate is a strong fave with Noddle next in the betting, will be a disaster if Southgate gets it......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Next England manager? on 18:08 - Jun 28 with 2474 viewsTVOS1907

Next England manager? on 16:41 - Jun 28 by R17ALE

I'd like to see someone like Ian Wright have a go, perhaps with Lee Dixon assisting.

Would he still be allowed to post on here?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next England manager? on 19:11 - Jun 28 with 2404 viewsMasher

Tony Pulis should get it. I can't understand why no one else has mentioned him. His done ok wherever he has gone and certainly has a better credentials than anyone else i've seen mentioned

Up The Dale!!

Next England manager? on 19:13 - Jun 28 with 2402 viewsmacro

Next England manager? on 19:11 - Jun 28 by Masher

Tony Pulis should get it. I can't understand why no one else has mentioned him. His done ok wherever he has gone and certainly has a better credentials than anyone else i've seen mentioned

He's loathed by baggies fans for his mind numbing tactics. Not for me
Next England manager? on 19:42 - Jun 28 with 2359 views442Dale

Plus he'd probably want the Welsh job first.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next England manager? on 19:47 - Jun 28 with 2353 viewsMasher

Next England manager? on 19:13 - Jun 28 by macro

He's loathed by baggies fans for his mind numbing tactics. Not for me

I'd Rather have him than Southgate or the Nevilles thats for sure. Pulis is top notch for getting results out of what he has. He hasn't had the budgets that other premier league teams have, but he has the tactical nouse to get results which what we have always lacked (Terry Venables short reign excepted) the so called mind numbing tactics have to be sometimes used to get the results which is exactly what we need is some of these tournaments. The England squad is allegedly far more talented than the WBA team is it not? I would hate the likes of Southgate of the Nevilles having anything to do with it thats for sure, Who do you think would be a good choice Macro?

Up The Dale!!

Next England manager? on 19:59 - Jun 28 with 2327 viewspioneer

Won nowt. He is only good for avoiding relegation so until FIFA introduces promotion and relegation....no thank you
Next England manager? on 20:45 - Jun 28 with 2078 viewsdingdangblue

Next England manager? on 19:59 - Jun 28 by pioneer

Won nowt. He is only good for avoiding relegation so until FIFA introduces promotion and relegation....no thank you

We've just been relegated out of the tournament.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Next England manager? on 21:52 - Jun 28 with 2014 viewsMasher

Next England manager? on 19:59 - Jun 28 by pioneer

I cant think of many others that have won much either. Southgate was sacked from his previous job and was rewarded a job in the England set up. Hes still won nowt. Who would be your choice Pioneer?

Up The Dale!!

Next England manager? on 09:26 - Jun 29 with 1899 viewselectricblue

Just been reading that Jurgen Klinsman is interested in the vacant England managers job.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Next England manager? on 13:26 - Jun 29 with 1811 viewsBrierls

Klinsmann would be my choice.

Took over from Voller for Germany and moulded a young talented squad which reached the World Cup semi-finals in 2006. The majority of that squad went on reach the World Cup semi-finals again in 2010, and win the World Cup in 2014. Germany were also runners up in Euro 2008 and semi-finalists in 2012.

He's taken the USA from a football nobody to a decent team who have just reached the semi final of the Copa America. Again, his preference has been to blood young players who go on to be members of the squad for a long time.

He knows the English game, knows how English players play, but has that German mentality.

Perfect candidate for me.

Edit **This article suggests otherwise - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/jun/02/jurgen-klinsmann-usa-coach-co - but I'd still have Klinsmann over any of the English suggestions**
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 13:33]
Next England manager? on 14:38 - Jun 29 with 1731 viewspioneer

Next England manager? on 21:52 - Jun 28 by Masher

I cant think of many others that have won much either. Southgate was sacked from his previous job and was rewarded a job in the England set up. Hes still won nowt. Who would be your choice Pioneer?

Wouldn't mind Pochettino being given a chance.

Needs to be someone who is currently managing either at club or international level (if we dont want to promote from within - and I dont). Hoddle has been out of the game for how long? Shearer has managed how many games and when? (without even mentioning results).

And if we have to have an englishman - then Id prefer Big Sam over the unpredictable Pardew or Eddie Howe.
Next England manager? on 17:56 - Jun 29 with 1666 viewsMasher

Next England manager? on 14:38 - Jun 29 by pioneer

Wouldn't mind Pochettino being given a chance.

Needs to be someone who is currently managing either at club or international level (if we dont want to promote from within - and I dont). Hoddle has been out of the game for how long? Shearer has managed how many games and when? (without even mentioning results).

And if we have to have an englishman - then Id prefer Big Sam over the unpredictable Pardew or Eddie Howe.

Big Sam is a good shout not sure wether he would want it or not either Pochettino another good shout and now knows the English game too. I read somewhere today that Southgate would probably be interim manager until a suitable manager is found

Up The Dale!!

Next England manager? on 18:22 - Jun 29 with 1630 viewsdingdangblue

Next England manager? on 17:56 - Jun 29 by Masher

Big Sam is a good shout not sure wether he would want it or not either Pochettino another good shout and now knows the English game too. I read somewhere today that Southgate would probably be interim manager until a suitable manager is found

It sounds like the FA want Southgate to do it till Wenger's contract runs out end of next season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Next England manager? on 19:10 - Jun 29 with 1606 viewsdalefertcup2

What has Alan Shearer done to warrant consideration for a senior managerial job?
Next England manager? on 19:33 - Jun 29 with 1580 viewsmingthemerciless

Next England manager? on 19:10 - Jun 29 by dalefertcup2

What has Alan Shearer done to warrant consideration for a senior managerial job?

Nothing.
Next England manager? on 14:36 - Jun 30 with 1433 viewsTomRAFC

I'm certainly warming to the idea of a young English manager being guided by an experienced international coach at first.

Giving someone like Howe or Dyche an introduction into the difference between club and international management. If they'd be open to that sort of thing... ooh er missus!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024