Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly's Head! 17:49 - Aug 25 with 2080 viewsmidlandsdale

I maybe mis reading or becoming increasingly worried about lack of quality players, but Hilly looks disconnected in his recent interviews. No eye contact, downtrodden rather than his smiley self, and I am left with a view that he is thinking that he is in the worst position going into a new season that he has ever been. Was this the reason for the 'i was offered other jobs' comment? I know we have been a little unlucky in some games, but there are glaring issues with the squad.

1. No left back is so clear its obvious to everyone bar Hill
2. Little or no cover in defensive areas
3. Totally uninspiring signings in Thompson, RNL, and the attempt to re sign Holness
4. Line ups that frankly have been baffling

There is a completely different mood in many areas and it doesn't bode well. Much of this could be improved with better communication, and I make no apology for saying that the Dale Player interviews are becoming like good morning with Lorraine Kelly! Ask some decent questions and have some balls to provide some insight!
Hilly's Head! on 17:53 - Aug 25 with 2059 viewsboromat

My reading of him from the interviews etc is that he's very calm as if he knows something we don't or he's confident that results will turn around.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hilly's Head! on 18:09 - Aug 25 with 2010 viewsSuddenLad

Anyone trying to glean anything from 'in-house' interviews is wasting their time. Likewise post-match interviews when someone sticks a microphone under his nose within minutes of the final whistle.

Keith Hill is not media savvy, probably never will be, but thank God he's a good football manager.

We should analyse his managerial qualities, not his ability to answer mundane and/or loaded questions.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hilly's Head! on 18:11 - Aug 25 with 1999 viewsmidlandsdale

So your happy with the squad quality, depth and formation currently?
Hilly's Head! on 18:20 - Aug 25 with 1963 viewsmacro

Hilly's Head! on 18:11 - Aug 25 by midlandsdale

So your happy with the squad quality, depth and formation currently?

GK - Yes
Defence - No
Midfield - Yes
Attack - Yes
Hilly's Head! on 18:26 - Aug 25 with 1947 viewsmidlandsdale

With the signing of Logan and the talent we have in midfield (if played) I agree. Defence is exposed already at left back and we have no cover in central defence for injury's. Up top we are weak, even though I like Calvin he just isn't prolific enough, and Hendo has been off the boil for 18 months.

Bunny, Thompson, McNulty shouldn't be even on the bench.
Hilly's Head! on 19:04 - Aug 25 with 1808 viewsdingdangblue

Cant say I've noticed.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly's Head! on 20:38 - Aug 25 with 1614 viewsR17ALE

When I saw the title of this thread I was thinking they'd re-named the Ratcliffe Arms!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hilly's Head! on 21:52 - Aug 25 with 1484 viewsDaleiLama

It's never been the same since someone nicked his plant pot

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024