Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL trophy 09:38 - Jul 27 with 3490 viewsColDale

EFL trophy on 13:11 - Jul 27 with 1304 viewsmacro

EFL trophy on 13:08 - Jul 27 by chalkyncfc

Regional?

Rochdale is the nearest club there and its a two hour drive,i can't see many fans making the journey on a Tuesday night if they are drawn away

It's a Cock up from start to finish.
EFL trophy on 13:13 - Jul 27 with 1302 viewsmacro

Cheltenham is obviously far morenorthern than Coventry! Who regionalised this tazzy?
EFL trophy on 14:28 - Jul 27 with 1197 viewsfermin

EFL trophy on 13:13 - Jul 27 by macro

Cheltenham is obviously far morenorthern than Coventry! Who regionalised this tazzy?

If you look at the split on a L2 basis only then Cheltenham are one of the more northern teams. I am not sure how they work out the number of teams in each category in each group but that is the logic as far as I can see.

I presume our game against Sunderland U23 will count as a first team game for the record books. However, I would hope this game a) does not remove Sunderland from the list of teams we have never played a competitive game against and b) does not appear as a game against Sunderland in the programme.
EFL trophy on 15:25 - Jul 27 with 1135 viewsWhiteyBFC

I always saw this competition as a bit tinpot, irrelevant to a club like us. Then we were relegated and involved in it and so you accept it's there. But you're not arsed about it. However, last season was special. The York game saw the return of Hammill, the Bradford tie was ideal with me living here, I loved the Wigan game, great win there on pens. The Fleetwood legs were tight affairs settled by a crazy shootout. And I then had the opportunity to watch my club at Wembley for a third time, having already seen us lose the other trips.

Thankfully, Oxford were our opponents and a credit to their club and city. It was a fantastic day out, both sets of supporters mingled and shared stories, drinks and laughter. 60,000 there for this 'tinpot' irrelevance. And to see my club lift a trophy at the home of football will live with me forever.

No, it didn't compare in stature to the other two trips I'd made, nor does it eclipse our most recent Wembley visit (a month later). But it was still bloody special.

The competition that (along with the playoffs) gives more chances to smaller clubs to reach Wembley and compete for a trophy.

Absolutely obscene, disgusting what they've done to it. It's dead. I'm sad about that. Just a shame that L1 and L2 clubs didn't see fit to reject it. Money talks.
But you supporters don't need to accept it. I would rather eat my own shit than see us play Reading academy.

I really hope two academy sides contest the final. Then it will be deader than dead.

At least I can say we won the last ever trophy final in its true and proper guise.
EFL trophy on 15:59 - Jul 27 with 1076 viewsTalkingSutty

EFL trophy on 10:34 - Jul 27 by BarryStrange

That's not a bad idea tbh. I would rather play you lot or Oldham again in a proper cup tie than whatever group of overpaid teenagers we end up with in this stupid thing, bearing in mind even when we play you in this neither team takes it that seriously.

The League Cup only retains interest when you are in it beyond the first game of the season. The seeded one-game draw has ensured that doesn't happen too often (I know you were seeded this year but like us you're usually not).

Also agree with whoever said that the clubs voting for this stupid deal from L1 and L2 are the ones that have made a mockery of the competition. I am very, very confident (though don't know) we will be one such.

If a competition needs this level of gimmickry to try and become interesting, surely that makes people doubt its inherent value?

Something else which is just decided on without consulting the Supporters. They then have the audacity to expect fans just to walk up on a cold winters night and hand over their cash, having said that some will be daft enough to do it.

It's the lack of consultation with the very people who are expected to support this idea that staggers me.These matches should be used as midweek bounce games and just played behind closed doors, agree pre- match that the 10k winners cheque will just be split between the Clubs.

I honestly wouldn't walk down to Littleborough Rec to watch a load of under 23 prima donas prancing around , it's a joke of a competition.
EFL trophy on 16:08 - Jul 27 with 1060 viewsTalkingSutty

EFL trophy on 15:25 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

I always saw this competition as a bit tinpot, irrelevant to a club like us. Then we were relegated and involved in it and so you accept it's there. But you're not arsed about it. However, last season was special. The York game saw the return of Hammill, the Bradford tie was ideal with me living here, I loved the Wigan game, great win there on pens. The Fleetwood legs were tight affairs settled by a crazy shootout. And I then had the opportunity to watch my club at Wembley for a third time, having already seen us lose the other trips.

Thankfully, Oxford were our opponents and a credit to their club and city. It was a fantastic day out, both sets of supporters mingled and shared stories, drinks and laughter. 60,000 there for this 'tinpot' irrelevance. And to see my club lift a trophy at the home of football will live with me forever.

No, it didn't compare in stature to the other two trips I'd made, nor does it eclipse our most recent Wembley visit (a month later). But it was still bloody special.

The competition that (along with the playoffs) gives more chances to smaller clubs to reach Wembley and compete for a trophy.

Absolutely obscene, disgusting what they've done to it. It's dead. I'm sad about that. Just a shame that L1 and L2 clubs didn't see fit to reject it. Money talks.
But you supporters don't need to accept it. I would rather eat my own shit than see us play Reading academy.

I really hope two academy sides contest the final. Then it will be deader than dead.

At least I can say we won the last ever trophy final in its true and proper guise.

Big bragger, bad sha**er!! Nobody likes a show off Whitey. Barnsley only picked that Trophy up because Clubs like ourselves didn't take it seriously and you know it lad
EFL trophy on 17:01 - Jul 27 with 998 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 14:28 - Jul 27 by fermin

If you look at the split on a L2 basis only then Cheltenham are one of the more northern teams. I am not sure how they work out the number of teams in each category in each group but that is the logic as far as I can see.

I presume our game against Sunderland U23 will count as a first team game for the record books. However, I would hope this game a) does not remove Sunderland from the list of teams we have never played a competitive game against and b) does not appear as a game against Sunderland in the programme.

We might be dictated by some EFL missive for (b).

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

EFL trophy on 17:06 - Jul 27 with 988 viewsD_Alien

IMO the only way to deal with this sort of nonsense is to play our own under-23's against such opposition *

We could put a team out that'd show any bunch of premiership under-23's what the realities of football are about

I'd love it, just love it (KK stylee) if Hilly took that stance!

* if the rules about fielding regular players allowed

[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 17:08]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

EFL trophy on 17:17 - Jul 27 with 956 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 13:08 - Jul 27 by chalkyncfc

Regional?

Rochdale is the nearest club there and its a two hour drive,i can't see many fans making the journey on a Tuesday night if they are drawn away

No different to when you come in the league then.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

EFL trophy on 17:22 - Jul 27 with 946 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 15:25 - Jul 27 by WhiteyBFC

I think a lot more L1/2 clubs would have rejected it if they had known so many Premier League clubs were going to turn down their invitation.

You're right, though, it should never have come to that in the first place.

EFL trophy on 17:26 - Jul 27 with 940 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 15:59 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

Something else which is just decided on without consulting the Supporters. They then have the audacity to expect fans just to walk up on a cold winters night and hand over their cash, having said that some will be daft enough to do it.

It's the lack of consultation with the very people who are expected to support this idea that staggers me.These matches should be used as midweek bounce games and just played behind closed doors, agree pre- match that the 10k winners cheque will just be split between the Clubs.

I honestly wouldn't walk down to Littleborough Rec to watch a load of under 23 prima donas prancing around , it's a joke of a competition.

Especially now the rec field is like a crater!

EFL trophy on 18:21 - Jul 27 with 872 viewsTalkingSutty

EFL trophy on 17:26 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

Especially now the rec field is like a crater!

What's happened there, do you know?
EFL trophy on 18:31 - Jul 27 with 863 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 18:21 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

Is it something to do with flood defences?

EFL trophy on 18:38 - Jul 27 with 849 views442Dale

EFL trophy on 18:21 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

Jason Pearce probably walks his dog there.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

EFL trophy on 19:16 - Jul 27 with 803 viewsTalkingSutty

EFL trophy on 18:38 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

Jason Pearce probably walks his dog there.

He probably flew over there many years ago.
EFL trophy on 19:57 - Jul 27 with 743 viewsmacro

I think they should have had a midland section to help with the uneven distribution of teams, might have meant less distance for teams.
EFL trophy on 20:34 - Jul 27 with 699 viewschalkyncfc

EFL trophy on 17:17 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

No different to when you come in the league then.

Its a sad fact that we don't take many to small clubs
EFL trophy on 20:58 - Jul 27 with 673 viewsD_Alien

EFL trophy on 20:34 - Jul 27 by chalkyncfc

You'll not be taking many away this season, then?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EFL trophy on 21:29 - Jul 27 with 631 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 20:34 - Jul 27 by chalkyncfc

Or to any clubs.

EFL trophy on 21:38 - Jul 27 with 612 viewsolympicdale

I saw this on Twitter earlier, and instantly thought it was some sort of youth tournament. What is going on with this cup, the last time I heard about the PL and Championship teams entering it, the L1 and L2 clubs veto'd the idea. This cup, such as it is, is becoming a farce, it is a chance for the lower leagues to make it to Wembley, but this could seriously damage their chance. While I'm at it, as well, why are they in groups? everything about this new system is just stupid, could turn out to be the beginning of the end of the paint pot trophy.

Life is a game of fate.

EFL trophy on 21:53 - Jul 27 with 577 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 21:38 - Jul 27 by olympicdale

I saw this on Twitter earlier, and instantly thought it was some sort of youth tournament. What is going on with this cup, the last time I heard about the PL and Championship teams entering it, the L1 and L2 clubs veto'd the idea. This cup, such as it is, is becoming a farce, it is a chance for the lower leagues to make it to Wembley, but this could seriously damage their chance. While I'm at it, as well, why are they in groups? everything about this new system is just stupid, could turn out to be the beginning of the end of the paint pot trophy.

It's a mess, but its format and make-up has been discussed extensively over the last five weeks in numerous places.

EFL trophy on 01:38 - Jul 28 with 469 viewspioneer

EFL trophy on 17:06 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

IMO the only way to deal with this sort of nonsense is to play our own under-23's against such opposition *

We could put a team out that'd show any bunch of premiership under-23's what the realities of football are about

I'd love it, just love it (KK stylee) if Hilly took that stance!

* if the rules about fielding regular players allowed

[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 17:08]

great idea.

Still struggling to understand how the competition is optional for the clubs from thetop two divisions but complsory for those in Lg 1 and2.

Mickey mouse must be pi**ed off by constantly being associated by these brain farts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024