Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 15:30 - Jul 26 with 4222 viewsLuke8686

Heard through the grapevine we've manage to sell 1,600 season tickets. Anyone know how this compares to recent years? Suppose we might get a rough official figure at the fans forum on Thursday
Season tickets on 15:45 - Jul 26 with 4178 views442Dale

That's excellent news if you're right Luke. Wonder how many kids took up the free tickets initiative? Hopefully they'll all turn up every week and we'll see an immediate increase in the attendance in the first few games.

Last season there was mention of a number at the end of the SPP:
http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/join-the-journey-with-a-dale-seaso

It'll be interesting to hear the breakdown of the numbers sold in each category, but it's good news if there are more Dale fans turning up on day 1 this year against the same opponents.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season tickets on 16:11 - Jul 26 with 4093 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 15:45 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

That's excellent news if you're right Luke. Wonder how many kids took up the free tickets initiative? Hopefully they'll all turn up every week and we'll see an immediate increase in the attendance in the first few games.

Last season there was mention of a number at the end of the SPP:
http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/join-the-journey-with-a-dale-seaso

It'll be interesting to hear the breakdown of the numbers sold in each category, but it's good news if there are more Dale fans turning up on day 1 this year against the same opponents.

Two seperate sources suggest ST sales have been positive so that's great news, personally i was expecting a much higher uptake than that due to the amount of youngsters being targeted, was it something like 35,000? Anyway,it is what it is.
Season tickets on 16:33 - Jul 26 with 4035 viewsMoonyDale

Season tickets on 16:11 - Jul 26 by TalkingSutty

Two seperate sources suggest ST sales have been positive so that's great news, personally i was expecting a much higher uptake than that due to the amount of youngsters being targeted, was it something like 35,000? Anyway,it is what it is.

What we need to know is how many of those 1600 are the free child tickets, only then will we see what effect prices have had on other ticket sales.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Season tickets on 17:06 - Jul 26 with 3944 viewsKenBoon

I gave in and bought one. Although I downgraded to a Country Season Ticket. I was charged a booking fee too... I couldn't be arsed contesting it's validity. Up t'dale.
Season tickets on 17:44 - Jul 26 with 3852 viewshxdale

I'm not this season, going to miss going to every match, been priced out this season.
Season tickets on 17:47 - Jul 26 with 3836 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 16:33 - Jul 26 by MoonyDale

What we need to know is how many of those 1600 are the free child tickets, only then will we see what effect prices have had on other ticket sales.

Absolutely right, and it's also worth pointing out that giving away free tickets (even with a £silly admin charge) isn't a "sale"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season tickets on 17:56 - Jul 26 with 3800 viewsTVOS1907

Which grapevine, Luke?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Season tickets on 18:04 - Jul 26 with 3771 viewsLuke8686

Season tickets on 17:56 - Jul 26 by TVOS1907

Which grapevine, Luke?

My dad, think he asked someone at the club when enquiring about a country season ticket. I wouldn't take it as gospel though knowing my dad
Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 18:30 - Jul 26 with 3684 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 18:04 - Jul 26 by Luke8686

My dad, think he asked someone at the club when enquiring about a country season ticket. I wouldn't take it as gospel though knowing my dad

I'm guessing your dad's not called Matthew, Mark or John?

Season tickets on 18:32 - Jul 26 with 3672 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 18:30 - Jul 26 by D_Alien

Season tickets on 18:50 - Jul 26 with 3614 viewsLuke8686

Season tickets on 18:30 - Jul 26 by D_Alien

Mohammed ;-)
Season tickets on 21:44 - Jul 26 with 3366 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 18:50 - Jul 26 by Luke8686

Mohammed ;-)

HIs words may turn out to be prophetic yet?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season tickets on 21:57 - Jul 26 with 3314 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 21:44 - Jul 26 by DaleiLama

HIs words may turn out to be prophetic yet?

They might be, or they might be shi'ite

Season tickets on 06:31 - Jul 27 with 3085 viewsSandyman

Fact is a worrying number of adult season ticket holders have NOT renewed for 2016-17 after the "There will be no price increase for Season Tickets next season" price increase fiasco.
Season tickets on 07:48 - Jul 27 with 3005 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 06:31 - Jul 27 by Sandyman

Fact is a worrying number of adult season ticket holders have NOT renewed for 2016-17 after the "There will be no price increase for Season Tickets next season" price increase fiasco.

Maybe those Adults who haven't renewed will number in the dozens rather than the hundreds, I know a lot saw the pricing announcement as an insult to their intelligence but there you go. I also know a couple who at the last minute have changed their stance and decided to renew and even more who have kept the money in their pockets and will probably end up picking and choosing games. Will they ever buy a ST again, who knows?

The fact that a number of 'Free' tickets will have been shifted means some will be accompanied by full paying adults, that should cover for those loyal supporters who have decided not to renew their Season Tickets,but how fickle will they prove to be? Noises coming out of the Club suggest they are encouraged with the sales so once the season begins they will have the final figures and let's hope they are good.

To be honest, no matter how the Club spin this one the bottom line is they have made a pigs ear out of it, you don't give Season Ticket holders an excuse not to renew by not making them feel valued. Rather than coming out with a Statement telling the fanbase to ' Look out for exciting news regarding Season Tickets' why not just announce at the time that there's going to be a great deal for the kids instead of building up false hope of a price cut or increase in value of the Adult ST? Contrary to popular belief the fans aren't daft or sheep and will make their own minds up when it comes to spending THEIR money.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 7:53]
Season tickets on 07:51 - Jul 27 with 2999 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets on 07:48 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

Maybe those Adults who haven't renewed will number in the dozens rather than the hundreds, I know a lot saw the pricing announcement as an insult to their intelligence but there you go. I also know a couple who at the last minute have changed their stance and decided to renew and even more who have kept the money in their pockets and will probably end up picking and choosing games. Will they ever buy a ST again, who knows?

The fact that a number of 'Free' tickets will have been shifted means some will be accompanied by full paying adults, that should cover for those loyal supporters who have decided not to renew their Season Tickets,but how fickle will they prove to be? Noises coming out of the Club suggest they are encouraged with the sales so once the season begins they will have the final figures and let's hope they are good.

To be honest, no matter how the Club spin this one the bottom line is they have made a pigs ear out of it, you don't give Season Ticket holders an excuse not to renew by not making them feel valued. Rather than coming out with a Statement telling the fanbase to ' Look out for exciting news regarding Season Tickets' why not just announce at the time that there's going to be a great deal for the kids instead of building up false hope of a price cut or increase in value of the Adult ST? Contrary to popular belief the fans aren't daft or sheep and will make their own minds up when it comes to spending THEIR money.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 7:53]

Good post, TS.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Season tickets on 08:24 - Jul 27 with 2945 views1907

Season tickets on 17:44 - Jul 26 by hxdale

I'm not this season, going to miss going to every match, been priced out this season.

Just out of curiosity how much more expensive was it for this season than last for you to become priced out?
Season tickets on 08:37 - Jul 27 with 2920 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 07:51 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

Good post, TS.

I don't think for one minute the Chairman and Directors don't make decisions with the best interest of the Club at heart, they are all dye in the wool Dale fans just like us so that's not the issue and they didn't join the Board for the good of their health.

I do think that for some reason they are reluctant to actually communicate with the fanbase and when I say that I don't mean the few representatives from the Dale Trust who they bump into on matchdays or in a official capacity. The Trust do a very good job but are not representatives of the majority of the fanbase, in fact I think this forum is more of a true reflection of how the fans are feeling. Meetings don't have to be done in an official capacity, it produces a sterile environment and results in mundane discussions and plenty of back slapping. Meet in the pub over a pint and have a chat.

Prior to every home game there are probably a hundred Dale fans or more in the Dale bar from 2pm onwards, maybe during next season the Directors will pop in over a number of games unannounced and approach each table and introduce themselves ( we all know each other anyway), buy a pint for themselves and sit down and discuss any issues and ask for ideas regarding pricing policies and attracting new supporters. By doing that the Directors will get a feel of the mood of Supporters and I know for a fact they would get a warm welcome, it will also help to make everybody involved feel more inclusive. Similar to a fans forum but on a more informal basis and not played out in front of a wide audience.Just an idea.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 9:02]
Season tickets on 09:50 - Jul 27 with 2834 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets on 08:24 - Jul 27 by 1907

Just out of curiosity how much more expensive was it for this season than last for you to become priced out?

Surely that's a private matter. Everyone's circumstances are different and could have changed over the past few months.

Season tickets on 09:58 - Jul 27 with 2824 views442Dale

Season tickets on 08:37 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

I don't think for one minute the Chairman and Directors don't make decisions with the best interest of the Club at heart, they are all dye in the wool Dale fans just like us so that's not the issue and they didn't join the Board for the good of their health.

I do think that for some reason they are reluctant to actually communicate with the fanbase and when I say that I don't mean the few representatives from the Dale Trust who they bump into on matchdays or in a official capacity. The Trust do a very good job but are not representatives of the majority of the fanbase, in fact I think this forum is more of a true reflection of how the fans are feeling. Meetings don't have to be done in an official capacity, it produces a sterile environment and results in mundane discussions and plenty of back slapping. Meet in the pub over a pint and have a chat.

Prior to every home game there are probably a hundred Dale fans or more in the Dale bar from 2pm onwards, maybe during next season the Directors will pop in over a number of games unannounced and approach each table and introduce themselves ( we all know each other anyway), buy a pint for themselves and sit down and discuss any issues and ask for ideas regarding pricing policies and attracting new supporters. By doing that the Directors will get a feel of the mood of Supporters and I know for a fact they would get a warm welcome, it will also help to make everybody involved feel more inclusive. Similar to a fans forum but on a more informal basis and not played out in front of a wide audience.Just an idea.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 9:02]

It's a great idea. Sometimes the procedural nature of meetings gets in the way of getting things done. The amount of constructive conversations that go on before games in places like the Dale Bar is something that could definitely be taken advantage of. Similarly this messageboard is an excellent test of supporter opinion, there are very few who are negative for negative's sake. Long been an advocate of any club using forums to get an idea of how fans are feeling - it's easy enough to ignore those who rant nonsense... Ignore them, just like in a pub!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season tickets on 10:53 - Jul 27 with 2738 viewsD_Alien

Without repeating your post TS, your point about the board being reluctant to engage with the fanbase as a whole hits a nerve - not ours, but theirs. Even at Fans Forums there seems to be a distance, an "us and them" stance, never more in evidence than the way one particular director referred to the people of Rochdale, albeit a few years ago now.

This is sometimes aided and abetted by those who might be described as "hangers on" who feel some kind of reflected self-importance by playing a minor role at the club or maybe just thinking they're "well in". You can see them strolling around on matchdays with smug looks on their faces! It's a L1 football club ffs, not the bloody Ministry of Silly Grins.

Individually, some of the directors are perfectly approachable, especially outside the club. I've shared a couple of pints with CD in the past (before he became chair) with a couple of mates in the old Dog & Partridge, so I've no personal axe to grind here. It's just the overall attitude I find grating exemplified by the ST misinformation issue which included a fair dose of condescension, imo.

Season tickets on 16:38 - Jul 27 with 2568 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 10:53 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

Without repeating your post TS, your point about the board being reluctant to engage with the fanbase as a whole hits a nerve - not ours, but theirs. Even at Fans Forums there seems to be a distance, an "us and them" stance, never more in evidence than the way one particular director referred to the people of Rochdale, albeit a few years ago now.

This is sometimes aided and abetted by those who might be described as "hangers on" who feel some kind of reflected self-importance by playing a minor role at the club or maybe just thinking they're "well in". You can see them strolling around on matchdays with smug looks on their faces! It's a L1 football club ffs, not the bloody Ministry of Silly Grins.

Individually, some of the directors are perfectly approachable, especially outside the club. I've shared a couple of pints with CD in the past (before he became chair) with a couple of mates in the old Dog & Partridge, so I've no personal axe to grind here. It's just the overall attitude I find grating exemplified by the ST misinformation issue which included a fair dose of condescension, imo.

Agree with that, disagreement is a healthy thing. I am pretty sure the Chairman and Directors don't want to listen to smoke being blown up their arses every matchday it's bloody cringeworthy, nearly as bad as Roccy the Serial Celebrity Stalker!!

The fans sometimes don't see the full picture, they don't know properly what goes on behind the scenes and sometimes a bit of communication from both parties often results in better understanding when it comes to decision making. Disagreement isn't a reason to fall out, it's often the basis of very constructive conversations,but some take is a personal attack when it's nothing of the sort.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024