Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 14:16 - Aug 27 with 9935 views442Dale

Team: Logan, Cannon, McNulty, McGahey, Canavan, Allen, Lund, Henderson, McDermott, NML, Davies

Subs: Lillis, Rafferty, Tanser, Camps, Thompson, Odelusi, Andrew
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 14:21]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 17:19 - Aug 27 with 2149 viewsR_AFC

Match thread on 17:12 - Aug 27 by SalwaDale

Daleplayer commentary said Hill arguing with fans when he wouldn't let Logan go up for the late corner.

Just typical Hill taking it out on the fans as usual. Happens every time we have a bad streak and the pressure builds. Probably wanting to add to the 'distance' between him and the fans.

It all started with Logan running forward which the fans were encouraging. Then he turned to the fans and started telling them shut up (however not as politely as that) then we scored and he started shouting F*** off at the fans. A family with a young girl had to leave because she started crying.

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Match thread on 17:22 - Aug 27 with 2103 views442Dale

If any such situation has occurred, you'd expect the board of directors to step in and ensure those involved offer an apology.

It's incredibly disappointing to hear young fans have been affected. Was it really that bad?

Match thread on 17:24 - Aug 27 with 2072 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread on 17:22 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

If any such situation has occurred, you'd expect the board of directors to step in and ensure those involved offer an apology.

It's incredibly disappointing to hear young fans have been affected. Was it really that bad?

As DalePlayer went off air, he was saying that a group of fans were confronting the directors. Sounds like a messy situation all round.
Match thread on 17:26 - Aug 27 with 2045 viewsJimmyRustler

It's just all part of Hill's sabotage mission. He did exactly the same at Barnsley. Baffling team selections, tactics and formations. IMO he's frustrated, thinks he's taken us as far as he can go and wants out but doesn't wanna resign cause he won't get a pay off and it'll look bad on his CV. Even if he gets sacked his reputation will remain firmly intact (as long as he doesn't do anything stupid like today). He wants out. That's how I see it.
Match thread on 17:27 - Aug 27 with 2033 viewsNinco

Match thread on 17:22 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

A group of fans in that general area turned to the directors and complained to them and got pretty much the same response from them as we got from Hill. The fans then got moved on by stewards, so basically if a fan swears they get ejected. If a member of staff swears, the victim gets ejected
Match thread on 17:28 - Aug 27 with 1982 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread on 17:12 - Aug 27 by SalwaDale

Daleplayer commentary said Hill arguing with fans when he wouldn't let Logan go up for the late corner.

After the goal Hill did some sort of 'up yours' fist pump towards the stand who were booing when he stopped Logan going up. Fun and games!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread on 17:34 - Aug 27 with 1899 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread on 17:27 - Aug 27 by Ninco

A group of fans in that general area turned to the directors and complained to them and got pretty much the same response from them as we got from Hill. The fans then got moved on by stewards, so basically if a fan swears they get ejected. If a member of staff swears, the victim gets ejected

What a great way to treat loyal supporters that keep the club going. Its starting to get very distant between the club and the fans and that benefits nobody. Everybody loses at the end of the day.
Match thread on 17:35 - Aug 27 with 1874 views442Dale

What did the directors say?!

This sounds like the script from a comedy. Except it's not funny.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 17:45 - Aug 27 with 1763 viewsBrierls

If thats really what happened, I am delighted that these moaning arseholes have got some back for the inane shite they spout over and over again.

Saying that children were left crying as some sort of point scoring exercise. Get a grip. Has it entered your head that children would have been upset by the adults around them losing their heads?

I'm fully behind Hill and I'm fully behind the directors.
Match thread on 17:46 - Aug 27 with 1751 viewsNinco

Match thread on 17:35 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

What did the directors say?!

This sounds like the script from a comedy. Except it's not funny.

They didn't say anything. They gestured. They do wrong to get on the wrong side of the customers though. Once you lose the respect of them, it is very hard to turn things around.
Match thread on 17:50 - Aug 27 with 1692 views442Dale

Match thread on 17:45 - Aug 27 by Brierls

If thats really what happened, I am delighted that these moaning arseholes have got some back for the inane shite they spout over and over again.

Saying that children were left crying as some sort of point scoring exercise. Get a grip. Has it entered your head that children would have been upset by the adults around them losing their heads?

Agreed on the kids thing, the lack of appreciation for younger fans by supporters at games is obvious. Yes, some kids might be immune to it or been taught to ignore it, but it doesn't mean that adults shouldnt think how their actions might be interpreted by youngsters.

Match thread on 18:12 - Aug 27 with 1550 viewsR_AFC

Do you ever see other managers act like this?

How can a manager discipline his players, when he acts as unprofessionally as he did today?

Clueless comment.

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Match thread on 18:15 - Aug 27 with 1515 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread on 18:12 - Aug 27 by R_AFC

Do you ever see other managers act like this?

How can a manager discipline his players, when he acts as unprofessionally as he did today?

Clueless comment.

Yes Pardew and Mourinho and Simeone.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread on 18:16 - Aug 27 with 1508 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 16:30 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

The celebratory nature of the half time announcement that Bury were three down has worked well.

Only a-non football person would do something like that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread on 19:12 - Aug 27 with 1389 viewsNinco

Match thread on 17:50 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

Agreed on the kids thing, the lack of appreciation for younger fans by supporters at games is obvious. Yes, some kids might be immune to it or been taught to ignore it, but it doesn't mean that adults shouldnt think how their actions might be interpreted by youngsters.

It was actually the Mother of the child who was crying. The child would have been too young to understand what was going on. Having said that, there were other kids who saw it and whether or not they were bothered, it puts a spanner in the works for all the stuff that football in the community have done to get kids to come and watch us, if the manager then swears at them.
Match thread on 19:15 - Aug 27 with 1374 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread on 19:12 - Aug 27 by Ninco

It was actually the Mother of the child who was crying. The child would have been too young to understand what was going on. Having said that, there were other kids who saw it and whether or not they were bothered, it puts a spanner in the works for all the stuff that football in the community have done to get kids to come and watch us, if the manager then swears at them.

Cant wait for the 'Hill swears at kids' headline on the back page of the Observer.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 19:16]

Match thread on 19:35 - Aug 27 with 1308 viewsYouTubeDale

A manager turning around to fans to argue his case never works. He is going to lose every time, even if he is correct. Hilly knows this to be true, so I am baffled why he did it today. My only explanation is he too lost it for a few seconds. He lost his discipline and his own advice to concentrate,concentrate,concentrate was not adhered to by HIMSELF.

I am sure he is regretting having that tete a tete.

We need to come together as one and CONCENTRATE on the next match, being positive,positive,positive.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match thread on 19:44 - Aug 27 with 1274 viewsKenBoon

Perhaps they were sad because they remembered Harambe?
Match thread on 19:49 - Aug 27 with 1255 viewsTalkingSutty

What about being behind BBM
Match thread on 22:27 - Aug 27 with 1039 viewsDaleiLama

They'll be asking for a refund on their season ticket next. Oh, hold on, it was free wasn't it?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread on 22:52 - Aug 27 with 1002 viewsAtThePeake

Match thread on 18:15 - Aug 27 by dingdangblue

Yes Pardew and Mourinho and Simeone.

I might be wrong but I don't think I've ever seen any of those managers be so aggressive towards their own supporters?

Other managers, referees, players perhaps but can't off the top of my head remember any of them abusing their own fans.

The best managers are able to ignore that. What people say in the stands rarely affects what happens on the pitch. Hill could've just told Logan to stay back, the fans' reaction to that would've been irrelevant.

Tangled up in blue.

Match thread on 23:11 - Aug 27 with 949 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread on 17:19 - Aug 27 by R_AFC

Just typical Hill taking it out on the fans as usual. Happens every time we have a bad streak and the pressure builds. Probably wanting to add to the 'distance' between him and the fans.

It all started with Logan running forward which the fans were encouraging. Then he turned to the fans and started telling them shut up (however not as politely as that) then we scored and he started shouting F*** off at the fans. A family with a young girl had to leave because she started crying.

.....was the girl crying because she wanted Logan up for the corner as well?

Spoilsport Hilly!
Match thread on 23:16 - Aug 27 with 923 viewsYouTubeDale

Did she spit her dummy out???

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024