Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackett told to get his overcoat and go 03:34 - Jul 30 with 1848 viewsdavidab2202

Think he is the first manager to be sacked this season.

In my opinion another case of new foreign investors coming in and deciding that a change is needed,possibly just for changes sake.

Probably means another foreign manager who we may or may not have heard of appearing at Wolves in the hope that the promised land of the Premiership can be reached
Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 05:27 - Jul 30 with 1818 viewsShun

Overall I think it's harsh on him.

P.S. You're not having this for first manager sacked on Col's prediction thingy! That starts on August 6th!
Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 06:04 - Jul 30 with 1800 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

They were in a 'harri'ngton to get rid before the start of the seaon proper.
Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 06:09 - Jul 30 with 1795 viewsShun

I just hope whoever replaces him likes attacking football. None of this parka the bus stuff.
Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 06:55 - Jul 30 with 1767 viewsrochedale

I hope he takes them to coat, seems a little out of the blue.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 07:03 - Jul 30 with 1758 viewsdeeplishblue

No jacket required ?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 07:54 - Jul 30 with 1686 viewsD_Alien

Think you're right, the new owners will want someone who's more fully-suited to them. Expect they'll get someone who's just pants though.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 09:34 - Jul 30 with 1548 viewsfitzochris

Apparently André Villas-Boas has been lined up, as unbelievable as that sounds. He was managing Zenit St Petersburg in the Champions League only last season. I guess if it's good enough for Rafa and Roberto...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 09:52 - Jul 30 with 1510 viewsTVOS1907

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 09:34 - Jul 30 by fitzochris

Apparently André Villas-Boas has been lined up, as unbelievable as that sounds. He was managing Zenit St Petersburg in the Champions League only last season. I guess if it's good enough for Rafa and Roberto...

They've appointed former Italy keeper Walter Zenga.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 09:55 - Jul 30 with 1497 viewsBigKindo

I think that Jackett will be buttonholed in the coming months now he has no ties.
Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 10:18 - Jul 30 with 1450 viewsfitzochris

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 09:52 - Jul 30 by TVOS1907

They've appointed former Italy keeper Walter Zenga.

Bloody hell, that's even more of a leftfield appointment. Hadn't heard anyone mention him.

AVB, Zenga or anyone, it's a bad time to start a new regime with the season a week away.

Jackett seemed like a decent coach too.

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 10:22 - Jul 30 with 1447 viewsfitzochris

Just read Zenga is a Jorge Mendes client, so maybe not surprising given that's who Fosun are using. Huge gamble for Wolves.

Before AVB was being mentioned they were convinced they were getting the fellow recently unveiled as Spain's new manager.

Crazy stuff at Molineux just now.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2016 10:25]

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 10:57 - Jul 30 with 1393 viewsmacro

Nothing like keeping it all cosy and the money between them. Another club to have a huge influx of foreign players then
Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 11:23 - Jul 30 with 1375 viewsfitzochris

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 10:57 - Jul 30 by macro

Nothing like keeping it all cosy and the money between them. Another club to have a huge influx of foreign players then

Absolutely. It's times like this I am grateful to have that old-school model of a local businessman owning our club.

It may all work out for Wolves and, from all the stuff I read on the day of the Fosun takeover, they're not after world domination, but still.

In the run up to the takeover, fans and the Wolves media were convinced Julen Lopetegui was going to become manager. He was then appointed Spain manager. Shows how lofty they were aiming. Next I was reading AVB was going to replace Jackett, right up until this morning. Again, lofty.

While Zenga was a big name as a player, I'm not sure his track record as a manager has pulses racing. With the Mendes influence too - something that has been described as toxic by two of Mourinho's previous clubs - Wolves' fans' euphoria may be turning to trepidation.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2016 11:25]

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 11:45 - Jul 30 with 1330 viewsmacro

Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 11:23 - Jul 30 by fitzochris

Absolutely. It's times like this I am grateful to have that old-school model of a local businessman owning our club.

It may all work out for Wolves and, from all the stuff I read on the day of the Fosun takeover, they're not after world domination, but still.

In the run up to the takeover, fans and the Wolves media were convinced Julen Lopetegui was going to become manager. He was then appointed Spain manager. Shows how lofty they were aiming. Next I was reading AVB was going to replace Jackett, right up until this morning. Again, lofty.

While Zenga was a big name as a player, I'm not sure his track record as a manager has pulses racing. With the Mendes influence too - something that has been described as toxic by two of Mourinho's previous clubs - Wolves' fans' euphoria may be turning to trepidation.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2016 11:25]

I'll wait to see what the impact will be on young players like ronan. I've a couple of mates who are wolves fans and they aren't convinced. Interesting times ahead for them. Agree completely though thank goodness for CD being in charge at Dale
Jackett told to get his overcoat and go on 12:48 - Jul 30 with 1256 viewsDiddyDave

More bollox in the world of modern day football. The Chinese are good at running fish and chip shops,but as for football they probably think the ball`s an oversized dim sim. Same as that clown who bought Fulham a couple of years ago and has taken them to near relegation in the Championship,I `m expecting Dale to be playing Wolves next year assuming Dale don`t get promoted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024