Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL trophy 09:38 - Jul 27 with 3527 viewsColDale

EFL trophy on 09:41 - Jul 27 with 2231 viewsColDale

Could get a Northern draw of Derby reserves, Cambridge and Grimsby.

The "big teams" have made a mockery of it. Will anyone really be impressed by the likes of Reading or Blackburn U21 sides?
EFL trophy on 09:51 - Jul 27 with 2192 views442Dale

The L1 & 2 clubs who agreed to go along with it are the ones who made a mockery of the competition. It might not be the greatest tournament in the world but everyone knew the benefits of a decent run in it, something we have seen ourselves a couple of times. As it is they've put so many more people off.

You would hope the clubs in the lower leagues will represent their fans better next year and knock this farce on the head.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

EFL trophy on 10:03 - Jul 27 with 2166 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 09:51 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

The L1 & 2 clubs who agreed to go along with it are the ones who made a mockery of the competition. It might not be the greatest tournament in the world but everyone knew the benefits of a decent run in it, something we have seen ourselves a couple of times. As it is they've put so many more people off.

You would hope the clubs in the lower leagues will represent their fans better next year and knock this farce on the head.

Spot on.

They should just ditch the whole thing and perhaps look at a way to revamp the League Cup, if they want more cup games for lower league clubs.

Thinking aloud here, but I'd go for something with teams in groups of three in the first round of the LC, playing each other once, thereby guaranteeing everyone a home game in that round.

There are probably pitfalls, but it's an idea.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

EFL trophy on 10:13 - Jul 27 with 2135 viewsdingdangblue

https://twitter.com/EFLTrophy?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 10:14]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

EFL trophy on 10:16 - Jul 27 with 2111 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 10:13 - Jul 27 by dingdangblue

https://twitter.com/EFLTrophy?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 10:14]

Cheltenham v Blackpool is a cracking northern tie.

EFL trophy on 10:17 - Jul 27 with 2105 viewsdingdangblue

Sunderland
Dale
Hartlepool
Notts County

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

EFL trophy on 10:17 - Jul 27 with 2103 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

EFL trophy on 10:20 - Jul 27 with 2068 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 10:17 - Jul 27 by fitzochris

Triffic. Chalky will be back here again soon.

Login to get fewer ads

EFL trophy on 10:20 - Jul 27 with 2067 viewsdingdangblue

EFL trophy on 10:16 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

Cheltenham v Blackpool is a cracking northern tie.

Cambridge v Middlesborough - a lot of local Northern history in that tie!

EFL trophy on 10:22 - Jul 27 with 2050 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 10:20 - Jul 27 by dingdangblue

Cambridge v Middlesborough - a lot of local Northern history in that tie!

It's like a Second Division match from 1984!

EFL trophy on 10:25 - Jul 27 with 2030 viewsdingdangblue

Chelsea and West ham in the southern section.
Can see it now.
Wembley final.
Chelsea v Rochdale.

EFL trophy on 10:30 - Jul 27 with 2004 viewsmacro

What a cock up, they ought to have ditched the whole thing or forced the larger clubs to take part. Fair play to Chelsea, West Ham and Everton but it really shows what the PL think of this. I mean the PL have their brand new U-23 league.
EFL trophy on 10:33 - Jul 27 with 1996 viewsfitzochris

EFL trophy on 10:20 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

Triffic. Chalky will be back here again soon.

I can't wait to hear his latest Sam Allardyce anecdote.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

EFL trophy on 10:34 - Jul 27 with 1994 viewsBarryStrange

EFL trophy on 10:03 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

Spot on.

They should just ditch the whole thing and perhaps look at a way to revamp the League Cup, if they want more cup games for lower league clubs.

Thinking aloud here, but I'd go for something with teams in groups of three in the first round of the LC, playing each other once, thereby guaranteeing everyone a home game in that round.

There are probably pitfalls, but it's an idea.

That's not a bad idea tbh. I would rather play you lot or Oldham again in a proper cup tie than whatever group of overpaid teenagers we end up with in this stupid thing, bearing in mind even when we play you in this neither team takes it that seriously.

The League Cup only retains interest when you are in it beyond the first game of the season. The seeded one-game draw has ensured that doesn't happen too often (I know you were seeded this year but like us you're usually not).

Also agree with whoever said that the clubs voting for this stupid deal from L1 and L2 are the ones that have made a mockery of the competition. I am very, very confident (though don't know) we will be one such.

If a competition needs this level of gimmickry to try and become interesting, surely that makes people doubt its inherent value?
EFL trophy on 10:35 - Jul 27 with 1987 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 10:30 - Jul 27 by macro

What a cock up, they ought to have ditched the whole thing or forced the larger clubs to take part. Fair play to Chelsea, West Ham and Everton but it really shows what the PL think of this. I mean the PL have their brand new U-23 league.

If we end up with two home games the club will lose a lot of money.

EFL trophy on 10:41 - Jul 27 with 1947 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 10:34 - Jul 27 by BarryStrange

That's not a bad idea tbh. I would rather play you lot or Oldham again in a proper cup tie than whatever group of overpaid teenagers we end up with in this stupid thing, bearing in mind even when we play you in this neither team takes it that seriously.

The League Cup only retains interest when you are in it beyond the first game of the season. The seeded one-game draw has ensured that doesn't happen too often (I know you were seeded this year but like us you're usually not).

Also agree with whoever said that the clubs voting for this stupid deal from L1 and L2 are the ones that have made a mockery of the competition. I am very, very confident (though don't know) we will be one such.

If a competition needs this level of gimmickry to try and become interesting, surely that makes people doubt its inherent value?

The 48 L1&2 clubs could go into 16 regional groups in round one. Group winners go through to a knockout, maybe with 16 Championship clubs, in round two.

Then keep filtering the remaining Championship and PL clubs in until the numbers are right for a straight knockout.

They could make it work if they wanted to. I know you might still get some dead rubbers, but it's got to be worth a try instead of the farce they've come up with this week.

EFL trophy on 11:04 - Jul 27 with 1867 viewsdingdangblue

EFL trophy on 10:35 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

If we end up with two home games the club will lose a lot of money.

Even with getting £10 grand prize money for winning a group game?
(£5 grand if you draw)

EFL trophy on 11:10 - Jul 27 with 1840 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 11:04 - Jul 27 by dingdangblue

Even with getting £10 grand prize money for winning a group game?
(£5 grand if you draw)

Only guessing, but I imagine that wouldn't even cover the costs of catering, floodlighting, stewarding, bar staff, catering staff, etc, especially given the crap crowds we would get.

EFL trophy on 11:32 - Jul 27 with 1779 viewsdingdangblue

EFL trophy on 11:10 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

Only guessing, but I imagine that wouldn't even cover the costs of catering, floodlighting, stewarding, bar staff, catering staff, etc, especially given the crap crowds we would get.

Best outcome would be Sunderland at Spotland and Notts and Hartlepool away I guess?

EFL trophy on 11:37 - Jul 27 with 1768 viewsDickydaler

Any idea of when we learn where the matches will be played?
EFL trophy on 11:47 - Jul 27 with 1716 viewsTVOS1907

EFL trophy on 11:32 - Jul 27 by dingdangblue

Best outcome would be Sunderland at Spotland and Notts and Hartlepool away I guess?

Aye, although a trip to the Stadium of Light would be nice, if they are playing there.

EFL trophy on 11:47 - Jul 27 with 1716 viewsdingdangblue

EFL trophy on 11:37 - Jul 27 by Dickydaler

Any idea of when we learn where the matches will be played?

In due course.

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/dale-learn-efl-trophy-group

EFL trophy on 12:19 - Jul 27 with 1608 viewsAtThePeake

EFL trophy on 11:47 - Jul 27 by dingdangblue

In due course.

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/dale-learn-efl-trophy-group

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/13631570_10157217216470344_22977

Tangled up in blue.

EFL trophy on 12:23 - Jul 27 with 1586 viewsdingdangblue

EFL trophy on 11:47 - Jul 27 by TVOS1907

Aye, although a trip to the Stadium of Light would be nice, if they are playing there.

I think the rules are that the Academy team play 2 away and 1 home - which has to be played in their Home Stadium.

EFL trophy on 13:08 - Jul 27 with 1466 viewschalkyncfc

EFL trophy on 10:17 - Jul 27 by fitzochris

Regional?

Rochdale is the nearest club there and its a two hour drive,i can't see many fans making the journey on a Tuesday night if they are drawn away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024