Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pay Monthly Season Tickets 13:09 - Aug 26 with 13072 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-dale-finance-pack

Big step in the right direction!
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 21:51 - Aug 26 with 2678 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sounds a great move and I hope it has plenty of take up........just worried about the interest rate and the fact that this Loan Company will obviously want it's taste .
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 23:10 - Aug 26 with 2610 viewsTVOS1907

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 19:37 - Aug 26 by roccydaleian

I agree.

Agree with that

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 12:43 - Aug 27 with 2406 views1mark1

It's a start, and is news to be welcomed. It will enable Some Dale supporters that are currently unable to purchase a ST to now purchase one. The devil will of course be in the detail. However the majority who struggle to afford match day prices, will still struggle to purchase a ST, as it will still be over £30 a month to find. And like what has been said, there are currently ways of purchasing STs by vouchers and credit cards, etc.

Hopefully a serious look will take place to actually decrease the costs of ST and match day prices, hopefully on a model similar to the Hartlepool one.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:32 - Aug 27 with 2362 viewschalkyncfc

Zebra Finance have been doing this for at least five years and have had the same deal at at Notts with no complaints from the couple of supporters that went with them that I know,if I remember right they started paying at the start of closed season so they was three months in advance
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:43 - Aug 27 with 2351 viewsBlueMessiah

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:32 - Aug 27 by chalkyncfc

Zebra Finance have been doing this for at least five years and have had the same deal at at Notts with no complaints from the couple of supporters that went with them that I know,if I remember right they started paying at the start of closed season so they was three months in advance

Any idea of the interest rate Chalky? I suspect that could be the deciding factor here and I would envisage it to be similar at all the schemes Zebra are involved in. Not something I would take up myself, but if even only a few take up the offer then it's good news all round.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:25 - Aug 27 with 2296 viewschalkyncfc

I can't get in touch with the lads who took up the offer until Monday but I've asked on a Notts site if anybody else did
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:28 - Aug 27 with 2293 views442Dale

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:25 - Aug 27 by chalkyncfc

I can't get in touch with the lads who took up the offer until Monday but I've asked on a Notts site if anybody else did

Thanks Chalkster. See, you're proving to be a positive. Keep it up.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:43 - Aug 27 with 2265 viewschalkyncfc

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:28 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

Thanks Chalkster. See, you're proving to be a positive. Keep it up.

I'm getting there 442
Login to get fewer ads

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:48 - Aug 27 with 2257 viewschalkyncfc

It cost £30 on top of the season ticket
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 10:42 - Aug 29 with 2166 viewsNinco

My concern would be those who don't pay. I see it in my line of work. People set up payment by direct debit, make the first payment, then when you go in for the next one, you get it bounced by the bank for insufficient funds. Presumably the finance company would pursue this and not just say to the club that you are only getting £35 for your £350 season ticket because the customer didn't bother paying the rest.
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 10:49 - Aug 29 with 2146 viewsfunkkk

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 10:42 - Aug 29 by Ninco

My concern would be those who don't pay. I see it in my line of work. People set up payment by direct debit, make the first payment, then when you go in for the next one, you get it bounced by the bank for insufficient funds. Presumably the finance company would pursue this and not just say to the club that you are only getting £35 for your £350 season ticket because the customer didn't bother paying the rest.

The club will still get the money and the non-payer would still have their season ticket. Zebra would chase the outstanding money before passing on to a debt collection agency. This is risk free for the club.
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 10:51 - Aug 29 with 2136 viewschalkyncfc

That's why the direct payments get started three months in advance,if you didn't pay the direct debit then you wouldn't get into the ground with your season ticket (its a card that gets swiped at the turn styles) and as far as I can see has worked well at Meadow Lane
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 11:04 - Aug 29 with 2112 viewsTalkingSutty

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 10:49 - Aug 29 by funkkk

The club will still get the money and the non-payer would still have their season ticket. Zebra would chase the outstanding money before passing on to a debt collection agency. This is risk free for the club.

Very good news this and if the new Chief Exec pitches next seasons ST prices right then I can see a big take up and the Season Ticket problems being rectified in one foul swoop. I'm sticking to my decision for this season but next year will hopefully be purchasing 2 new ST.

I've got faith in the new CE to represent the club in a professional manner and try to work with the fans rather than against them. He comes highly recommended and is obviously good at his job, a great appointment by Mr Dunphy and I'm looking forward to meeting him.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2016 11:06]
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 12:00 - Sep 1 with 1955 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-201617-season-tic

23.4% and 6% Admin Fee...
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 12:23 - Sep 1 with 1897 viewsdingdangblue

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 12:00 - Sep 1 by AlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-201617-season-tic

23.4% and 6% Admin Fee...

6 monthly installments, £72 the 1st month followed by £53. Really cant see any takers for that. Hardly any saving picking and choosing games. What if we only have 2 home games in a particular month (September,November and January)! You end up paying £53? Good luck with that one . Seems you are paying the interest (admin fee) the 1st month? Or am I reading it wrong?

We are bottom of the league and haven't won a game. Come on down!!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 13:36]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 12:25 - Sep 1 with 1831 views100notout

Ah the old "admin fee"!!!!!!!!!

So apart from any interest charges it will cost an extra £20 or so to buy a season ticket. Can't see much of a take up for this unfortunately.

Anyone thinking they might want to buy a ST next year and may struggle to pay for it should start (NOW!!!!!!) putting a few quid away each week / month.

edit or do a Goldbond round and get a ST for £20
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 12:28]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 12:47 - Sep 1 with 1782 viewsKenBoon

LOL. Go to Wonga or something. This club either thinks the fans are stupid (some are tbf) or just hold us all in utter contempt.
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:09 - Sep 1 with 1722 views1907

Absolutely shocking, anybody who is credit worthy enough to pass that credit check should just get a 0% credit card to pay off over X amount of months.
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:09 - Sep 1 with 1717 viewsdingdangblue

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 12:25 - Sep 1 by 100notout

Ah the old "admin fee"!!!!!!!!!

So apart from any interest charges it will cost an extra £20 or so to buy a season ticket. Can't see much of a take up for this unfortunately.

Anyone thinking they might want to buy a ST next year and may struggle to pay for it should start (NOW!!!!!!) putting a few quid away each week / month.

edit or do a Goldbond round and get a ST for £20
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 12:28]

Seems not re reading the table. It seems the admin fee is the interest payment? Why call it an admin fee? Its incorporated into the monthly payments it seems - not on top. I think? The total amount payable must include admin? £322 + the admin fee (interest) = total amount payable over the 6 months. Talk about confusing the customer.
Still cant see many takers at £53 per month.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 13:14]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:17 - Sep 1 with 1691 viewsDaleFan7

I said this when it was announced, to be worth it the interest rate needs to be low. It's not, put on top of that the dreaded 'admin fee'. It's a good idea in hindsight, practically it's a no go. £50+ a month when really we only play 2 or 3 home games anyway at about £20. Still rather pick and choose games and control what I spend when I spend it.
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:17 - Sep 1 with 1690 viewsTalkingSutty

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 12:47 - Sep 1 by KenBoon

LOL. Go to Wonga or something. This club either thinks the fans are stupid (some are tbf) or just hold us all in utter contempt.

Be careful, one of the club apologists will come along and tell you to stop being negative and suck it up.
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:31 - Sep 1 with 1641 viewsdingdangblue

Sorry but that table is confusing- does the total amount payable include the admin fee or not? Because £322(season ticket) + £19.32(admin fee) = £341.32 (total amount payable)??
But then what about the interest?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 13:46]

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:44 - Sep 1 with 1602 viewsmoth5368

I've just followed the link a bit further, it states 'Loan Type' as 6 months interest free with an admin fee of 6%. I would presume that the 'representative APR' takes the admin fee into consideration. So you're not paying 23% AND 6% admin fee.
I wouldn't have expected the club to extend payments beyond the end of the season but allowing payments in April & May would have meant a reduction in the monthly payment. I'd hope that they can get this sorted out early next year so it could be paid over 10 months.
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:48 - Sep 1 with 1589 viewsmilly

Still better off getting a 0% credit card.I have 8, yes 8.You always get 0% balance transfers and 0% interest as they try to tempt you back.Never paid any interest yet on credit cards,i just transfer when offer ends to another card offering the 0%.Soon offer you another one though just to tempt you back.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 13:50]
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:51 - Sep 1 with 1575 viewsdingdangblue

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:44 - Sep 1 by moth5368

I've just followed the link a bit further, it states 'Loan Type' as 6 months interest free with an admin fee of 6%. I would presume that the 'representative APR' takes the admin fee into consideration. So you're not paying 23% AND 6% admin fee.
I wouldn't have expected the club to extend payments beyond the end of the season but allowing payments in April & May would have meant a reduction in the monthly payment. I'd hope that they can get this sorted out early next year so it could be paid over 10 months.

They have worded it extremely badly. They state both APR and Admin fee (why). Just call it sodding interest not 'admin fee'. Have they not learnt from the Free kids season ticket debacle?
So basically its interest free but the admin fee works out exactly what the interest would be.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 14:05]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024