Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 17:33 - Jul 28 with 15260 views442Dale

Could anyone who is going provide details for those of us unable attend in this thread please?

It's only fair because I usually take pen and paper to make notes for the rest of you, without a word of thanks*

*not strictly a fact. Others often report back too. Please do so again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans Forum on 15:36 - Jul 29 with 2353 views49thseason

Fans Forum on 15:24 - Jul 29 by dingdangblue

I think they are still available to buy after the Peterborough game - but it would be a bit pointless to be honest as the value goes down from poor to really poor

The whole thing is a nonsense, why can't they simply sell a season ticket for 22 games post- Peterborough at a pro-rata price (rip out ticket number one)? And so on until there are only say 6 home games left?

Anyone would think we had a full house every week rather than the better part of 7000 empty seats.
Fans Forum on 15:50 - Jul 29 with 2330 viewsDaleiLama

Sometimes it's really frustrating reading the posts on here.
Progressive on the pitch, but too often regressive off it.
I know they are making an effort in some areas, but there's still too much apathy. Things could be so much better. Bloody shame really.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans Forum on 15:54 - Jul 29 with 2313 viewsnordenblue

Fans Forum on 12:38 - Jul 29 by lurker

I haven't and won't be renewing my adult ST from last year.
I also have 2 kids that had a truly free ST last year that won't have one this year.
The reason is partly financial. I would have stretched my finances if I had been given more incentive to do so and taken the wrath of my other half, but sadly that was not the case.

As a result, I will be picking and choosing some home games to go to and maybe attend what local away games I can when I have the spare loot! When I go it will be in the Sandy Lane end (cheapest) and I might bring the kids if they are up for it, but won't be actively encouraging them to come for obvious reasons.

Last year, I attended every home game, the kids came with me 90% of the time and, as kids tend to do, they emptied my wallet on food and drink every time.

Maybe I am the only case like this, or similar, but even if I am it is some loss to the club all the same.

Just to add, I absolutely love the Dale and I know this is probably going to hurt like hell initially, but the decision is partly financial and partly on principle. This whole ST thing has been handled so very poorly IMHO and I certainly have felt taken for granted as a supporter. Who knows, maybe the initial pain will subside over time, which would be the absolute worst scenario for the club I would think?

Here's to a good season. Up the Dale!

The initial hurt will quickly subside with the increase of cash you're still left to play with each week,the club treat supporters like they are doing us all a favour letting us watch the football at our expense when the sad fact is its a habit thats VERY easy to get out of.
With the current cost of football there's far better options available for people with money burning a whole in their pocket......
Fans Forum on 16:55 - Jul 29 with 2141 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans Forum on 13:50 - Jul 29 by judd

It's really saddening to read your post, Sandyman.

I also notice that in this thread there has been an allusion to a conman operating at another club when our own club - in the very letter attached - state that kids season tickets are "FREE OF CHARGE" then immediately caveat that with a £10 admin charge.

£10 is absolutely superb value.

Free of charge, by definition, means WITHOUT ANY PAYMENT DUE (Oxford Dictionary).

Which marketing guru has made this offer look better by using a phrase they clearly did not understand the meaning of, and has effectively made the club's management appear to be shysters who have got their just rewards with an apparently appalling uptake by the target market that did understand?

'Insulting the supporters intelligence'and 'Taking the fans for granted' seem to be the running theme of this thread. I honestly think we'll be lucky to get 2,200 home fans for the first game of the season, hope I'm wrong.
Fans Forum on 17:08 - Jul 29 with 2090 viewsLuke8686

Just watched part of the video on DalePlayer.

Dave Bottomley says that he's pleased with how ST sales have gone. How the hell can they be pleased when the aim of the Under 11's initiative was to increase our fanbase when in fact it's looking like we're gonna see a decrease in the number of ST compared to last season?

Have they given up??
Fans Forum on 17:08 - Jul 29 with 2082 viewsColDale

Fans Forum on 15:36 - Jul 29 by 49thseason

The whole thing is a nonsense, why can't they simply sell a season ticket for 22 games post- Peterborough at a pro-rata price (rip out ticket number one)? And so on until there are only say 6 home games left?

Anyone would think we had a full house every week rather than the better part of 7000 empty seats.

Whilst it won't be advertised, I'd wager that anyone post Peterborough wanting a season ticket would be quoted a price as would be the case at any stage throughout the season. Could be wrong, but I doubt anyone asking would be turned away. Perhaps someone on here who can't go Poshh could give it a go
Fans Forum on 17:08 - Jul 29 with 2080 viewsdingdangblue

Fans Forum on 16:55 - Jul 29 by TalkingSutty

'Insulting the supporters intelligence'and 'Taking the fans for granted' seem to be the running theme of this thread. I honestly think we'll be lucky to get 2,200 home fans for the first game of the season, hope I'm wrong.

Well I'm away on holiday so thats 3 less (unless I can give my tickets to one of my friends to use).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans Forum on 17:35 - Jul 29 with 2015 viewsWill_RAFC

Reading that the fans forum was poorly attended and I can't help but feel matches will be poorly attended this season aswell.

Like everyone on here, I'm a dyed in the wool Dale fan and like a lot of people feel a disconnect between fanbase and club, so god knows how the casual fan feels. And even worse how any potential fan would feel.

I used to attend every club event like this. Now I feel there attitude is CBA with fans I CBA with them. I go to matches but thats it. I don't attend forums, the season ticket fiasco proves they don't listen to fans and they tell you to like it or lump it. I dont drink in the club bars, hey are a rip off but they dont listen. Sadly it feels like they treat us with the contempt Premiership clubs treat there fans (customers) except if one of us doesn't go, that seat isn't filled by someone else. I fear this season they will learn that the hard way.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 17:39 - Jul 29 with 1997 viewsWill_RAFC

And not saying its solely down to Colin Garlick because it's not, and he has handled transfer business really quite well, but we are going through the best times we've ever had on the field yet losing fans. Its criminal.
Fans Forum on 17:49 - Jul 29 with 1965 viewsClivert

CG did say last night that STs were still selling in February this year so I'm assuming you can still buy them throughout the season.

Good to see that you've stuck your guns after our brief chat in Asda earlier in the summer Sandyman, I'm afraid I caved in and renewed.
Fans Forum on 17:54 - Jul 29 with 1938 viewsNewbury_Dale

Dont know why the club didnt just get buy-in from the local council / MP for the scheme and then send 200 free season tickets to each school in the area. Let the schools then distribute them to kids who do their homework and like football. With the hook that all children have to be accompanied by an adult. No £10 admin fee and you've at least got the tickets in the kids' hands.
Fans Forum on 18:16 - Jul 29 with 1884 views49thseason

Apparently, in the theatre world, it is quite common the "paper the theatre" - in other words, give away hundreds of free tickets for a performance, often 10% of the theatre or more.
it would be perfectly possible to give away500 tickets for each home game to local schools on a free Dad and Lad basis thus hopefully filling another 1000 seats and giving a proper marketing department the opportunity to build a database of new fans that might actually turn up to future matches.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/classicalmusic/11483740/Papering-the-ho
Fans Forum on 18:25 - Jul 29 with 1859 viewsKenBoon

I think we play the Milton Keynes club at home on the same day as the Feel Good Festival. Perhaps that'd be a good game to vastly reduce price for all and get some more people in.
Fans Forum on 18:46 - Jul 29 with 1819 viewsLuke8686

Fans Forum on 18:25 - Jul 29 by KenBoon

I think we play the Milton Keynes club at home on the same day as the Feel Good Festival. Perhaps that'd be a good game to vastly reduce price for all and get some more people in.

But we won't
Fans Forum on 19:30 - Jul 29 with 1712 viewswindowsbug

Fans Forum on 06:22 - Jul 29 by TalkingSutty

The period for selling them isn't over yet so I would imagine it's too early for that. I received a couple of renewal forms which is standard every closed Season. My perception of the Pricing of tickets was that the same old people would be leaned on again to keep handing over the cash, that in itself wouldn't have bothered me that much if I had seen some sort of effort to attract back those supporters who have drifted away and come up with a cheaper ticket for those who can't afford the current prices.

It's as though they don't realise a lot of adults can't/ won't pay the prices they are asking,or if they do then they are just ignoring it. I haven't even mentioned the ST prices for the younger adults. I am really worried about the number of fans who are turning their back on the Club and how the Directors don't seem to have a grasp of the issue and more importantly the long term implications.

Somebody suggested that the Directors seemed happy with the breakdown of Season Ticket Sales for the coming season, if that's the case then Hills comment that there is a disconnection within the Club is spot on.

It's the little things like filthy toilets that haven't been cleaned since the previous game that make you ask how much your support is valued ( I hope to god the ladies toilet wasn't in the same state). Who exactly is responsible for the upkeep of the Stadium because whoever it is obviously isn't doing their job properly. It's our House now so let's at least clean the bloody bogs and cut down the weeds. The whole place needs a bloody rocket up it's arse, we seem to be going backwards.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 6:26]

Are the pitch covers still rolled up around the ground?
Fans Forum on 21:07 - Jul 29 with 1546 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans Forum on 18:25 - Jul 29 by KenBoon

I think the Peterborough game would have been the best one. No Premiership Football, first game of the season and the hype that involves. A good performance means people want to come to the next game. Give Posh a third of the Willbutts and then fill the spaces.

'FIRST GAME FILL THE STADIUM' .....Make it a fun day for the kids to celebrate ownership of the Stadium and give out vouchers etc, etc. The moments passed though.
Fans Forum on 21:16 - Jul 29 with 1522 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans Forum on 19:30 - Jul 29 by windowsbug

Are the pitch covers still rolled up around the ground?

Well it was mentioned when the Trust sourced the covers that they would need looking after and storing properly, they cost a lot of money. Look after your gear and your gear will look after you.

I don't know the answer to your question but fans parted with hard earned money to purchase those covers. The Groundsman will be resonsible for storage of equipment i would have though,but you bring up a good point.

If the crappers are left to their own devices, I really fear for the welfare of the pitch covers!!
Fans Forum on 21:19 - Jul 29 with 1514 viewsdingdangblue

Fans Forum on 21:07 - Jul 29 by TalkingSutty

I think the Peterborough game would have been the best one. No Premiership Football, first game of the season and the hype that involves. A good performance means people want to come to the next game. Give Posh a third of the Willbutts and then fill the spaces.

'FIRST GAME FILL THE STADIUM' .....Make it a fun day for the kids to celebrate ownership of the Stadium and give out vouchers etc, etc. The moments passed though.

We talked about this at the end of last season, have a fill the ground day, really market it properly - the club would insist on making it difficult though and make everyone get a ticket 1st which defeats the object. Just tell people to turn up and its free for everyone. Make it a family fun day and cheap beer all around .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Fans Forum on 21:27 - Jul 29 with 1494 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans Forum on 21:19 - Jul 29 by dingdangblue

We talked about this at the end of last season, have a fill the ground day, really market it properly - the club would insist on making it difficult though and make everyone get a ticket 1st which defeats the object. Just tell people to turn up and its free for everyone. Make it a family fun day and cheap beer all around .

I don't buy into the myth that if it was free entrance we wouldn't attract a crowd of 5000, that's a load of bollocks. We've had more home supporters than that over recent years all paying the full price.

Pick the right game, market it properly( key) and let people just turn up on the day and they will come. First come first served. Marketing and advertising makes or breaks it though, the first game of the season would have been a cracker. Speculate to accumulate .
Fans Forum on 21:38 - Jul 29 with 1472 viewsdingdangblue

Fans Forum on 21:27 - Jul 29 by TalkingSutty

I don't buy into the myth that if it was free entrance we wouldn't attract a crowd of 5000, that's a load of bollocks. We've had more home supporters than that over recent years all paying the full price.

Pick the right game, market it properly( key) and let people just turn up on the day and they will come. First come first served. Marketing and advertising makes or breaks it though, the first game of the season would have been a cracker. Speculate to accumulate .

Fleetwood Saturday 17th September ideal. Gives them more than enough time to market it right.

Fans Forum on 21:43 - Jul 29 with 1462 viewsBartRowou

The easy way of advertising the season tickets to primary schools is to send out leaflets and hope for the best.

The harder, but better, way is to identify Dale fans working in primary schools. This involves a bit of effort and connecting with the fan base.

Once one is found, I can guarantee that they will know of other Dale fans working in primary schools in Rochdale. Or at least they will know who the teacher is in the local schools who sees the value in promoting a season ticket to the kids in their school.

I would say 95% of staff in primary schools, both male and female, have little or no interest in football, especially at our level.

If you just send out leaflets, they will end up in the paper recycling bin along with all the other ones advertising dance clubs, drama clubs and the like. You need someone on the inside to drive it.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fans Forum on 21:46 - Jul 29 with 1457 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans Forum on 21:38 - Jul 29 by dingdangblue

Fleetwood Saturday 17th September ideal. Gives them more than enough time to market it right.

Good idea ddb. Fleetwood would bring 350 fans tops. It needs advertising from next week onwards though and putting in the local newspapers/ Twitter etc.

These conversations are like Groundhog Day though aren't they?
Fans Forum on 21:56 - Jul 29 with 1420 viewsdingdangblue

Fans Forum on 21:46 - Jul 29 by TalkingSutty

Good idea ddb. Fleetwood would bring 350 fans tops. It needs advertising from next week onwards though and putting in the local newspapers/ Twitter etc.

These conversations are like Groundhog Day though aren't they?

Celebrate getting the Stadium back properly - if its that big a deal then surely it should be marked with a special event???

Fans Forum on 22:00 - Jul 29 with 1405 views442Dale

Fans Forum on 21:43 - Jul 29 by BartRowou

The easy way of advertising the season tickets to primary schools is to send out leaflets and hope for the best.

The harder, but better, way is to identify Dale fans working in primary schools. This involves a bit of effort and connecting with the fan base.

Once one is found, I can guarantee that they will know of other Dale fans working in primary schools in Rochdale. Or at least they will know who the teacher is in the local schools who sees the value in promoting a season ticket to the kids in their school.

I would say 95% of staff in primary schools, both male and female, have little or no interest in football, especially at our level.

If you just send out leaflets, they will end up in the paper recycling bin along with all the other ones advertising dance clubs, drama clubs and the like. You need someone on the inside to drive it.

No leaflets were given out at my kids' school despite the fact Joe Bunney and some youth team players went into assembly. The schools cannot be blamed at all, their job could have been done for them with ideas like the one you mentioned. Out of interest, did anyone who get a kids ST get asked which school they were at to see how well the marketing had gone?

This whole discussion is both depressing and embarrassing, it's also one which could have been avoided at numerous stages throughout the process. The situation was addressed very effectively on the behalf of supporters by the Trust; there were enough suggestions within that correspondence on how it could have easily been turned round. It didn't happen.
Nor did anything happen when numerous ideas appeared from fans on here on how the club could promote it differently/just come out and say they got it wrong.

As already mentioned, it's depressing it came to this. But all so predictable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans Forum on 23:17 - Jul 29 with 1318 viewsD_Alien

Fans Forum on 18:16 - Jul 29 by 49thseason

Apparently, in the theatre world, it is quite common the "paper the theatre" - in other words, give away hundreds of free tickets for a performance, often 10% of the theatre or more.
it would be perfectly possible to give away500 tickets for each home game to local schools on a free Dad and Lad basis thus hopefully filling another 1000 seats and giving a proper marketing department the opportunity to build a database of new fans that might actually turn up to future matches.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/classicalmusic/11483740/Papering-the-ho

Allthough I was making a joke about the "Dad and Lad" business first time round, there is a serious point too, 49th...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024