Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winter break 20:13 - Aug 26 with 1880 viewsColDale

Apparently it's been agreed for Premier League clubs. Don't know if it applies to FL as well. Be good publicity if we could have a time where the only football was FL.
Winter break on 20:27 - Aug 26 with 1847 viewsBartRowou

1. They'll only moan when they have to play more midweek games to catch up.
2. Therefore, their next move will be to reduce the number of teams in the top flight.
3. Teams will fly off and play matches around the world at Christmas.
4. At least we'll win the World Cup.
5. I hate modern football with a passion.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Winter break on 20:28 - Aug 26 with 1841 viewsdingdangblue

Cant see it ever happening in the lower divisions. Imagine if we had 2 weeks off at Christmas and New Year then we got a cold snap in mid/late January. Its ok if you have undersoil heating but we'd be Knackered! We'd be playing Twice a week till May!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Winter break on 21:39 - Aug 26 with 1738 viewsChaffRAFC

Winter break on 20:28 - Aug 26 by dingdangblue

Cant see it ever happening in the lower divisions. Imagine if we had 2 weeks off at Christmas and New Year then we got a cold snap in mid/late January. Its ok if you have undersoil heating but we'd be Knackered! We'd be playing Twice a week till May!

Wouldn't want it to happen in the lower divisions. Imagine having to spend Boxing Day with your family and stuff and watching Noel Edmonds! F*** that.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Winter break on 22:15 - Aug 26 with 1677 viewsonedalefan

Winter break on 20:27 - Aug 26 by BartRowou

1. They'll only moan when they have to play more midweek games to catch up.
2. Therefore, their next move will be to reduce the number of teams in the top flight.
3. Teams will fly off and play matches around the world at Christmas.
4. At least we'll win the World Cup.
5. I hate modern football with a passion.

We will never win the world cup (or the European championship) until we restrict the number of overseas players in all our divisions.
Winter break on 10:46 - Aug 27 with 1456 viewsRalphs12

Winter break on 22:15 - Aug 26 by onedalefan

We will never win the world cup (or the European championship) until we restrict the number of overseas players in all our divisions.

The cream rises to the top. If they aren't good enough they aren't good enough.

Maybe more British players should go play overseas?
Winter break on 10:50 - Aug 27 with 1449 viewsmacro

If the break is confirmed they need to ban overseas trips playing meaningless friendlies
Winter break on 10:57 - Aug 27 with 1439 viewsfitzochris

Winter break on 10:50 - Aug 27 by macro

If the break is confirmed they need to ban overseas trips playing meaningless friendlies

Sadly, these games aren't meaningless. They appease sponsors and foreign markets. I don't agree with it, by the way.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Winter break on 10:59 - Aug 27 with 1435 viewsmacro

Winter break on 10:57 - Aug 27 by fitzochris

Sadly, these games aren't meaningless. They appease sponsors and foreign markets. I don't agree with it, by the way.

I get that of course but realistically they are meaningless from a result point of view.
Login to get fewer ads

Winter break on 11:49 - Aug 27 with 1385 viewsfitzochris

Winter break on 10:59 - Aug 27 by macro

I get that of course but realistically they are meaningless from a result point of view.

Absolutely. The biggest joke is when Celtic postpone domestic fixtures so they can fulfil these friendlies. The SPFL let them off with it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Winter break on 12:23 - Aug 27 with 1333 viewsmacro

Winter break on 11:49 - Aug 27 by fitzochris

Absolutely. The biggest joke is when Celtic postpone domestic fixtures so they can fulfil these friendlies. The SPFL let them off with it.

A further example of money doing the talking. Spurs manager complaining about start of prem, players too tired yet they travelled over 22000 miles preseason
Winter break on 12:29 - Aug 27 with 1318 viewsDomDale

I don't want a winter break but I don't see how they can apply it to the premier league and not championship or L1. There are teams at this level that have internationals called up, albeit for tinpot countries like Northern Ireland.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Winter break on 12:48 - Aug 27 with 1292 views1mark1

Winter break could work for some FL clubs, who have very good pitches and infrastructure to get games on in very bad weather conditions, however for many including Dale it would not work. Simple reason being we just don't know when in the season a winter break would be of the greatest benefit as far as adverse weather conditions. Also it would mean more mid week games, putting additional financial problems onto many clubs, due to decrease in attendances and takings.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Winter break on 15:23 - Aug 27 with 1221 viewsPorlicks

Reduce the teams per division. 5 divisions of 18 teams.

We are inundated with supporters who say they pick and choose games to go to. Less games makes their choice easier. No midweek games unless postponements / cup games.

Last season proved we don't rely on attendances to survive anyway.

Who are YOU with?

Winter break on 15:35 - Aug 27 with 1210 views442Dale

Winter break on 15:23 - Aug 27 by Porlicks

Reduce the teams per division. 5 divisions of 18 teams.

We are inundated with supporters who say they pick and choose games to go to. Less games makes their choice easier. No midweek games unless postponements / cup games.

Last season proved we don't rely on attendances to survive anyway.

It's a bloody good job too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Winter break on 17:51 - Aug 27 with 1167 viewsolympicdale

Well that's the 2018 world cup sorted then. Its ridiculous, there wouldn't be any 'break', they'd all be off playing in Qatar or wherever, if anything they'd come back whinging that they're too tired.

Life is a game of fate.

Winter break on 18:37 - Aug 27 with 1118 viewsPassmondsBlue

After today can we have a mid season break from the end of August till the start of April?

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024